Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Palospelos - Spanish hairtoys brand

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Default Palospelos - Spanish hairtoys brand

Ok, here is the thing: I sorta knew this brand, because one of my friends love it and my brother gave me one of its sticks in my last birthday. I knew that it existed, but I just never tried to look for it... And well, the owner contacted me via IG (it was funny because she thought that I was from USA or any other place, so she wrote me in English lol) and was superb happy knowing that I'm quite "close" (in another city) to her! From the start she offered me to send me some of their hairtoys to try them and put pics on IG (as I usually do because I'm a weirdo and that's my hobby), and she even let me choose several from the page. I was glad to collaborate, and they are here!

Here's the Palospelos webpage if you wanna give a look, they ship worldwide.

Of course, I'm not associated to the brand so I'll do a fair review of them. And of course too, today was washing day so I couldn't try anything at all (my hair is the fluffiest sheep right now, will have to wait until tomorrow to try them properly).

So, meanwhile I try them all the following days, here are some pics of them:

And a close up to some of them:

Will come back the following days with action shots. so far I already adore the look of the flower horn fork and its headcurve, both skulls and the dragon

BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCLTBLWristClassic!FTL
    Thickness: 5 1/2" - 14cm | Length: 42,5" - 108cm
    My little braid thread

Type
    2a/C/ii

Default Re: Palospelos - Spanish hairtoys brand

Oh, they look nice! And they're not that expensive either, I think I will bookmark their site.

I look forward to seeing the action shots

ETA: I did notice one thing, and that is that they don't list how long their hair sticks are, how long are the ones you received?

Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Estrid, that is something I already told the owner and she said that she will put the measures soon I have to measure them all, will post how long the are later; by now I can say that the short swarovsky ones are about 4" so perfect for double buns, the larger sticks are 6.75" and about 5.5" in usable lenght, and the feathers stick 6"
    Last edited by Milady_DeWinter; February 19th, 2019 at 09:28 AM.

My little braid thread

Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Ok, the measures of those are:

1. Abalone fork: 6" and 5" prongs
    2. Spiral fork: 5.5" and 4" prongs (will have to use on half ups)
    3. Flower metal fork: 6.5" and 4.75" prongs
    4. Little Swarovsky hairsticks: a bit over 4" (perfect for double buns)
    5. Mexican skull hairstick: 6.75" and 5.75" useful
    6. Flower skull hairstick: 6.75" and 5.75" useful
    7. Golden dragon hairstick: 6.75" and 5.5" useful
    8. Flower black horn hairstick: 7.5" and 4.75" in prongs
    9. Feathers hairstick: a bit over 6"
    Last edited by Milady_DeWinter; February 19th, 2019 at 09:58 AM.

My little braid thread

Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

I like those hairsticks with the sparkly blue on top.
    But if those are the swarovski sticks, they are too short for me.

*Pictures*
    *Rosettebun tutorial*
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be
    judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi

Type
    2a/C/ii

Thank you for the measurements! Good that they will add that information on the site, I can't imagine buying a hair stick without knowing the length! The dragon is really pretty

Account Closed by Member Request

Oh me likes how they look and the fact that they are big! Those are the first hairsticks that I actually like the look of because they're not short and chubby but thin and long. I wonder if they hold and if they are strong and I like the black fork. Beautiful. I was on the look for something that was not wood to wear with my wet hair. I'll wait for your reviews and if they are positive I'll surely check the website and buy one or two things. Even nicer that they are my neighbours. Eagerly awaiting.

Length
    17,5/25/?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Oh how nice!
    Nice for you to have new hair toys and nice with an European shop.

*waiting for action shots*
    I have heard the mermaids singing... and I do think that they will sing to me...

Don't miss the LHC Book Club!

Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by eresh View Post
    I like those hairsticks with the sparkly blue on top.
    But if those are the swarovski sticks, they are too short for me.
    Yep, those are tiny. I was dissapointed when I saw them... for about 2 seconds lol. Then I remembered that I was already looking for options to wear double buns, and those tiny guys are more than perfect for that Dunno if they have that style in large.

Quote Originally Posted by Estrid View Post
    Thank you for the measurements! Good that they will add that information on the site, I can't imagine buying a hair stick without knowing the length! The dragon is really pretty
    Yep, that's exactly what I thought Measurements are quite important for us! I hope they'll put them soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ligeia Noire View Post
    Oh me likes how they look and the fact that they are big! Those are the first hairsticks that I actually like the look of because they're not short and chubby but thin and long. I wonder if they hold and if they are strong and I like the black fork. Beautiful. I was on the look for something that was not wood to wear with my wet hair. I'll wait for your reviews and if they are positive I'll surely check the website and buy one or two things. Even nicer that they are my neighbours. Eagerly awaiting.
    That's good to know! I also like how they look, so different to most hairsticks, without looking cheap. The owner told me that they are made in Bali (fair trade market), but that they are designed for her. The wood hairtoys are made of Sono/Saba wood, which looks similar to rosewood.

I will do my best to do a fair review of all the items during the following days. I don't have as much lenght (and therefore hair weight) as you, but I think that our texture and thickness are kinda similar or relatable, so my view might be useful. The horn fork is big and fantastic, was one of the things I specifically asked for (along with the skulls, the dragon, the feathers and the abalone fork. I thought she would select a couple of them but I received more), because it reminds me of the typical Spanish "peinetas", but all in black. Despite having that huge topper, the holes make it visually pleasant and is much lighter than I thought. I am curious too about how it will look/feel

Quote Originally Posted by Suortuva View Post
    Oh how nice!
    Nice for you to have new hair toys and nice with an European shop.

*waiting for action shots*
    Yep, it is always nice to discover another European shop! There aren't many of them; and I promise that here in Spain hairtoys aren't a *thing*: people go with plastic claws or elastics, I just saw those kind of stuff in medieval fairs and such

My little braid thread

Length
    15/29.5/34
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Love these and will bookmark also! Milady what’s your IG? I’ll give a follow!

Shoulder~APL~BSL
    ~Waist - Onward to Hip?!