Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic by Yule/Christmas 2020

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Default Classic by Yule/Christmas 2020

My original goal was to reach classic length by Yule of 2019, but sadly I went through a very stressful quarter of a year in the fall, resulting in a variety of health problems, including severe thinning of my already fairytaled ends. Breakage was also becoming an issue due to past idiocy with chemical treatments for which payment was due.

So I am starting the coming year with fresh ends, cutting off the thinnest "layer" of my ends as well as the very tips of the next "layer" (in quotation marks, because they aren't actual cut-in layers but rather chemical treatment phasing alongside natural taper), which will likely land me somewhere in the HL+ area, making classic by the end of 2019 an impossibility considering that I will be microtrimming my way there as well. Initially I was upset about it, but at the same time, I knew it had to be done and that this is indeed the right time to cut those very damaged ends off and be done with it.

Luckily, goals change all the time and there's nothing wrong with that. Anyone want to aim for this goal together with me and enjoy the journey regardless of what length we're at?
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    0 in!/37 in/??
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Classic by Yule/Christmas 2020

Hmmm...wondering if this is a reasonable goal for me. My hair is at mid back length now, but the lower half of my torso is a lot shorter than the top portion. Also starting this coming year I'm doing a no trim experiment. For now I'll say I'm in, in the worst case I just come up short and aim for a further date
    back after a long hiatuscurrent length-TBLstill inching towards classic

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by blesseddamozel View Post
    Hmmm...wondering if this is a reasonable goal for me. My hair is at mid back length now, but the lower half of my torso is a lot shorter than the top portion. Also starting this coming year I'm doing a no trim experiment. For now I'll say I'm in, in the worst case I just come up short and aim for a further date
    No matter, this is still far away so you'll have time to go through a couple of growth spurts until then, too, maybe! I think you have a good shot at it.

Length
    24.5/38.5/40
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I don’t think it’s doable but i will join.my hair is touching bsl now at 26.2 inches and classic is about 40.i think with good diet my hair can grow a little bit more than avarege.

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by amiraaah View Post
    I don’t think it’s doable but i will join.my hair is touching bsl now at 26.2 inches and classic is about 40.i think with good diet my hair can grow a little bit more than avarege.
    A good diet will certainly help! Do you do scalp massages? I have found them to increase my growth rate the most, especially when doing the inversion method as in massaging upside down.

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

I'm so in!! I calculated TBL in 1 year from now, and classic in exactly 2 years if nothing happens, including my normal trims! I'm at hip+ (35") now
    Last edited by Milady_DeWinter; November 26th, 2018 at 01:13 AM.

BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCLTBLWristClassic!FTL
    Thickness: 5 1/2" - 14cm | Length: 42,5" - 108cm
    My little braid thread

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Milady_DeWinter View Post
    I'm so in!! I calculated TBL in 1 year from now, and classic in exactly 2 years if nothing happens, including my normal trims! I'm at hip+ (35") now
    Yay, welcome!

The land of vodka, bears and perpetual winter
    Length
    APL/Class/TERM
    Type
    2b/M/ii

This one's way more realistic for me too. I'm calling BCL this Christmas, and I think could push things and get to Classic in one year, but I definitely won't enjoy it, and the taper would make it look like I've got only 3 long strands of hair hanging down. Maybe - just maybe - I could comfortably reach Classic by Summer of 2019.

But really, I don't even know what kind of a stupid idea I'll have tomorrow, I might shave my head to get rid of henna for all I know, my brain has been too unpredictable lately so I'm not saying anything for sure, but just to be on the safe side I'm giving myself two years to reach Classic. That is if terminal doesn't come earlier. If I can do it by Yule 2019, it'll be nice; if I can't, it'll be nice too.
    APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL ~ TBL ~ CL ~ TERM
    Growing out henna since November 1st, 2018

[Judging you in Spanish] Milady_DeWinter's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/CL/FTL
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Yay, we are more!

I'm almost BCL now (I'm 35", BCL is 36"), but will trim for the new year 1-1,5", so I'll be calling BCL sometime during spring.

TBL is 38"; in 1 year I'll get there! Then, CL is 42" for me: i grow almost exactly 6" a year, and try to trim 2" of them; that will allow me to be at classic with a more or less decent hemline sometime during november 2020 or a bit before, with a couple of months to adjust. So, being realistic, it's a totally affordable goal for me

BSL • MBL • WL • HL • BCLTBLWristClassic!FTL
    Thickness: 5 1/2" - 14cm | Length: 42,5" - 108cm
    My little braid thread

Crotchety Pastry GrowlingCupcake's Avatar
    Length
    15/21.5/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I'm in! I plan on no trims till classic, though I might cut in some face framing layers.

I'm nearly at BCL (36 inches). I'll hit TBL (40) by 2019, and classic is 45 inches so end of 2020 will be perfect. I'm not sure how much I grow per year but it's probably around 4 to 6 inches. My ends won't be good but at least I'll find out if I can grow to classic.
    Big chop - 18th August 2021
    SL/15 - CLB/17 - APL/21 - MBL/26 - WL/30 - HL/32 - BCL/36 - TBL/40 - CL/45
    Measuring unstretched because flexibility is dumb.