Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shorties, talk about your progress!

Last of the Brunnen-G kwaniesiam's Avatar
    Length
    bald/mop/long!
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

Wink Shorties, talk about your progress!

I thought some of us with shorter hair that tend to get discouraged with awkward stages, etc. could use a thread to focus on our achievements.

I got a trim today, so after a month or so I'm back where I started. I'm fine with it though, since mainly right now I just want the henna to grow out before I let my hair start getting long and kind of like the cut on me, its not long but suits me as much as short hair ever will. I think at the longest part, I only have about 4 inches to go before my hair is totally virgin color.
    Your neighborhood LHC-friendly hair stylist Anyone is always free to PM me if they have any questions they think I might be able to help with, hair or otherwise!

Length
    14.5/31/?
    Type
    1c/C/iii

Ahem! Well I think thats a great idea. It's hard looking at all the pictures of the super long hair here, healthy and strong.. then to look at your own so far from your goal.

That being said, I'm glad you started this thread, kwaniesiam! Since I cut my hair off in January, it's gotten past my shoulders. When it's wet, it feels like I could get to APL in just a couple inches! But then it dries and gets all kind of volume and big waves and .. not really poofyness, but an overall look of it. Do you think if I trimmed my side bang (which is growing out and is now less than an inch from my chin) that it would give the appearance of my hair being a bit longer?

Length
    17"/20"/??
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

When I started growing my hair out, it was not even chin length. Now it's past my shoulders. I've learned how to do a French Twist, how to braid it for bed (fantastic, since I have a co-sleeping toddler who loves to pull on my hair), how to oil it, and what my hair likes best. I'll probably grow my hair to BSL and then maintain it there.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Well i started off with a multi layered pixie in December 2005 and I am now a couple of inches off BSL. My layers have near enough caught up with the length, I have never cut the layers but micro trim the length monthly, though did not cut at all until February this year.

Just wanted to give my support to everybody growing from short to long as I understand how frustrating it can be, but you will all get there eventually.

Good luck to you all xx
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Type
    3a/M/ii

Mine is a bit past shoulder curled, and bottom of acnestis taut. It's been stuck there for years, the occasional solitary long hair notwithstanding. I think what's happening is the middle of my hair could grow much longer, but was being damaged while I slept. I now sleep with my hair in a Buff, which seems to be helping.
    Pyerre Mehendi Mage in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    My name is Indigo Montoya. You terped my henna. Prepare to dye!
    Pic by Renarok

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

I have been hovering at 22" for months and months.......
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Short/BSL/??
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Is it odd that after my pixie cut I already consider my hair "long" because there's such a huge difference in length to how it was a year ago?
    Pegs

Cat in a Human Disguise rapunzhell13's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

My hair is roughly 6 inches all over.

Mi-chan

Quote Originally Posted by rapunzhell13 View Post
    My hair is roughly 6 inches all over.

mine's only 2 1/2 ! *pokes tongue out* :P

it took 5 months to grow 2 1/2 inches... so about 1cm (we have metric here after all) per month

Length
    pixie/meh/Meh
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I'm about to go shorter in a week, in my continued campaign against the henna... Right now it's longest layer is at chin, but it is fairly heavily layered.... Will be approaching a long-ish pixie cut, and hope that snips off most of the rest of the henna. Seeing all of you who've already started growing out, or are close to where I am, is very comforting! It reminds me that this is just hair.. and it will grow back eventually. I do miss my old hip length hair though from Nov 2005, when I started chopping for emotional reasons (but since I'm now growing the henna out anyway, I'd have wound up chopping it anyway).