PDA

View Full Version : Velcro ends

Amber_Maiden
May 27th, 2012, 04:22 PM
I'm wondering what velcro ends look like... Can anyone provide a picture? And how do you recognize them? I have this fear that I have velcro ends- though people around me tell me the ends of my hair look healthy.

spidermom
May 27th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Responded in your blog.

Amber_Maiden
May 27th, 2012, 04:32 PM
Responded in your blog.

Thank you!

jeanniet
May 27th, 2012, 05:48 PM
It's feel more than anything, and really it just means that your hair is tangling at the ends. Your hair sure doesn't look like it would be a problem for you! Sometimes it means you need a trim or a good S & D session, but sometimes it just means you need to clarify. Believe me, you'll know if you get them.

brave
May 27th, 2012, 05:51 PM
It's feel more than anything, and really it just means that your hair is tangling at the ends. Your hair sure doesn't look like it would be a problem for you! Sometimes it means you need a trim or a good S & D session, but sometimes it just means you need to clarify. Believe me, you'll know if you get them.

For me, it meant I needed to seriously up my moisture. My ends were dry, rough, and super-tangly but I found a good heavy leave-in that fixed them right up (I did clarify also beforehand, but that alone without other changes didn't help).

jeanniet
May 27th, 2012, 05:53 PM
Yeah, moisture, too. My hair always needs moisture!

Amber_Maiden
May 27th, 2012, 06:29 PM

Thank you!!! That makes sense!

For me, it meant I needed to seriously up my moisture. My ends were dry, rough, and super-tangly but I found a good heavy leave-in that fixed them right up (I did clarify also beforehand, but that alone without other changes didn't help).

I'll do that if I ever get them!

Long_hair_bear
May 27th, 2012, 06:33 PM
Try a drop of baby oil on them! It worked for me! I can only use it once a month or so tho, else my hair is unhappy!

barely.there
May 27th, 2012, 07:35 PM
I agree with the others. before I came to LHC my hair was very velcroy as I was not using conditioner. I would brush my hair, walk through my house for 10 minutes, and then find my hair in a tangle-frack from dust (sticking to the uplifted hair follicles)....and my house isn't even that dusty! You'll know you have velcroy hair when you run your fingers through it some time after brushing, and your fingers catch almost every time....I would also describe it as very rough feeling. Finding a proper moisturizing shampoo+conditioner is what really helped my hair. also using a satin pillowcase :)