PDA

View Full Version : Hair-toy & frizz question (pic heavy!)

oktobergoud
March 13th, 2012, 01:04 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/IMG_0646a.jpg

Hello all! :)

I bought a hair thingie today (I was looking for some sort of flexi 8 but they are impossible to find, I guess I have to order one online!), which you can see on the picture on the left.. but now I can't get that stick out of the ehr.. thingie! I hope you know what I mean.. the stick is stuck :P It's just a cheap plastic one so I guess I could bring it back, but I was hoping if anyone else here had a tip? It's the only thing with a stick I could find, so I'd rather use it than bring it back!

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/IMG_0617a.jpg

I also have a frizz question (and secretly also want to show off my new hair clip! :D It's so pretty, I love everything with leaves or feathers). Somehow, as soon as my hair gets a bit longer, I get major frizz! I've tried things like coconut/jojoba/olive-oil, but it's all way too heavy for my babyfine, wavy hair. I have cone-free and have used cones, it all doesn't matter. I use wooden combs and treat my hair like a baby... I have no idea what to do about it anymore. I guess I need something that is really light and it can contain cones (but I do feel those weigh my hair down some).
In my hair's defense though, I have just washed my hair and went outside with half-dried hair which seems to make the frizz a bit worse. But it still frizzes like crazy.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/IMG_0631a.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/IMG_0632a.jpg

I also have another problem with my ends. I have just trimmed my hair this morning, but I still have these ratty ends. I always have them, always! Even after a big trim.. I have no idea if it's my fine hair or uneven layers or something, but when I look for split ends, I can't find any! Maybe I'm blind, but I hate how dead my hair looks while I take so much care of it. I have trimmed every 2 months for the last year and now finally want to let it grow properly and trim a bit less.. But not sure if that's going to be possible.

What do you think, honestly?

lapushka
March 13th, 2012, 01:09 PM
I honestly can't see anything wrong with your hair. It's lovely! Regarding the plastic hair thingy, and maybe I'm stating the obvious but you are pulling the stick out the right end, right (pull the thicker end out)? I don't even see why you would need a trim!

whitedove
March 13th, 2012, 01:15 PM
I use a BBB to smoothe my hair after combing through, reduces my frizzes a bit. I use coconut oil to tame them as well, but you said it was too heavy. Have you tried babyoil instead many have stated its lighter than coconut oil.

Your hair isnt dead looking, looks great on the close up of the leaf clip. I think we are all much harsher with expectations of our own hair than we really should be :)

Siiri
March 13th, 2012, 01:21 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by the ratty ends, in my opinion it looks just fine, but could it be the hairtype? 1c or 2a types look often weird and tangled (and frizzy) when the hair is still short. Mine does, and it's not damaged. If you don't have split ends, you don't need to trim it in my opinion.

I didn't like coconut or olive oil as a leave-in either, I'm using mineral oil now, which is lighter. It helps with the frizz. But as I said, wavy-ish hair tends to look frizzy anyway.

The hair thingies look cute, I can't help you with the hair slide though. Maybe try oiling it to loosen the stick?

oktobergoud
March 13th, 2012, 01:26 PM
I honestly can't see anything wrong with your hair. It's lovely! Regarding the plastic hair thingy, and maybe I'm stating the obvious but you are pulling the stick out the right end, right (pull the thicker end out)? I don't even see why you would need a trim!

Thanks! Hehe yes I did, but it just seems like the bigger end is stuck :P

whitedove I have a ehr, sort of fake BBB (as in, a brush with real hair, not sure what kind of hair though) and use it sometimes but it seems to make my hair more fluffy! Thanks for the compliment, I will look into the baby oil :)

Siiri Thanks! When my hair was shorter it had a lot more wave than it has now, but sometimes it dries up really wavy (people always ask me if I used a curler on days like those hehe). But since it's so fine it gets heavy fast = less waves but still the frizz, I guess! I have had this problem for years, but have had a pixie most of the time so it wasn't annoying back then since I used tons of products.

I might use some oil for the hairthingie! Thanks :)

door72067
March 13th, 2012, 01:33 PM
I don't really have any suggestions but I needed to say what a stunning color your hair is!

eshta
March 13th, 2012, 01:38 PM
That feather clip is gorgeous (do you mind if I ask where you got it?).
I'm no help with the stick thingie, but have you tried aloe vera gel to tame the frizzies?
Etos sells the fruit of the earth brand and DA has the jacob hooij brand, if you're having trouble finding it.
Like PP I can't see ratty ends, they look healthy too me.

Tisiloves
March 13th, 2012, 02:15 PM
For your stuck stick try a little lube (I suggest vaseline or cooking oil) and a bit of gentle tapping and twisting, it probably got shoved a bit too far in the hole in transit.

oktobergoud
March 13th, 2012, 02:32 PM
I don't really have any suggestions but I needed to say what a stunning color your hair is!

Thank you :)

That feather clip is gorgeous (do you mind if I ask where you got it?).
I'm no help with the stick thingie, but have you tried aloe vera gel to tame the frizzies?
Etos sells the fruit of the earth brand and DA has the jacob hooij brand, if you're having trouble finding it.
Like PP I can't see ratty ends, they look healthy too me.

I haven't yet, will check out the Aloe Vera at the Etos, thank you! :)

& I bought the clip at Bijoux Brigitte :)

& Thanks!

For your stuck stick try a little lube (I suggest vaseline or cooking oil) and a bit of gentle tapping and twisting, it probably got shoved a bit too far in the hole in transit.

Ah I succeed! I used some olive oil and got it out :) Thanks!

I still have to practice a bit with putting it in my hair though hehe...

jacqueline101
March 13th, 2012, 02:34 PM
I'd try a little coconut oil.

oktobergoud
March 13th, 2012, 05:50 PM
I'd try a little coconut oil.

It's too heavy, sadly!

summergreen
March 14th, 2012, 11:00 AM
Glad you got the stick out - just wanted to say your hair looks great, the colour and it looks thick!! Nice feather/leaf too.

Kirry-Folk
March 14th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Oh, I LOVE your hair! Especially the color. :redgrin:

I feel like my ends are usually pretty ratty, but that's because they are so thin. I like bunning then wrapping my hair in a silk scarf when damp and don't take it down until it is completely dry... That pretty much eliminates the frizz.

novemberfoxtrot
March 14th, 2012, 11:25 AM
your hair is so pretty! I don't see any frizz, either. And I LOVE the feather clip!

dementedkitten
March 14th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Sigh... your hair is beautiful :)

oktobergoud
March 14th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Thank you guys so much! You're too kind :flower:

fridgee
March 14th, 2012, 01:17 PM
*sigh* That leaf clip is so beautiful, I would LOVE to find something like that in the UK! Your hair is also a beautiful colour and I see no frizz at all!

Shesta
March 14th, 2012, 01:39 PM
That feather clip is gorgeous (do you mind if I ask where you got it?)

:D I am interested in the same.

ETA: oops, I saw your answer :blush:

Nenwing
April 27th, 2012, 01:09 PM
To help tame the frizzies, you might try aloe vera gel. I have similar hair to yours (mine is very fine and it does some odd flippity thing), and it helps me in very small amounts. I can't use a lot of product on my hair though without it quickly looking greasy. I think its just a fine hair thing.

I do really like your color and your hair looks in very good shape too!

Madora
April 27th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Mineral Oil helps combat the frizzies and also is a great detangler.

Here's Ktani's MO article:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=225

Your "ratty" ends are most likely due to your layers. Once the layers have vanished (or trimmed when they're longer), the hair will look more uniform.

Your white feather clip is charming.

AlabasterAlice
April 27th, 2012, 01:33 PM
I don't see ratty ends, I see a lovely lady, a pretty hair clip, and some beautiful hair!

My ends bother me sometimes too. I'm WL and just had a trim (I was half way to hip, but the splits were getting too bad) and the other day my ends felt ratty and dry even though two days prior to that I had a trim and they were great! It does get frustrating. But I put a tiny bit of camellia oil on my hands, warmed it up with friction, and rubbed it onto my ends. I've been doing this every day after I take my hair out of my sleep braid and put it into my bun, and other then that I have been ignoring my hair! Sometimes you really just have to leave it alone and stop trying to diagnose it. If you don't see splits, I don't see that much of a reason to cut it but you may have other reasons.

Oh yeah, and I have frizz too. I ignore it instead of stressing over it, because when my hair frizzes, it just frizzes. A BBB can sometimes help, and so can my TT, but most of the time I just leave it be and be happy that I have new growth that is causing my frizz.

oktobergoud
April 27th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Ah I didn't expect to see some new reactions here! :)

But thank you for your suggestions! :flower:

Meanwhile I had a trim a few weeks ago, my ends now feel and look better to me. But, I honestly think now that it's just a problem that comes with my hair type. It's fine and wavy and the ends just look weird a lot of times, even though they are healthy! I guess there isn't much to do about that (except blowdrying/straighten it, like the stylist did! It looked so NEAT and nice and healthy! I know it isn't so I won't do it anyway!)

& Thank you for the compliments on my clip! (And hair, of course ;)) I need to wear it more often, but I can only wear it in a half up-do and it makes me feel a bit weird with this length! But I'll cherish the clip!

I'll try out the mineral oil!