PDA

View Full Version : Shampoo and Conditioner 2-in-1

SopphireGem
January 8th, 2012, 02:27 PM
What do you think of 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioners? Are they good for your hair?

jacqueline101
January 8th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Depends on what brand you use. The sauve natural I think would be good.

bunnylake
January 8th, 2012, 04:09 PM
There's a product called Hair One which is a cleansing conditioner. It's not entirely natural as it does contain silicones, but it's much healthier than most other shampoo/conditioners, and it's two in one. It's a more affordable version of Wen, basically. I have not tried it, but I have read only good things.

PennyLaneDream
January 8th, 2012, 04:15 PM
I don't use them because different parts of my hair require such different products but if you have fairly manageable hair it might be a good option for you. I would say you should try one out and see if you like it

Lostsoule77
January 8th, 2012, 04:43 PM
I've been using one for years. I'm all about low maintenance and doing that saves a step in the shower. I don't think it is good for the hair though. After a few washes my hair always gets really tangly and I follow the 2-in-1 with a real conditioner that I leave on for about 5 minutes before rinsing it out. Well that's what I did before I joined here. At that point I was washing daily, then every other day, then twice a week. I would usually do the DT once a week.

Now I only wash once a week and I always follow with GFTN conditioner. About once a month I also coat my hair in coconut oil before hand (anywhere from one hour to overnight.)

My hair has never been overly dry or anything. Since using the oil my hair is actually pretty soft. Do I think it would be better if I wasn't using the 2-in-1? Absolutely! However sometimes I am too practical for my own good and plan to use up all my 2-in-1 before I try anything else. When joining here I had 2.5 large bottles. I still have about 1 3/4 left a year later.

Shebelina
January 8th, 2012, 05:06 PM
My hair does not like two in one shampoo/conditioner at all! But I think Lostsoule77 is right about different areas needing different things. My hair just feels really dry and frizzy after I use them.

Madora
January 8th, 2012, 05:18 PM
Two in one types are working at cross purposes. You want to keep them separate.

shikara
January 8th, 2012, 05:26 PM
2 in 1s are the perfect product for some. They are definitely convenient, but for years, for some unknown reasons, my hair really took to these products. I have specifically seen it recommended for fine hair, although Im sure it would work for others too!

http://i1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/th_44053aa6.jpg (http://s1200.photobucket.com/albums/bb328/lmarie29/?action=view&current=44053aa6.jpg)

thecandiedmango
January 8th, 2012, 05:58 PM
I'm currently using a 2 in 1 product. I find that it helps with my dry scalp and keeps the new growth from getting overly dried out like with a normal shampoo, but it's not enough to moisturize the length of my hair. I still use a normal conditioner afterward to keep the length/ends from getting dried out.

I think of it as a supplement to conditioner rather than a substitute for a shampoo AND conditioner. HTH!

RedBlue
January 13th, 2012, 04:56 PM
I dislike 2-in-1's because it always left my hair hard to comb out. It would seem like there was more 'shampoo' than 'conditioner'. I have used HE Hello Hydration 2-in-1 and my hair didn't like it one bit. My step brother can use it and I guess he has no problem with it, but then again, he's a guy guy and doesn't really care about his hair as long as it smells good and 'looks' good.:)

teal
January 13th, 2012, 05:03 PM
I dislike 2-in-1's because it always left my hair hard to comb out. It would seem like there was more 'shampoo' than 'conditioner'.

This. I've used them in a pinch, but it's been years. Never much liked them...

Shuan
January 13th, 2012, 05:27 PM
I used to wash my hair with a 2-in-1 product, but switched to separate shampoo and conditioner for about half a year now. My hair is less likely to tangle and feels softer after switching. But perhaps I just didn't find the right 2-in-1 for my hair.

Annibelle
January 13th, 2012, 05:49 PM
I'm terrible with usernames... if I could remember, I'd look it up... but there's a user with long, straight blonde hair (I think she's wearing black in her sigpic?) who uses a two-in-one Pantene for her shampoo, and then conditioner after. (I think I got her routine right! I'd hope I could get THAT right at least, since I can't remember her name!)

Her hair is beautiful! :) I guess it really does vary. After I read her routine, I looked for a two-in-one I liked, but none of my favorite brands carried them.

Carolyn
January 13th, 2012, 06:09 PM
I have a couple of 2 in 1's in my product rotation. I use them occasionally. I ALWAYS follow it with one of my rich, heavy conditioners. The 2 in 1 is really just another shampoo to me. I would never use just that product. It would always be followed with a regular conditioner. I can see that they would be harsh if they were the only product used, just as shampoo only would be. My hair needs conditioner and lots of it. Occasional use followed by conditioner works great for me but using one by itself would be hair suicide for my hair. I wash my hair every other day and switch products with each wash and often switch my washing methods.

JadeTigress
January 13th, 2012, 06:30 PM
I havn't used them in awhile since I'm trying to switch to more natural methods, but 2-in-1 stuff typically worked really well for me, depending on the brand. I always used shampoo by itself, or a 2-in-1. Shampoo followed by a separate conditioner always made my hair look super dull and stringy and gross (with the exception of GFTN, which I am forever grateful to LHC for introducing me to that stuff). But a 2-in-1 gave me just enough to be able to brush my hair easier and it wasn't quite as flat as using regular conditioner. My favorites were the kids 2-in-1 stuff (Suave, L'Oreal, various knock offs), and I tried Pantene's Ice Shine in the 2-in-1 version. LOVED IT. Then, once I ran out, I found out they didn't make it anymore. Of course. :rolleyes: