PDA

View Full Version : Thin Bangs

UP Lisa
December 14th, 2011, 01:46 PM
Do any of you have bangs, and have hair that is thin in the front? I look better with bangs, but got rid of them because they were so thin and flyaway, and always looked messed up. They also got greasy so quickly.

Would hate to cut them after waiting so long for them to grow out, but I do like myself better with them. I have a Round face shape.

Trish in SC
December 14th, 2011, 01:57 PM
Hi Lisa ~ I'm growing my bangs out, but am still unsure what my final style decision will be on them. I've had them most of my life, but they have thinned, especially on one side and I thought I see what they look like long. They are just below my eyes now.

The problem with having them long would be that I think I have a big forehead, and I don't want to look bald when I pull my hair back. Pulling it back & putting it up just reveals my thin areas....Yucko!

So...that's my situation. :rolleyes:

About your bangs: Is the rest of your hair one length? Maybe you could get some long bangs that would frame your eyes & checkbones. If that wasn't the look you wanted, you could always go shorter later. Hope you find a good solution!

tanpopokitty
December 14th, 2011, 02:13 PM
I look a lot better with bangs too. I think they're a little annoying, and yes they do get oily a lot quicker than the rest of my hair, but to me it's worth it. I've started just throwing some baby powder on my bangs when they start to get oily and then clipping them back on the day before wash day if they are too oily. If you want them to be less thin, cut them farther back. That helped mine a lot. I especially didn't like that any amount of wind would blow them around, but getting them cut farther back helped the problem. :)

schweedie
December 14th, 2011, 02:19 PM
I have a thin side fringe:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6095&pictureid=119085

Yeah, it gets greasy quickly and can be a pain, but with my face shape I need it.

CarpeDM
December 14th, 2011, 02:36 PM
Me! I have very thin hair in the front. Hardly any really, most of my hair grows from the back for some reason. Bangs have never been my friend, they got oily within an hour after washing, they were thin and sparse and they made my face look rounder and wierd. Every time I thought about getting bangs and then went through with it, I regretted it the next day and immediately started growing them out, and oh my gosh what a long painful process that is!

UP Lisa
December 15th, 2011, 05:58 AM
Well, when I decided to grow mine out, I said never again would I have bangs. They just weren't worth it. Also, if I cut them further back, I'll have less hair that is long.....

kwaniesiam
December 15th, 2011, 06:51 AM
You could get some clip on bangs and wear those when you want them.

UP Lisa
December 15th, 2011, 07:39 AM
Well, I never thought of that!

CarpeDM
December 15th, 2011, 07:47 AM

Yes! This is an awesome idea, I've thought about doing this myself just for fun!!

kwaniesiam
December 15th, 2011, 08:07 AM
Do you henna? From the color in your sig I'm guessing yes (or you are blessed with a gorgeous natural red). You can find a shade close to your natural color and henna the bangs if they're human hair to get an exact match or you can try to find ones pretty close. There are a few places that will pop up if you google clip on bangs.

UP Lisa
December 15th, 2011, 08:27 AM
No. I don't henna. That is chemical color, which I don't intend to do again, even though I love it.

Do you henna? From the color in your sig I'm guessing yes (or you are blessed with a gorgeous natural red). You can find a shade close to your natural color and henna the bangs if they're human hair to get an exact match or you can try to find ones pretty close. There are a few places that will pop up if you google clip on bangs.

Pidge
December 15th, 2011, 07:10 PM
I have super thick blunt cut bangs. By thick, I don't mean texture, I mean they're cut deep (almost three inches in to my hairline:eek:) I'm growing them out a for a couple months just so I can reset the thickness and incorporate some of it into my length.
That said, they can be a real pain, especially when trying to stretch washes.

I CWC every fourth day, but wash just my bangs with a little sulfate free shampoo (no conditioner) and rinse with cold water. That keeps them from looking oily for a day (or two, if I'm lucky)

I think you have to do what makes you feel best about yourself with your hair, and then make your system confirm to that.

When I started keeping my bangs short, I couldn't do WO any more, which was working out pretty nicely for me at the time. There was a trade off, but in the end, I felt a lot better about myself with them. I may not have the volume that I had when I was WO, but my hair is still healthy, it isn't suffering because of it, and I'm more confident in my appearance now than I was without them.

You just have to decided what you're need is, and come up with a plan from there!

Good luck!!:D

luthein
December 15th, 2011, 08:31 PM
I am thin on the top of my head, and I have a cowlick in the front. I have long bangs that are to my lips. This allows me to pull them back when I don't want to deal with them.

dulce
December 15th, 2011, 09:02 PM
I have wispy bangs as I have bald spots in the frontal hairline.But I need bangs as I have lost a lot of my eybrows!!!

KiwiBum
December 15th, 2011, 09:43 PM
My hair is much thinner in the front than anywhere else on my head. I just grew my bangs out fully last year for the first time in 10 years. I like how I look with bangs better than without because I have a high forehead, but like others have stated I got tired of how fast they'd get oily, and in the winter I tend to wear beanie hats a lot so my bangs would be ruined once the hat came off.

Even though my bangs are grown out, that section of my hair is still noticeably thinner than the rest of it. I get a lot of gaps between the strands which is kinda annoying. :(

Hairizona
December 16th, 2011, 03:29 AM
I have a high forehead and a thin face. As well, my head and face are small. I have thinner bangs I am yet again attempting to grow out. I have less hair at the front ( my hair is thick in the back)and a kind of bald spot on the left side on top at the hairline, so the bangs I had cut in years ago were cut further back. Now I am trying to push the bangs over to the right side because a cowlick I have does not allow me to push them to the left. I like the part to be towards the left, with some of the bangs going back to the left, but the majority go back to the right. I do not like my hair pulled back in a clip at all. I can see where if later when it is longer, I will look decent; it's just getting there because the hair that grows out basically does its own thing- doesn't "hang" with the rest of the hair. Then there is the issue of my forehead....

Mesmerise
December 16th, 2011, 04:00 AM
Do any of you have bangs, and have hair that is thin in the front? I look better with bangs, but got rid of them because they were so thin and flyaway, and always looked messed up. They also got greasy so quickly.

Would hate to cut them after waiting so long for them to grow out, but I do like myself better with them. I have a Round face shape.

I actually cut bangs to hide the fact that my hair is thin in the front! I think the thin hairline is more obvious when my hair is pulled back, rather than when there are bangs there. I don't really even like bangs, they annoy me :p. I'm just really self conscious that my hair in the front appears thin, especially on the right hand side.

misspurdy06
December 16th, 2011, 04:10 AM
if you pull more hair to the front it won't look bad. If you don't want to go through the hassle of cutting them and then regretting it just get some clip in bangs.

http://www.amazon.com/ProExtensions-Auburn-Fringe-Clip-Bangs/dp/B004CZ47NA/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1324033710&sr=8-12

UP Lisa
December 16th, 2011, 06:33 AM
Not sure why you are losing your eyebrows, but if it is the outer section that you are losing, it is probably a thyroid problem.

I have wispy bangs as I have bald spots in the frontal hairline.But I need bangs as I have lost a lot of my eybrows!!!

UP Lisa
December 16th, 2011, 06:42 AM
I never thought of it that way. I think, though, that having bangs isn't worth the effort for me, since they are always messed up and looking oily. I have to remember why I got rid of them in the first place.

quote=Mesmerise;1908257]I actually cut bangs to hide the fact that my hair is thin in the front! I think the thin hairline is more obvious when my hair is pulled back, rather than when there are bangs there. I don't really even like bangs, they annoy me :p. I'm just really self conscious that my hair in the front appears thin, especially on the right hand side.[/quote]

dulce
December 16th, 2011, 11:03 AM
They did check for thyroid but it came back normal,am still suspicious that there is a problem.

Gothchiq
December 16th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Yes, me. I'm hypothyroid and it has caused that thinning. However because of my face shape, I really do have to wear bangs unless I want to look like an alien lol.

I have started using this scalp treatment called Scalp Fertilizer that I found in the African hair care section. It has horsetail extract and other stuff that stimulates circulation in the scalp. It's not a total miracle but I think my bangs are thicker than before, because now in photos I don't see my scalp through them! Go look in the ethnic hair care aisle and see if you can find something like that to try.

jacqueline101
December 16th, 2011, 11:33 AM
I have pixie bangs and I love them. I've done the no bangs and hated them.

UP Lisa
December 16th, 2011, 11:55 AM
You may very well have a thyroid problem. Check out this site:

http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/

They did check for thyroid but it came back normal,am still suspicious that there is a problem.

dulce
December 16th, 2011, 01:47 PM
UP Lisa,fantastic website!!!!!Thankyou!!!!!!!

UP Lisa
December 16th, 2011, 01:54 PM
You are very welcome! I was taking synthetic thyroid for a couple of years, and realized that I was still losing hair. So now I am on Armour. Hoping to have better luck with that.

Lisa

UP Lisa,fantastic website!!!!!Thankyou!!!!!!!