PDA

View Full Version : Love This Site! <3

Jader_Jem
July 24th, 2011, 11:15 PM
So after finding this site im thinking about tossing out all my hair care products! So far I have started CWC and coconut oilings and my hair loves it! So I think im going to stick with it! My gran even said my hair looks shinier lol! But I have come to realize my hair loves cones lol, when I dont have them my hair feels crunchy and almost a sticky texture.
I do have a question though! I have always had natural red highlights in my hair but lately its getting even more! I was just wondering if this could be a sign of my hair beginning to get ready to turn grey? Any ideas on that? :D Thanks for reading!

krissykins
July 24th, 2011, 11:23 PM
I'm glad to hear that you like it here!

More red highlights isn't necessarily hair becoming more gray, but it is definitely getting lighter. :p

Jader_Jem
July 24th, 2011, 11:27 PM
lol ok wasnt sure what the heck was goin on! lol My hair just has never gotten like strawberry blonde in it before, usually it's random dark red strands lol

Apple_Betty
July 25th, 2011, 12:25 PM
I'm new here too, and I'm also from Michigan! I just wanted to say, hi. :) I lived in TC when I was in fifth grade, and after moving around a ton, I've found my way to a little town near Lansing.

I've been trying to learn about "cones" and such, and from what I have read, when you first stop using them, your hair will feel crunchy. I am about to impart on my own CO adventure, so I don't have any first hand experience. I'm also going to be letting go of my hair dye after this summer, so I'm expecting to see all of my greys pop through. Boooooo.

Jader_Jem
July 25th, 2011, 01:16 PM
Hey there Apple Betty! Yeah I had switched to the pure clean shampoo and conditioner quite a few months ago and it was still making my hair feel crunchy and almost sticky, so I tried sauve's almond and shea butter conditioner and that seems to be fixing the problem so far. Yeah I last dyed my hair months ago and for some reason my dye always fades alot but luckily it has faded to my natural hair color lol so that way I wont have to deal with rainbow hair lol.

Apple_Betty
July 25th, 2011, 01:25 PM
I've been dyeing my red, and the fade is horrible. Right now I have multicolored hair, if it were "pretty" colors that wouldn't be a big deal, but... ;) My mom got me an appointment with her stylist for my birthday, but she can't get me in until the end of August. I'm going to ask her about coloring it in a way that it will fade well.

Jader_Jem
July 25th, 2011, 01:31 PM
LOL yeah I had like three different colors in my hair so finally dyed it dark brown which turned out almost black at first LOL, then it faded to my natural brown with red highlights lol guess I was a bit lucky lol

FluffSpider
July 25th, 2011, 02:57 PM
The strawberry blonde might be
1)lighter strands with very faded black dye
or 2) developer in dye lightened those originally dark red strands
Glad you love it! I tried going coneless, but my hair likes its dimethicone straight, on the rocks please!

Mingle
July 25th, 2011, 03:05 PM
I love this site, too!

I really need to try coconut oilings... ^_^;

Jader_Jem
July 25th, 2011, 04:44 PM
Lol FluffSpider! Yeah my hair actually looked super dead and felt horrible and couldnt figure out why until I tried the conditioner with cones again.
Mingle: I tried coconut oiling for the first time the other day and it's great! My hair looks soooo much healthier and shinier!

Jader_Jem
July 25th, 2011, 04:46 PM
FluffSpider: I was wondering if the dye I had used might have been the culprit with the lighter red showing up lol

MissAlyssa
July 25th, 2011, 06:22 PM
I'm also new here and I just wanted to say I love how encouraging everyone is and how everyone has come to terms and learned how to deal with their natural texture :)
I love coconut oil too, it makes my hair soo soft! and I've also found that CWC has helped my hair a lot with dryness and frizziness in the length, if anyone has had a problem with that :)

Slinks
July 25th, 2011, 06:50 PM
k .. will chime in I love this site too :-)

Glad you all are happy here ..

Jader_Jem
July 25th, 2011, 07:16 PM
I agree MissAlyssa! Coconut oil is the best thing Ive tried in a long time! It tames my frizzies and curlies really well, my hair is definitely diggin it! lol :)

Jader_Jem
July 25th, 2011, 07:17 PM
The CWC also helps really well on the frizzies for me too, im way lovin it!

mrs_coffee
July 26th, 2011, 02:54 AM
CWC was the most helpful thing I did for my hair. I couldn't believe the difference in softness, no frizziness, etc.

I love Traverse City (we are about 30 minutes south of Ann Arbor). One of my friends is vacationing near TC at Fife Lake this whole month. Lucky girl.

Jader_Jem
July 26th, 2011, 12:37 PM
CWC was the most helpful thing I did for my hair. I couldn't believe the difference in softness, no frizziness, etc.

I love Traverse City (we are about 30 minutes south of Ann Arbor). One of my friends is vacationing near TC at Fife Lake this whole month. Lucky girl.

Yeah CWC helped alot on my frizzies lol. We have some family friends down in Ann Arbor too, but I do love living in TC, it's very pretty here in the summer:)

Apple_Betty
July 26th, 2011, 02:00 PM
So, what do you do with the coconut oil? And is it the same coconut oil that I buy for cooking? I'm pretty sure I have some in the cupboard...

Jader_Jem
July 26th, 2011, 05:20 PM
I went to our local health food store and got a jar of extra virgin coconut oil (Smells great!). I put it on just the length of my hair from the ears down and braid it and pin it up for the night, then in the morning I do CWC. Works great! Hope this helps! :)

Apple_Betty
July 26th, 2011, 06:25 PM
How often do you oil?

Jader_Jem
July 27th, 2011, 10:50 PM
Ive been doin it twice a week because my hair was pretty damaged

Apple_Betty
July 28th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Awesome, thanks! Mine is pretty darn damaged too. I'm hoping that I can get it looking nice again, with lots of babying.

Jader_Jem
July 29th, 2011, 12:47 PM
I saw a huge difference just after the first time of using the oil! It workd great and the ends of my hair feel super soft now! Ive also been using FX silk drops when I get out of the shower, it works really well too!

AnqeIicDemise
July 29th, 2011, 01:10 PM
psst: the coconut oil in the cooking section and in the health and beauty section is the same. Its the price that's different.

I noticed this the other day I went to Whole Foods to refill my wok oil. And there it was, the unrefined, virgin coconut oil. Same basic ingredient, different packaging and about two fifty cheaper.

Oh well. This oil's the type that lasts for ever so it doesn't matter. What oil I think I need to invest stock in is EVOO.

Jader_Jem
July 29th, 2011, 06:59 PM
Lol yeah my DH found the coconut oil thats packadged for hair and thought I should get that but I told him that I didnt think there was a difference and we ended up getting the cooking kind lol, Im glad we didnt get the other lol. I was thinking about EVOO but thought it might be just too much for my hair to handle lol

winona
July 29th, 2011, 09:02 PM
I love this site too. Very positive energy:) and everyone is so helpful:)