View Full Version : Recommend me a good clarifying shampoo (In the next hour if possible)

sunnydays
June 21st, 2011, 09:06 AM
Can anyone recommend me a good clarifying shampoo? I think I need one. Not a home remedy which I can make I am rubbish at that stuff, one I can buy in the shops please ;)

Henrietta
June 21st, 2011, 09:13 AM
Shops... Can it be Avon? Their clarifying shampoo works ok for me. Seems to be strong but after all my hair is not overclarified, though still squeaky clean ;)

Sundial
June 21st, 2011, 09:14 AM
Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo

Scarlet_Heart
June 21st, 2011, 09:32 AM
Suave Daily Clarifying or good old fashioned baking soda in water.

pepperminttea
June 21st, 2011, 09:33 AM
What country are you in? I'm assuming US, but on the off chance you're a UKer, the Sainsbury's Apple shampoo works well, as long as you're okay with sulphates. (It also dilutes easily for non-clarifying, too.)

LittleOrca
June 21st, 2011, 09:34 AM
Neutrogena Anti-Residue Shampoo

I second this one.

sunnydays
June 21st, 2011, 09:37 AM
I am UKer I want to get one this evening hence reasin for replies in next hour :)

Helix
June 21st, 2011, 09:41 AM
A lot of people use suave clarifying shampoo. I personally use VO5 tea therapy clarifying poo (it's cheap, does the job, and the smell isn't overpowering). In general, any clarifying shampoo will do. You're not going to get any special moisturizing properties from them (as far as I know). Their whole purpose is to clean off product build up and leave your hair squeaky clean.

twilight_faerie
June 21st, 2011, 09:44 AM
Suave Daily Clarifying

Seconded! It's always done its job for me.

flourish
June 21st, 2011, 09:49 AM
Is the Suave labeled daily clarifying? I bought some Suave cherry blossom fragrance shampoo last night and couldn't figure out if it was clarifying or not.

janeytilllie
June 21st, 2011, 09:49 AM
I like to use Pantene clarifying shampoo and Herbal essences Fresh balance. I get both mine from Superdrug or Boots :)
I have also found Alberto Balsam tea tree shampoo to be very cleansing and works just as well as Pantene clarifying shampoo.

twilight_faerie
June 21st, 2011, 09:51 AM
Is the Suave labeled daily clarifying? I bought some Suave cherry blossom fragrance shampoo last night and couldn't figure out if it was clarifying or not.

Yes, it's labeled as daily clarifying. It's a clear, light blue bottle.

Jcv-Shelley
June 21st, 2011, 10:09 AM
I've heard from a couple of people that Herbal Essences have a really gentle clarifying shampoo.

That and others buy baking soda and mix it with conditioner for CO. About 1/16 of a teaspoon (pinch) of baking soda with a handful of your favorite conditioner you can prefer light - heavy. I know this is a recipe, but it's a really *easy* recipe; even though others hair just hate baking soda. *Ducks and runs*

Dacia
June 21st, 2011, 10:14 AM
The chelating one from Garnier Fructis with light blue cap, it comes in different names, "Pure Brillance" (http://i0.data.elle.ro/E2ACA2D93576669F61BC163113D6343E1/garmier.jpg?width=275), "Pure Shine"...

IanB
June 21st, 2011, 10:15 AM
Redken Natures Rescue is a good one to try

CoconutLover
June 21st, 2011, 10:15 AM
I like to use Pantene clarifying shampoo and Herbal essences Fresh balance.

I second the Herbal Essences one. I'm a CO-er so I steer clear of shampoo normally, but when I need to clarify this is my go-to product. Cheap, and easy to find in any large supermarket/Boots/Superdrug in the UK. Plus I don't think its too drying either.

jojo
June 21st, 2011, 10:33 AM
tresemme deep clean its excellent on offer in asda

Safira
June 21st, 2011, 12:50 PM
Joico Chelating. The Best.

Kaelee
June 21st, 2011, 12:55 PM
I use one by V05...it's green and about 85 cents. It works really well for me...

C.H.
June 21st, 2011, 01:18 PM
Suave clarifying has a cone in it FYI.

monsterna
June 21st, 2011, 01:22 PM
Suave clarifying has a cone in it FYI.

Yes. I believe it's water soluble though. :)

C.H.
June 21st, 2011, 01:25 PM
Yes. I believe it's water soluble though. :)

True. Some people are pretty strict about cones, though.

Prettyeyes23
June 21st, 2011, 02:35 PM
Can anyone recommend me a good clarifying shampoo? I think I need one. Not a home remedy which I can make I am rubbish at that stuff, one I can buy in the shops please ;)

I really like the Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo (blue shampoo). It makes your hair feel so silky smooth, especially if your do a diluated apple cider vinegar rinse!

I haven't tried the Avon clarifying shampoo but I love the ginseng/bamboo conditioner. Also the almond oil conditioner is amazing! :)

Sweet Beat
June 21st, 2011, 03:31 PM
Don't know... I read ALL the ingredience lists on ALL kinds of shampoo in the whole store this afternoon. And guess what? EVERY single one in the WHOLE store was with sulfate :(
Sorry about all the caps, but I just find it so annoying that the stores don't have the good stuff for our poor hairs.

deko
June 21st, 2011, 05:13 PM
I really like Avalon Organics' citrus clarifyong shampoo. It smells nice and cleans well but doesn't leave your scalp too dry.

umbrellabones
June 21st, 2011, 05:19 PM
A lot of people like VO5