PDA

View Full Version : Soooo what does your hair hate?

Pages : [1] 2

lora410
June 17th, 2008, 02:26 PM
We have lots of polls about what our hair likes, but what thing/things does your hair dislike? And what are the results of using them?

My hair hates any kind of tea rinse (I get a dry coated feeling)
Anything with EO added ( I get a dry coated feeling)
Cones (crunchy knotted ends)

Ohio Sky
June 17th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Mostly just poo bars :rollin:

ETA: Come on, you knew I was going to be the first to reply to this!!

rosieposie
June 17th, 2008, 03:17 PM
My hair hates cones too. It also cant cope with lanolin nor hydrolyzed ingredients. These tend to make my hair oily and lank in a matter of hours. Coconut oil makes my ends so crunchy that they feel dry.
The biggest "my hair hates"disappointment though is camellia oil. It just doesnt work for me at all. I was so very excited to try it, but from day one it did nothing for me. My ends got all pouffy and it was quite hard to comb. I tried adding a bit more oil and it went stringy. I dont give up easily, so I mixed it with EVOO......and that didnt work either! So I finally did give in and went back to my usual single drop of EVOO.

heidihug
June 17th, 2008, 03:19 PM
My hair hates conditioners without 'cones. I've tried lots of 'cone free and always go back.

Combs. My hair cannot abide just about any kind of comb, except for those really big ones with just a few teeth. It tangles and catches and tears no matter how carefully I use them. It much prefers my Denman vented brush, or my fingers.

Philomela
June 17th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Baking soda -- extreme brittleness and dryness
ACV (or plain) -- lots of flyaways
CO -- lanky hair
Conditioner at or near the roots -- hair loss
Skipping a day's wash -- massive hair loss
Henna -- dry hair in the long run

spidermom
June 17th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Friction. No pulling strands apart, no twisting, no and no and no and no. My hair is driving me insane!

spidermom
June 17th, 2008, 03:34 PM
Baking soda -- extreme brittleness and dryness
ACV (or plain) -- lots of flyaways
CO -- lanky hair

I have these issues as well. More nos.

daydreamer
June 17th, 2008, 04:29 PM
My hair hates oils too, and CO. Also Aussie, Garnier Fructis and Dove shampoo/conditioners.

paper
June 17th, 2008, 05:12 PM
My hair hates cones. They make my hair dry and frizzy.

Tapioca
June 17th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Honey and protein. They both make my hair crunchy.
My scalp hates washings that are further apart than daily.

lora410
June 17th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Mostly just poo bars :rollin:

ETA: Come on, you knew I was going to be the first to reply to this!!

lol yup you and poo bar>>>:hatchet::misskim:

kwaniesiam
June 17th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Cones, sulfates, excessive protien, eggs, heat styling, Cure Care Conditioner, ACV more than once every week or 2, the first few days after henna, olive oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, mousse, conventional hair gel, hairspray, chemical dyes, BLEACH, humidity, going more than 2 days without a wash...wow I have picky hair :silly:

lora410
June 17th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Friction. No pulling strands apart, no twisting, no and no and no and no. My hair is driving me insane!

aww you have such beautiful hair and I feel sad it is always being mean to you.

lora410
June 17th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Cones, sulfates, excessive protien, eggs, heat styling, Cure Care Conditioner, ACV more than once every week or 2, the first few days after henna, olive oil, shea butter, cocoa butter, mousse, conventional hair gel, hairspray, chemical dyes, BLEACH, humidity, going more than 2 days without a wash...wow I have picky hair :silly:

holy cow woman!! My hair loves love all butters,Protien, oils etc :lol:

kwaniesiam
June 17th, 2008, 06:29 PM
The worst part is, I've learned about all of those from experience :bigeyes:

biggeorge
June 17th, 2008, 06:33 PM
Scissors!!! http://www.cosgan.de/images/more/bigs/e142.gif

Curlsgirl
June 17th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Shea butter
Honey
Pantene anything except curl gel
Irons
Rough handling
Brushing
CV bars
Salt Water/chlorine

Blueneko
June 17th, 2008, 06:51 PM
Cones and protein usually.

RavenDream
June 17th, 2008, 08:01 PM
Proteins, they make my a hair a crunchy and tangled mess.

ZaBasDa
June 17th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Cones, but they appear to work on day 1. Not using a strong shampoo on my scalp. And trying to go more than three days without washing.

IdiotBird
June 17th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Anything less than washing every other day, probably because it's so fine.
Cones. I have no clue why, it just does.

Hypatia
June 17th, 2008, 09:25 PM
Cone-free conditioners. And sometimes I am sure it hates me. Especially when I come at it armed with pins, oils, and vitamins. :D

Aisha25
June 18th, 2008, 12:15 AM
My hair hates: flat irons,blowdryers,not being in braid and neglect.

Loreyanne_H
June 18th, 2008, 02:11 AM
My hair hates cones and too much sles/sls. My hair also hates plastic, no matter if comb or barrette or sticks.

My scalp hates a bit the COW way of keeping hair clean, so I have to reserve this method for henna weeks only.

Nicole.Amina
June 18th, 2008, 03:01 AM
And sometimes I am sure it hates me.
I've had those moments. I'm sure my hair despised me until I went back to (more or less) my original routine.

My hair also hates cremes and oils. Cremes because they are too light for my hair and won't tame my curls and oils becaue my hair becomes flat at the roots and stringy beyond all belief (no matter how much fluffing and shaking and scrunching I do to it), although I do use oils if I plan to keep my hair up or braided.

My hair also hates being styled in the morning. My hair dries frizzy if its not completely covered in gel the night before, dried overnight, and fluffed up (for lack of a better phrase) the next morning. Me, the most low maintenance person in the world, has such high maintenence hair. Go figure.

Siava
June 18th, 2008, 05:13 AM
WO. There is no way in Hades my hair can be detangled if I don't use a lot of conditioner while washing. Not even leave-in or spray detangler can battle this beast.

Winter. It's cold and crisp outside, hot and dry inside. The hair will get brittle if I don't protect it.

Chemical dyes. I've done them for so long. It does nothing but fry my hair no matter how much I deep condition it.

eresh
June 18th, 2008, 06:34 AM
My hair hates going without cones
And it also hates to behave when I'm in a hurry:rolleyes:

harley mama
June 18th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Protein, cones, heat styling, baking soda, aloe vera as a leave in.
I'm sure there is other stuff that my hair hates.

NorthernDancer
June 18th, 2008, 09:19 AM
If you would have asked me a week ago I would have said that my hair hates to hold a curl, or any kind of "style". They would fall out in an hour or less. No matter what I tried. Heat, cold, damp curling... Nothing worked.

But now, thanks to water only, I was able to have really curly bun waves that lasted ALL DAY!

(Sorry for the little bit of a hijack, I just had to share)

Millielie
June 18th, 2008, 09:42 AM
My hair hates protein and glycerin, it makes my hair fuzzy.

nessthing
June 18th, 2008, 10:05 AM
My hair hates getting wet after it's washed and dried. It air-dries and looks fine in my house after I get out of the shower, but if it gets even a little rainy or if, say, I get in a water balloon fight or something... :whistle:

fuhgetaboutiiiit.

Phalaenopsis
June 18th, 2008, 01:36 PM
I found out that my hair hates olive oil, although to me it was the most convenient oil to use.:( It really took a while before the effect was completely gone. My hair got really frizzy.

chrissy-b
June 19th, 2008, 11:43 AM
My hair doesn't really like cones and doesn't like a load of protein. Cones make my hair stringy and a bit crunchy (even a small amount in conditioner does this) and too much protein makes my hair tangle something fierce!

Ohio Sky
June 19th, 2008, 11:54 AM
My hair hates getting wet after it's washed and dried. It air-dries and looks fine in my house after I get out of the shower, but if it gets even a little rainy or if, say, I get in a water balloon fight or something... :whistle:

fuhgetaboutiiiit.

Ah yes I have this too. I have to mist to get y hair into any kind of updo, but if I ever go swimming or if it rains or anything and gets more than barely damp, I have to run home and CO or I will never be able to comb again.

Islandgrrl
June 19th, 2008, 12:16 PM
Protein, cones, heat styling, baking soda, aloe vera as a leave in.
I'm sure there is other stuff that my hair hates.

My hair hates all these things, too. It's also not fond of any kind of vinegar rinse and it didn't like chamomile tea (gag, oh gag, gag, gag) either.

Loviatar
June 19th, 2008, 04:07 PM
My hair hates ACV, SLS, SLES, hairspray, HALO rinse, cones long term, Water Only, ball-tip brushes, metal combs, anything static-y, bleach, cyclopentasiloxane, and baby shampoo. Oh and CV shampoo bars...

Patrycja
June 19th, 2008, 04:52 PM
I did CO for awhile but never fully adjusted so I know it hates that.
Honey
Caramel Treatment
and going non-cone

Tangles
June 19th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Being washed less often than every second day.
Pantene shampoo.
Some (but not all) cones
Being shoulder length or shorter (poof central; thank God I'm well on my way to APL!)
Chemical dyes (obvious one, but my hair realllly fell out when I tried lightening it just a little bit)

Ndnlady
June 21st, 2008, 10:14 PM
My hair hates cones, I just found out recently it also hates brushes, and too much protein.

Katurday
June 21st, 2008, 10:50 PM
Any cones but dimethicone. (Its light and takes a while to build up)
Garnier Fructis Shampoo (Or maybe thats just my scalp)
The third day of no washing.
Finger combing.
Coconut oil.
My hair is a fan of damp ponytails, but the kink that they give me is evil.
I can't wait for damp buns.
EVOO on anything but my dry dry ends.

Overall, my hair is a nice little being. It hates the stuff that even I don't want to do, so it gives me a simple routine.
-^_^-

EDIT: It also hates dry air. My hair's favorite thing ever is moisture in the air. I swear, I love the summer time. I'm walking around and I see my classmates with either frizzyness or the appearance of a limp rat, and I'm walkin' around with hair full of body and shine. But wintertime? I cry at the static.

zanne
June 22nd, 2008, 09:35 AM
My hair hates Jojoba... crunchycrunchycrunchy...
It's not so fond of hard water, which I have,
As for other crimes against hairmanity, i'm still figuring those out, as i'm new to all this:)

Igor
June 22nd, 2008, 09:36 AM
Aloe vera
Chlorinated water
Cone free for more than short periods
Oils of any kind
Protein
Soft water
Too much fussing
Water harder than at my apartment

All of these results in “hard” tangly hair
:shake:

Duchess of Erat
June 22nd, 2008, 09:44 AM
I tried Palmers coconut oil treatment (or whatever it's called exactly) as a conditioner (so on wet hair). It felt so horrible when I wanted to rinse it out of the lengths, that for the first time in years I actually put shampoo directly on the lengths to get the stuff out again.

Igor
June 22nd, 2008, 11:48 AM
I tried Palmers coconut oil treatment (or whatever it's called exactly) as a conditioner (so on wet hair). It felt so horrible when I wanted to rinse it out of the lengths, that for the first time in years I actually put shampoo directly on the lengths to get the stuff out again.

I tried a Palmers coconut oil leave in that resulted in the same. Wore it outside on a cold day and it hardened and took something like 10 harsh shampooings to get out :scared:

honeybunch
June 23rd, 2008, 09:36 AM
Lavendar and my hair do not go well together.

My hair hates most oils except ayurvedic ones and castor oil. Jojoba does nothing for my hair.

My hair hate Pantene esp. Relaxed and Natural with a vengeance.

LadyMoon11
June 23rd, 2008, 06:57 PM
My hair hates most products, really.
I find that 'cones are actually better than no 'cones for my hair, however.
Shampoo bars were terrible for my hair.
Mainly my hair hates most routines other than the standard every other day CWC, and a bi-weekly SMT. More than two days without washing and my scalp is uncomfortably greasy.

Elanor
August 18th, 2008, 04:39 AM
My hair doesn't like..
..razor (only scissors for me from now on!)
..aloe gel, when it's not mixed with conditioner or deep treatment, as it just makes it sticky and dry
..too many things put in it at the same time (leave-in + oil + shea butter + aloe gel = too much!)

Calanthe
August 18th, 2008, 05:20 AM
My hair hates me. Well, sometimes it does...;)

Seriously, my hair hates:

Anything containing proteins
Cones
Any kind of harsh ingredients (well, it's more my scalp hating that stuff)

Lamb
August 18th, 2008, 05:29 AM
My hair hates me. Well, sometimes it does...;)
:rollin: Only too true for me!

My hair hates:
- most oils and butters
- ASL
- going too long between washes
- detangling when dry
- being looked at in the mirror too often
- high wind

Haith
August 18th, 2008, 05:34 AM
My hair hates being brushed. I always think that I'm going to brush it on days when I'm going somewhere that I want my hair to be beautiful. It always ends up frizzy and horrible looking.
Also, cones make my hair crunchy.

pariate
August 18th, 2008, 06:14 AM
Poo bars, baking soda and brushing. I'm a wurly - brushing does me no favours at all!

Monsterkitti
August 18th, 2008, 06:58 AM
My hair hates:

Brushes and combs, much better finger combing all the time now.

Aloe vera gel when its not in a mix with other stuff. Makes my ends crunchy and horrible

Doesnt like the hard water at my house, if I go on holiday I immediatly have softer nicer hair.

Morag
August 18th, 2008, 07:23 AM
Shampoo or soap of any kind (dry, dry, dry)
ACV rinse (limp and flyaway at the same time! ack!)
Henna (dry, dry, dry - henna gloss with lots of conditioner is good)
Hot, dry air (limp and flyaway)
Wet combing (breakage)
Barrettes (breakage)
Anything with springs, coils, or hinges

Daoine Sidhe
August 18th, 2008, 07:34 AM
- cones (makes my hair look fake and small hairs jump out of it)
- ACV-rinces (dryyyyyyy hair !)
- honey (dry fly-away hair)
- oils (I never seem to get it right)

Marcipangris
August 20th, 2008, 12:32 AM
-heavy, greasy products (makes fine hair limp)
-coconut oil (so I just eat it instead of applying it to my hair)

Soniasonia
August 20th, 2008, 03:23 AM
Commercial shampoos, especially pantene and dove, and tap water.

Tap Dancer
August 20th, 2008, 06:08 AM
Anything with the word "Suave" on the bottle and that's a shame because they have soooo many products that smell good.

happymommy
August 20th, 2008, 06:52 AM
Hates:

coconut oil - leaves it lank and dull no matter the amount
aloe vera gel - frizzies from hades
protein - once a month in a deep treatment is all I can get away with.
leave ins of any kind - I lose all shine.

I'm still experimenting, so I'm sure this list will grow. Sigh.

Dark Rosaleen
August 21st, 2008, 08:03 AM
Too much conditioner.
Too much protein.
Too little washing.

serious
August 22nd, 2008, 05:36 AM
-deep oiling
-cones
-styling products of any kind

I allways get greasy,limp hair with any of this

mmccleary
August 22nd, 2008, 08:59 AM
My hair absolutely HATES hair cholesterol. Made my hair so dull feeling, rough, and I could hardly get a comb through it.

mira-chan
August 22nd, 2008, 12:59 PM
SLS/SLES in any way or form.
Conditioner on the scalp.
Cones
Aloe, crunch hair every time
Sweet almond oil
Humecants: honey and glycerin - instant gunky hair.

GlassEyes
August 23rd, 2008, 01:31 PM
Plain jojoba oil, but it likes it in combinations with other oils.
Sometimes straight coconut oil-same as above though.
Heat. Of any kind- weather-heat, dryer heat, flat-iron heat, etc. All bad.

cani
August 23rd, 2008, 02:09 PM
conditioner on the scalp (c/o)- hair loss and itching :(

Caldonia Sun
August 23rd, 2008, 02:20 PM
The list is too long, unfortunately.

Little_Bird
August 23rd, 2008, 03:05 PM
My hair didn't like yogurt when I tried it once... I don't do that many experiences so I don't know anything else...

Or... BRUSHES! My hair hates brushes! Thank you LHC for making me switch to combing! :flowers:

Soniasonia
August 23rd, 2008, 03:07 PM
My hair hates mineral oil and petroleum jelly!!!!

mitabird
August 30th, 2008, 06:46 AM
I'm protein sensitive, but I do OK with amino acids. However, my hair absolutely hates wheat protein. shudder: It immediately makes my hair dry, frizzy and very difficult to manage.

ChloeDharma
August 30th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Mineral oil....it makes my hair feel like cheap plastic wig hair.

Chemical colourants....just fries it and turns to pubes

Missing scalp massages....i shed loads more when i forget

Shampoo.....i can get away with it very occasionally but my length frazzles if i do it too much

Conditioner on my scalp.....my hair doesn't hate it, but i do shed more, and cones on my scalp really aren't great, though my length loves cones.

Anything rough.....my hair is fragile

lorig713
August 30th, 2008, 06:04 PM
My hair says no to cones and sulphates. :run:

Elayne
August 30th, 2008, 08:51 PM
The only thing I've found so far that my hair really does not get along with is protein. Makes it all crunchy and impossible to manage. So far, no conditioner with protein has worked very well at all. Once I finally figured that out, things became so much easier :)

Cereus
August 30th, 2008, 09:17 PM
For some reason the one time I tried an ACV rinse my hair turned into something that closely resembled cotton candy. May be I did something wrong but I've never tried it again.

itsMEowKat
August 31st, 2008, 12:50 AM
Although my hair loves Coconut Oil while it's still damp, it HATES it when dry. Hair gets kinda gunky and flyaway. Major Ewww.

~Kat
=^..^=

ladyshannonanne
August 31st, 2008, 01:20 AM
My hair hates brushes. I remembered that this evening. Urg. I have an event tomorrow and i thought I'd be really clever and round brush/blow dry just the top layer of my SL hair for some volume. If frizz=volume, then I'm the volume queen. Maybe in the volume empress.

Other than that, my hair hates SLS and SLES.

racheal1234
September 1st, 2008, 03:11 PM
my hair hates cheap straighteners

LilyMunster
September 1st, 2008, 03:15 PM
Suave and VO5 leaves my scalp in bad shape and my hair like straw.
The one exception is KiwiLime, but I cannot leave the s or c on for long.
Any type of herbal oil on my scalp makes my hair fall out in handfuls. I can however use coconut oil neat near the scalp, but not douse it.

Gumball
September 1st, 2008, 04:01 PM
I know for a pretty big certainty that my hair likes to run around holding up a picket sign which reads "Say NO to protein!" I thought about bargaining with it sometimes, but each attempt just increased the fervor it had to complain. Lucky for me it hasn't had to hold up a sign for a good long while.

pinkprincess
September 2nd, 2008, 08:09 AM
My hair seems to hate sticks. But it might just be that I'm pretty awful at putting them in right...

tinabcurly
September 2nd, 2008, 11:19 AM
My hair hates protein, inexpensive conditioner (does it think I'm made of money?!), dry combing/detangling and shampoo. That's not to say that it doesn't have days where it hates everything including me. Those 4 things are a constant though.

granitbaby
September 2nd, 2008, 02:18 PM
Dry shampoo. It makes my hair break right off. Terrible:demon:

Faepirate
September 2nd, 2008, 02:37 PM
My hair hates:

- Oils (except for EVOO applied in a VERY particular way. Anything else = big no-no! Coconut oil is by far the worst.)
- Heavy conditioners, apparently... and I'm beginning to think it's not fond of conditioners full stop. I'm still trying to figure this one out. I'll have the answer in a few more weeks after an experment. ;)
- Shampoo. Yeah. Hair doesn't like shampoo very much. Even SLS-free shampoo. It's just dry and frizzy all the time if I shampoo.
- Cones.
- Aloe vera gel. UGH crunch!
- Too much brushing/combing.
- Rain (the baby hairs at my crown go CRAZY if it rains. I start to look like Fizzgig from the Dark Crystal!)
- Damp bunning. OH my gosh. Just NO. Horrible kinks.

Things I'm not sure about are tea rinses, and SMT. I've used them a few times with OK results. Not amazing. But not bad. Hibiscus was more dodgy than chamomile. I still need to experiment more with these. SMT has not done anything for my hair at all. Once it left it feeling quite nice, and the other times I tried it just ended up frizzy. I don't know why! My hair is VERY fussy about what I do to it, apparently.

LadyLongLocks
September 2nd, 2008, 03:24 PM
Hates Mane and Tail shampoo and conditioner and wearing a bun while sleeping.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/JJJLonghair/BANNERS%20FOR%20LINKING/sig2-2lhc.jpg

Darkhorse1
September 3rd, 2008, 07:02 AM
My hair hates Garnier Fructus anything (dries it out mega bad), Burt's Bees Shampoo (UGH! Can we say 'parched hair'?), coconut anything (dry, dry and dryer). Oil at the roots? No, no, no, no no. Greasy, gross and..itchy!

My hair LOVES olive oil, Pantene, cones, and herbal essense shampoo. Also, a salon dandruff shampoo which works really well on my seboreah when it acts up.

Eryka
September 3rd, 2008, 10:40 AM
In order of hatred:

Heat- I've blow dried my hair maybe 6 times in my life and all have been disasters. Same with washing with hot or warm water. Never ever.

Shampoo of any kind- I'm a recent convert to CO and I am finally repairing all the damage I did with the shampoo. (Apologizes to hair)

Cones- No, just no. Never.

Protein- This may be because I have a high protein diet already but, protein in haircare gives me an almost allergic reaction with some seriously crappy hair.

Being handled in the shower- Still working on this one because of the CO. Trying to find the right amount of washing without over handling my hair.

NOT being brushed when wet- This is weird. My hair LOVES being brushed when soaking wet. However once it gets to that half dry half wet sticky time, brushing is off limits. I think my hair prefers being brushed wet to dry. Go figure.

Camelia oil- Makes the bulk of my hair stringy and the rest static-y. Tried to love it.

Hairytale
September 3rd, 2008, 11:32 AM
My hair hates not being brushed properly, it gets all messy if I put it up and the only way to fix it is to brush it thoroughly and massage my scalp a bit and then everything goes "smoothly". :D

OT: When reading this thread title, I always read "what does your hair mate?" and I go like this: :disbelief. :p

sahiba
September 3rd, 2008, 01:22 PM
Hates salt water and Garnier products.

C_Bookworm
September 3rd, 2008, 04:40 PM
shine spray. it doesn't get the tiniest bit shinier, just slick and oily

kunibob
September 3rd, 2008, 11:20 PM
brushing (maybe I just have yet to find the right brush)
oil on the scalp
raw egg deep-conditioning
any "2-in-1" shampoo
the fact that Halsa Highlights shampoo and conditioner were discontinued it years ago... :( I haven't found anything that made my hair so silky and shiny since. (Though I imagine that now that I am more ingredient-wary, the ingredients list probably leaves something to be desired.)That's it for now, but I'm sure I'll find more as time goes on!

Arctic_Mama
September 4th, 2008, 03:08 AM
ANYTHING with an alkaline pH. Cones make it soft, but gunky. BBB can be problematic with static. My hair likes oil and fingercombing :)

UP Lisa
September 5th, 2008, 07:26 AM
My hair hates combing and brushing. It just can't take it.

Nes
September 5th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Pantene - (I was using it for about 5 years before I joined LHC and realised what my hair had been trying to tell me all along!!)

SLS shampoo
Damp bunning
Round brushes
Hairspray
Any kind of hairpins
Not being brushed

Nes x

Cinnamon.locks
September 6th, 2008, 02:06 AM
Most Proteins; hair gets extremely tangled and breaks.

Any condish without cones; must use cones, the only product that my hair adored was Nature's Gate herbal condish and it was discontinued. :(

Shampoo bars; tangles extreme.

Some oils: hair crunchy and dry.

Waiting until hair is dry to detangle; mayor breakage and tangles galore.

Pantene poo and condish; grease ball no matter which one i use.

dor3girl
September 6th, 2008, 09:49 AM
My hair hates chlorine, salt-water and pretty much any hairspray.

I have the worst hair days when I have applied too much oil to the ends of my hair (a little goes a LONG way)

Pretty much any product "works" for me--except those stupid little bottles of shampoo & conditioner that they give you in hotels--they seem to be made of dishwashing detergent! Whats up with that!?

Tangles
September 6th, 2008, 09:52 AM
My hair hates:

- Oils (except for EVOO applied in a VERY particular way. Anything else = big no-no! Coconut oil is by far the worst.)

Funny you should say this as my hair hates EVOO with a burning passion. It makes the ends of my hair drier than they are, and my crown greasier than it already is.

Paliele
September 6th, 2008, 10:49 AM
My hair hates hard water+baking soda. I've been doing BS only for a long time and my hair loves it, but only in soft water. Now that I have hard water, my hair is crunchy and stiff. Bleh!

Satyria
September 8th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I think my hair doesn't get angry at all no matter what I do. There's only one thing that has to be done:

comb the hair when wet

If I let my hair dry before I touch the comb it will be such a mess: fluffy and tangled! My hair is normally very straight and glassy.

I know it may do some harm for my hair but I'm very gentle and my hair clears easily.

Medvssa
September 9th, 2008, 11:40 AM
WO is the absolute worst thing for my hair, I think because of the very hard water over here and because I do not produce enough scalp oil at all. It was a dried out, porous, terrible haystack.

Reptilia
September 9th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Chlorine. It turns into a huge matted mess that needs a good two cups of thick conditioner to soften it back up.

Angelica
September 9th, 2008, 04:48 PM
My hair recently absolutely hated Lush henna. Horrible stuff. Hair matted, felt very dry. Colour did not take - although it coloured the bath rather nice. Horrible horrible stuff.

kowlrea
September 10th, 2008, 08:10 AM
my hair hates being manipulated when wet .. it hates being wet period

Akiko
September 10th, 2008, 12:13 PM
Chlorine and sea water. I used to scuba dive frequently. My hair was in terrible condition.

after hours
September 11th, 2008, 12:06 AM
My hair definitely hates baking soda- even just a little makes it way too dry. Straightening irons make it seem rather limp and thin. Brushing makes it really frizzy if it's been air dried. Those are the big ones that come to mind.

Eirinn
September 11th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Oils - make my hair dry and frizzy
CO on the long run - makes it terribly greasy terribly fast
everything 'cone free' - damage, damage and once again damage
but hey! - blow drier seems to work well:twisted:

Nyghtingale
September 11th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Pantene-itchy scalp

fleurdelis
September 14th, 2008, 05:55 PM
Not sure yet..honestly

thankyousir74
September 14th, 2008, 06:00 PM
My hair hates:

Baking soda- nasty nasty nasty. I used for 5 months so it wasn't a periodic thing
(Undiluted) ACV- yeah I know it's a "duh" now but I thought I was doing a good thing :rolleyes:
Cones- I used them for most of my life and my hair was always in bad shape. Maybe I just needed some clarification but now it is happy with cone-free CO's

Neysa
September 15th, 2008, 08:41 PM
My hair detests any pantene product and anti dandruff ANYTHING! No tar shampoo, or head and shoulder and I simply cannot use store brands. I seem to have to rotate between my favourite 4 brands at the end of each bottle.

Sarahmoon
October 3rd, 2008, 08:18 AM
Coconut milk. Makes my hair very greasy and I can't get it out unless I use a lot of shampoo on the length :(

Suldrun
October 3rd, 2008, 09:04 AM
BBB and protein
My scalp breaks out with coconut oil so I use only on ends.

GlassEyes
October 3rd, 2008, 09:14 AM
I recant on my previous statements of what my hair hates.

Apparently my hair likes jojoba now. go figure.

Protien is still out, and (this is recent) as are any oils that are derived from a citrus fruit and in Burts Bees stuff. D:

Elphie
October 3rd, 2008, 06:17 PM
The only thing my hair seriously detests are those color enhancing shampoos. They make my hair feel gummy. Mousses, gels etc just make it straighter and more limp.

sky
October 3rd, 2008, 11:12 PM
Ah....shampoo......brushes......and oil!

sky

willowcandra
October 4th, 2008, 02:47 AM
My hair hates.....
protein
coconut milk
dabur amla oil
olive oil or mineral oils
hot water
sls free shampoos.

Gothic Lolita
October 5th, 2008, 04:37 AM
commercial conditioners, although I did quite well before I started using herbal products
CO washes
not washing daily (gets dry, can't brush it)

Speckla
October 5th, 2008, 01:06 PM
My hair hates sulfates and 'cones in the winter.
Keratin, wheat protein, vegetable protein, coconut protein - any protein no matter how damaged or healthy it is.
Honey no what the amount.
Brushes.
________
VAPORIZER AFFILIATE PROGRAMS (http://vaporizeraffiliateprogram.com)

Rosepatrice
October 5th, 2008, 02:37 PM
Going too long without conditioning..

twilight_faerie
October 11th, 2008, 03:51 AM
My hair hates CO. It makes my scalp crazy oily and my hair feels like it hasn't been washed in weeks. It also hates brushes, I think. And I'm pretty sure my hair hates protein.

Marie99
October 11th, 2008, 06:33 AM
Brushes, shampoo, egg, mayo.

JCFantasy23
October 11th, 2008, 05:49 PM
With the condition my hair is in, I'd say it hates just about everything lol

Anje
October 11th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Ugh, my hair hates whatever the silk protein extract was in one of my VO5 conditioners!
Aloe gel causes tangles if I leave it in.
Fenugreek was a nightmare for tangles. My hair felt sticky and coated.
Neither my hair nor scalp are particularly fond of henna either -- I find it quite drying (even made with water and conditioner, no acid), and while my hair is thicker and shinier afterward, it takes several days to recover, and close to a week for all the itchy dry skin bumps to disappear. (No, I don't think I'm allergic -- I get the same reaction whenever my skin dries out.)

HairColoredHair
October 11th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Protein... Coconut milk... er... lots of stuff, really. :lol:

RocketDog
October 11th, 2008, 11:01 PM
Pantene products left my hair cakey and brittle.

Dove products left my scalp oily and my ends frizzy.

Dr.Bronner's bar soap in conjunction with an overnight coconut oil treatment = DISASTROUS filmy, oily, crunchy horrifying mess. If I use the bar soap with a glop of diluted suave clarifying shampoo, it leaves my hair beautiful. Skip the 'poo and I can't even comb my hair, even with a vinegar rinse.

ACV rinses - oily scalp. White vinegar works fine.

Aditi
October 12th, 2008, 12:33 AM
My hair hates herbal shampoos and Anti-dandruff shampoos, they make my hair very dry and rough and frizzy.

vidgrl007
October 13th, 2008, 06:48 AM
my hair does not like shampoo bars.

Chanterelle
October 13th, 2008, 08:01 AM
- anything by Pantene. My hair looked greasy and had no volume at all.
- herbal shampoos made my hair frizzy and unmanageable

Leabhar
October 15th, 2008, 12:25 PM
Cones and protein, and coconut oil on hair, and conditioner, oil, or sulfates on the scalp. Trouble, just trouble.

Áine
October 15th, 2008, 01:12 PM
My hair hates:

Most tap water (hard water)
Cheap overly-coned conditioners (Suave)
Humectants in arid weather (that's because of my location)
Certain hairstyles (some braids actually increase my split ends)

Forever_Sophie
October 17th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Philomela (think you answered me on this on the Mane forum) I have that very problem, 1 extra day between washes causes major shedding.

kschr2004
October 17th, 2008, 07:04 PM
Hot, humid days. It goes totally flat and I can barely do anything with it. Even putting it up into a bun doesn't work on those kind of days...:(

ImmortaLamia
October 20th, 2008, 05:24 AM
My hair hates mainstream shampoos like: Garnier,Sunsilk,Pantene..totally my hair rejects them! my hair like more the shampoo that doesn't have alot of ingredients..i have one now with chamomille extract to lighten up..it says on it Dermatological Shampoo from home institut (it's a french shampoo) a little expensive but totally worth it..and from this gama i had another one and also good was, so i'm gonna stick to it.
And i think my hair hates alot of things like blowdryer...combs that are not wide...gel for hair... :mad:

Angharad
August 20th, 2009, 02:47 PM
My hair dislikes hairgel, blowdryers, a brush with steel pins, chemical hairdye, black tea-rinses, mineral oil-based products, products that contains cones, hairdressers, being put up in a bun that is on top of my head (makes my hair "ache") and going to bed without being braided (if I don't braid my hair, it is really tangled the morning after).

elaineflowers
August 20th, 2009, 02:51 PM
ACV...... my poor hair reacted as if I had poured acid all over it..... it took weeks to recover!!
xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx

NiAosSi
August 20th, 2009, 03:12 PM
My hair seems to hate protein. It took doing an SMT twice a week for three weeks to restore the moisture.

AlleyKitten
August 20th, 2009, 05:35 PM
Dr Bronner's. Honey. CO more than twice in a row without shampoo. Those things with two combs and elastic between them. Wind.

Reptilia
August 20th, 2009, 05:41 PM
Cones and protein. Well, actually, it likes a very small bit of it rarely.

I had that damage remedy conditioner recommended to me by Aveda, I used it every single day. WAY too much protien, my hair was so crunchy and brittle and just made it worse! Then a hairdresser told me to use this Bumble and Bumble protein treatment, same thing! I stopped using it for a few weeks and my ends were pretty nice after that. Now I use it maybe once per months.

As for cones, my hair turns in a greasy stringy mess with a couple of hours of using them. Even with the Yes To Carrots stuff! However if I do a cone free condish and then follow on just the ends with cones, my hair loves it.

Katrina
August 28th, 2009, 04:40 AM
1. Cones
2. Honey
3. Shampoo
4. Brushing

Leoneska
August 28th, 2009, 05:52 AM
1. Cones, particularly Herbal Essences. Caused dandruff on my scalp )-:
2. Pool & sea water

Tomato
August 28th, 2009, 06:29 AM
Not surprisingly, it hates the hair blower. Also, it can't stand straightening, curly enhancers, hair spray- this all makes it go wild, crunshy, oily... so I leave it alone, sometimes I feel like having a spoilt cat on my head.... sheeding hair all over the flat and petting only allowed when it comes to being fed treats.

Fractalsofhair
August 28th, 2009, 08:25 AM
Heavy cone usage.

No oils

Blowdrier!!!(Or any heat styling for that matter)

Even low peroxide hair dye.

Other than that, my hair is pretty nice friendly hair. My scalp hates anything that's drying

masterofmidgets
August 28th, 2009, 03:51 PM
Straighteners/curling irons (or maybe it's just that I'm scared of burning myself :o)
Hair spray (sticky, crunchy, icky hair)
Sulfates (super dry hair and worse eczema)
Non-wooden combs (tangles and ouchiness)

HoneyDrop
August 28th, 2009, 03:53 PM
- protein
- too much oil
- combing
- cold weather, too much sun and rain
- damp bunning

janiejones
August 28th, 2009, 11:53 PM
My hair hates skipping conditioning (on accident or running out of time), not combing before showering, or being air-dried by the wind (think strong Kansas wind. I try not to let this occur, but sometimes it does.)

Laylah
August 29th, 2009, 08:46 PM
My hair hates:
-brushes: they make my roots greasy, the length puffy/static, and just don't work for me so I get frustrated and proceed to rip the brush through my hair shudder:
-cones: make my hair frizzy
-sulphates: I lose a normal amount of hair, but without sulphates I lose even less
-CO washes: I get this horrible waxy yet dried out feeling, especially the top half. The ends are just plain dried out
-regular (not wide) tooth combs: they won't move more than an inch in my hair.
-rain: FRIZZ!!!!!

-hairsticks, well, I love them but my hair eats them! :D (I've got to buy more durable sticks!)

Charentais
August 30th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Stylin' gel and bad reality television.

(That Brett Michaels show made it stand on end. On end, I tell ya'.)

dolcevita
August 31st, 2009, 10:55 PM
-heavy coconut oilings (I did that today after reading about the success of others with the same hairtype/texture/amount as myself... Didn't work and now even though I've washed twice, my hair is still limp and looks greasy!)

- hairspray (With the massive amount of frizz around my crown, I am often tempted to spray it with a bit of something when even aloe gel won't do it. When I do, I always regret it. I haven't tried a more natural hairspray though. I know Desert Essence makes one, maybe that will do the trick!)

- not washing regularly (I don't necessarily have to do it every day, but as soon as I feel a bit of grease, I will shed like no tomorrow if I don't wash thoroughly. My scalp will itch too!)

- regarding cones, SLS, ACV (I've tried both off and on. I think that some cones are better than others. I'm using Sally's generic brand version of Redken's Anti-Snap and my hair likes that MUCH better than Biolsilk. I don't recall exactly but I think the type of cones are different between the two. I've rinsed with ACV before and didn't really notice a difference... I've been meaning to trial this and see how it goes by removing as many other variables as I can and just focusing on the rinse's effect on my hair. SLS makes my hair a little frizzier I think??)

The best part about this is that it's trial and error... So we can all try something and learn from it either way!

skydancer7
September 1st, 2009, 02:49 PM
-accutane!!! It is shedding, but it will grow back. Only one month left to go.
-brushing. It gets poofy. I prefer to comb.
-daily washing produces dry, itchy, flakey scalp, and extra shedding
-all mouse makes my hair fluffy in a dry, static-y, not so good way.
-tight or highly-placed styles cause pain within an hour.
-my hair doesn't like being "contained" and will somehow pester me into letting it down most of the day.
-commercial dye makes my scalp burn horribly and turn red. I had to stop.
-forget about trying to hold a curl, whether it be a perm, curling iron, or rag
-blowdrying increases the frizz factor, and my hair is already dry enough as it is.
-Stress!!!! my arch-nemesis. Stress causes me to go get my hair chopped off, and that never really solves anything.
-Impulsivity!!!! See above.
-Sulfates get my hair "too" clean, causing excessive dryness and scalp flaking issues
-Castile soap causes my hair to clump and become gummy. Nasty, nasty, nasty.
-Color Oops causes my hair to become matted and stretchy and weak.
-Indigo NEVER faded. Had to cut it out.
-Almond oil is too heavy and causes stringy-ness.
-Baking soda washes are far too harsh and leave my hair impossible to detangle
-Citre'Shine gave me serious rebound greasiness. It looked like I hadn't washed in ages within one day.
-CO wash on scalp... much too much moisture there, looked greasy, had to wash with poo
-Cassia. Too much effort, no positive result. Left my hair feeling too dry.
-Cold dry air, as in winter. Static, frizz, etc.

...I think that just about covers it :) Wow, that's a long list.

consarnit
September 1st, 2009, 09:43 PM
Blow drying, excessive sun or wind and pretty much all commercial hair products.

Deborah
September 1st, 2009, 10:55 PM
I fear that my hair must be very dull indeed, as it has never expressed an opinion on anything at all, at least not within my hearing. :p

Isn't it funny how we (and I include myself here) tend to endow our dead-as-a-doornail (to quote our old buddy, Chuck Dickens) hair with both intelligence and emotion? And on this list, we seem sure that our hair has very strong emotions, particularly hatred.

Sorry, I have a weird sense of humor. :o

embee
September 2nd, 2009, 04:16 AM
Baking soda. I've never had such trouble with my hair as when I used that, and it took quite a few washes and conditionings to fix the problem. Talk about tangles... I've had them. Talk about straw, that's how it felt.

VanillaTresses
September 2nd, 2009, 09:26 AM
My hair hates:

#1 Offender = Vaseline (got it in there once, never thought I would get it out!)
#2 Offender = Over conditioning (I have very lightweight/flyaway hair that gets greasy looking/lanky quickly)
#3 Offender = My meddling tendencies (I think my hair likes it when I mostly leave it the heck alone, but good luck stopping this one!)

;)

LaFlor
September 2nd, 2009, 09:53 AM
-co-wash= leaves my hair with a waxy wet/dry feeling
-not washing often= dandruff, extreme ichiness, greaseball
-no-cone conditioners

I'm still trying out new things, so I'm sure the list will grow!

LittleOrca
September 2nd, 2009, 10:04 AM
--Blowdryers
--Curling ions (ok, maybe I just hate those two. ;) )
--Cone-free stuff (It looks great for a week then goes downhill fast)
--Being in a high ponytail
--All the hours I am putting into it to learn a Gibson Pompadour :rolleyes:

deko
September 2nd, 2009, 02:28 PM
My hair hates some oils, shea butter, protein, shampoo bars, heat, chemical dyes and winter.

Thanks to henna.

rach
September 2nd, 2009, 03:24 PM
hairdressers advise and hair cuts.
heat implements
shampoo (bottled) - never understood that
chemical dyes - never, never again.
bushes
hair elastics
anything drying

Thinthondiel
September 2nd, 2009, 08:25 PM
My hair hates vinegar (both white vinegar and ACV rinses make it stringy) and shampoo (bottled - I don't know about shampoo bars, I've never tried them).

JaneinMarch
September 2nd, 2009, 09:26 PM
It hates being combed or brushed dry (unless I straighten it), soap, going too long without wetting and a lack of iron in my diet - falls right out if I'm not in balance :mad:

BranwenWolf
September 2nd, 2009, 10:05 PM
-Cone free: knots galore!
-Herbal stuff: I always have alarming shed-outs with any herbal things I've tried...tea, molasses, honey.
-Not washing every day: it gets knotty and crusty and greasy.
-Blow drying: Hello, Eddie Van Halen!
-Curling iron: somehow this works as a straightener with my wavy/curly hair. The harder I try to get it to hold a curl, it either goes straight or starts knotting.

Henna was about 50/50. Box hair dye (Clairol) was okay, and the cone-laden conditioner that came with it made my hair feel wonderful.

Rebelkat
September 2nd, 2009, 10:22 PM
To be honest, I don't think my hair actually hates anything. It'll pretty much take whatever I throw at it. Of course, there are some things that it likes better than others, but nothing it absolutely hates. Health and nutrition are the only things that affect my hair in any major fashion.

JamieLeigh
September 4th, 2009, 03:36 PM
My hair hated ACV and the catnip tea rinse. :( *shudders*

silverspun
September 4th, 2009, 06:11 PM
The curling iron. Even when I had curly hair my hair would not form with a curling iron.

Medievalmaniac
September 6th, 2009, 04:57 PM
I did my first CO today...never again. My hair HATES it...I rinsed, and rinsed, and RINSED...and it is as oily and stringy and slick-feeling as it would be if it still had a deep oil treatment in it! It definitely prefers to be shampooed and conditioned together.

natt i nord
September 7th, 2009, 04:49 AM
Me. At least sometimes I have that feeling :D

No, I didn't recognize anything yet that is absolutely hated by my hair. But it doesn't like strong vinegar rinses.

emeraldfaery
September 21st, 2009, 11:38 AM
My hair hates cassia. Wow does it hate cassia. My hair wasn't the same for weeks! Dry and crunchy all over.

ooo
September 21st, 2009, 01:31 PM
My hair hates cassia. Wow does it hate cassia. My hair wasn't the same for weeks! Dry and crunchy all over.

same here. also henna and yoghurt do bad things to my hair.

cobblersmaid
September 21st, 2009, 01:34 PM
'Poo bars, anything with wax or lanolin. Most 'cones (there are expections) and heavy sulfates. Also BBBs.

dearladydisdain
September 21st, 2009, 06:25 PM
My hair hates most oils, CO washing, and going cone free. UGH!

may1em
September 21st, 2009, 07:42 PM
My hair hates wind. Or wind hates my hair. Or something.

Also friction with other stuff.

My scalp hates sulfates and cones. One gives me dry flakies, the other gives me buildup.

MandaMom2Three
September 21st, 2009, 09:00 PM
I find it's changed over my time here! My hair LOVED protien for a while, now it hates it with the seering loathing of a thousands bologna and cheese sandwhiches sitting in the middle of a walmart parking lot after the second HOT day!!!! :rolleyes:

viking_quest
September 21st, 2009, 10:58 PM
My hair hates SMT's, coneless things, natural products, and brushes.

And unfortunately, this thread reminded me that I wanted to rinse my hair with coffee today and now I'll have to do it on Wednesday.

Aer
September 21st, 2009, 11:40 PM
My hair hates Suave and plastic brushes. I don't use regular conditioner that much, but if I get it on my scalp, and this includes oil too, I get all sorts of scalp issues.

Flynn
September 21st, 2009, 11:52 PM
Cones, it feels sticky.
Combs, they just make a mess; lots of breakage, etc.
Most protein, but apparently keratin works out okay. Or Joico have done something tricky with their K-Pack Reconstructor.

There are a whole lot of things that I can't use because my skin hates them, but that's for another thread and another day.

Rainchants
September 22nd, 2009, 07:47 AM
CO-Wash = Day after washing my hair is greasy again
Blow-drier and Hair straightener = Makes my hair dry as desert and lanky

Kris Dove
September 22nd, 2009, 04:00 PM
It hates being left more than a day without being washed!
Too-heavy conditioners make it look greasy.
Hairspray, gel, mousse etc... makes it sticky and crunchy, ewww
Perming

xovictoryxo
September 22nd, 2009, 09:42 PM
conditioners without cones
protein

Pumpkin
September 29th, 2009, 04:48 AM
Since I am still a newbie, I am still trying different things for my hair. But two things I am sure of that my hair and scalp hate...

blowdryer and hairspray.

Since I have given up both, there is much improvement.

penny1971
September 29th, 2009, 07:21 AM
It really hates sea air. When I stay by the sea my hair really rebells and goes very brittle and crunchy.

Elfe
September 29th, 2009, 09:50 AM
Most coney stuff and protein.

LittleOrca
September 29th, 2009, 10:47 AM
It hates being conefree at the moment (thought I hope to try it again later when my dyed-hair is all cut off), it does not like Suave or the new Herbal Essences, and it hates being short. (since I still see it as short, lol)

Naamah
September 29th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Shampoo. :p

clairenewcastle
September 29th, 2009, 02:11 PM
My hair absolutley hates cones yet for years I didn't realise this and piled more and more on, with disasterous results. Therefore I was constantly hunting for the ultimate hair conditioner, not realising either that protein is a big no-no for my hair. Thankfully I did catch on as a teenager that any styling product that contained alcohol was definately out for me - and which one doesn't?
Since joining LHC I've tried burdock root tea on my hair. It produced fantastic results the first day yet I woke up the next morning with the worst case of build-up I'd seen in years - straggly ,greasy hair.

honeybrown1976
September 30th, 2009, 02:52 AM
My hair hates the following:

Being too straight

Too much product

Heaviness

Dryness/Dry scalp

Too many trims

Mineral oil

Too much heat

Nanni
September 30th, 2009, 04:11 AM
Honey and protein. They both make my hair crunchy.
said Tapioca
Same here, Ive tried rinses with ACV and a ts of honey and honey SMT and it goes bad every time. Iusually have to wash it out again. Don't like the chrunchy feeling

luluj
October 7th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Unfortunately I have found out that my hair hates OJON Restorative Treatment. After a few weeks of deep conditioning, my silver streaked (mostly silver) hair has taken on a stain. If I had read the enclosed leaflet closely I would have noticed that there was a warning that the treatment "may" cause "temporary" staining on white hair. Just how temporary???? I have tried many products to remove the staining, but no luck yet!:confused::wail:

clairenewcastle
October 9th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Does anyone else find that spending a lot of time in an centrally heated environment dries their hair out?
Mine certainly hates a dry atmosphere so I've recently started placing a bowl of water above every radiator in the house. Someone told me this would help to create a more humid environment so I hope they're right.

Rosetta
October 10th, 2009, 04:17 AM
My hair seems to hate
- not washing often enough with (liquid, pref. sulfate) shampoo
- shampoo bars
- washing with herbs (*shudder*)
- oils as leave-in (*an even bigger shudder*)
- no-cone conditioners
- hair sticks (absolutely no way to make them stay in my hair!)

Overall, my hair seems to respond much better to man-made products than natural ones, strangely enough... :shrug: (It took me long to admit that.)

alys
October 10th, 2009, 04:25 PM
My hair hates protein. Hates Coconut oil, hates Sweet Almond oil, (sniff), hates natrual surfactants like those found in Aubrey/Avalon shampoos and the like, (double sniff). Pretty much hates anything but SLS and cones...But I don't let it have it's way all the time. Right now I use baby shampoo of the drugstore variety, (which by the way has no SLS, it uses cocomidaproyl beatine, which as I understand is less harsh than SLS by far), cone-laded Matrix conditioner, ACV and Grapeseed oil. And my hair is happy. Whenever my Lush jungle condtioner comes in the mail my hair is in for a big overhaul - we shall see :)

And Rosetta - our hair seem similar, though your much longer and prettier. I got a chuckle from your post :)

WritergirlAD
October 10th, 2009, 08:22 PM
conditioner that's too oily, too much conditioner or too much oil as a leave-in, heat, cones, sulfates, brushes, CO. Elastics and bobby pins. I bought some hair sticks, so I use them to put my hair up most of the time now, but, wow, when I used to wear buns every day with tons of bobby pins, I had so much breakage and split ends. :shudder: Lately, I've been having really good luck with almost everything I've tried.

Tinose
October 10th, 2009, 08:42 PM
Too much protein
Boar bristle brushes and Mason Pearson's nylon brush along those lines
Being left down

gmdiaz
October 11th, 2009, 07:54 AM
I am still trying to figure this all out BUT:

I know my hair can only take a tiny bit of protein. Too much protein very quickly makes the ends of my hair brittle and break easily! And pure coconut oil causes lots of shedding. But it seems that I can use a little protein in a light conditioner like Suave Tropical Coconut with really good success.

My hair doesn't mind being gently brushed but it looks floofy awful. My hair does mind being combed. I do best with finger combing only.

Aloe vera doesn't work on my hair by itself but works wonders mixed with honey and conditioner in a deep moisture treatment like SMT.

My hair loves the Morrocco Method Shampoos but cannot tolerate following them with no conditioners. . .or just the Chi conditioner. . .my hair needs much more moisture.

I did not like the look of my hair with AO shampoo and conditioners for dry hair. They left my hair so flat and stringy.

I am experimenting with Kinky Curly Curling Custard and other Kinky Curly products and am not having any success with it yet. . .makes my hair take HOURS to dry and isn't actually helping to hold my spiral curls. I am sure I just need to work with it though.

Shermie Girl
October 11th, 2009, 08:54 PM
My hair hates apple cider vinegar. It will freak out and run screaming into the night if I even walk past a bottle of the stuff in the supermarket.

My hair also hates Suave conditioner. It says that it feels waxy and heavy and it doesn't like it.

Rosetta
October 12th, 2009, 02:43 AM
And Rosetta - our hair seem similar, though your much longer and prettier. I got a chuckle from your post :)
Ooh, thanks!! :flower: :)

moonbeam
October 12th, 2009, 07:32 PM
My hair does notlike coconut oil. It gets crispy when I use it.

Fortymumble
October 12th, 2009, 07:40 PM
My hair seems to build up a tolerance for shampoo/conditioners so I only use them once, then switch to another brand next time I shop. It goes coarse and unresponsive. It seems to respond well to Pantene and Schwarzkopf Extra Care in particular. But I have to use a lot of conditioner!

Cinnamon Hair
October 12th, 2009, 11:09 PM
Apple cider vinegar. My hair looks incredibly dried out and tangly when I use this. It does its best impression of a brillo pad. I love the smell of ACV so it sucks that my hair doesn't like it.

Coconut milk in the can. I have tried numerous times to deep condition with this and every. single. time. my hair was a crunchy matted mess afterward. Again, love the smell, but hair hates it. Oh well.

Also, Burt's Bees pre-shampoo Avocado treatment. Oh god, that was bad. All other Burt's Bees products are good or at least O.K. but not that one. After a few tries I gave up and threw out the tube. Usually I use up my hair products regardless of how well they work, but this one I just couldn't finish.

prittykitty
October 12th, 2009, 11:17 PM
I tried EVOO today and my hair is not at soft as when I use coconut oil. It seems more dried out, especially on the ends.

Silver
November 29th, 2009, 09:15 PM
My hair doesn't like eggs. (and it stinks...:run: )

AstrayStar
December 3rd, 2009, 07:47 AM
My hair hates shampoos and co washes: makes my hair limp and heavy. I am just starting to experiment with tea rinses and oiling and so far my hair does not like sesame oil - dried my hair out even more than before I oiled it. My hair does not seem to like straight coconut oil (crunchy), but likes it in Kimberlily's hair butter. :D

kmangus
December 3rd, 2009, 11:02 AM
My hair hates Cones...leave in conditioners ( all sticky!) elastics (big dent in hair) and dry bunning.

AmbrosiaShadows
February 12th, 2010, 04:08 PM
My hair absolutely loathes protein. I tried the Biosilk protein conditioner on my hair once and it took me many, many, conditioning treatment and three oilings to get it back to normal

Locksmith
February 12th, 2010, 04:16 PM
Product, generally. I tried all sorts of "volumising" mousses, gels, hairsprays from before I was growing - they all just made it look lank and greasy. Going without a wash longer than every other day. It dislikes SLS. Otherwise... it's pretty biddable. It drinks up oil (despite greasy scalp... oddness).

Olde Soul
February 12th, 2010, 08:57 PM
My hair absolutely hates protein. Turns to straw in an instant.

Rhiannon7
February 13th, 2010, 01:31 AM
My hair absolutely hates protein, it turns dry, straw like and totally tangled.

Also hates Coconut oil, Mineral oil, Scissors, Chemical dyes and me tossing and turning in bed at night.

Katrina
February 13th, 2010, 11:17 AM
My hair hates honey.

JenniferNoel
February 13th, 2010, 11:23 AM
When I use protein, I can literally hear my hair having a tantrum. It turns in to crunchy madness, and breaks with loud, scary popping noises, enough to give me nightmares.

My hair also has an extreme disliking to amodimethicone. It turns flat and greasy, and boy is that cone tough to get out.

Sammich
February 13th, 2010, 11:28 AM
I think my hair hates protein pretty fast. :p It's very... very hard and crunchy.
I'm not sure but oils might be making my hair crunchy... Hmm... I'm testing this out.

Kaijah
February 13th, 2010, 12:00 PM
- PROTEIN. Dries it out like mad, the tips will break off it's so bad.
- Cones. Make my hair frizzy and lank at the same time!
- Mineral oil. Coated and icky hair.
- Shampoo bars/soap based products. Just. No.
- Most surfactants - ALS, SLS, olefin sulfate, coco betaine. They all make my scalp and hair sad. (It DOES like decyl glucoside though...)
- Gels, hairsprays, generally "hold" type products. They just make me dry and crunchy, no matter how much I scrunch.
- Wussy conditioners/leave ins. GIVE ME MOISTURE! /nomnomnom
- Brushes, and some days combs. Just use your fingers!
- Styling in general. Scrunching/plopping/fiddling makes me frizz, blow drying (even on cool) makes it angry.
- Skipping washing for long periods (i.e. more than a day or two)

chopandchange
February 13th, 2010, 12:52 PM
My hair hates protein.

It also hates me fussing with it and trying out new things. It hates me doing loads of kitchen experiments and trying one thing after another, after another, after another that I've read about on LHC. It says: "just leave me alone and do what I'm used to."

It likes coney CO, a bit of serum, and that's that.

Also, my hair is horrifically terrified by hair straighteners.

It never wants to be scorched by them ever, ever again.

Qadupae
February 14th, 2010, 06:39 AM
So far, the only thing I know my hair hates is cones. I have thin, straight, oily hair and cones just make a bad situation worse :(

Dreams_in_Pink
February 14th, 2010, 07:39 AM
my hair hates many things:
sulfates
cones
henna
protein
excess oil
too much poo

Isabelle1984
February 14th, 2010, 08:11 AM
My hair hates Shampoo that contains lots of alcohol :rolleyes:

Copasetic
February 14th, 2010, 09:28 AM
My hair isn't very picky :)

But aloe gel tends to make my hair feel weird and crunchy, and certain Herbel Essences shampoos make my scalp dry, itchy, and flaky.

Jordan S.
February 14th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Shampoos with sulfates.

BonnyJ
February 14th, 2010, 01:06 PM
Too much protein.

nuxa
February 16th, 2010, 06:12 PM
MY hair hates vinegar no matter how I apply it! Just one application (even if deluted) is a guaranteed "bad hair couple of days".
And shampoo (SLS or non-SLS). It's just too drying and harsh for may hair and scalp :shrug:

squee
February 17th, 2010, 07:39 PM
lets see...

all Cones..
any kind of artificial stuff/crap
dry air
chemical dye
bleach
sls etc.
strong shampoo
plastic
metal
static
Milk based stuff (might have something to do with my milk intolerance! Neat how my hair hates milk too...super picky hair)
lanolin
messed with when wet
my jacket
zippers
annoying people *giggles* they keep petting it with not clean hands!
chairs
my boyfriends bed.....
stuff that makes my hair lighter
being washed everyday

that's about it so far of what I have tried. :)

2peasinapod
February 17th, 2010, 08:31 PM
SLS (dries out instantly)
Cones (limp, no texture, dries hair by keeping moisture out)
Brushing (instant breakage)
Combing when wet (other than finger combing)(breakage, loss of texture)

oceanwoman111
February 17th, 2010, 08:49 PM
First of all, I have to say, Lora 410, you have the hair of my dreams!! Ok. Back to the subject at hand. My hair hates products that contain Coconut. It feels like it just lays on my hair and makes it look dull and lifeless. Maybe it's because my hair is fine to medium so it's just too heavy for my hair. :)

farewell_nancy
February 18th, 2010, 09:43 PM
I'm still learning what works best for my hair. But after years of trying I've finally admitted that I shouldn't be allowed near curlers. My hair is too obliging and I end up with a curly mess I am unfit to deal with. It's down right Shirley Temple.

I do better with pin curls though I could stand to improve there too.

froglet
February 21st, 2010, 11:47 AM
ACV and shampoo bars.
ACV leaves my hair greasy looking, even if I rinse it out. :shrug:
Poo bars leave a terrible coating on my hair and a waxy feel, even if I rinse with rainwater.

Carolyn
February 21st, 2010, 12:35 PM
Chagrin Valley bars. Awful. I love Lush shampoo bars however.

All Aubrey Organics products.

Anything in the Morrocco Method line except for the conditoner sprays.

I wanted to like all these things and gave them all more than one try. But I couldn't deal with the nasty results.

coscass
February 21st, 2010, 12:43 PM
My hair doesn't like cones, as far as I can tell. I stopped using shampoo and started using cone free condish at the same exact time, so I'm not sure exactly which my hair hates more. Could be both for all I know lol. My hair doesn't like to be finger combed, though.

Katurday
February 21st, 2010, 03:46 PM
My hair is happy to welcome most things, but here are a few for the hate list:

- Refined Coconut oil. Not the Virgin stuff, it LOVES the virgin stuff
- Blowdrying. It seems to suck the shine out of it.
- Cones. They look so dull after like 2 days.
- SLS. ITCHY SCALP!
- Airdrying without combing afterward. My hair adores brushes and combs (as long as I'm super gentle)

Other than that, my hair experiments always leave me with super happy hair.

lux_aeterna
February 21st, 2010, 05:36 PM
* Coconut oil
* Emu Oil
* shampoo bars

windchijmes
February 21st, 2010, 06:22 PM
My hair can take quite a bit of stuff, but it cannot tolerate:

1) Conditioning shampoos. I have a very greasy scalp and the stuff just COATS my scalp. Eww.
2) Flimsy plastic combs. I tend to prefer brushes because my hair is thick, but I also combs if they're wooden and just...tough. I've broken way too many plastic combs to count!

clairenewcastle
February 22nd, 2010, 01:09 PM
My hair hates:

Cones
Protein
ACV
Bentonite clay washes

Hairdryers
Central heating
Sub-zero tempartures

MandyBeth
February 22nd, 2010, 04:34 PM
My scalp hates less than daily washing. My hair is of the mind set that as long as I feed it lots of condish, it will more/less behave.

I've given it a month or so now of a trial and my hair HATES the no cone diet.

Boar bristle brushes - My hair looks at them and goes "Split at the ends or in the middle?"

Shampoo bars - I'll keep trying them as DBF uses them, but so far, blech.

Soap nuts - har, har, har. I know they are supposed to be really good with oily hair, but does nothing for mine other than make it an oily mess.

Thin metal sticks or forks - my hair just likes to spit those out.

ACV rinse - ok, that's just me, I hate the smell and won't use it.

S&D - again, just me (and DBF) - too fine of hair, too much hair - makes me cross eyed.

KarpatiiSiv
February 22nd, 2010, 05:15 PM
My hair hates Apple Cider Vinegar rinses, left my hair dull and lifeless.:(

Holly9192
February 23rd, 2010, 11:07 AM
Pantene...any of it.

Locksmith
February 23rd, 2010, 12:23 PM
ACV rinse - ok, that's just me, I hate the smell and won't use it.

Have you tried a citric acid rinse, ooi? It has the same effect but without the smell of ACV :)

zen_oven
February 23rd, 2010, 02:54 PM
Sigh. . . I'm beginning to think my hair hates oiling. It gets so crunchy. It DEFINITELY hates dry, cold air.

NiAosSi
February 23rd, 2010, 02:56 PM
My hair hates:

shampoo bars
cones (my scalp does, my length loves it :( )

DarkChocolate
February 23rd, 2010, 03:08 PM
My hair hates extra virgin olive oil.

Nilaihah
February 24th, 2010, 06:03 AM
My hair hates
-blowdrying
-shampoo bars
-silicon shampoos.. (in past it looks always bad with)
-wearing it down all day
:rolleyes:

Leela613
February 26th, 2010, 01:06 AM
My hair doesn't like

Some oils
Coconut milk
Blowdrying
Cones

Centelleo
February 26th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Olive oil. That stuff makes my hair look like a hot mess.

Kristin
February 28th, 2010, 09:23 AM
Straightening iron. Used to use it all the time, but after a 6 month break it just gets dull and brittle. I'm also thinking it hates shea butter, as much as I keep wanting to try it in a variety of forms. It just gets all sticky and stringy.

greygoth
February 28th, 2010, 09:38 PM
My hair gets sticky with shea butter too, but I recently discovered that if I add small amount to jojoba or a similar oil, and rub it in my palm until they melt together, it works quite well.

cardamom
March 2nd, 2010, 02:22 AM
henna,i think!

habioku
March 2nd, 2010, 03:33 AM
My hair (and scalp) hates:

- 'cones
- alcohol
- gylcerine
- strong tensids
- citric acid

LZYJO
March 2nd, 2010, 09:03 AM
(Groans!) Poo bars........ are THE WORST. Sticky unremoveable coating no matter what I tried....ugh

bkitty09
July 7th, 2010, 07:35 PM
organix nourishing coconut milk shampoo and conditioner

Dragon
July 7th, 2010, 07:43 PM
Anything that isent conditioning.

christine1989
July 7th, 2010, 08:04 PM
My hair hates heat (of course!) but also olive oil, SLS and any kind of henna (actually, the henna isnt terrible it just dosen't work).

eezepeeze
July 7th, 2010, 08:14 PM
My hair hates going without cones. It doesn't like to be washed too often. It doesn't like any Garnier Fructis products. It doesn't like to be brushed or blown dry or touched too much while drying.

rapunzhell13
July 7th, 2010, 09:26 PM
My hair hates being washed, but my scalp disagrees! I strive for a happy medium. :p

HikerTrash
July 7th, 2010, 09:29 PM
Cones. God awful! Leaves my hair all stuck together in chunks as if it was all greasy and hadn't been washed in a year. Can't rinse them out no matter how hard I try.

Down jackets aren't liked by it, either. Gives me static cling.

Lianna
July 8th, 2010, 01:58 AM
Silicones, makes it crunchy.

MandaMom2Three
July 8th, 2010, 08:19 AM
CONES!!!! Limp, lank, greasy hair :puke:

Crackaleen
July 8th, 2010, 08:50 AM
My hair hates being brushed. It also hated when I tried to go no 'poo - the baking soda mix in particular. It doesn't like ACV rinses too often, I can only do them occasionally.

My hair hates being washed, but my scalp disagrees! I strive for a happy medium. :p

And ditto that.

Iron0Maiden
July 8th, 2010, 12:42 PM
My hair HATES heat. I know most hair does but mine responds really bad to it. I know people that heat style everyday and their hair is perfect, but if I do it just a few tomes a week my hair dies lol.