PDA

View Full Version : Soooo what does your hair hate?

Pages : 1 [2]

lundmir
July 8th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Cones, they make my hair look limp and greasy right after I wash it. No thanks.

Cleopatra18
July 8th, 2010, 02:10 PM
My hair HATES brushes so much!!
It also hates the kanechomn jaborandi leave in,it's way too heavy or something
It also hates pantene products (especially the horrible oil replacement thing)

freezerpop
July 8th, 2010, 05:21 PM
My hair hates all types of Fructis conditioner. I don't know what ingredient does it, but every conditioner of theirs that I've tried leaves my hair greasy from my roots to below my ears.

chopandchange
July 8th, 2010, 05:33 PM
I don't know if I've posted on this thread before.

Of the LHC things I've tried, my hair hates:

:( Oil
:( Updos
:( Hair "food" (such as honey, etc)

It only likes:

:) Conditioner
:) Braids, and
:) Wide tooth combs.

It's very clear on what it wants!

jane53
July 8th, 2010, 05:44 PM
My hair hates oils.

Locksmith
July 8th, 2010, 05:55 PM
I've discovered my hair hates the Dr Organic SLS-free shampoo. Horrible stuff, was sticky and hard to use, felt too harsh and left my scalp dry and flaky. :( Also hates shampoo bars unless I use an acid rinse - then it loves them! :D

Loreley
July 9th, 2010, 02:27 AM
My hair hates cones. It feels crunchy and rough. It also hates ACV rinse. After ACV the ends were very dry and sometimes I even had flakes because of it.

HintOfMint
July 9th, 2010, 02:32 AM
Aloe vera gel on wet hair (not mixed with anything)
Protein
Shampoo on length
Cotton pillowcases

BlackVulture
July 9th, 2010, 04:03 AM
Silicones. They turn my hair in to a stringy, limp mess that's impossible to style or manage at all. No matter what length.

sugarpixie10988
July 9th, 2010, 10:15 AM
My hair HATES protein! It seems to be pretty tolerant towards everything else I've tried.

Alvrodul
July 10th, 2010, 06:57 AM
My hair really hates bleach! Wave a bottle of anything containing peroxide at my hair, and it fries! It also views chemical dyes (when I still used those) with deep suspicion, but does not have quite as bad a reaction as with bleach.
It also detests almond oil. I tried it once, my hair got ugly and lank and I had to wash it twice (and with a stronger shampoo than I like to use) to get the stuff out of my hair.

Rosebud_Roboda
July 10th, 2010, 02:23 PM
> hairspray, oh does it ever hate hairspray
> hair de-tangles, the type you spray in kid's hair
>cooperating! my hair is super straight, so it hates going into all those pretty buns I see all you ladies doing... for some reason my hair just starts to stick out a little bit at a time and by the end of the day, there are tons of little pieces are sticking out all over the place :(

@freezerpop: I use Fructis, but I find I only apply from below my ears on, otherwise it'd be to greasy. I'm switching once I use up my (massive) bottle... could be a while though.

rossjen
July 10th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Sadly, my hair doesn't like any oils at all. The slightest drop and it looks lank. Oh, and anything Pantene. Both the shampoos and conditioners seem to damage my hair rather than repair it.
Forgot to add commercial hairdyes: Instant burning scalp irritation. Thank goodness for henna.

Othala
July 10th, 2010, 02:50 PM
Heat is good and so is humidity for my bonce. My hair does not like the cold at all, nor does it like highly scented products including essential oils.

PiroskaCicu
July 10th, 2010, 03:00 PM
Cones = lanky hair that gets oily fast.

pennylane
July 10th, 2010, 05:47 PM
My hair hates humidity hates it!!!!!!!!:angry:

triumphator!
July 10th, 2010, 06:39 PM
My hair hates curling irons. When I unwrap it off the iron it goes limp and straight and makes a big sad face at me.

littlenvy
July 12th, 2010, 11:30 AM
:( Seems like my hair hates everything in a long run. Once in a while I will find something new that it likes, but it never last for long.
so far:
Chlorine
Shampoo
Hairspray (haven't used it since late 1980's)
gel
Hair mousse
oils of any kind
Indian herbs
any kind of "tea" rinses

*sigh* sometimes I get the feeling my hair just wants to be left alone. Funny, because now that I think about it, SO is the only thing that my hair likes. Too bad that I don't like it all that much.

Henrietta
July 21st, 2010, 09:17 AM
CO- because of hair loss
Stretching washes- my hair ostentatiously ignores me and my efforts.
combing when wet- hair loss, but I have to do it before putting on a condish
putting condish on my scalp- hair loss
tea rinsing- dry effect

breezefaerie
July 21st, 2010, 09:36 AM
My hair hates:
Commercial hair dye. Only henna for me as my scalp breaks out with conventional dye.
Heat. My hair is very fragile and can't take heat styling. I do blow dry my bangs but that's it.
Olive oil. It's too much for my hair
SLS. I try to stay away from SLS because it makes me shed!
Brushing. My hair rolls over and plays dead when I've tried to brush it.

fisher2
July 21st, 2010, 09:42 AM
chaz dean .. its on the webpage right now as i type this

Centaur
July 21st, 2010, 10:19 AM
I am still in the process of figuring out what my hair hates.

So far what I think my hair hates includes the following:
+ skipping a hair wash day - itchy scalp and increased hair loss;
+ Nizoral (and probably similar products) - increased hair loss and dull hair;
+ styling products with lots of alcohol and chemicals in it? - my hair seems to dry out, and if I lay down with it in my hair my scalp itches and stings (that can't be good!); and
+ brushing or lots of combing and manipulating my hair - my hair wants me to leave it alone :( If I don't it gets fuzzy and breaks or falls out more.

My hair is also sensitive to the insulin and hormonal and thyroid problems my body has going on. My hair is impatient for me to get my health together. Some hairs gave up on me and jumped ship.:(

Calaelen
July 22nd, 2010, 01:17 PM
olive oil. My hair gets crunchy, dry and gross if I put anything with olive oil in my hair. Also my hair hates honey for some reason. It leaves my hair dry and makes iy feel really weird, almost like post-perm mushy if anyone knows how that feels.

*Aoife*
July 22nd, 2010, 04:20 PM
Judging from the awful experience I'm having, my hair hates aloe vera gel!

Merewen
July 22nd, 2010, 05:11 PM
Organix shampoo and condish. It gets all dry and crunchy and bleeeergh. But it smells sooooo good!

Hairbrush.

Being put into a half-up with an elastic. It tangles so much - I've ripped those things out before :(. Needless to say, that was a PRE-LHC 'do.

sunshine-locks
July 29th, 2010, 05:07 AM
Honey (No matter how well i rinse)
Shampoo -Makes hair dry and brittle, and my scalp itchy
Shea Butter - Makes hair piece-y and lank

Theres probably more but i cannot remember them..

mirth-matter
July 29th, 2010, 02:57 PM
My hair hates being washed anything other than every other day. Every day and it goes crunchy and breaky, and if I skip a washing it starts to shed more.

Amelia
July 30th, 2010, 04:23 AM
In my three months of LHC I found out that my hair hates:

-coconut oil. I tried i really did. I tried to get over the smell (*gags*) but more important, while my length was ok with it, my ends were often dry. I never understood how that happened :shrug:

-traditional shampoos. It irritates my scalp to no end, drives me crazy. I was so happy when i started with SLS and cones free stuff.

-skipping a day in my wash plan. I'm washing every four to five days. If i get to day five, my scalp will remind me that it wants to be washed lol

Long_hair_guy
July 30th, 2010, 04:27 AM
My hairbrush. My hair tries to stop it at all costs.

Jules diamond
July 31st, 2010, 02:01 AM
Hair dye. It feels fine, but it breaks over a couple of days.

christine1989
July 31st, 2010, 02:39 AM
It hates sulfates as well as even the slightest amount of heat.

MsEvans
July 31st, 2010, 10:07 AM
Friction, combs, ACV, and sulfates. My hair gets dry and brittle from any of these.

In2wishin
July 31st, 2010, 11:27 AM
So far the only thing my hair hates is any soap based shampoo (poo bars, castile, etc). It is not as happy with heavier oils (like coconut) as it is with light oils (sunflower) but they don't really harm it....just make it flatter.

lillithnight
August 1st, 2010, 09:14 PM
Well my list isn't really all that massive but my hair hates Sulfates, cones, exceissive heat,me going more then 3 days with out a wash, not hennaing when I promised it I would. I've got my mane pretty happy and all I need now is to find the perfect leave in for both my hair and scalp. Lately my hair has been annoyed with me because it wants me to either PT or henna.

Tabihito
August 1st, 2010, 09:39 PM
Cones, sulfates, and color.

'Cones smooth it down at first, but my hair's a frizzy mess by the end of the day. Not cool at all.

Sulfates make it feel dry and icky, even while in the shower. I had to wash with an SLS shampoo today because of the products my hairdresser used when I went to get a trim, and it felt so gross. I slathered on the conditioner and coconut oil after that, it feels better now.

And color is an odd one. I actually don't appear to have any color-related damage, though I did only dye it once. However, the color itself was supposed to be permanent, and washed out inside of a week. Still got lightened hair because of the peroxide, but the red is pretty much gone. Turns out my hair's not very porous, which makes oiling and such difficult. It's also why CO took a while to work for me, because it had to be an aggregate effect of a few weeks of feeding my hair constant moisture. I only oil to weigh down the frizzies or overnight now.

x0h_bother
August 1st, 2010, 10:10 PM
honey
acv
any gel or cream
brushes
hairspray
dove
pantene
heat
humidity
cone-free
low sls
ME!

Centaur
August 1st, 2010, 10:23 PM
I had to wash with an SLS shampoo today because of the products my hairdresser used when I went to get a trim, and it felt so gross. I slathered on the conditioner and coconut oil after that, it feels better now.

LOL. I did the same thing today. After the hairdresser was done with my hair it didn't even feel like my hair. But, I let her use all those cones in my hair because I let her blow it out straight and needed those heat protectants. After SLS shampoo, deep conditioner, aloe and coconut oil, my hair is back to its wild and crazy self. LOL

Sarahmoon
August 2nd, 2010, 02:30 PM
My hair hates coconut milk. Makes the length greasy and will need a lot of shampoo to get it out.

proo
August 2nd, 2010, 07:21 PM
blow fryering

luxepiggy
August 3rd, 2010, 08:56 AM
My hair hates any and all styling products - gel, hairspray, mousse, anti-frizz spray, volumizing spray, etc. etc. Basically, applying anything to my hair outside of the shower tends to induce major unhappiness.

Eilean
August 3rd, 2010, 09:32 AM
Coconut oil :shrug:

Eilean
August 3rd, 2010, 09:37 AM
Double post (because I did not see the other one show up). Sorry!! :o

Lil Red Vampire
August 3rd, 2010, 11:45 AM
My hair hates "choppy" layers. It loves layers but they have to be cut in the right way. It also hates BedHead products (except for Manipulater).

And it hasn't been liking conditioner without "cones" either....

LMAO @ split at the ends or in the middle?

Same here sister! I can't even get a boar bristle through mine...

ghost
August 3rd, 2010, 05:17 PM
Egg
Baking soda
Honey
SLS shampoo (other sulfates seem to be fine, though...weird)
Shampoo bars
No -cones
and oh yes...bleach. I wish I had tough hair that could survive anything, but it turns out I don't.

Doggynini
August 5th, 2010, 02:26 AM
the dyes!!!

Artsy
August 5th, 2010, 04:06 PM
I guess most of the hated things are listed, like shampoo, bleach, no-cone products. I just want to add one other category that I recently eliminated: leave-ins. All of those creamy leave in conditioners resulted in this ugly matt looking buildup, and I couldn't figure out what was causing it, untill eliminated the whole category. Now my hair is much happier:cheese:
________
Video Review (http://videoreviews.org)

babysteps
August 5th, 2010, 09:46 PM
My hair and scalp are at war, and I'm caught in the middle. My scalp has threatened to be itchy and oily forever if I don't meet its demands for daily shampoo... my hair, meanwhile, says it will turn itself over to the dreaded Tangle Monster if shampoo comes anywhere near it. So far I've managed to mostly keep the peace with massive conditioner bribes and keeping the shampoo as minimal as possible...

Also, went on vacation once and used my friend's Garnier Fructis... oh that was *bad*. I thought someone had replaced the conditioner with floor stripper, my hair was so horrid afterwards.

Any form of brushing/combing/fingercombing while it's still really wet. Yowza. If it's MOSTLY dry I can cautiously begin the detangling process. And it's a process.

Being down when I wear a coat. I have to braid it or pin it up. Windy days are my nemesis.

Generally speaking, if my hair has any sort of chance to tie itself in horrible knots, it'll do it...

Centaur
August 5th, 2010, 09:55 PM
My hair and scalp are at war, and I'm caught in the middle. My scalp has threatened to be itchy and oily forever if I don't meet its demands for daily shampoo... my hair, meanwhile, says it will turn itself over to the dreaded Tangle Monster if shampoo comes anywhere near it. So far I've managed to mostly keep the peace with massive conditioner bribes and keeping the shampoo as minimal as possible...

Also, went on vacation once and used my friend's Garnier Fructis... oh that was *bad*. I thought someone had replaced the conditioner with floor stripper, my hair was so horrid afterwards.

Any form of brushing/combing/fingercombing while it's still really wet. Yowza. If it's MOSTLY dry I can cautiously begin the detangling process. And it's a process.

Being down when I wear a coat. I have to braid it or pin it up. Windy days are my nemesis.

Generally speaking, if my hair has any sort of chance to tie itself in horrible knots, it'll do it...

Wow. Your hair and my hair could be cousins.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

Autumns Veil
August 5th, 2010, 09:56 PM
I've just discovered that my hair hates protein makes it crunchy and brittle.

goldilox
August 5th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Protein makes my hair throw a FIT.

mordiana
August 6th, 2010, 09:43 AM
My hair recently seems to be fine with anything. The only thing it seems to dislike is chemical dye for as far as I know. First of all, it won't stick to my hair. Even extra permanent formula's wash out within 2-3 weeks. Then the worst part comes as my hair will start to break off without even having a new colour. Its been 6-7 years since my last chemical dye and I know I'll néver do that again. (Especially since henna dóes work on my hair and I prefer the colour and texture that gives anyway).

Golden Lady
August 6th, 2010, 09:51 AM
My hair hates SLS, cones and protein- these make my hair very frizzy. My hair loves coconut oil.

Dragon
September 14th, 2010, 04:24 AM
To much protein and to much cones. My hair only likes a little but not much.

luxepiggy
September 14th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Recently discovered that my hair hates glycerine with a vengeance. It transforms my normally sleek, shiny, slippery hair into a tacky, clumpy, nonshiny disaster. Imagine velcro ends, but all over (>(oo)<)

Bene
September 14th, 2010, 09:21 AM
Humidity http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/bene25/smilies/thmad.gif

chelseamichelle
September 14th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Baking soda
Conditioners without cones
CO wash

JCFantasy23
October 7th, 2010, 12:23 AM
My hair hates not getting shampooed daily.
My hair hates conditioning used on the scalp - will lose all body and increase shedding, plus look nasty.
My hair hates going without conditioner and gets dry very fast.
My hair hates using too much oil - at all. It's very picky and can become over-oily quite easily, but never looks oily washed daily and is rather dry (go figure)
My hair hates staying in updos (sigh)
My hair doesn't like cones

JulietCapulet
October 10th, 2010, 04:44 AM
My hair hates being dyed as well as the climate in the city of Miami.

kwaniesiam
October 10th, 2010, 08:02 AM
Bleach, excessive protein, SLS, cones, jojoba oil (skin loves it though), excessive conditioning because it goes limp and flat and looks greasy, and hairspray. Oh, and sleeping on it wet. Since it's so short if I sleep on wet hair I wake up looking like a henna colored dandelion :rolleyes:

bellawave
October 10th, 2010, 09:10 AM
PVP styling gels. Yuck! It gets all dry and nasty.

GrowingGlory
October 10th, 2010, 10:58 AM
Baking soda
ACV
Heat styling
Chemical processes
Henna
Commercial products (excluding organic shampoo and conditioner
Being restrained
Hard water

LittleOrca
October 10th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Scissors. .....

longhairtobe
October 10th, 2010, 01:19 PM
my hair hates dove shampoos/conditioners. it makes it dull and dry

enfys
October 11th, 2010, 09:00 AM
My hair hates cone free products and non-sulphate shampoo. Can you imagine when I tried both at once? :silly: Greasy and flyaway. Blehch.

My hair hates wet and even damp brushing; it never pulls when it's dry.
ETA: Combs! My hair despises combs!

My hair hates growing the bits I want it too so they catch up with the rest...does that count?

audreeov
October 11th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Bobby pins - They break and shoot out of my hair.
Brushes - The little knobby bits on top of the bristles come off in my hair.
Chemical processes - Just saying it causes split ends...
Heat - Same as above.
Being loose - It tangles almost immediately and takes me FOREVER to untangle, even right after a trim.
Light oilings - My hair gets all frizzy and flyaways. I have to use about 1/2 a teaspoon to a teaspoon at the very least.

AstrayStar
October 11th, 2010, 12:47 PM
My hair hates shampoos and co washes: makes my hair limp and heavy. I am just starting to experiment with tea rinses and oiling and so far my hair does not like sesame oil - dried my hair out even more than before I oiled it. My hair does not seem to like straight coconut oil (crunchy), but likes it in Kimberlily's hair butter. :D

So, I have moved since I last posted in this thread and surprisingly a few things have changed for me, my hair still dislikes shampoo, but is more tolerant of co washes, although technically I am doing smt washes after heavy oilings. My hair now loves coconut oil! It is possible I had buildup before and that is why my hair didn't like it? My scalp hates fenugreek, I gave it a try and my scalp got all itchy and sensitive for several days. My scalp is ok with, but my ends hate yogurt - dry dry dry!

ETA: my hair also hates my bike helmet, I try and be gentle but it is always snagging my poor hair :(

FoxRain
October 11th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Sex :lipssealed: Sorry, but honestly my hair dries out and turns into a big pile of old hay. It's not like that ever happens when I'm just sleeping, despite tossing and turning :shrug:

Also other peoples shampoos and conditioners. Honestly, what is wrong with people? I had to borrow my boyfriend's shampoo yesterday (mine is gone. Long story). Now my hair is all dry. Yet his is shiny and nice. Unfair :mad:

bellawave
October 11th, 2010, 06:16 PM
Bobby pins - They break and shoot out of my hair.
Brushes - The little knobby bits on top of the bristles come off in my hair.
Chemical processes - Just saying it causes split ends...
Heat - Same as above.
Being loose - It tangles almost immediately and takes me FOREVER to untangle, even right after a trim.
Light oilings - My hair gets all frizzy and flyaways. I have to use about 1/2 a teaspoon to a teaspoon at the very least.

I was wondering if you had my hair and then I looked at your hair type; close enough. ;) Mine drinks oil like an old car too!

audreeov
October 12th, 2010, 07:16 AM
bellawave, I started using Coconut oil that I got at my local Indian Grocer and the label is all in Arabic, except where it says Coconut oil and Made in the KSA. It is liquid and smells kinda spicy. My hair LOVES it. I think there is some cinnamon oil in it, it makes my hands, belly (I rub extra on my belly since I'm pregnant) and scalp all very warm for a few minutes, and then it fades after a few minutes.

Venefica
October 12th, 2010, 07:49 AM
I have not found anything my hair really hate, it can get a little bit fatty so very oily hair products make me have to wash it again quicker. But my hair really have no problem with anything, even dye no problem. It however do not want to be styled, it is so straight and have such a will of it's own that it will not stay in any sort of arrangement more advanced than a braid or a simple bun and even then I have to redo it several times a day.

Lune d'Loup
December 15th, 2010, 10:47 PM
My hair hates/rebels against me if i use coconut oil, protein products, eggs, hot peppers and coconut milk. i don't know why my hair hates those.

LissaJane
December 16th, 2010, 04:12 AM
Baking Soda and all the conditioner's I've tried, it's also not a huge fan of ACV

Octave
December 16th, 2010, 12:49 PM
My hair hates products without sls and cones...yup :p

Ludde
December 16th, 2010, 10:59 PM
SLS and cones destroys the balance in my hair. Baking soda is .... too ok - it does clean the hair but afterwards my hair is totally numb and won't dare start breathing until about four weeks later.

Love23101
December 16th, 2010, 11:07 PM
My hair dislikes Shampoo. All the shampoos I've used dry out my hair. So I'm sticking to conditioner :)

myria
December 17th, 2010, 10:17 AM
Organic anything (and cone free anything)
Baking soda (makes it brittle)
Coconut oil (crunchy!)

LunarAurora
December 17th, 2010, 10:21 AM
My hair hates aloe, glycerin and rhassul.
Well, if aloe and glycerin are very well diluted in a shampoo it's okay, but for example I can't put an alo&#233;+oil mask on my hair or it will be all crunchy...

xoxophelia
December 17th, 2010, 10:26 AM
My hair hates everything other than jojoba oil and olive oil (but it HAS to be mixed with honey). I have no clue what is up with it..

Angeletti
December 17th, 2010, 01:15 PM
Oils...I have tried olive, coconut, and sesame seed before I gave up. All they did was make my hair a greasy mess forcing me to use shampoo on the length of my hair to get them off which I hate to do.

nena_shawty
December 17th, 2010, 02:10 PM
my hair hates braids... i take the braid out and it just looks horrible and crunchy

Arya
December 17th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Water. Water without shampoo or conditioner that is. If my head gets wet, i get an INSTA greasy look, and all the shorter/broken/baby hairs curl and frizz. It sucks because I can only put my hair up when its wet, but I don't want to wash my hair every day. It limits me to 2 updos a week. :(

DARKMARTIAN
December 17th, 2010, 04:51 PM
My hair hates summer weather where I live. It gets super hot which can cause perspiration just walking to your car. My scalp hates it even worse than my hair does and constantly tells my hair not to worry because it means a nice cool wash is around the corner....

http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt267/DARKMARTIAN/Smilies/Smiley08.gif

My hair isnt particularly too fond of fire either.....http://i618.photobucket.com/albums/tt267/DARKMARTIAN/Smilies/fire.gif
(but thats another story :))

Vapunzel91
December 23rd, 2010, 08:06 PM
My hair hates being styled. It's hard to fight with, and usually takes ten minutes just to put it up in the way I want.

MandaMom2Three
December 23rd, 2010, 08:48 PM
My hair hates protein, aloe, bbbs, cones, brushing (I somehow have to accept this :rolleyes: ), oil on the scalp, touching it while it dries, the wrong conditioners (It's picky), and much more

naturegirl321
December 24th, 2010, 02:51 AM
Cocoa butter, it's waxy and makes my ends stick together.

Ishje
December 24th, 2010, 04:01 AM
my hair seems to hate egg...it dries out when I make a hair mask with egg in it.
feels horrible afterwards.

Anywhere
December 24th, 2010, 08:05 AM
My hair hates cones, leaves it dry and greasy looking. I'm not sure how my hair feels about coconut oil, feels a little crunchy but I haven't experimented long enough to know for sure. I'm blaming it on winter..

My hair is also not fond of excessive protein. Protein makes my hair feel weaker, it stretches/breaks so much more easily. I thought it was supposed to make hair feel strong.

thatjengirl1
January 1st, 2011, 10:39 AM
CO method
too much oil
brushes

NouvelleNymphe2
February 20th, 2011, 04:54 AM
*doing too much (prefers neglect)
*cones
*john frieda products are super drying
*all chemicals (dyes, mousses, hair sprays, etc.)
*all heat (blowfryer, flat iron, etc.)
*shampoo > every 3rd day
*lemon juice in my henna (so drying, shedding)
*unfortunately frequent use of poo bars (build up, drying long term)
*hard water
*harsh handling (brushes, styles)
*razor or clippers to trim hair (it must be in style or something to actually cut hair with clippers here in Avignon. it's been hell trying to get a basic/minimal trim with basic scissors)

Cupofmilk
February 20th, 2011, 06:59 AM
My hair or scalp more precisely, hates SLS-free shampoos. They cause too much build up and an enormous shed in my case.

veganstein
February 20th, 2011, 01:45 PM
baking soda, CO washing, more than 3 days between conditioner.

ladylovecraft
February 20th, 2011, 02:07 PM
No products as of yet I can name.. it didn't like EVOO too much but didn't particularly hate it.

But it HATES getting wet, or me sleeping with it wet, or unbraided at all for that matter.

Trixie33
February 20th, 2011, 05:14 PM
I use an all natural castile soap to wash my hair followed by a vinegar rinse. I have to use an additional conditioner. If I just vinegar rinse my hair gets to dry and I have a lot of breakage.

LisaMonster
February 20th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Sulfaaaates

joyellen
February 20th, 2011, 06:00 PM
My hair hates poo bars. I have hard water so they just leave my hair a waxy, coated mess. It also hates going longer than two days without washing. It gets extremely tangly and breaks easily.

honeyblonde
February 20th, 2011, 06:59 PM
My hair hates: aloe vera gel, shea butter, sulfates, protein, clarifying. :(

Ishje
February 21st, 2011, 01:54 AM
my hair seems to hate egg.
it makes my hair very dry.

krissykins
February 21st, 2011, 07:53 AM
Definitely honey and glycerin. But it loves moisture from oils and conditioners! Gosh, you are silly, Hair. :p

Silverdragn7385
February 21st, 2011, 08:28 AM
So far, the only thing that I can tell that my hair hates is sulfate-free shampoo...though I admit, I've only tried one brand. It made my hair look and feel horrible.

nena_shawty
February 21st, 2011, 08:48 AM
my hair hates braids lol.. and acv ...shampooo i wash my hair once a week with shampoo and its just drys my hair out alot.. no shine.. dry ends but at the same time oily

homeschoolmama
February 21st, 2011, 09:09 AM
I think my hair hates just about everything.

* Cones are nice for once in a great while, but over time they cause serious buildup & breakage.
* Baking soda makes my scalp burn & my hair get all dry & break.
* SOME proteins cause my hair to break & get dry... others seem to be okay.
* Water-only makes my hair look greasy - which is odd because my hair is naturally DRY!
* Blowfryers & curling irons turn my hair into dry crackly straw.
* Combs - while my hair loves just about every GOOD brush I've tried, I can't comb my hair with any type of comb... or it will break.
* Hats... when I MUST wear a hat whether to protect my scalp in summer or to retain heat in winter, my hair "fights back" by snapping.
* and this might sound odd, but my hair hates any attempt to curl it. Nothing works, and the act of winding it around curlers & such just cause the ends too much stress & it will break

And this isn't my hair but my body - but I've got a ton of allergies... some to manufactured ingredients but some to natural ingredients as well, so I need to watch what goes in my hair very carefully. It makes switching shampoos/conditioners rather tricky.

Luna12345
February 22nd, 2011, 10:31 PM
my hair does not like too much protein. Alot of people get good results from using mayonaise in their hair as a treatment, but I'll never forget how disgustingly stiff it made my hair.
Also I was recently using conditioner with protein and my hair was so crunchy, as soon as I switched to another conditioner my hair became normal again. my hair also dislikes too much product because i get build up so fast....and it loves being super clean cuz the day I shampoo is always my prettiest hair day. =)

My hair loves ACV. It always makes my hair super shiny, and amazingly less frizzy.
Coconut oil is my hairs best friend!

gypsymoth
February 23rd, 2011, 08:47 PM
Flowery-smelling shampoos. Blech.

goldcopperbrown
February 24th, 2011, 12:03 AM
Weird, but my hair hates anything sulfate-free. It makes it thinner, limp, oily, and dry all at the same time.

Fethenwen
February 24th, 2011, 12:17 AM
My hair doesn't seem to like it when I do too much, less is more. Ok, I really need to remind myself -LESS IS MORE! :p

Also it likes changes in routine once in a while, sometimes it's better not to do anything at all and only use water. Sometimes shampoo can be what saves it, or clarifying. Sometimes herbs is just what it needs, sometimes oiling or not oiling etc.
Getting stuck in one routine for too long makes it tangly and full of build up or too dry and just plain horrible.

wavykisses
February 24th, 2011, 03:43 PM
My hair hates cones I used them and in just a couple of days my hair
is dry, dull looking with a lot of knots, they build up on me in a snap.
Shea butter also builds up on my hair very fast
Olive oil over condition my hair, it drinks the oil in no time even a couple of drops
and makes my hair so flat/limp looking like gum.
Any any condish if I leave it too long over conditions my hair and here comes limp looking again.
VO5 fragances are too strong from me and make my scalp itchy

wavykisses
February 24th, 2011, 03:46 PM
I forgot my hair doesn't like ACV rinses either:rolleyes:
I had color changes from ACV and white vinegar also.
For now my hair just loves coconut and light oils.

SwordWomanRiona
February 24th, 2011, 03:52 PM
Conditioner (any kind). My hair doesn't need it and it protests by getting greasy.
Combs outside the realm of roots. Only brushes and fingers for the rest, or I'm done.
Woollen jumpers :) My hair's so fine it gets charged nearly immediately as I take them out, and drat it, it gets unmanageably tangled!! But I have to wear woollen jumpers in Winter...three-strand braid or updo when taking them off.

Ais
February 24th, 2011, 07:41 PM
I found out recently that my hair apparently despises Timotei products - it became so dry that I was convinced I was going to have to chop a few inches, but luckily an accidental swap to a Pantene condish saved my ends.
It also hates any level of humidity above, oh, about 0%. It searches for moisture in the air and then pouts for days if it finds any.
It goes insane when subjected to chlorine or dyes with bleach in them too, but find me hair that likes those?

lyria
February 24th, 2011, 09:22 PM
Tea tree oil/anything. I tried Giovanni's TTTT and had shedding. It's the only thing that has ever caused that kind of reaction for me!

pink.sara
February 25th, 2011, 04:51 AM
My hair hates me.

I can't resist the urge to bleach dye and straighten. I am kind of like the anti-LHC traditionalist. I love cones, chemicals and radical changes from my natural. :o

Lianna
February 26th, 2011, 02:49 AM
Coconut oil and honey.

Malaguena
February 26th, 2011, 12:45 PM
I think my hair hates styling products. Everything I've tried from gels to mousses to hairspray and what not, my hair just gets incredibly tangled. Or maybe I'm just useless at styling! Either way, I don't really mind as I've currently started WO and don't use styling products anyway.

lillyofthecelts
March 2nd, 2011, 09:43 PM
My hair and mainly my scalp hate products with nickel ingredients! I am allergic to nickel and get terrible headches and rashes; ouch!

et--cetera
March 2nd, 2011, 09:49 PM
The wind...oh wait, maybe that's just me.

My hair hates lying flat when in a ponytail. I always have little flyaways at my hairline.

UP Lisa
March 4th, 2011, 12:56 PM
My hair hates to be combed or brushed. It rebels by tangling up all the more. Then it breaks when I try to untangle it.

Unofficial_Rose
March 4th, 2011, 12:59 PM
My scalp really hates that Body Shop rainforest stuff.

My hair hates chemical dyes of any description, and flat-ironing makes it commit suicide!

Nymph
March 4th, 2011, 02:07 PM
Parabenes! (actually, that would be my scalp)
Fructis and Pantene.

smileycat
March 5th, 2011, 07:31 AM
CO, and don't get me started on how my SCALP reacts to CO!
SMT leaves it extremely fragile.
'cones make my ends stick together in a way that terrifies me when I try to separate them.

leandrahime
March 5th, 2011, 01:52 PM
CO makes my scalp itch and feel greasy within 12 hours.

PROTEIN! it ABHORS protein. Makes everything feel like a bale of straw!

EbonyCurls
March 5th, 2011, 03:34 PM
Build up on scalp. Oil....any oil, any amount.

Safira
March 8th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Wind, sun and too much oil.

linnepinne
March 8th, 2011, 01:57 PM
My hair hates:

SLS! It's official now, I can't use shampoo.
Proteins (includes eggs, mayo, and some types of honey)
Cones
Dryer types of oils (ends get cruchy and dry)
Too much of any oilI think that's it.. so far :) I'm still experimenting with new products and routines.

katienoonan
March 8th, 2011, 02:06 PM
Build up on scalp. Oil....any oil, any amount.

These! And Baking soda.... Ebony curls, your hair is so beautiful! :o

Grejs
March 10th, 2011, 09:42 AM
Baking soda - makes my hair dry.
WO - just doesn't work for me.
Rain or snow - frizzy!
Not brushing - tangled mess.
And im sure I will find more stuff my hair doesn't like as I go along with trying different hairroutines :p

constancev18
March 13th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Cowashing & over manipulation in general.

Finnenna
March 14th, 2011, 12:21 PM
Baking soda, ACV, Dr. Bronner's Shikaki shampoo, Dr Bronner's Conditiner rinse, and his leave-in conditioner. D: I will have to go back to regular shampoos, as the natural thing just isn't working for me.

Gingervitis
March 17th, 2011, 11:29 AM
My hair has a mind of its own...
Hates Egg washes!
BS and ACV rinses
shampoo in general
oil shampoo
chlorine
being washed or tampered with more than twice a week max.
Avocado
too much EVO
sometimes i just see no differences...its especially hard to tell if it has more frizz or fly aways than usual since its curly...its always frizzy. even when i put gel in it.

Neneka
March 17th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Too much protein
SLS
Beer (It's better to just drink it)

baaaad_kitty
March 20th, 2011, 08:05 AM
anything with alcohols
super organic products with almost no oils (the ones that feel like water when added in the shower)
tea rinses!
BS then little WV rinse
boar bristle brush. hello static!

LadyinTheMeads
March 21st, 2011, 05:23 PM
Straight honey or molasses. It makes my hair dry and crunchy unless it's mixed with conditioner.

Fingolphin
March 21st, 2011, 05:25 PM
Wind. Definitely wind. It's fine-ish so it tangles easily and just feels so dry after it's been in the wind.

LadyG
March 21st, 2011, 05:32 PM
SLS
Coconut Oil
Garnier Fructice - anything
L'oreal sulfate free shampoo (my hair fell out)

xovictoryxo
April 17th, 2011, 07:39 PM
protein, non silicone conditioners, CO washing, Egg white rinses, ACV, clarifying shampoos.

racrane
April 17th, 2011, 09:24 PM
My hair hates anything that tangles it - especially wind. And heat (blow dryers, etc).

Ithildae
April 18th, 2011, 02:42 AM
CO --> leads to coated hair
Blowdrying led to a mass of flyaways

Calaelen
April 18th, 2011, 07:35 AM
My hair hates olive oil. It hates it so much I can't even use products that have a little in it. It makes my hair dry, crunchy, and just awful looking. Other oils do not do this. Honey is another one that my hair can't stand. It goes into a dry, crunchy, flyaway fit if I use either of these.

It also hates just about every shampoo and conditioner under the sun, though it does like the new "Pure Clean" Garnier line, and my new favourite is Herbal Essences Self Targeting.

louisemg82
April 18th, 2011, 07:59 AM
CO washes - so lanky
indigo - recently discovered that this really dries it out which is awful because I love the colour
heat
wind
bananas - just don't work for me!

Greenhousegirl
April 18th, 2011, 08:10 AM
CO, though my version of CO was like in between CO and CWC. (super oil hair within 24 hours, unless i washed every day due to naturally oily hair, hair had a dull tacky look to it)
any kind of "Shampoo" from the store. (result dandruff, tangles, and eczema flares)

LadyG
April 18th, 2011, 08:10 AM
Aussie's 3 minute miracle. Talk about crunchy, wiry and velcro ends.

Venefica
April 18th, 2011, 08:19 AM
My hair hates wool, as soon as we take in a wool blanket my hair start getting tangles of doom which take me hours to untangle. And then once I am done carefully untangling my hair, what do I find? A few fibers of wool binding a few hairs together causing the whole thing.

TheBluffs
April 18th, 2011, 08:42 AM
Heavy oils. :/ Makes my hair look greesy for DAYS.

elbow chic
April 18th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Baking soda. I dabbled in "no poo" awhile back and my hair looked and felt flatly disgusting. Oily and painful up top, dried to hell down below. And while I believe the vinegar smell dissapates for some people, it didn't for me! I ran back to the pantene faster than you can say "screw Mother Earth."

Garnier products. I bought a Garnier Fructis shampoo/conditioner like ten years ago; even now the smell brings back a wave of disastrous hair memories.

Wind! Salt water! Sand! The beach is a nightmarish place for my poor hair.

Also, ANYTHING with the word "volumizing" on the label. Dear God in heaven, I do not need any more hair volume at this point in my life.

wavyR
April 18th, 2011, 03:17 PM
Honey in the wintertime. I can use it in the summer no problem.
Soy protein
SLS shampoos on a regular basis.

CurlyNaomi
April 18th, 2011, 05:48 PM
My hair hates proteins (only can use a bit once in a while) non solube cones, brushing and harsh shampoos

saera
April 19th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Mayo =/
Makes me hair look and feel like crap Y-Y

|Xei
April 19th, 2011, 11:23 PM
My hair hates fresh, natural hair masks. By that description, I mean something like mashing up an avocado, mixing it with eggs/oils, and using that as a conditioning treatment. My hair becomes stiff, dull and difficult to comb through and the treatment is difficult to get out of my hair no matter how well I blend the mix before putting it on. Admittedly, I haven't tried very many of these types of treatments, but from the troubling experiences I've had, it's just not worth it to try other variations.

gthlvrmx
April 19th, 2011, 11:41 PM
So far im starting to think coney stuff!
Suave Conditioner
Mane n Tail! In general, protein is too much right now, i can only take in moderate amounts until it causes build up
Sleek and Shine Shampoo was complete horror in my hair.
Castor oil is barely OK. It helps growth, but certainly the stickiness and shedding is a terrible no for me.
Brushing is a straight darn no.
Combing only and only when wet, dry...I turn into Tarzan.
Gels and hairsprays are really bad in my hair, even if i apply a little, i can tell i had it in after a good wash.
Heavy oils. I can only take lighter oils to retain the big curls and smooth feel without it turning into a greasy limp lump.

gthlvrmx
April 19th, 2011, 11:45 PM
I've just discovered that my hair hates protein makes it crunchy and brittle.

Same here, same here.

Emo~Flowers
April 22nd, 2011, 06:48 PM
Me.
My hair just plainly hates me.
I need to tame this beast.

fluffypuffy
April 25th, 2011, 04:25 PM
Coconut oil. It's also fussy about how often I wash. Every day is too much, but if there are more than 2 days in between washes, my hair will revolt.

Theobroma
April 26th, 2011, 09:58 AM
Shampoo. I bless the day I found out about CO washing. My hair says sulfates are eeevil.

Cones. Can't remember what they did as it's been so long since I used them, but they made me give up conditioner entirely for years.

Also, essential oils. They make my hair crunchy.

Amber_Maiden
November 4th, 2011, 07:29 PM
Shea butter, any oils, honey...

Plume
November 5th, 2011, 02:00 AM
Generally oils are not the best on my hair, and if I use them a few drops is a maximum.
Sidr: either my hair can't stand it or I can't use it well, which is a pity because sidr is supposedly a good way for the indigo not to bleed

Jing
November 5th, 2011, 03:12 PM
The Body Shop's Rainforest line. I'm hoping the shampoo can be used as a body wash, because I'm never putting that stuff in my hair again.
Black tea rinses.
Fructis strengthening shampoo.
Rooibos.

Maraz
November 5th, 2011, 04:00 PM
Riding in a jeep with the top down. Never again. Never, ever ever.

Navydoc_76
November 6th, 2011, 06:05 AM
banana. my hair absolutely HATES banana! lol.. tried it once, and it felt like stiff straw..

louiba
November 7th, 2011, 06:23 AM
the wind is just about the worst thing that can happen to my hair, if unprotected. also, plastic brushes and combs are a recipe for disaster.

Adora
November 7th, 2011, 08:13 AM
I really think my hair hates everything I have read about here and tried. Oils, shampoo bars, stretching the length of time between washes. My hair is happiest if I wash every 1 to 2 days with regular shampoo and conditioner. It's manageable, my scalp is happy and it's just generally easier to deal with.

PinkyCat
November 7th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Aloe! Hates aloe with a passion.

Diamond.Eyes
November 7th, 2011, 06:30 PM
My hair *does not* like protein. I will never put honey in my hair again. No matter how diluted it is, or if I clarify my hair afterwards; my ends have always ended up being dry and crunchy from using it. Maybe that's just my hair telling me I don't need protein :shrug:.

ImperatrixMundi
November 8th, 2011, 06:18 AM
Most shampoo's and hairdressers... it definitely hates hairdressers.

Crysania
November 8th, 2011, 07:53 AM
indigo, makes my hair really dry

isabelx
November 8th, 2011, 08:13 AM
Protein
Coconut Oil
EVOO

drquartz1970
December 11th, 2011, 04:26 PM
hot humid weather

kidari
December 11th, 2011, 04:43 PM
It hates being bleached. When it's dark it's soft and shiny and the moment it's lightened it turns to straw. I need to learn my lesson.

isabelx
December 11th, 2011, 04:55 PM
Cotton pillow cases, especially when it's left down shudder:
Coconut oil
Shampoos without sulfates
Cones
Protein
Brushes

Mina17
December 11th, 2011, 04:59 PM
My hair hates

Cones: frizzy & flyaway the first day, greasy and lank the next
Argan oil: even the slightest amount just sits on top of my hair looking greasy
CO: massive shedding
Shampooing less than every other day: massive shedding
Glycerin: frizz
Shampoo bars: clumped, matted up mess

Helene
December 11th, 2011, 09:49 PM
None cone conditioners & Brushing

lolot
December 11th, 2011, 09:52 PM
oils i really want them to work because my hair tends to dry and tangle but i look dirty and i shed a lot

almond
December 11th, 2011, 10:02 PM
Mine hates baking soda, shampoo bars and cone free conditioners.

Miss Catrina
December 11th, 2011, 11:06 PM
Daily washing with sulfates + cotton pillowcases = bad. I would wake up each day with the most frizzy painfully dry looking bed head that it hurt to look at.

kme81
December 11th, 2011, 11:52 PM
Suave conditioners...they make a horribly dry, tangled, clumpy mess of my hair. :(

I suppose that that means my hair likes cones, but I haven't tried non-Suave cone-free conditioners, so I won't say that as a definite claim. :)

dwell_in_safety
December 12th, 2011, 09:43 AM
My hair dislikes 'cones, and occasionally when I used shampoo I'd run out of conditioner and have to wait a couple showers to get more while still shampooing. It really hated that.

aisha.christine
December 12th, 2011, 10:22 AM
'Cones
Baking Soda
Any kind of styling product
Almost every kind of leave-in, especially chemically based ones
Aloe vera gel or juice
Sufates.
Exposing it to the elements. (wind, rain, heat.... nature feuds with my hair)

Hair can be so finicky sometimes

cooklaezo13
December 12th, 2011, 03:48 PM
My hair hates soap, especially castile soap.
My hair hates blow drying, and I presume other forms of heat like flat-ironing, but I haven't tried those.
My hair hates henna when not followed by deep conditioning. This leads to major dryness.
My hair and scalp hate sulfates.
My hair hates too much moisture and not enough protein! My hair soaks up protein like a sponge.

Hollyfire3
December 12th, 2011, 03:56 PM
Humidity, the blow fryer and the flat iron because it takes too long and just doesnt stay. Oh, and proteins as of lately.

Carissamarie08
December 15th, 2011, 12:17 PM
My hair hates any kind of protein..
It just cause my hair to be brittle and not soft at all.

serin blackwood
December 16th, 2011, 10:20 AM
I have yet to find anything my hair loves, so I guess it hates everything...
I joined LHC to help me find some method it doesn't hate :)

door72067
December 16th, 2011, 11:44 AM
I'm still working on figuring out what my hair doesn't like, but I believe too much protein will end up high on the list

any product that says "moisturizing" has always made my hair so dry and frizzy and I could never figure out why but I am beginning to think it is from the proteins

dili
December 16th, 2011, 11:46 AM
flat iron and wind,it get better without cones, but not bad with them...any bleach or hair straighment make my hair awful

RapunzelKat
December 16th, 2011, 11:54 AM
Ooo, protein... My hair HATES it!!! I learned this recently after joining LHC and making some product changes, and it has made my life much easier. My hair is and always will be tangle-prone, but getting rid of my protien-heavy product has made it SO much more cooperative. Protein makes it even more tangly, and the tangles cling to each other to make more, bigger tangles, and then they don't want to come out! :rolleyes:

Also, wind - it also makes my hair amazingly tangly. I have not gone out in the wind with my hair down for years. I'm pretty sure I would never be able to get the tangles out at this point, due to my length.

nobeltonya
December 16th, 2011, 12:06 PM
My hair also hates a lack of cones. I can't comb it, and it just looks horrible if I don't condition and use my leave-in with cones. It also hates not washing it.. can't do it. I have to wash every day. Nothing gets through it dry, or it feels like I'm ripping out the ends. I can only comb/brush wet [freshly washed] or oiled.

Oksana
December 17th, 2011, 04:58 AM
Ooo, protein... My hair HATES it!!! I learned this recently after joining LHC and making some product changes, and it has made my life much easier. My hair is and always will be tangle-prone, but getting rid of my protien-heavy product has made it SO much more cooperative. Protein makes it even more tangly, and the tangles cling to each other to make more, bigger tangles, and then they don't want to come out! :rolleyes:

Also, wind - it also makes my hair amazingly tangly. I have not gone out in the wind with my hair down for years. I'm pretty sure I would never be able to get the tangles out at this point, due to my length.

My hair also hates protein. If i condition with a protein conditioner more than once, the ends of my hair feel crunchy and the tangles are ridiculous.

It also hates cones, shampoo and heat.

Astraea
June 17th, 2012, 01:07 AM
Protein - becomes a broom and falls out

-cones - looks shiny, feels hard

Glycerin - moisturizing at first then becomes a vampire sucking moisture from my hair and probably even my brain

Heat - my hair can tolerate some but the amount required for straightening is overkill and can permanently straighten (burn) my hair. Also, I don't like the idea of my beautiful coils stretched out and fried

Sulfates - dry and bristly hair results

Daily complicated styles - my ends snap off

Pulling on my hairline - it's quite sensitive and can only tolerate the lightest, loosest styling

Anything over a pH 8.0 - raises my cuticles like a porcupine

My hair is pretty picky, huh?

Astraea
June 17th, 2012, 01:08 AM
Double Post!

auburntressed
June 17th, 2012, 01:17 AM
The only thing I have identified that my hair absolutely, passionately hates is: Conditioner.

Doesn't matter if it has protein, no protein, cones, no cones, or whatever else. Every type of conditioner I have every applied to my hair makes it instantly greasy in a manner that resembles a sort of... film or goo coating it. It won't rinse out. bleh.

Coincidentally, I've applied cones in the form of Moroccan Oil, and my hair had no issues with that at all. And it's never had a problem with protein that I know of as it seems to also respond quite well to coconut oil.

It is only conditioner that my hair vehemently hates. My scalp hates conditioner also, and I tend to cater to my scalp before the rest of my hair gets any consideration.

Xila
June 17th, 2012, 06:04 AM
Finally, someone else who's hair hates conditioner! I thought mine was the only one! :D

So, yeah... That being said, my hair hates just about anything resembling a commercial conditioner. With and without protein, cones, etc. Doesn't matter. It's been a while since I last used one, but if I remember right, it gave my hair a really strange, dry texture. Made it feel.. not greasy, but... dirty? coated? Not sure how to describe it. Made it look frizzy, too, to boot. Even rinse-outs give it that effect, let alone leave-ins. Doesn't come out on it's own, either. Needs to be washed out more than once, often even clarified out. This was actually what brought me to LHC; I finally got sick of it!

Ditto on any kind of non-conditioner-but-still-comercial-product. Heat protectants, styling products, masks, curling serum, deep treatments, etc.

However, my hair responds pretty well to natural methods. Tea rinses, oils, cassia; the like. So I use only a natural shampoo and oils. Works well for me. Still, it sure seems like my hair hates a lot of things, but I guess it's just one really big umbrella of things that it hates.

Vampyria
June 17th, 2012, 09:50 AM
My hair hates:

Baking soda and vinegar rinse (together or separate). After, hair was shine-less, felt like straw, stiff and it started to break faster. Also, shedding increased when I used baking soda.

SLS and SLES- to drying for my hair

Heat- the ends lose all the softness, get stiff and start to break and split

Protein- I used Joico K-PAK Deep-Penetrating Reconstructor a couple of times when my hair was damaged. I used it every other week and the third time (each time I left it on for about 3 minutes) my hair started to break like crazy.

Not washing every 4 days- my scalp gets oily and hair starts to fall off in bigger amounts.

I'm not sure about cones... I just know that when I stopped using them, I almost got a heart attack, because I finally saw the condition my hair was in. My hair was softer after using it, but it just masked all the damage, not repair it.

XcaliburGirl
June 17th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Honey! Every time I've tried something with honey, I get fuzzy, too-soft hair.

Iolanthe13
June 17th, 2012, 10:08 AM
Coconut oil - though I wasn't cone-free yet when I tried it. I couldn't seem to get the amount right; either my hair was really oily, or crunchy and dry-feeling. Fortunately my skin loves it, though, so that jumbo-size container won't go to waste :)

Sulfates, without an SMT after - my scalp itches like crazy, then gets oily too quickly, while the rest of my hair shrivels up.

Heat, more than once or twice a month.

Sticky leave-in conditioners.

irishlady
June 17th, 2012, 10:12 AM
My hair hates going without cones, I get horrible dry tangly ends.

Tisiloves
June 17th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Cone-free-can't brush my hair without cones.

Combs- either skip the knots or shred my hair.

Pantene- My hair's fine, my scalp's on fire.

BrightEyes
June 17th, 2012, 10:42 AM
Coconut oil as a leave-in (I do love to use it before getting highlights). It does nothing but make my hair limp and greasy.

Also aloe Vera gel. It makes my hair very dry and frizzy.

leilasahhar
June 17th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Bleach! cones, washing too often, mineral oil.

Pixieish
June 17th, 2012, 07:33 PM
Protein treatments and SMTs (I think it's the honey, my hair loves conditioner and aloe) :x

Natalia
June 17th, 2012, 07:52 PM
off the top of my head ;) -
cones - give me 6 hours after application and ill give you a waxy rats nest
hard water - itchy scalp nasty coated feeling
nearly all detergent shampoo - it ranges between a bad case of the itches to blistering and peeling
jojoba oil - kind of like cones nice up front evil waxy coating/tangles later
brushing - anything other than a bbb gives me more splits and damage
pretty much any mainstream treatment or dye - i have ALOT of allergies simple and natural just agrees with me better

the rest i can think of im still trying to figure out. my hair has a split personality part 1 virgin roots doesnt like the same thing as part 2 my mid length that had been dyed a few times and that doesnt like the same as part 3 the ends which have been dyed alot. so my hair can be tempermental depending on what part gets what treatment.

longNred
June 17th, 2012, 08:00 PM
Olive oil results in hair that looks like I brushed it with a pork chop. No good.

akilina
June 18th, 2012, 12:03 AM
My hair hates....me.

Littlewing13
June 18th, 2012, 01:12 AM
Oils. Makes my roots greasier but not much effect on ends. Causes build up.

soapnuts. Makes my hair shiny but doesn't work as shampoo.

Nellon
June 18th, 2012, 01:26 AM
So far my hair hates cones (weighs it down), not being pre oiled before washing (crunchy crunchy ends), sls schampoo (gets dirty quickly after washing) and all kinds of chemical harsh hairdyes (uack!) and it also gets really weighed down if I put conditioner on the roots and scalp.

Kittykins
June 18th, 2012, 02:49 AM
My hair hates:
I love juicy shampoo from lush. Frizz and fly-away city!
My hair likes cassia but my scalp felt like it was on fire.
No 'poo. So dry. X_X

IvanaGil
June 21st, 2012, 01:41 AM
Wind! My hair becomes a giant dread when the wind gets involved :(

tiarefleur
June 21st, 2012, 02:28 AM
My hair likes cones (softer and shinier) and jojoba oil (same reason). I find that with coconut oil in overnight oilings I have to be really careful not to use too much or it just does horrible things to my hair. Otherwise it's great.

NoRush
June 21st, 2012, 06:27 AM
My hair hates:

-super coney conditioners, it feels soft and all but heavy and sort of "pasty".
-Pantene anything, don't know why, I used it a lot as a teen then one day it started making my hair look unwashed from second one. And it's not just the conditoners, my mom uses it and loves it, I can never steal her shampoo when I visit -_-u
-Wind, gets suuuuuper tangly:rolleyes:

afu
June 21st, 2012, 06:35 AM
My hair hates:
- Shampoo
- Olive oil, rapeseed oil
- Deep treatments or oilings applied to wet/damp hair for longer than an hour
- PROTEIN
- honey (wire brush ends)
- combs (TT or finger combing only)

ariesfairies
June 21st, 2012, 06:42 AM
Combs combs combs!
I think my hair wishes it allowed me to brush it while wet more :( Despite it being more prone to damage when wet, brushing and combing out my hair has never been a pleasant experience for me.

And certain conditioners I realised, have been terrible..

Ice Fox
June 21st, 2012, 07:12 AM
My hair hates:

Going longer than every other day without washing (goes frizzy)
BC/ACV (goes frizzy)
Tea rinses(goes really frizzy)
Any harsh chemical intervention(goes frizzy - falls off!)
Being shorter than shoulder length ( not so much frizzy as bleh)
Being brushed (if done upsidedown as per GM method - think 'finger in socket')
Going out in damp/wet/windy conditions (goes frizzy and super tangled)

I hate my hair:

Going frizzy!

Lucky_Lucy
June 22nd, 2012, 04:48 PM
The thing my hair hates the most:
HONEY.
I also hate it, and my hair inherited this lol.
It also hates:
-ammonia
-very very very very coney conditioners
-(surprisingly) conditioners that have no cones(or maybe the brand I tried wasn't that great, I'll make sure to try something else too, like Aussie - me and my hair just love that brand)
-very tight buns/ponytails

ladylowtide
June 22nd, 2012, 04:59 PM
My hair hates:
-lemon juice
-cones
-CO
-sulphates
-being brushed (can only get away with once weekly BBBing right before washing)
-being combed (with a comb)
-changing part, or direction
-heat, of any kind.

JellyBene
June 22nd, 2012, 07:48 PM
Heat, hairspray, sulfates, CO (makes me shed masses!), bobby pins.

patienceneeded
June 22nd, 2012, 07:50 PM
Mainly my hair/scalp hates SLS/SLES. Other than that, I can tolerate most things. Certain brands cause me issues, some fragrances, but my hair isn't overly picky.

Dovetail
June 22nd, 2012, 08:31 PM
Most likely my aggressive brushing. I'm getting better at it, but some times it gets knotted and I get frustrated. I haven't run into a product that it hates yet really....

Those "shine" glosses make it super greasey looking though.

Lisabunny
June 22nd, 2012, 09:04 PM
Live Clean Bali oil treatment - stiff, crunchy disaster!

ScarletRose
June 22nd, 2012, 10:21 PM
I haven't found much that my hair doesn't like yet, but I know for sure that it doesn't like going more than a couple days without being washed, and it doesn't like the brush I use right now, it makes my hair staticky. I definitely need a new brush lol.

fuzzyp11
June 22nd, 2012, 10:59 PM
water! cant touch my hair it almost murders my scalp with all the pulling but when its dry my brush slides right through! it also hates conditioner and expensive shampoo... but worst of all it hates not being played with lol if i dont braid it or do something with it it will frizz up the next day!

Nefcerka
September 18th, 2023, 09:10 AM
Ah, my hair seems to hate leave-ins. They make it look greasy, stringy, heavy, and they make it unbelievably tangly. I currently use all sorts of leave-ins, I force them on my hair, but I think I have to just stop...

foreveryours
September 18th, 2023, 09:12 AM
WATER! Instant tangles

TatsuOni
September 18th, 2023, 10:44 AM
Sulfates, silicones and dry climate.

ETJ CURLS
September 19th, 2023, 06:59 AM
Sun-in (found that one out that the hard way) chlorine, raw oils, gel, and most recently, me and curl creams have broken up.

lapushka
September 19th, 2023, 08:28 AM
Sulfate-free anything. And alcohol denat. is no good for styling!

SandyBottom
September 19th, 2023, 05:16 PM
It hates an oily scalp, wind, dry climate.

Purple Ink
September 21st, 2023, 11:27 AM
These last few months conditioner, strangely enough (my lengths get dry easily). I had to clarify 2 out of 3 washes and had to wash every 2-3 days to be able to use conditioner, and the problem came back even after I switched products. I gave up and now use oil before getting in the shower.
It also doesn't like to be handled to much. I have 2, max 3 tries to do my hair for the day, after that it either becomes super greasy out of nowhere, a huge poofy tangled mess, or both.

Ylva
September 22nd, 2023, 05:37 AM
Besides the obvious stuff,

my scalp hates: pearlesque shampoos, stretching washes

my hair hates: friction.

Can't really come up with anything else my now mostly natural and easy-going hair would be strictly against. :hmm: Then again, I've not much experimented with it either, so I probably haven't discovered those things. But that's totally fine!

patchoulilove
September 22nd, 2023, 10:12 AM
These last few months conditioner, strangely enough (my lengths get dry easily). I had to clarify 2 out of 3 washes and had to wash every 2-3 days to be able to use conditioner, and the problem came back even after I switched products. I gave up and now use oil before getting in the shower.
It also doesn't like to be handled to much. I have 2, max 3 tries to do my hair for the day, after that it either becomes super greasy out of nowhere, a huge poofy tangled mess, or both.

Just wanted to say I relate to this a lot.

My scalp hates CO wash.
My hair and scalp both hate hard water.
Currently experimenting with increasing my washing schedule.

angel-baby
September 22nd, 2023, 10:37 AM
CO-washing, going longer than 3 days without a wash (that’s mostly my scalp), wind, friction from fabrics, being brushed, dehydration.

Not brushing except right before a shower was a hard pill to swallow but it made a difference.

Purple Ink
September 22nd, 2023, 12:35 PM
Just wanted to say I relate to this a lot.

My scalp hates CO wash.
My hair and scalp both hate hard water.
Currently experimenting with increasing my washing schedule.

It does sound like we have a very similar hair type!

Shorty89
September 22nd, 2023, 06:08 PM
Finger combing and silicones.

Fornarina
October 8th, 2023, 05:18 AM
Herbal Essences Shampoo.

Gwenselenia
October 8th, 2023, 05:50 AM
Shampoo bars, sulfate-free shampoos, bleaching, heavy styling products, CO washing.

mochichichi
October 10th, 2023, 12:50 PM
Coconut oil

ketayumi
October 10th, 2023, 02:29 PM
Olive oil (but thats prolly everyones hair cause its too thick to absorb)
straight up castor oil
being loose when i’m working
blunt scissors
soaking in too much salt water
ppl who waste my time
people pleasing
going longer than 4 days without a wash
no-poo method
lightening sprays/peroxide
ACV rinses

Kelp
October 12th, 2023, 05:30 PM
Coconut oil on the scalp as it encourages so much shedding. I think even shampoos with coconut oil cause shedding, but it may be a coincidence.

Scrunching even though my hair is wavy. Maybe I'm doing it wrong but I get so much frizz even when I'm using gentle and even movements.

Nautilus buns for more than a day. Regular nautilus buns somehow make my hair so tangly when I take them out, and during work weeks I like being able to bun up my hair and not touch it for at least two days. Braided nautilus has solved this problem though, and I can wear them for multiple days :heartbeat

Für immer
October 17th, 2023, 06:29 AM
My hair dislikes shampoo, but also certain conditioner brands that just won't get my hair clean (I use the CO method) no matter how throughout I wash and rinse.
Sodium benzoate makes my scalp itch like nobody's business.

Sheryl
December 12th, 2023, 03:22 PM
Washing with shampoo. I use a little Pantene on scalp only, about once a week, even longer apart if I can do it. It's angry for a couple of days after washing. I use a spray on, leave in conditioner that helps but I don't use it all the time as it makes my hair lank by weeks end. I just keep it in a bun until it calms down. I am aiming to get my shampoos about 1.5 weeks apart, if I can. My hair is very dry, thick and coarse, not oily at all, which helps. It gets gummy when too dirty. I have tried all kinds of products but my hair doesn't react much either way to any of them. I have tried only poo washing but it stays gummy, so I went back to just a little shampoo and just put up with angry hair for a day or so.

Simone_Fatale
December 12th, 2023, 10:24 PM
The two shampoos before K18. Absolutely HATES it.

reddest_sunset
December 15th, 2023, 06:23 PM
Coconut oil! My ends were so dry and crispy when I tried using it, even though I've seen others have such beautiful results :(

constancev18
December 19th, 2023, 08:18 AM
Protein! Knots and tangles galore.

Ylva
December 19th, 2023, 10:05 AM
Besides the obvious stuff,

my scalp hates: pearlesque shampoos, stretching washes

my hair hates: friction.

Can't really come up with anything else my now mostly natural and easy-going hair would be strictly against. :hmm: Then again, I've not much experimented with it either, so I probably haven't discovered those things. But that's totally fine!

Discovered another thing it hates: going longer than a week between clarifying washes. Preferably, it should be even more often than that.

lithostoic
December 25th, 2023, 05:31 PM
My scalp hates sulfates and being washed more than twice a week. My hair hates manipulation and wind.

Nefcerka
December 29th, 2023, 06:14 AM
Me. My hair hates me.

Andalusite
February 8th, 2024, 02:45 AM
I tried some very very gentle shampoos but not sure my hair approved that. My scalp seems to prefer to be cleansed deep and then left alone for a while.

Bat
February 9th, 2024, 02:35 AM
Too much protein it goes crunchy.
Also Cassia, My hair doesn't hate it but my brain does I always got a headache every time I've used cassia on my head

QueenLapis
February 14th, 2024, 03:47 PM
Clay masks (horrible horrible! My family absolutely love using these overseas...but it just doesn't wash out very well! Maybe the water is different where they are)
Leave-in conditioner/oil WITHOUT silicones (need cones to keep my hair free from tangles)
Coconut oil (just too heavy)

SandyBottom
February 14th, 2024, 06:00 PM
Me. My hair hates me.

Oh, it doesn't hate you. It's just testing you to see if you really love it (no matter what).

sapphire-o
February 16th, 2024, 03:20 PM
My hair hates brushes, even though I'm not a curly. I just use wide-toothed combs.

mistywoods
April 22nd, 2024, 06:08 PM
My hair seems to hate coconut oil, any shampoo that isn't clarifying (I have hard water which makes things difficult) and shampoo/conditioner bars. None of these are really a problem aside from not being able to use shampoo/conditioner bars - they'd make things so much easier!

Bat
April 22nd, 2024, 08:40 PM
Being straight like it used to be

Bat
April 22nd, 2024, 08:40 PM
Me. My hair hates me.
I feel this on so many levels.

paulownia
April 23rd, 2024, 12:50 AM
My hair hates any attempt to being straightened:p