PDA

View Full Version : Demi Coloring gone wrong

abritta3
February 6th, 2011, 08:09 AM
I used a demi permanant color yesterday on my hair & left it on too long... I left it for 35 mins or so and I read online after that I should have onoy left it in for 5-10mins (even though package says 15mins) and the color deposited wayyy too much.
I used dish soap yesterday...uck!! And baking powder and then Prell and nothing is working. The color is way too dark. I bought a level 6 and got a level 2 so I am very disapointed in myself. I don't know why I waited 35 mins, maybe because I was always used to permanant dye? Anyway, damage is done.

Should I try color oops? I want to do anything before I go back to the office Monday...

orangeskye
February 6th, 2011, 09:52 AM
I've had success with color oops, but it was with red hair dye not browns, I think that makes a different, red hair dye is silly :S

I don't think color oops is particularly good for your hair, but if you don't use it often, it shouldn't do too much damage..

I feel for you :( it sucks when you have the wrong color in your hair.

Maverick494
February 6th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Abritta, which colour did you use and what brand? Not all hope is lost. Patience can take you far.

For example, I once left a Swarzkopf colour in way too long (literally lost track of time) and it came out a real muddy brown while it should have been medium blonde. After two weeks of consistently washing with a clarifying shampoo the colour had settled to a nice dark blonde.

Another example is when I left a Garnier colour in way too long and it turned dark brown instead of dark blonde. That was 4 weeks ago. Now it's almost to the colour I want it to be.

Vorvolaka
February 6th, 2011, 10:28 AM
It will fade over time. I used demi permanent red and left it on for far too long. It faded out to a nice shade within two weeks while shampooing every second day with Head and Shoulders.

Red dyes are strange though!

UltraBella
February 6th, 2011, 10:43 AM
I too would like to know what brand and shade before making any suggestions :flower:

myrrhmaiden
February 6th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Color oops does not work as well on semi or demi-permanent dyes. Also, when I used it, it lightened my hair unevenly. If you have multiple dyes from different applications going on like I did, it may be a concern. Honestly, I think patience is the key. It will lighten. It will. And you won't destroy your hair in the meantime. <3

xoxophelia
February 6th, 2011, 11:17 AM
I am in the general camp of "be patient" as well if what who have tried so far hasn't worked. If you just applied it, I would still suggest letting a strong shampoo sit on your head for at least 10 minutes and then a long deep oil treatment overnight. But, time will fade the color and cause the least amount of damage.

HairFaerie
February 6th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Don't risk damaging your hair by using another product to take out this color. Who knows WHAT color it would turn out, then you'd have to re-color. Potential disaster.
Just wait it out, it will fade- usually within a few weeks. Just my opinion. :)