PDA

View Full Version : When did your hair start to feel long to you?

Pages : [1] 2

Saranne772
May 21st, 2008, 10:01 AM
I was just reading about classic, tb and waist and peoples opinions on them in general. And I got to to thinking back to when my hair was at Classic in Aug 07 before my big cut.
That summer I was aware of my hair in that it had got LONG. And I really felt I had long hair when it started to brush my hands I walked with it down. Two photos illustrating slighly- these were not purposetaken photos, just photos I had over from a summer holiday at a youth camp at the beginning of August, it was longer at the end.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/Saranne772/1c.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y6/Saranne772/hairwrist.jpg

When did you feel that you had long hair according to your own standard and not the common hair standard to according to people in general? In general terms I suppose my hair was (is) super long but I didnt feel that.

AJoifulNoise
May 21st, 2008, 10:06 AM
Somewhere between BSL and waist my hair began to feel long. Mostly because somewhere in there it got longer than I'd ever grown it before. And, for a few aggrivating weeks I had no clue what to do with it. But, I found the LHC so that was swiftly fixed!

Recently I've started viewing pictures of me now with the thought "dang, I do have long hair!"

mommy2one05
May 21st, 2008, 10:12 AM
My hair is at waist length now but I still feel like it is short. When I was younger before I got my first hair cut (in 2004 when I was 20) I had hair down to almost my knees. SO I think that may have something to do with why I feel like my hair is still short.

Cichelle
May 21st, 2008, 10:13 AM
I think my hair is really just starting to feel long once in a while. I have curly hair that is about hip length when stretched but it shrinks up when it dries and sometimes looks as short as bsl at that point. So, I have varying opinions about my hair length. On days when shrinkage is major, I feel like it's short. Other days, I begin to feel how long it is getting. I like that feeling. :)

spidermom
May 21st, 2008, 10:20 AM
At the lower realm of BSL it felt long to me because it was the longest it had ever been. Now that it's passing hip, near tailbone, it feels very long.

Leisa
May 21st, 2008, 10:30 AM
I consider anything short that does not cover my chest. I'm not there yet, so I consider my hair short.

Islandgrrl
May 21st, 2008, 01:11 PM
The first time I noticed that my hair felt long, it was probably around hip. Classic felt good. Knee felt L.O.N.G.

Right now, back at BSL it's short. Real short.

socks
May 21st, 2008, 01:25 PM
It started to feel longish when I had to start worrying about flicking it away when I sat down. I remember one time in middle school when a guy pulled on my braid to try to get me to turn around, but I moved my butt and flicked my hair away instead. It took him about 3 times to get my attention. :lol: That was about when my hair started to feel long.

harpgal
May 21st, 2008, 01:34 PM
My hair began to feel really long at tailbone (36 inches). Because I did not pay much attention to the length, it sorta sneaked up on me. :rolleyes: At that time, I had to start wearing my hair up more often.

talula_fairie
May 21st, 2008, 01:37 PM
My hair feels long to me when it's past my shoulders! ha.

Melisande
May 21st, 2008, 01:56 PM
At waist, it doesn't feel long to me. I used to have tailbone and that's where I want to get to again. And longer...

When I open my bun at night and my hair tumbles down, for a fleeting moment it feels like a lot and long. As if there was to come another wave of hair. But erm no that was it. And then it feels shortish again.

Guenever
May 21st, 2008, 02:22 PM
I haven't really reached that point yet! :confused:
On others TB is long - but on myself... nope! I'll get back to you if the situation has changed when I reach classic :lol:

Meli
May 21st, 2008, 02:52 PM
My opinion of what is long hair (on me) has changed as my hair grows. In my early teens, when I decided to grow my hair long, I set waist as my goal. That seemed really long to me, and I thought my hair felt longer and longer, the closer to waist I got. And when I finally reached waist, my hair did feel long. But... If I tilted my head forward, my hair didn't reach waist - so I decided I wanted some inches more. And when I got there, well, my hair felt very long, but still not long enough. At tailbone, my hair felt really long, but once again, not long enough.

As my ends were in very bad condition, I have been trimming more than my hair has grown for a couple of years. I didn't care much about length, as long as I was somewhere between waist and tailbone. But after my last trim, I reached waist in the wrong direction, so to say. It was only a small trim, no chop, but I still got a bit shocked, because waist-length felt so terribly short... I hadn't realized that I was so close to waist before the trim. And I had thought that anything from waist and below would be long. Well, I was wrong. My hair has grown almost 3" since my last trim, but as I AM paying attention to my length now, it still feels short. I'm afraid I will feel like this until I have passed tailbone again. THEN my hair will be long again. Or at least somewhat longish... :silly:

ladystar
May 21st, 2008, 03:07 PM
I am a little past BSL, and my hair feels so short. Its kind of feels like it stopped there. Its driving me COCO :crazyq:

I think once I am at waist it will start to feel longer, but I think not until I am at tailbone will I really feel it long!!! :thumbsup:

Jaime
May 21st, 2008, 03:08 PM
For me, it first started to "feel" long to me when I could pull most of it back into a ponytail. Of course, for several months before that, I was fielding numerous "your hair's getting long, when are you getting a haircut" type comments. :rolleyes:

Nowadays, my perspective is evolving much like this:

My opinion of what is long hair (on me) has changed as my hair grows. In my early teens, when I decided to grow my hair long, I set waist as my goal. That seemed really long to me, and I thought my hair felt longer and longer, the closer to waist I got. And when I finally reached waist, my hair did feel long. But... If I tilted my head forward, my hair didn't reach waist - so I decided I wanted some inches more. And when I got there, well, my hair felt very long, but still not long enough. At tailbone, my hair felt really long, but once again, not long enough. Maybe we should be considering a slightly different question: "When did your hair start to feel long enough?":)

8) Jim

cassie_g
May 21st, 2008, 03:11 PM
At waist it was long but it didn't feel L.O.N.G. It feels kind of long now at hips but still kind of feels short-ish to me but I get to see all the super long hairs on here so it's like a grading curve.

Anje
May 21st, 2008, 03:18 PM
Mine started to feel long about last December, when the ends kept tickling me right above the elbows and would occasionally brush a raised forearm. Now that the ends are curling near the bottom of my belt, I can definitely say it feels longer than average, and it's quite a lot longer than I've experienced before. I think I'll officially consider myself to have long hair when I hit tailbone, though, and my mother stops saying it's waistlength.

RavennaNight
May 21st, 2008, 03:26 PM
Im right around BSL right now, and it still feels short to me. I've never had hair longer than maybe 1-2 inches past BSL in my life, so I guess my hair never felt long. I have never gave it a fair chance to be long, like really long. As I'm reading everyone's posts, I'm thinking I should have some goals. I guess my first goal would be waist. Its a path I have never traveled before. I've said before I want it down to my butt, which would be a vague area--is it tailbone or is it classic? I think I should focus on waist first and not let myself get discouraged by the time and distance to the other goals. Waist seems like its 5 inches away. But anyway, my hair doesn't currently feel short, nor does it actually feel long.

squiggyflop
May 21st, 2008, 03:28 PM
my hair doesnt feel long to me yet.. i still feel like my hair is short. i cant wait for that feeling

Islandgrrl
May 21st, 2008, 04:29 PM
I think I'll officially consider myself to have long hair when I hit tailbone, though, and my mother stops saying it's waistlength.

Oh, well, if we're bringing mothers into this.... :hmm:

It doesn't matter how long my hair actually gets. If it touches my shoulders, in her opinion, it's too LONG.

centurytoolate
May 21st, 2008, 04:52 PM
I hadn't paid attention in quite a while and just recently realized it had hit mid bsl. Now its finally starting into the long range.

paper
May 21st, 2008, 05:16 PM
I was just telling DH the other day, that my hair felt long. He asked me if I wanted him to measure it :). I said no, it just felt long because I had to take my hair out from underneath my shirt collar, and I can see it starting to grow down my back.

n3m3sis42
May 21st, 2008, 05:24 PM
My hair started to feel a little bit long to me last spring, when it was securely into the BSL range. I've had it longer than that before, but it was the longest it had been since 2001, so it still felt long(ish) in comparison.

Now that I'm nearly to waist, I really don't feel like it's truly long yet.

n3m3sis42
May 21st, 2008, 05:25 PM
I was just telling DH the other day, that my hair felt long. He asked me if I wanted him to measure it :). I said no, it just felt long because I had to take my hair out from underneath my shirt collar, and I can see it starting to grow down my back.

Aww, you have him trained well. ;-)

Unnamed
May 21st, 2008, 05:26 PM
Around fingertip/upper thigh/bit past classic it started to feel 'long.' AKA when my hair regularly brushed against my hands...and it got to where I couldn't really fingercomb it without feeling like the unfortunate fly in the spider's web.

My hair still doesn't feel like it's super long, though. Not really. :oops:

I think a lot of that is from maintaining around BSL for about 10 years. Got used to 'long,' so it didn't really feel like it was long anymore. Dulled my sense of long. A bit too well, in my opinion. So even at tailbone or right at classic, it really didn't 'feel long' to me. :rolleyes:

dukkelisa
May 21st, 2008, 08:18 PM
When it first brushed the backs of my arms it finally felt long.

biggeorge
May 22nd, 2008, 12:42 AM
It feels long now, as it is finally longer than it has ever been before.

Sceleste
May 22nd, 2008, 03:29 AM
Most of my life my hair has been BSL. I never thought of it being short or long, it was just hanging there at that length.

I was around BSL when I started to read more about hair care and made changes to my routine. Only then I acknowledged the length and realized it was quite long and getting longer every day.

The first time I thought "boy, my hair's long!" was at waist length.

tiny_teesha
May 22nd, 2008, 04:10 AM
My hair starts to feel longer at waist as it starts to get in the way. I just reached that point, but i can imagine once one starts to sit on it you will really think it is long.

Finoriel
May 22nd, 2008, 02:47 PM
I think that was between tailbone and classic, when it suddenly felt long, when I started to sit on it and even braids got in my way. Now I“m growing along my thight and wait if it may feel super long one day :wacko: but I think it will just feel like "more" of my hair.

Nevermore
May 22nd, 2008, 05:10 PM
Today my hair felt long at elbow length because I was trying to air dry it, which involves not putting it up or it stays wet, and tried to reach something that was on the far side of the counter. Leaned forward, realized my hair was going to get mashed between me and the counter, flipped it back over my shoulder, leaned forward, hair came forward to. At this point, I pulled out a hair stick and log rolled it.

However, it doesn't feel long to me 99.9% of the time, it doesn't feel short either, but it's not long. My next goal of hip may feel long for a few minutes, but it won't feel long either. Long will likely start at classic and long enough somewhere around knee, with "YAY! long" coming at floor length.

jojo
May 22nd, 2008, 05:20 PM
to me my hair starts to feel long once its passed my shoulders, feels like im really on my way when i reach bsl and ubber long at waist as this is the longest ive ever been, so i will feel a proper long hair when i reach my goal of classic!

Philomela
May 22nd, 2008, 05:53 PM
Right now I'm at hip (blunt hem), and it feels awfully short yet. It'll probably feel long or at least just about right only when I'm between TB and classic.

Indigo Girl
May 22nd, 2008, 06:53 PM
My hair still doesn't feel long to me.

I expect it will probably feel long once I hit tailbone...?

MoldyCake
May 22nd, 2008, 08:32 PM
Mine still feels short!

julya
May 22nd, 2008, 09:08 PM
My hair started to feel long when it was longer than my shirt, I suppose about tailbone length.

Angellen
May 22nd, 2008, 10:00 PM
It's odd. At waist it did not feel long at all to me, but now that it's an inch or two past, it does. I find it getting caught in things more easily, which I think is what gives the "hey I'm long now" vibe.

KittyCat
May 22nd, 2008, 11:23 PM
I was starting to think my hair was long when it grew past BSL. In it's curly state I think past APL is long.

Sofoulee
May 22nd, 2008, 11:47 PM
When I'm around my friends, my hair feels long, especially when it's wet because their hair is at their shoulders.

When I get on LHC... it doesn't feel long at all. I feel like I have such a long way to go, but I'm enjoying every stage of its length.

1nuitblanche
May 22nd, 2008, 11:52 PM
When I was little, it was really short, so as soon as I grew it long enough for a ponytail, it felt long. When I was thirteen or so, I had it probably past BSL, but I wore it up most of the time and didn't measure it. But that felt pretty long. I think it's a little longer now (I had it short again in between), but it's layered, and it doesn't feel super long. Maybe that's because now I want it to be at waist or hip?

shrimp
May 23rd, 2008, 11:46 AM
Mine is just starting to feel long now at a smidgen off classic.

The fact that a braid no longer is a safe alternative to an updo, it getting trapped between crosse dlegs when sitting at my desk and that I can play with my ends round the front while standing seems to be the cause of this change of feeling.

I remember when I had to stop combing my hair while sat down that it felt like it was getting long, but that was a fair wee while ago now.

lora410
May 23rd, 2008, 12:03 PM
I am just a smidgen away from bsl and for me it feels more like APL; so I am still waiting to feel like it is long *sigh*

Medievalhair
May 24th, 2008, 11:33 PM
I'm right around BS Length, so I feel like I have hair. I used to have waist length hair. It probaly won't start to feel long until TB to Thigh length.

Xan
May 25th, 2008, 05:22 AM
its just starting to feel long at 37" waist and loving the length, just want it to keep getting longer.

Duchess of Erat
May 26th, 2008, 05:45 AM
My hair feels long everytime I start noticing it because it gets trapped somewhere. The last couple of days my braid has been getting stuck between my back and the sofa/seat, had that with loose hair a few months ago...
Oh, and when I started wearing short or no sleeve shirts this spring, my hair was tickling my arms...
Best bit was when I replied to the thread just now on how many inches waist is for everyone, and I found out my longest ends are below waist:joy:

Mitzy
May 26th, 2008, 06:57 AM
I am still waiting and mine is about as long as it has ever been.

Forever_Sophie
May 26th, 2008, 03:26 PM
It felt long at bra strap length and esp. now that it's a few inches past bra strap length and I can reach around w/ my arm and feel it effortlessly, I definitely consider it long.

I had shoulder length & just below that for soooo long that anything above bra strap feels "shoulder length" to me.

Red_Wednesday
May 26th, 2008, 06:23 PM
I think when I finally got beyond BSL - that's when it started to "feel" long to me:).

ajr
May 26th, 2008, 06:58 PM
I think it was a little below waist. For me the key was being able to feel it brush against my elbows when I walked around that when my hair was really long.

Alva
May 27th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Im very near to tailbone, or maybe already at tailbone, hard for me to determine, but I dont feel like its long.. I think once I get beyond classic that feeling might come.

Saranne772
May 27th, 2008, 10:54 AM
Oh Alva I love your hair :D It is gorgeous!!

And its interesting that people seem to consider their hair long when it passes the longest it has ever been :D

Alva
May 28th, 2008, 01:33 AM
Awww thanks Saranne772! Yours is as well! :cloud9:

Phalaenopsis
May 28th, 2008, 02:35 AM
My hair doesn't feel long, maybe a little bit nowadays. But because of the distortion of long hair forums, I don't think I would consider my previous waistlengthhair long, while I used to think it was loooong.
I have just seen to many classiclengths and further pictures, to ever have the feeling of long hair, even with my goallength (hip). Makes me a bit sad :(

silverwoods
May 29th, 2008, 12:09 AM
As a child, I my hair made it to tb twice before my parents cut it so I have distorted views on my own hair length. It never seems all that long to me, until it gets caught on a chair, etc.

Chamomilemaiden
May 29th, 2008, 01:40 AM
My hair sometimes feel long now when they are past waist. But it“s not a consistent feeling...

emeraldfaery
May 29th, 2008, 05:21 PM
My hair was tailbone/classic before I cut it in 2005 and it really didn't feel all that long. Looking back at it in pictures makes me realize how long it really was. That saying "Never know what you have until it's gone." So true! Right now my hair is creeping past waist and it doesn't feel long at all. That's because I had it sooo long for sooo long. :D

82exoticbeauty
July 26th, 2009, 04:43 PM
My hair stated to feel long for me when it get's to classic, but I still love it long!

EtherealOde
July 26th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Once it is long enough to need to worry about it getting caught under a purse strap or in the seat belt over my shoulder, it starts feeling long to me. Not really long, but starting to get to what feels long to me.

Nyghtingale
July 26th, 2009, 08:37 PM
Between BSL and waist for me.

Naamah
July 26th, 2009, 08:45 PM
My hair is between BSL and waist right now. It feels a little long but not really. I think once I get to waist it will feel long to me.

LittleOrca
July 26th, 2009, 11:01 PM
It still feels too short. :D

patience
July 26th, 2009, 11:06 PM
I'm not there yet. :p

Rebelkat
July 26th, 2009, 11:33 PM
:o Actually, I haven't reached that point yet. The longest strand is only a couple of inches above classic when stretched out, and while it feels LONGER, it still doesn't feel long. I've always considered BSL to waist mid-length, and anything above BSL short. And this was BEFORE discovering long hair forums! :shrug: It causes a lot of confusion when I describe people.

ChrissieM
July 27th, 2009, 02:58 PM
I think I have medium-length hair now, and I'm at BSL. Long starts at waist for me.

sweet*things
July 27th, 2009, 04:27 PM
Probably somewhere Hip to Tailbone. When it starts to tickle below the small of my back. That's when if "feels" long to me.

thankyousir74
July 27th, 2009, 04:53 PM
My hair feels a bit long now at APL... but before the big chop it was at BSL and it also felt long :3

LadyLongLocks
July 27th, 2009, 05:37 PM
When I started to sit on it, not quite classic length. In the past I always trimmed it back because it seemed too long.

Dementia1013
July 28th, 2009, 06:02 AM
When I started to be able to make decent buns and have them stay. My hair thickness never allowed this, so I had to wait for some more length.

paintedmuse
July 28th, 2009, 06:11 AM
Actually it is starting to feel sort of long now, even though by LHC standards, it's not long yet. But it's the longest it's been in 4 years or so, maybe thats the reason.

Fireweed
July 28th, 2009, 06:31 AM
My hair always feels short and it is the longest it has ever been at around 39 nches. I do want to have the feel of long hair and I think it might be due to the fact that my hair is light weight. I wouder if there are people out there with heavy weight thick hair if it feels longer at say BSL.

windinherhair
July 28th, 2009, 07:00 AM
When my hair got past mid-back I started to get more comments from people about how long it was. I have never felt my hair is long enough though.... and to myself it could feel almost "short" but looking at someone else with the same length I could say it was long. Hmmm.... can't explain that one. :)

Medievalmaniac
July 28th, 2009, 07:45 AM
I think my hair is long now - certainly it is in comparison to most other hair in this area - at BSL. But I know it is not "really" long by LHC standards. Still - I love to feel it sweep back and forth against my lower back, which it now does if I tilt my head slightly back and wave it back and forth. That is making me Oh! so happy right now. So I'll consider it pretty long, and be content with this until it hits long. :)

launna
July 29th, 2009, 03:23 AM
When I could do my first "fake-bun". :D

Feenzauber
July 29th, 2009, 03:42 AM
Since BSL, LONG is always 10 cm (about 4 inches) longer then it is now.
I wonder when this will be over...:p

Fiferstone
July 30th, 2009, 05:44 AM
It feels long to me now, because it's the longest it's ever been. It brushes my elbow when it's down, and I do have to watch seat belts, shoulder straps, etc. It's not so long that I can sit on it (yet) but I hope to get there. I've got a mom like Islandgrrl's as well, and she desperately wants me to cut it. "You look so good in short hair." However, she knows the battle is well and truly lost : ). I'm looking forward to seeing what hip/tailbone/classic/terminal "feel" like on me.

Cherry_Sprinkle
July 30th, 2009, 05:57 AM
I'm creeping up on WL and it still doesn't feel long... :shrug:

KaeleyAnne
July 30th, 2009, 06:15 AM
I always had hair between waist and hip-length growing up. Due to the frequency of trims and the amount trimmed off, I never got beyond hip. When I went to college and started having fewer trims (because I was home less often), but hair started growing past hip and it started feeling long to me. My hair is past tailbone now, and it feels long.

lindaton
July 30th, 2009, 09:10 PM
My hair dont feel long on me until it is about 44" long. I have had it cut so many times back up to waist length [thanks to scissor happy hairdressers] and it felt so short.

Linda

silverspun
September 8th, 2009, 12:29 AM
When I did have long hair, I realized it after seeing a photo of myself kneeling down, and my hair length drooped to my knees in the kneeling position... not much of a big deal but it shocked me at the time.

Hiriel
September 8th, 2009, 02:59 PM
I don't know yet! I've maintained at around BSL-ish for so long now (7-8 years maybe?) that I'm extremely used to it, and it doesn't feel particularly long. But since I've had hair this length for so long, maybe it will feel long quite soon, since it will be unfamiliar.

twolunarspring
September 8th, 2009, 03:24 PM
My hair feels so short at the moment :(

It's just about hip-length, and I had it trimmed down from classic length (busyness of new-mummyhood made me neglect my hair considerably! The ends were very rough... but the hairdresser took more off than she needed to... ho hum)

It felt long when I would sit down on the floor and it be trailing behind me a little... I loved that! And it always made me go "Ooooh! I have long hair!"

I do miss it, but hey: it'll grow. And my friend's little sister is very sick with leukaemia and losing her hair from chemo, so actually I am very very blessed to have my health, and therefore me hair. I shouldn't grumble, really.

ScrimHazard
September 8th, 2009, 04:25 PM
Once I reached BSL. Took me forever!!!

Armelle
September 9th, 2009, 07:08 AM
My hair got to my hips before I had to cut it due to hair loss (grumble, grumble) and I had just started thinking it was beginning to get long. Interestingly, about 10 years ago I thought my hair was long and it was shorter than it is now (which is just above waist level).

Little_Bird
September 9th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Well, generally I feel I have very long hair when I hit a milestone (I remember feeling it very much when I got past midback lenght, and specially when I got to waist lenght).

Now... I know my hair is very long for people's standards, but it doesn't feel all that long to me. I am about to reach tailbone lenght, but I guess I will only feel I have the hair I want when I get to classic lenght...

Either ways, I consider hair to be LONG when it grows past waist lenght. That's when I start turning my head on the streat to look at beautyfull LONG hair :p

Oh, and I agree with twolunarspring, I can't wait for my hair to trail behind me when I sit down. That's gonna make me feel I've got HUGE hair! :D

marikamt
September 9th, 2009, 08:09 AM
I just noticed (this week) that it is starting to feel long to me.... I just made it past BSL (barely, like by a millimeter, but hey, I will take it :lol: ).... this is the longest I have been in adulthood, I usually maintained at APL or was shorter.....

carinkla
September 9th, 2009, 08:26 AM
I am afraid it still doesn't (blushes)

feralnature
September 9th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Mine feels long now simply because I had to cut it off almost to the scalp when I decided to remove my dreadlocks. I have had waist length hair in the past, but I have had lots of short hair cuts and perms too (Big Texas hair).

So now, especially when it is wet, I feel it hanging down and touching my back, and that feels long. Everything is relative.

Aries_jb
September 9th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Right now when it's dry it feels short, but when my hair is soaking wet it's hitting waist and I can see the differences in length better. I can't wait til I hit tailbone when wet because then I KNOW my hair will look long when dry *fingers crossed*

meowmeow
September 9th, 2009, 11:06 PM
Well, I knew it was getting long when I tried to turn around in my sleep but I kept pinning myself down hahahaha.

Qamar
September 9th, 2009, 11:58 PM
My hair is just about at tailbone and is only just now starting to feel long-ish. Waist was short, hip was still on the short side, and where it is now only feels long when the seatbelt reels it up or when it gets in the way during intimate moments with my honey. 8)

I'm thinking official long will start as I approach the area where the leg makes an @ss of itself and L.O.N.G. will be mid-thigh and beyond.

Now, John and Jane Q. Public have definitely declared my hair LONG!!! when I have it down. Its starting to garner comments about how long it is when I wear it down, and I was recently called Rapunzel as I walked into work with my damp hair down. *lol* I just thank them and say "Yes, its getting there."

Quixii
September 10th, 2009, 12:10 AM
My hair is just starting to feel long to me. When I'm pulling on my pants and have to pull my hair out of them, or when I lean forward a bit so my shirt comes up from my pants and I feel it tickling the bottom of my back - I dunno, it just makes it feel really long. It feels longer then than it does when I'm in the shower, when, being straight, it comes down to the middle of my "vertical smile."
Before this I never really felt like it was long, and didn't get why people were telling me it was so long.

Alexannee10
September 21st, 2009, 06:37 PM
I think it is since I have to lift my hair for putting my bra loll

bigmama8
September 21st, 2009, 07:01 PM
I've had long hair most of my life but it doesn't feel long to me until I start sitting on it. I'm waiting very impatiently for it to grow to that point again.

Dars
September 21st, 2009, 07:43 PM
I'm in the moment now where it's starting to feel long. This is the longest I've ever had my hair. I've been straightener free for about 4 months now and I know if I straightened it it would look so long to me! If I pull my curl it's so close to my goal length, but no where near normally! :(

freckles
September 22nd, 2009, 03:10 AM
My hair was just STARTING to feel NEARLY LONG to me before my trim, at 27" (BSL+). So I figure I'm close :)

Fethenwen
September 22nd, 2009, 03:20 AM
It is actually starting to feel long now. I have to put it up to wash my face or put it aside to kiss my boyfriend :) It's nearly APL now.

Qamar
September 22nd, 2009, 11:02 AM
Mine is starting to require containment during...ah...special time with my honey. That tells me its getting long :) If I don't do something with it, it gets in the way for both of us.

Misery
September 23rd, 2009, 02:42 AM
Last year, When it reached the small of my back.

I was sitting on the floor reading and could feel something on my leg. Thinking it was some kind of bug I tried to brush it off and then, after feeling it and realising it wasn't a bug ( also not realising it was my hair) freaked out.

Rentlle
September 23rd, 2009, 06:40 AM
no.. i'm not feelin like my hair is long in fact XD
it's long, but not long long :p
Waist or further is rather longlong, because it is not that random :)

Savvyhorsez
September 23rd, 2009, 07:24 AM
Mine still doesn't feel long. I wish I'd never had cut my hair.

Tressie
September 23rd, 2009, 08:25 AM
My hair began to feel really long to me at tailbone length. This was about the time I joined LHC, and I was wearing my hair down a lot. I usually would cut back to around waist when I reached this length, because my faithful stylist always told me I had damage. I suppose I did with all of that wear and tear from wearing my hair loose so much.

I soon began to wear my hair up most of the time (to protect the length) and I began to do S&D only. I also began to treat my hair much more gently. I tried to avoid cones and I indulged in some "benign neglect".

Now, I am at classic length and it has been 15 months. When I take my hair down, I feel that it is long. When I look at some of the pictures on this site, I don't think it's VERY long! (o;

ETA: I think your hair is beautiful in those photos and today!

Zéphine
September 23rd, 2009, 09:41 AM
My hair is waist-length and doesn't feel that long, except when it gets caught on some random object (ouch) or when I'm cleaning the vacuum cleaner/drain. Or when I'm wearing a sleeveless or cap-sleeved shirt and have my hair down, but it would have felt long then ever since, well, armpit-length.

JamieLeigh
September 23rd, 2009, 09:45 AM
When I started being able to sit on it again, late last year, my hair finally started feeling long again. Mind you, I had longer hair than this before I cut, so I'm REALLLLLLLLY missing it.

Angela_Rose
September 23rd, 2009, 12:01 PM
Mine started to feel long when I realised I could put it in my pants pockets.

bigevilgrape
September 23rd, 2009, 07:03 PM
My hair didn't feel long until i got about 2 inches past BSL. I know thats not long compaired to most people here, but thats where it starts to get a pain to deal with on bike rides and climbing.

Jeepchick99tj
September 25th, 2009, 01:38 PM
Now it feels long when it hits waist length. The first time it felt long was when it was past my bra strap.

tja
September 25th, 2009, 02:23 PM
I never had hair longer than my shoulder length so after I will go past shoulders I will feel the difference!

I just started growing my hair and my goal is shoulder blades length. Once I am there I will decide whether to go on growing them.

Kris Dove
September 26th, 2009, 01:41 PM
It's only recently, at BSL, started to feel as if it's starting to get anywhere near long to me again... it used to be classic length many years ago so as I still can't sit on it, it feels fairly short in comparison.

mira-chan
September 28th, 2009, 08:02 PM
I'll tell you when I get there. :D

I have the "Oh! It's long!" moments some times, especially when I sit on it, but otherwise, I'm so used to it being long that it doesn't feel that long to me.

Elfe
September 29th, 2009, 09:55 AM
I am between waist and hip and now it feels long for me.

motormuffin
October 1st, 2009, 11:45 AM
Mine felt long before when I would have to pull it out of my shirt...and my pants when I got dressed. When it would get closed in the car door and get stuck in the seat belt. When I'd get up the morning and get stuck because the cat was sleeping on it on the floor behind the bed. That would have been tailbone length.

jtl45
October 1st, 2009, 03:01 PM
the first time I could put it in a ponytail!!
Jim

Aunteater
October 1st, 2009, 06:08 PM
It's only a smidge past waist, but both times I've grown it out, I start feeling like it's long when I let it down, look in the mirror, and I can see it showing below my armpits.

....which sounds odd, but I can't think of a better way to phrase it. It feels long when it gets past APL.

JCFantasy23
October 7th, 2009, 12:07 PM
My hair doesn't really feel long to me now, so I guess never. What's ironic is I'm almost at goal length, waist, which I consider long. When I look at it though, it just doesn't look long on me.

Isa-belle
October 7th, 2009, 12:16 PM
I'm still not there yet.
I mean, the other day I thought "oh, my hair is finally starting to feel long" because it is now decidedly TLB length when I take pictures of my back. But the feeling is gone already. I looked at my hair in the mirror yesterday and thought my hair was not long quite yet. Now I want hair that looks TLB length when I look at it from the side, too :roll:

Brighe
October 7th, 2009, 02:01 PM
not until now...
but I´m afraid my hair will never feel long to me :wink:

Belisarius
October 7th, 2009, 02:36 PM
When it hit my shoulders and i could feel it.

clairenewcastle
October 7th, 2009, 06:41 PM
My hair finally felt long when I overheard someone say "Oh! Look how long her hair is"......
I should add that this was many years ago. My hair has been various lengths ever since.

MirandaWelch
October 8th, 2009, 10:06 AM
It feels long to me right now and it's only BSL.

Pacific
October 8th, 2009, 02:43 PM
My hair is longer than hip lengths now and I know that it's long but it still doesn't feel long to me.

Feng-Shui
October 8th, 2009, 05:23 PM
For me my hair feels ever more briefly than it is.

If I see Pictures, then I realize as long my hair real am.:lol:

Speckla
October 8th, 2009, 05:34 PM
It's starting to feel long now. It's BSL stretched and APL curly. It's close to being the longest it's ever been.

thunderlilies
October 8th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Waist. Then it started feeling long!

Paliele
October 8th, 2009, 08:41 PM
My hair is almost as long as I've kept it since 4th grade, but it doesn't feel long to me yet. I think it will probably start feeling long between BSL and waist, because that's how long my sisters' hair got before both of them cut it off (one to chin, the other to BSL).

TheEndlessOcean
October 10th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Probably last summer as I started to get well past my shoulders. It's weird though, these days I alternate between feeling like my hair is really long and feeling like I have no hair at all :laugh:

Lyttle Lox
October 11th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Shoulder length would feel long to me :P With or without chemicals... but a bigger deal without! My family is a mix of 4a/bs, and I guess we have a hard time maintaining length, so this would be great!

Snowflakey
October 13th, 2009, 08:00 PM
When it reached waist-length. Basically, I feel like I have long hair everytime I'm wearing short-sleeves and can feel my hair brushing against my elbows.

Amara
October 13th, 2009, 09:27 PM
As I passed waist length, which was my first goal once I got here onto LHC, it felt "long". :) Not "long enough" though! :D

jasper
October 16th, 2009, 07:13 PM
My hair felt long to me as soon as it was ling enough for a ponytail. But there is no where else besides LHC where I can feel like my hair isn't really long.

missjessiecakes
October 16th, 2009, 08:01 PM
My hair has been so short for so long when I hit arm pit length I think It'll feel long.

mugglemomof3
October 16th, 2009, 08:37 PM
For me it's just now kinda sorta there. Not 1" higher, but here. And still only kinda sorta. But it was a definite shift in perspective, and I've hit it twice now and it was the same way both times.

Oh yeah - it's 27". FWIW, I'm 5'8" and this is just past BSL.

Talma
October 18th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Mid back length for me. Right before I started growing out my relaxer. But my hair quickly got frayed ends do to my rough treatment and constant heat styling.

Aeris
October 18th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Once my hair started getting stuck in my armpits while washing it, I felt proud. Even though that seems very short now. I can tell my progress best by what my hair starts getting caught in. :)

nowxisxforever
October 18th, 2009, 10:06 PM
When it hit waist-length, since I could officially join an LJ community for longer hair :)

Faolan
October 20th, 2009, 09:05 PM
It's just recently started to feel a little long because I've had to be more careful not to get it tangled up in my backpack whenever I put it on. The rest of the time it doesn't really feel that long. I look forward to my hair seeming really long to me. I think I might try for classic.

Wind
October 20th, 2009, 10:13 PM
Waist for me. At least if I'm remembering right. :lol: About 31,32 inches on 5'6 1/2" me.

piratejenny23
October 20th, 2009, 11:04 PM
The first time my hair felt not just long but awesome (after 15 years of having it fall out a lot, and having to keep it somewhat short due to split ends) was when I flipped it over my shoulder and I felt a "thunk" on my back! Anytime I get a trim and I can't twist it up into a bun that will hold without a scrunchie, it feels too short.

When it got to about the middle of my shoulder blades and my friends started commenting on how fast it was growing, I finally started to feel like my hair was getting long again...around 24". It's at 32" now but I need about 3" to get to waist length.

I've never been able to grow my hair to waist-length but it's so healthy now that I'm really hoping I can get it to classic!

Bene
October 21st, 2009, 12:30 AM
I'm not too far from waist and my hair still doesn't feel long to me.

Jennie80
October 21st, 2009, 11:22 AM
Not yet. I have BSL and it doesn`t feel long to me..

Esperanza
October 21st, 2009, 11:33 AM
For me, it was recently when I had just combed it out and was undressed, about to get in the shower, and I felt it brush across the top of the derriere. I finally felt that it was somewhat long. :agree:

enfys
October 21st, 2009, 11:43 AM
GettingintheBCL. Sorry to bring down the tone, but it was only in the shower I'd notice that so it's not as bad as a non-LHCer would think...

artowl
October 23rd, 2009, 08:39 PM
My hair will feel long when it brushes my shoulders! :)

ashimajoy
October 25th, 2009, 08:39 PM
:DLol--my hair was bobbed so long that now at BSL it feels like flowing Rapunzel hair! When I think too much about it, I even get all vain and toss it and stuff--but it's really not that long...:p

Katrina
October 26th, 2009, 07:15 AM
When I started to tuck it accidentally into my pants... It happened at hip length (34-35" or so, my hair is 37" now).

Maddy25
October 26th, 2009, 08:20 AM
I find my hair is starting to feel long because when I am brishing my teeth I have to hold it back or Ill get toothpaste in it lol.

squee
October 30th, 2009, 07:17 PM
Mine started to feel long when I started to tug on it on accident. Think the first time was many months ago. I was sleeping and my hair got caught under my arm, I decided to turn over and I woke up due to me tugging my own hair. Now I am starting to step on it during yoga, or getting up from sitting on the floor sometimes(that one is with my hand most of the time).

Think my hair was mid back when I started sleep tugging it. Now the bulk of my hair is almost at my tailbone.

I also notice it when people point it out to me, half the time I forget to be honest.

Qamar
October 30th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Mine (tailbone) regularly now:

winds up into the seatbelt mechanism
eats earrings
gets shut in the car door
gets stuck in my bra band, hip band and waist band of clothing
smacks my honey in the face while we are sleeping (when I turn over)
gets stuck in my honey's armpits in the night
plays velcro with doorknobs
keeps my back toasty warm
makes a fabulous cat/rat/bird/camel/goat toy
and...

makes me smile when I see the shine coming off it when I brush it.

Chamy
January 20th, 2010, 05:44 AM
Im in that frustrating apl-bsl stage, and it really feels like my hair is never going to feel long. =(
I'll check in when i reach that stage.

myrrhmaiden
January 20th, 2010, 06:05 AM
It doesn't feel long yet, (I'm about halfway between APL and BSL) but I'm anticipating that once it covers my breasts it will begin feeling "long." DH laughs at me because he thinks it's been "long" ever since it passed shoulder length, and he gets a kick out of the times I exclaim with excitement, "it's starting to get long!" :D

jocosema
January 20th, 2010, 06:17 AM
I always thought waist length would feel long, but now that my hair is nearly there it still feels too short. Sometimes it feels long when I feel it brush the backs of my arms.

hennaphile
January 20th, 2010, 06:21 AM
At classic. While regrowing it, it's felt short until then.

Alcenaia
January 20th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Just how long it is snuck up on me as well. Whenever I take it down, I have a bit of a "wow it really is long" moment, hehe.

I think I started to feel it was super long when people started commenting on it when I met them for the first time. It was out of the norm for them.

Harriet
January 20th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Getting towards waist feels long to me. If I can cover my breasts with it then it's long. I just can't waiy til its at that length again!

rosyaddie
January 25th, 2010, 02:34 PM
I think my hair will feel looong to me once it's at BSL.

Sammich
January 25th, 2010, 03:00 PM
It doesn't feel long yet, (I'm about halfway between APL and BSL) but I'm anticipating that once it covers my breasts it will begin feeling "long." DH laughs at me because he thinks it's been "long" ever since it passed shoulder length, and he gets a kick out of the times I exclaim with excitement, "it's starting to get long!" :D

I agree with this. :)
Basically till under my breasts! :D Nearly there.

Razor
January 25th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Probably when I started feeling my hair on my elbows.
But it aint long enough.

DanielleRenae
January 25th, 2010, 03:44 PM
When I could feel it touch the top of my elbows. What a great day *sighs*.

lesbia
January 26th, 2010, 10:07 AM
i always had shoulder lenght hair, so i start to feel my hair long when they past bsl, i can't imagine when i'll reach tailbone :D

Locksmith
January 26th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Mine's only just began to feel "properly long" now it's hit hip length - probably because this is the longest I've ever had it. :)

JenniferNoel
January 26th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Since my hair hasn't been genuinely long in a long time (no pun intended), it's feeling "wannabe long" at just-barely-BSL, I love the feeling of my hair starting to go down my back and fall around my shoulders, it's so soft and light and gives me hope for when it does get long. :D

Magelet33
January 26th, 2010, 07:49 PM
I'd say it started to feel long when it was almost to my waist. I cut it from below my waist (parts of it to tailbone when straight) and its back up to just past BSL, and it feels short. I think it will feel long again when it starts to touch the top of my butt when it's wet and stretched from the water weight.

janiejones
January 26th, 2010, 08:10 PM
I'd have to agree with the people who have said they only think their hair will feel long when it's longer than it ever has been. So for me, that would be somewhere between waist and hip....quite a ways away. Of course, my hair feels longer that it has been, but not long...

skydancer7
January 29th, 2010, 08:53 AM
My hair feels long right now! I can toss it out of my way behind my shoulders. It is long enough to make my neck too warm.

After growing out a pixie, my just-past-shoulder length hair feels pretty long at the moment :)

Anywhere
January 29th, 2010, 04:01 PM
my hair was long when it was a little past waist, with no layers. I'm at that same spot now, but with layers, and it doesn't feel long.

elina333
January 31st, 2010, 05:01 AM
My hair never feels long... Well, maybe if I straighten it. Since its wavy/curly it really shrinks :( Im on a mission to get past waist and then I think I'll be like "wow, its long!" :)

elina333
January 31st, 2010, 05:02 AM
My hair never feels long... Well, maybe if I straighten it. Since its wavy/curly it really shrinks :( Im on a mission to get past waist and then I think I'll be like "wow, its long!" :)

truwave
January 31st, 2010, 05:31 AM
Growing out from a pixie, it started to finally feel long when I could squeeze it into a ponytail!

FrannyG
January 31st, 2010, 05:37 AM
My hair starts feeling long as soon as it's long enough to sit behind my shoulders. It starts to feel really long when it falls below my shoulder blades. I can't wait to get back there, and beyond!

Rhiannon7
January 31st, 2010, 06:14 AM
For me i guess it was when i was rinsing in the shower back in spring 2008 and my hair brushed my butt. i felt so happy because it was finally so long. it was TB back then.

Leneveu
January 31st, 2010, 07:36 AM
At a little below waist for me - the length at which it becomes trickier to wear it down.

Noctifer
January 31st, 2010, 07:43 AM
when it was a little bit longer the bsl lenght for me

akilina
January 31st, 2010, 10:35 AM
Yesterday I had my hair down for a while and my hair snuck down the back of my jacket and was hitting my back in an all new place it seems like :] I love that feeling...when your hair hits your back while you are still trying to achieve your goal and it just feels a little bit longer. I definitely dont have "long" hair but its going to get there

Melisande
January 31st, 2010, 10:44 AM
Wow, I wrote here 1.5 years ago. And now - I'm at tailbone and it's long! it feels long! I'm really happy about it. A wonderful feeling.

redneckprincess
January 31st, 2010, 03:05 PM
i just hit APL at christmas/new years and now a month later I sometimes feel alomst long, only when I think of hair real world wise....

HeatherAshley3
January 31st, 2010, 09:02 PM
Well to answer this..i have to say that my hair used to be long...but I never realized how long it actually was until I saw it in a picture. I was like "wow" my hair was really that long? Its a shame I didnt realize it then and take better care of it. "We live and we learn" And I sure did learn!:cheese:

BlackfootHair
January 31st, 2010, 09:31 PM
It's starting to feel longer now. I sometimes wear my hair in a low pony tail. When I am sitting on the computer and lean my head back, the pony tail starts hitting the middle of my back. My hair is finally back to where it was before the bleaching fiasco, and that was it's longest point in forever (since I was in middle school). Also, when I wear my hair down and my dbf says, "Long hair!". lol :)

Tutti_Frutti
February 28th, 2010, 11:51 AM
It still doesn't feel long to me, but it feels longer. Hopefully that makes sense. :)

Kelli Kat
February 28th, 2010, 11:55 AM
I don't really feel that is long yet.

melusine
February 28th, 2010, 02:32 PM
My hair starts to feel long somewhere between bra-strap length and waist :-)

greygoth
February 28th, 2010, 09:28 PM
My hair started feeling long at waist length. The longest it had ever been before was BSL, and I never dreamed it could grow longer!

gmdiaz
February 28th, 2010, 10:10 PM
At tailbone length . . .mine feels short, way too short.

I just cut a year's worth of growth. . .I was just about an inch to classic, to remove damage.

I was just starting to feel my hair was getting long enough for comfort. lol

I so want to get to finger-tip length but I don't know if I'll be able to get there! That would be an acceptably long length to me. lol

I love that feeling and thinking "Woah, my hair is getting long!"

lovebug
March 1st, 2010, 04:20 PM
To me, it feels long if I comb it straight down, but if I put it up or braid it or anything I somehow forget the lenght. I´m going from APL to BSL now.

LaBeq
March 1st, 2010, 07:35 PM
I've always had very short hair--I've never gotten it to grow past my shoulders. So right now, with it brushing the tops of my shoulders, it feels bizarrely long to me. I know, not much compared to the rest of you. But for me, right now, this is LONG!

christine1989
March 1st, 2010, 07:47 PM
My hair was almost at waist a few years ago but it never seemed long to me. After that I had a bob for 2+ years. It was so short for so long that it feels akward having it below shoulder length. I think that APL- BSL will seem quite long to me. This is partly because it it way thicker now and the added weight gives the illusion that it is longer.

ItalianFlower
March 1st, 2010, 08:58 PM
I'm at BSL now but before my last trim it was two or three inches below my bra and THAT felt long to me. Can't wait to get back there and keep going! ALL my damaged hair is now GONE! Woohoo!

Smokering
March 1st, 2010, 09:46 PM
Mine crept to classic when I wasn't looking. That's the longest it's ever been and it started to feel very long - unwieldy, but also occasionally cool when it tickled my legs! I just chopped it back to tailbone though (shortish tailbone), and it feels... normal again. I don't think it's short, but it doesn't feel particularly long either. It's just my hair!

oceanwoman111
March 1st, 2010, 10:12 PM
I'm really hoping it will start to feel long when I hit waist. Right now, it doesn't feel very long. I'm below BSL ,but about 3 and a half inches from waist. This length is where it usually gets chopped into some funky, layered style because I loose my patience. Waist is the longest I've ever had it so I'm curious to see what happens after that. I can't wait to feel like it's long!!! :cheese:

Sha-na-na
March 1st, 2010, 11:47 PM
At 33", it still does not feel that long, but others gasp at how long my hair is. I can feel it at my back and just touching my butt when it is down and against my skin, but only when it is at my knees will I really believe it is long. :)

IcarusBride
March 2nd, 2010, 01:30 AM
I'm with the group who said they've always had their hair about the same length it is at now. I always thought my hair was long, compared to others around me. Until I came upon this community, I thought it was normal that BSL is terminal on everyone and there's no reason to even try growing it longer than that, and it wouldn't happen! Haha I'd only seen 1 or 2 long haired ladies (and no guys) IRL, and I thought they must just be exceptions to that rule. ^^;

habioku
March 2nd, 2010, 03:35 AM
My hair start to feel long right now at waist lenght :D

MerryKat
March 2nd, 2010, 03:54 AM
As soon as I started getting past waist (very recent) my hair finally felt long and right. Now each centimeter it creeps past waist it actually feels longer.

Stormcast
March 10th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Mine dosn't feel long to me yet. Probably will when it hits waist...this is the longest my hair has been in a while!

Twil
March 10th, 2010, 07:33 PM
I feels long now, it's been warm out so I've been wearing short sleeves and its long enough to tickle my arms! It's almost waist (curly!)

Neddy
March 10th, 2010, 08:49 PM
Honestly, it was when I'd shower and the ends of my wet hair tickled and brushed the top of my butt. That touch sensation was way more of a "whoa" moment than just looking at it in a mirror or seeing it hang down.

vindo
March 10th, 2010, 09:17 PM
About Midbutt maybe? My perception has shifted a bit much...generally I would consider waist pretty long. But when you have it yourself you hardly notice the length until you start sitting on it ^^

TXbarbie
March 10th, 2010, 11:34 PM
When I would automatically assume that I had shed when my hair brushed my elbows :) I'm about 2-3 inches away from having hair that long again!

prittykitty
March 11th, 2010, 12:17 AM
My hair feel longer until it dries and curls up. Then it just feels full and thick.

Aika
March 11th, 2010, 12:45 AM
At about waist-length, I think. Now I see waist as long on other people, but not for me, because I'm used to my hair being longer!

MissManda
March 11th, 2010, 12:49 AM
My hair is between BSL and waist and it doesn't feel terribly long to me. I can just *barely* braid over my shoulder now and the braids themselves only look APL to me. I think my hair will start to feel long around tailbone or hip at the least. I'll have to wait and see!

chopandchange
March 11th, 2010, 09:19 AM
I think my hair will start to feel long when the length is heavy enough for it to stop going "POUF!" and lie flat.

I do not know at what length this will happen (if ever). I think I will just keep growing to find out. :cheese:

freckles
March 11th, 2010, 10:14 AM
today my hair feels long for the first time in forever :D

Hana
March 11th, 2010, 06:34 PM
my fringe feels long, to me at least! when i pull it straight, its lower cheekbone length! considering i've had a bettie page fringe to mid-forhead for about 2 years, it feels incredibly weird.

Yarn Muse
March 11th, 2010, 06:40 PM
I'm waiting for the day it starts to feel long! Just started growing in November after keeping it around SL for years. The longest part just reached 20" but I chopped off some to start evening out layers and get rid of chemically colored ends.

I think it *might* start to feel long when I hit BSL because it's been so long since I've been there. We'll see.

LunarAurora
March 12th, 2010, 11:49 AM
When it came to the top of my butt.

vdhendrix
March 13th, 2010, 02:51 AM
my hair is about 3 inches past tailbone now, and still doesnt feel long to me

Carolyn
March 13th, 2010, 07:10 AM
It used to feel long at mid back range. Now that it's waist length it doesn't feel all that long.

Celtica
March 15th, 2010, 03:20 AM
Probably hip. Oddly it felt shorter at classic than at hip because it fairy-tailed so badly it may as well have been shorter. I've just had it straight-cut back to hip and it just feels so thick and long,even though it's at least 4in shorter than it was.

morecowbell
March 15th, 2010, 09:16 AM
Before my hair disaster in 07 (melted my hair and had to buzz it off), just below BSL felt really long to me, now that I've had my hair about shoulder or above for three years, it feels long(er) because I can finally put it into a bun!

hannagrrl
March 15th, 2010, 10:55 AM
My hair feels long to me now. But not last week. Just today.
1. It covers my boobs when pulled to the front.
2. It's "waist-when-wet".
3. I can put it into a french braid and it: A. all stays back, and B. actually "looks long" in the back.
4. I can put <i>securely</i> in a bun!
:D

lindenblossom
March 15th, 2010, 11:05 AM
It felt pretty long to me at tailbone before my big chop. Now it feels so short at almost-waist. It'll take awhile to feel long again.

MandaMom2Three
March 15th, 2010, 11:24 AM
I would say as it approaches waist I start to notice that's getting long. Right now it's BSL and it's just too short to feel long to me :(

Qamar
March 15th, 2010, 11:28 AM
The last few days mine has started to feel long because its creeping past tailbone and wants to get caught in my vertical smile. :)

2peasinapod
March 15th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Just now actually! I've always had short hair, so anything's an improvement! ;) It's only a little bit above my shoulders now, but I can finally tie most of it into a ponytail. I also have enough to braid! :)

hendrix.co
March 15th, 2010, 03:28 PM
I consider anything short that does not cover my chest. I'm not there yet, so I consider my hair short.
I agree I'm almost there. I think after I pass my chest it will feel long to me. Hopefully.

beez1717
March 19th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Heh.... for me, I JUST started thinking it was sorta long. it made me so excited :D

My hair is on my high back now!!!!

Luonnotar
March 19th, 2010, 09:06 PM
I don't think it ever will :rolleyes:

Mamakash
March 21st, 2010, 04:45 PM
When my coworkers started to say "Wow! Your hair getting long!" did i notice that it was finally getting long.

BrightEyes7
March 26th, 2010, 01:06 PM
People started commenting on my hair being long between BSL and waist. I didn't feel like it is long until I just recently got to hip. It is funny how 1 inch can feel like a foot of difference!

ETA: I also agree about it feeling long when I could cover my chest. I am a busty girl and when my hair finally went past my boobs I felt like it was long.

Oskimosa
March 26th, 2010, 03:34 PM
It's STARTING to feel long now! :) It's going down most of my back, and I feel like I will be happy when it's about hip or tailbone since I'm just beginning to feel happy about it.

walterSCAN
March 27th, 2010, 10:46 PM
The first time it got long? My original goal wayyy back in middle school was to get my hair long enough to cover my boobs, so when that happened I felt like it was long.

Now, though, it doesn't feel long yet, and it won't until it touches my jeans again.

::shakes fist at 8" chop::

dollhouse
March 27th, 2010, 10:58 PM
While I still do not consider my hair long enough , I started noticing the progress after it began getting caught in everything! ie: Doors...Zippers on clothing...etc. It frightened me to think of ever getting on a roller coaster without having my hair tied, a problem that never occurred to me in my shorter haired days.

SimplyAmanda
March 28th, 2010, 12:18 PM
dollhouse Yikes! The roller coaster issue never occurred to me before! I only thought of the poor people behind me, with my hair in their face!

The first time I thought my hair was long was the first time I sat on it. If its down its always getting stuck to buttons, car doors/windows, the occasional doorknob.I think I'm addicted to my own hair, I just can't have enough!

kitmarlow
March 28th, 2010, 12:35 PM
coming from completely bald, my hair at mid-neck feels long because I can put all of it into a ponytail. I haven't had it this long since high school, but I don't think I'll call it long until it's longer than it's ever been before (low back in eighth grade) so I have a ways to go.

Cg
February 27th, 2016, 01:53 PM
Because my hair was so long in childhood, I won't consider it long again until it's past thigh.

endersworld
February 27th, 2016, 02:36 PM
I think mine started to feel long the first time it touched my lower back...but I continue to be hit with "Wow, my hair is really long!" whenever I put it up, take it down, or swish it over my shoulder (so, basically, all the time)

HeartofHaleth
February 27th, 2016, 02:45 PM
Hopefully sometime soon! ;)

Shelley48
February 27th, 2016, 03:22 PM
My hair has only recently started to feel long to me. However, some days I feel like it's not long, but average or medium. I'm almost waist length. I think I will truly be able to say everyday with confidence that it's long to me once I'm waist length.

maborosi
February 27th, 2016, 03:31 PM
I think at 36" was when I started to think that my hair was 'long'. It was the longest it'd ever been, and that was actually my original goal when I joined LHC.
Of course, I'm past that now, and want to grow waay longer. :)

Groovy Granny
February 27th, 2016, 05:46 PM
@ MBL it felt longer being able to do more styles.

Now at HIP it feels super long.....and it feels great :happydance:

gregh
March 9th, 2016, 05:37 PM
It started to feel long at about shoulder length. Since its always the longest its ever been at this point it always feels long, but looking back the previous lengths don't really seem so long anymore. Shoulder would definitely seem short now.

Sarahlabyrinth
March 9th, 2016, 05:50 PM
Probably just above BCL when my hair started brushing against my lower back.

lithostoic
March 9th, 2016, 05:57 PM
Not even APL and it's starting to feel long haha. Caught my reflection in a storefront window yesterday and had to do a doubletake!

Hairkay
March 10th, 2016, 01:33 PM
My hair is in plaits. Today I didn't tuck it in or weave the plaits back up and decided just to put it up in a ponytail. The only problem is that this doesn't seem to make that big of a difference. Too much is hanging down to call that up and that's taking my shrinkage into consideration.

Neelie
March 10th, 2016, 01:59 PM
about BSL would personally be "long" for me. anything around shoulder is acceptable for me, anything shorter and im not too happy lol

ErikaRenee
March 10th, 2016, 09:39 PM
My hair feels long to me now.

Knifegill
March 11th, 2016, 04:36 AM
Not till it hits the floor! srsly tho, pretty much now, at armpit. But every time it grows I say, "There, finally!"

fišrildi
March 11th, 2016, 04:01 PM
For some months last year, I lived in a place with no full-body mirrors. It was a bit surprising to see how much my braid had grown when I saw my full body reflection for the first time, a few months after that. Still, it doesn't feel *long* yet :lol:

Gulliver
March 13th, 2016, 06:36 AM
Even now with my hair length approaching classic, it doesn't feel long. Granted, my hair's pretty thin, so that might have something to do with it.

pailin
March 13th, 2016, 08:45 AM
People have started to refer to me as having long hair - as in 'the one with the long blond hair'. That helps.

browneyedsusan
March 13th, 2016, 09:34 AM
It does now. Probably started "feeling long" around waist?
I have to move it out of the way sometimes, and it gets caught in things. People tell me it's long, sometimes. :)

parkmikii
March 15th, 2016, 05:16 AM
At about TBL ^^

nitagurl
April 18th, 2017, 02:11 PM
I don't think I'll start to feel long until I've reached TBL or Classic.

Aredhel
April 18th, 2017, 02:24 PM
For me it started to feel long when I could comfortably pull the ends of my hair to my front (mostly just to inspect splits) from under my armpit without having to lean back or strain my neck in any way. :)

Ligeia Noire
April 20th, 2017, 08:48 PM
Not yet, might be problematic :p

Kat-Rinnč Naido
April 20th, 2017, 10:42 PM
I'm still growing and enjoying my hair.. Not sure when that day will come.

j floor hair
August 22nd, 2017, 07:14 AM
floor length is when i felt it being long

lapushka
August 22nd, 2017, 07:34 AM
Classic length for sure, when it was almost too long for comfort.

Jas
August 22nd, 2017, 08:19 AM
My hair hasn't really felt long until now actually, it's just past hip length and it's the healthiest it's ever been at this length so I think it feels better/longer in general. The longest I've had it was at BCL but it was very straggly.

leayellena
August 24th, 2017, 02:18 AM
the little surprise was one year after establishing in germany. my hair was at bra strap but the layers were at... collar bone I guess.
the greatest surprise was the day I gave up trichotillomania. my hair was already at the half distabce between waist and hip but my layeres were at waist.
yes, I need long hair. and that“s waaaaayyyy far from the trendy long hair aka bra strap...

Salwety
August 24th, 2017, 02:37 AM
My hair is at MBL and I am not there yet. It is just normal length. May be beyond waist will seem long, like TBL.