PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good product?

THEallison
March 7th, 2008, 06:47 PM
I found an old-old-old leavein conditoner of mine. It smells great!
But I can't tell if it's good for my hair.

Anybody?
The ingredients are Water, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Calendula Officinalis Extract, Matricaria Extract, Sunflower Seed Oil, DL-Panthenol, Ascorbic Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Glycerin, Sodium PCA, Isoceteth-20, Potassium Sorbate, Lactic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Benzophenone-4, Phenoxylethanol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Disodium Edta, Fragrance.

Phew!

So.... yes? Or no?

Smokie
March 7th, 2008, 07:25 PM
Looks to me like, provided you're not protein sensitive or allergic to Benzophenone-4 (it's just a preservative, but it's an allergen also apparently), you've got a pretty good product there. I'm still learning, but from what I know it looks good. Better than alot of stuff I used to put on my head. No 'cones. Has protein. Has aloe and various oils. Yep, I'd say it's worth playing with.

ETA: (Hey looka that! 100 posts! Oh, right. I was saving #100 for after I put my hair up the day LHC crashed... Bahaha. Too late now!)

Anje
March 7th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Looks like good stuff. No cones, no alcohol.

What is it? I may have to look for some.

royalscorpio
March 7th, 2008, 07:34 PM
Looks good to me. Does your hair love it too, that's the most important! What is it?

Patrycja
March 7th, 2008, 07:36 PM
My rule of thumb is If I can't pronounce it,don't use it.I've learned that from another member here.I don't always abide by it,since I use commercial conditioner sometimes.

by old,do you mean been around for awhile brandwise or old as in been in the cabinet for awhile??
the ingrediants do sound ok though.

Anje
March 7th, 2008, 07:54 PM
My rule of thumb is If I can't pronounce it,don't use it.
Unfortunately, that rule doesn't work well after you've taken organic chemistry. At that point, you can pronounce it and might even have an idea of the chemical structure, and still shouldn't use it.

THEallison
March 7th, 2008, 08:16 PM
This is something we got in like 2003, I think. It's called sunflower leave-in conditioning and detangling spray, made by a company called Back to Basis. I'll try it out tommorow, but it smells -heavenly.-

Patrycja
March 8th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Unfortunately, that rule doesn't work well after you've taken organic chemistry. At that point, you can pronounce it and might even have an idea of the chemical structure, and still shouldn't use it.

organic chemistry...that sounds interesting.good point on the ingredients.Like I said-I still use commercial conditioner though.I think I may have a problem :)

Carolyn
March 8th, 2008, 10:11 AM
I have a bottle of it that's probably that old. I like it and still use it now and then.

psvzum
March 8th, 2008, 10:28 AM
This is something we got in like 2003, I think. It's called sunflower leave-in conditioning and detangling spray, made by a company called Back to Basis. I'll try it out tommorow, but it smells -heavenly.-
I've used this product before-it was a little light for my coarse hair though-smelled great!

shellblue1
March 9th, 2008, 09:29 PM

I use it. It is good and helps with detangling. It does smell good except they repackaged it and changed the formula a bit a little while ago and it isn't quite as nice smelling as it used to be. I wonder if yours is from before they changed the scent.

Iylivarae
March 10th, 2008, 12:51 PM
We had to dispose EDTA as a dangerous-to-the-environment substance in the lab, so I don't like it in my shampoos.

Keep It Flowin
February 24th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Has anyone tried "Wen" :confused: If so what are your thoughts/experiences with it?