PDA

View Full Version : I stand Corrected..OOPS!!! :0

SunshineHair
December 28th, 2009, 12:44 AM
Now, remember, I am new here :) I measured my hair the day I joined here with a measuring tape, the kind in the hard plastic thing, with the tape thing that wont bend! I wasnt sure if it was accurate so I was fianlly able to get one of those soft measuring things, from the sewing isle :) (the exact terms for stuff is lost on me tonight)

So I was wrong, my hair isnt 17 inches, it is 18 1/2 but I was close! As I was holding it up to my scalp I saw ho long 38 inches would be which 'was' my goal length! Wayyyy too long for me!!

So my new, closer to realistic goal is 30 inches!! I'd rather not have it able to fall into my butt when I shower and stuff...which reminds me of so many questions I have of really long hair people but wont dare ask :o

julliams
December 28th, 2009, 01:19 AM
I feel the same way, I guess it's one of those things where you adapt to situations as you need to. Mine has only ever been to waist and that's my current goal. I might venture lower but I'll see how I go.

Juliette

marikamt
December 28th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Now, remember, I am new here :) I measured my hair the day I joined here with a measuring tape, the kind in the hard plastic thing, with the tape thing that wont bend! I wasnt sure if it was accurate so I was fianlly able to get one of those soft measuring things, from the sewing isle :) (the exact terms for stuff is lost on me tonight)

So I was wrong, my hair isnt 17 inches, it is 18 1/2 but I was close! As I was holding it up to my scalp I saw ho long 38 inches would be which 'was' my goal length! Wayyyy too long for me!!

So my new, closer to realistic goal is 30 inches!! I'd rather not have it able to fall into my butt when I shower and stuff...which reminds me of so many questions I have of really long hair people but wont dare ask :o

That is so funny! There are actually posts here and there about that same problem.... I just started have that issue w/ sheds in the shower... :laugh:

You would probably have a good giggle or two reading the "You know you are a longhair when...." thread.....
Let me see if I can get a link for you (I am having trouble w/ the link)
here it is
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=2902

SunshineHair
December 28th, 2009, 10:11 AM
I have been reading a little from that thread for days, love the comments LOL

shockinglength
December 28th, 2009, 07:19 PM
LOL I also wonder what they do if their hair is that long!!!

SpeakingEZ
December 28th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Haha, you just reminded me of a segment of a daytime talkshow I saw when I was a kid, of a group of girls with LONG hair cutting it off for charity.... One of them had this stone cold look on her face when she was asked why she was cutting it and she said, "This hair gets into every crevice of my body."

HildeMV
December 28th, 2009, 07:37 PM
It does...

TheEndlessOcean
December 28th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Just curious, where are you measuring from? I believe the "official" way to measure here is from the front of your hairline on your forehead down the middle of your back. Looking at your avatar that should probably give you a much longer measurement than 18.5". My hair is a fairly similar length (though I'm 6'7" and curly), and mine's close to 30" using that method.

SunshineHair
December 28th, 2009, 07:58 PM
TheEndlessOcean I measure from the hairline down the side, the 'very' middle of my back has a tiny bit that is slightly longer (due to my lack of perfesional cutting skills) So I am going from the shortest point of my hair...

The back I will eventually even up as time goes on so I'd rather list my shortest hairs, so at least when I even it I wont feel like I have lost length :)

Love your name on here!

TheEndlessOcean
December 28th, 2009, 09:31 PM
TheEndlessOcean I measure from the hairline down the side, the 'very' middle of my back has a tiny bit that is slightly longer (due to my lack of perfesional cutting skills) So I am going from the shortest point of my hair...

The back I will eventually even up as time goes on so I'd rather list my shortest hairs, so at least when I even it I wont feel like I have lost length :)That would explain it then, having to go across your head adds a lot of length :)

Love your name on here!Thanks! :D

SunshineHair
December 28th, 2009, 09:55 PM
Does that means I did it wrong?

aisling
December 28th, 2009, 11:46 PM
Does that means I did it wrong?

Yes, or at least yes if you want to do it the LHC way and have a measurement that is easier to compare to others for example. The reason for this over the head measuring way is that it usually gives consistent and reliable results, you know you always measure from the same spot.

BettyBumpyDoo
December 28th, 2009, 11:55 PM
LOL....We all make mistakes sweetie....I forgot to comb my hair one time and went to work with it all in a mess!!!!! :)

bttrfly857
December 29th, 2009, 05:43 AM
Oh, and not that it matters, but tape measure is the harder metal one that doesn't bend (like when using tools), measuring tape is the sewing one.

SunshineHair
December 29th, 2009, 11:50 AM
It is a good thing you told me that! I am so loopy I find every so often that I have been saying certain phrases and words wrong for years!

Like 2 years ago I learned it isnt life saver, it's light saber!!!!

Last month I was laughed at for days because I swear the word was bob wire, but they told me it is barb wire...sigh!!

Sissy
December 29th, 2009, 12:01 PM
It is a good thing you told me that! I am so loopy I find every so often that I have been saying certain phrases and words wrong for years!

Like 2 years ago I learned it isnt life saver, it's light saber!!!!

Last month I was laughed at for days because I swear the word was bob wire, but they told me it is barb wire...sigh!!

Ha, sometimes we mishear things and sometimes it's due to our environment and the way those around us speak. My family has some words it says wrong and I grew up thinking they really were pronounced that way until others told me the proper pronounciation. Some of the words my Mom says wrong that kind of passed down to me are...

"spectacula" instead of spectacular
Christmas "reef" instead of wreath
"cubert" instead of cupboard

and my personal favorite... she also says,
"stop hoovering over me!"
when what she really means to say is,
"stop hovering (uh sound) over me"!

Hoovering is vacuum cleaning LOL, and hovering is quite different thing completely :D

Islandgrrl
December 29th, 2009, 12:30 PM
"spectacula" instead of spectacular
Christmas "reef" instead of wreath
"cubert" instead of cupboard

and my personal favorite... she also says,
"stop hoovering over me!"
when what she really means to say is,
"stop hovering (uh sound) over me"!

Hoovering is vacuum cleaning LOL, and hovering is quite different thing completely :D

Oh, how I laughed at this. Not at your expense....it just brought back memories of all the weird things I grew up hearing from non-native english speakers in my family.

Electic scissors - what my grandmother used to say when my grandfather had an epileptic seizure. I can laugh at this one now...my daughter is epileptic, too.

Vuh-cation was how they all pronounced vacation, with the V being pronounced frighteningly close to an F.

Just about any word ending in "ing" was pronounced as though it ended in "ink." My mother still does this.

SunshineHair
December 29th, 2009, 02:34 PM
My hair measures 25 inches!