PDA

View Full Version : Scared to take length picture

eadwine
March 7th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Every three months I take one, next one is almost up. Every time I take a length picture I fear it hasn't grown and that I am better off not taking one for then I won't be disappointed.

I only get my length micro-trimmed every 18-21 weeks now, just had the last trim 5 weeks ago.

I know I am a wuss :lol: But I just don't dare!

royalscorpio
March 7th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Yeah, I share the same fear. I want the hair to grow so I can be amazed at the growth and such! :) If you really don't want to do it, perhaps you could put it off for another month or so?

eadwine
March 7th, 2008, 06:23 PM
I think I might just do that *chuckles* People who are anticipating can wait. My hair, my decision. I just want to go "ohhh look, it grew!" instead of "hrmmm well.. that ain't much". :)

Curlsgirl
March 7th, 2008, 06:49 PM
Oh my gosh I do the same thing! I FEEL like my hair has grown and I can do new updos easier but I just KNOW it won't look like it when I take a picture! Is that called some kind of phobia like Backapicophobia? :lol:

eadwine
March 7th, 2008, 06:55 PM
:lol: There MUST be a name for it, yes. I just get so worried that it might not show.. and I want it to. Or that it doesn't show as much growth as it did before. Less makes me insecure too haha

MusingFrog
March 7th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Well, if you really want to see some growth. I suggest waiting a year and then taking pictures. You will have definite growth then. :D (ok, I know I'm no help ;))

Teacherbear
March 7th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Look at your timeline of photos! You've grown, I'm certain! Now . . . get those photos posted! :)

feralnature
March 7th, 2008, 09:50 PM
Yes, take a photo! I took my first in January, when I joined here...I can't post it yet as I don't have enough posts on this forum, but I will go ahead and take photos along my hair growing journey and see for myself how my hair is growing. I may post them later on.

So be brave and take your pic! You have growth showing well on your other ones, I am sure you will have additional growth an the next pic you take:)

Cinnamon Hair
March 7th, 2008, 10:39 PM
I just want to go "ohhh look, it grew!" instead of "hrmmm well.. that ain't much". :)

If it were my hair I would be going "hmm well.. that ain't much." In 3 months I get .75 to an inch of growth.

Perhaps it would be more encouraging to do 6 month or yearly growth pics? Of course at this stage of the game (less than 1 year on LHC according to your stats) the biggest difference you should notice is condition rather than growth. My hair looks completely different than it did before I joined.

Good luck with the progress pics, and try not to set too high a standard. Hair will grow in its own sweet time.

eadwine
March 8th, 2008, 12:33 AM
Oh I know it will, and I know it grows, or my bangs wouldn't be wanting to get themselves snuggles in my eyes pretty soon :lol: I am not that stuck up about it. I know it has grown. I am just fearing it shows less than I would like to see in the pictures, you know.

I know I have this nice progress going on in the siggie images. It is just this feeling that I rather avoid maybe getting disappointed than actually getting disappointed. It is most likely a completely irrational thing :) I just hate to feel down about my hair, there is no reason to after all.

The condition of it is great, no longer changing, but that is cool. It is looking the best it could be :D

Who knows how I feel next week, I just might take that pic still :lol: :roll:

Velvettt
March 8th, 2008, 03:26 AM
After several frustrating and useless hours, I managed to find a pic in my Photobucket that fits the siggy requirements and isn't too dratted small to see. What's interesting about it for me is that the pic very clearly shows the over-bleached ends wrapped around the outside of the bun. Those ends are long gone now!

The last few months I've been depressed about my hair not growing, even though I know I've been trimming off the most damaged ends every month.

This pic shows it! Yay me! So this is my version of a length pic.

tiny_teesha
March 8th, 2008, 05:12 AM
i think you should take a photo, so that when you look back on it there is consistant timing between photos. I try to take a photo everymonth, but i am not perfect to the day. It is a bit annoying when i take one photo in the middle of the month and the next photo right at the start....the growth isn't seen!
So i will just say. Take a lot of photos, post the one which looks longest. For this month i got one photo that looked BSL and one that was 2 inches past waist. I need to keep my head straight! hehe :P
I give you moral support! I love you hair it is sooo thick and shiney! And i adore the colour! (light to medium brown is what i wish my hair colour was!)

FrannyG
March 8th, 2008, 05:34 AM
Definitely take the photo. It would be a shame to miss out on that piece of your timeline. I find it really important to take those regular photos, not just for now, but for next year.

When you take your March photo next year, you will be able to look at the photo that you are going to take this year, and see just how much longer it has become after a year.

I think you'll regret it if you have a hole in your progress photos, and you may be surprised at the difference between your new photo and the last one. Just don't expect much and you won't be disappointed. :flower:

eadwine
March 8th, 2008, 06:50 AM
That is definitely true. OK I will take the picture next week hehe.

Light to medium brown. Hmm.. I think that is the flash fooling you. Here is a picture of my hair without the flash:

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/1403/forknoflashxj6.th.jpg (http://img520.imageshack.us/my.php?image=forknoflashxj6.jpg)

Katze
March 11th, 2008, 04:15 AM
your sig pics definitely show growth! one thing that might be confusing is that as the hair gets longer, your pics are taken from farther away so the overall length of hair might look the same, even though it isn't!

I can never remember to measure regularly or to take pics (and download, alter their format, lighting, etc, then shrink them back down, upload, post) on a regular basis. I am a kind of nonlinear and "creative" person who doesn't stick to routines or regimens very easily. But I am also afraid to photograph my hair because I have lost SO much this winter and because I'm worried the ends are thin again and I will have to trim. I keep getting to almost-BSL and then it looks so ratty that I MUST cut.

I think we are our hair's own worst enemies at times...!

goldenwaves
May 27th, 2008, 03:18 AM
I think you should take a pic! And perhaps if you haven't grown much, wait 6 months before you take another one. In your pics your hair looks like it has grown a lot. Congrats.

DecafJane
May 27th, 2008, 03:42 AM
Your hair pictures always show growth, to me! I'm looking forward to your next picture. :)

Saranne772
May 27th, 2008, 04:13 AM
Take it and post :) I take my very regularly, but Im strange like that

tiny_teesha
May 27th, 2008, 05:36 AM
I'm the opposite. i want to track what is going on behind my head. I take LOTS of photos :)

eadwine
May 27th, 2008, 12:16 PM
:lol:

You who just today encouraged me, check my siggie ;) I have LONG ago taken pics *giggles*

yogachic
May 27th, 2008, 12:40 PM
I have the opposite problem, I take too many photos as totally random times of the month. I need to stop that.

connie
May 27th, 2008, 12:56 PM
If you'd feel disappointed in not seeing alot of progress, then I think you should just wait to take the picture. There's not much point in doing it if it's just going to discourage you.

Better to wait alittle longer...

GlennaGirl
May 27th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Oh take it! Take it take it take it take it take it!!!

No pressure.

ReadingRenee
May 27th, 2008, 01:32 PM
ahh yes I see Eadwine... this is an old thread!

Good for you for taking pics. :D

eadwine
May 27th, 2008, 02:05 PM
:lol: Yeah I am just going to take them regularly or when I feel there is more growth than usual.