View Full Version : OK, I have to say it.. Long haired guys are HOT! :)

Pages : [1] 2

backtolonghair
November 28th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Yes, they are!
It's so funny because I used to be turned off to guys with longer hair... I used to like the Zack Morris look from Saved by the Bell...with the shorter spiked surfer boy look. Remember those days? :)

But now I am finding myself really attracted to the long haired guys...
(Remember Brad Pitt from the movie Legends of the Fall, anyone?? :cloud9:

I'm wondering if this will continue??? And I"m also wondering if it has to do with the growing trend of guys growing their hair out to about chin length.. I see alot of guys doing that. It looks awesome too! What are your thoughts?

ETA: Just a general Modly reminder, please keep comments respectful towards the men you are "oogling". ;)
Dvips

marajade
November 28th, 2008, 08:28 PM
I always loved Brad Pitt with long hair!!! Interview with the Vampire was nice.

Curlsgirl
November 28th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Oh definitely me too! I was just thinking that while watching Braveheart for the hundredth time tonight! All those gorgeous guys with long hair! Maybe most are wigs but I think Mel Gibson actually grew his hair out for it or am I wrong? Anyway I totally agree! I always try not to stare at them when I see them in the stores. :o

jessie58
November 28th, 2008, 08:29 PM
Oh I can vouch for this, yes it will continue. The longer you are at LHC, the more you will become attracted to long haired men. Uh huh. I can attest to that. :)

Addy
November 28th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Well, I was just wondering what took you so long? :D haha!

I love long hair on guys! Gives them a nice bad boy image. RRrrrrrRrrrRRrrrr :eyebrows:

Elainehali
November 28th, 2008, 08:44 PM
Funny you should bring this up.

There was this customer at my work and he is basically ADORABLE. (and happend to have long little past shoulder length hair pulled back in a pony tail).

The next day I was surppized to see him at school.. AND he remembered me--said hi--and was flirting.

I got kinda...scared off... I said I had to go! (lame)

Now I'm wondering around school hoping to run into him again, but so far no luck. I keep looking for the tall blonde guy with the pony tail.

Now I've notice how many guys have long hair at my school.

I'm looking for a specific one though. darn my luck! (and shyness!)

Themyst
November 28th, 2008, 08:50 PM
:agree: Oh, yeah!!!

But my DH has a flattop - he doesn't look good with long hair :(

Must find my Braveheart tape!

backtolonghair
November 28th, 2008, 09:08 PM
Funny you should bring this up.

There was this customer at my work and he is basically ADORABLE. (and happend to have long little past shoulder length hair pulled back in a pony tail).

The next day I was surppized to see him at school.. AND he remembered me--said hi--and was flirting.

I got kinda...scared off... I said I had to go! (lame)

Now I'm wondering around school hoping to run into him again, but so far no luck. I keep looking for the tall blonde guy with the pony tail.

Now I've notice how many guys have long hair at my school.

I'm looking for a specific one though. darn my luck! (and shyness!)

Aww.. I just said a prayer for you and I hope you do find him... Let us know what happens.. Hopefully you'll run into him again. Is it a big campus?

Blessings

Angellen
November 28th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Oh, yes. Oh, completely. Mmm. :cloud9:

winter_star
November 28th, 2008, 09:38 PM
Yes I definately have to agree and I have said it many times before. I personally am only ever attracted to guys with long hair and have been all my life.

Drynwhyl
November 29th, 2008, 04:36 AM
Oh, yes, they are hot. <3
:D

velvetcat
November 29th, 2008, 06:07 AM
oh yes, I love long hair on men too :)

there were many guys in high school who grew out to about chin length, but only because dress code rules said their hair couldn't touch the collar. It's as long as they could get away with.

Long haired men always grab my attention.

bunnii
November 29th, 2008, 06:41 AM
Mmmhmmmm :D BF has long hair (about BSL if he wore a bre lol) and it's dark and he has gorgeous curls :inlove: he also has the longest eyelashes i've ever seen mmmmmmmmmmmm....

Beatnik Guy
November 29th, 2008, 07:02 AM
:whistle:

Heidi_234
November 29th, 2008, 07:07 AM
I'm only turned on by long haired guys! I can't seem to notice others hehe.

bettybaker
November 29th, 2008, 08:30 AM
It's the truth! Men with long hair make me go all thumpity in the chest.

Shadow Walker
November 29th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Good to know we're appreciated! :)

DavidN
November 29th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Thank you for starting this thread, Backtolonghair!:cheer:

jera
November 29th, 2008, 08:45 AM
Good to know we're appreciated! :)

Nice hair Shadow_Walker. Long haired guys are yummy. :p They make me weak in the knees.

EdG
November 29th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the kind words. We need encouragement. :)
Ed

GlassEyes
November 29th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Hahaha.

I'm agreeing whole-heartedly with this thread in general. xD;

Shadow Walker
November 29th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Nice hair Shadow_Walker. Long haired guys are yummy. :p They make me weak in the knees.

Thank you very much. :)

joyellen
November 29th, 2008, 10:14 AM
What can I say that hasn't already been said? I love long haired men :agree:

Naluin
November 29th, 2008, 10:59 AM
What else can I do but agree?

Grow, men, grow! :cheer:

Gumball
November 29th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Popped in to say woo! :cool:

Gilly
November 29th, 2008, 01:35 PM
What can I say that hasn't already been said? I love long haired men :agree:

Oh yes!!!!:eyebrows:

peachy.pudding
November 29th, 2008, 02:02 PM
I think either way a man can look good, i dont go out of my way to find a man with long or short hair, i guess a man is more than his hair, but if he has nice hair its a bonus

Dianyla
November 29th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Oh I can vouch for this, yes it will continue. The longer you are at LHC, the more you will become attracted to long haired men. Uh huh. I can attest to that. :)
This is very true! :crush:

Also, the more time you spend on LHC, the more often you catch yourself doing mental makeovers on other people (men and women both) guessing what kind of hair they would have if they grew it out. :lol:

PurpleAshes
November 29th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Men with long hair look great!
It's such a shame that my boyfriend's mother makes him get a haircut every time his hair gets to his collarbone :'(

Mishka_84
November 29th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Ooh, I love guys with long hair! That's my only gripe about DH being in the Army, he has to keep his hair very short. Though I don't think he'd ever let his hair grow out. I wish he would!!!

Medvssa
November 29th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Guys with short hair (and I mean shoulder lenght at least) completely fly under my radar :lol:

Lady Lilya
November 29th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Men with long hair look great!
It's such a shame that my boyfriend's mother makes him get a haircut every time his hair gets to his collarbone :'(

Grrrr. The way I see it, if a human being is old enough to date, he or she is certainly old enough to be the sovereign over his or her own body and appearance.

PurpleAshes
November 29th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Grrrr. The way I see it, if a human being is old enough to date, he or she is certainly old enough to be the sovereign over his or her own body and appearance.

Jej, I know.. His mom can be very insistant and annoying though. So he just ends up getting his hair cut to get her to stop insisting every few hours:(

Lady Lilya
November 29th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Yeah, I always notice the long haired guys when I am out.

My husband had longer hair when I met him (in high school). It was a little past shoulders and slightly wavy and had naturally golden highlights. Now it is short, but it suits him. But I still think of him as being long haired. (Kinda like I still think of myself as not having stretch marks and a saggy middle due to having a baby, and am shocked every time I see my body in the mirror.)

Lady Lilya
November 29th, 2008, 04:08 PM
Ahhh, that is how it happened for my husband at one point. The reason his hair was long in high school was due to neglect. He rarely bothered to get a hair cut. Then for a long time he got it cut regularly and it was short. I persuaded him to grow it out again. He looked good with it down, but not so much when it was pulled back. But he always kept it in a pony tail because it bothered him otherwise. Anyway, his mother pressured him for months that the reason he couldn't find a job after he graduated from college was because of the hair. He is the kind who just gives in to other people to avoid the unpleasant interaction, so he cut it. But now he is really happy with it short, and he feels like it suits his idea of himself. I don't think he will ever want to grow it long again.

Nes
November 29th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Ooh i'm so agreeing with this thread. Long haired men always look kind of... wild and interesting. Definitely yummy

*cough* beatnik guy *cough*

heehee :)

Nes x

Elphie
November 29th, 2008, 06:39 PM
I've always found long-haired guys attractive. Dated MANY men with long hair. Who do I marry? Someone who's bald. LOL.

I guess I'm just into extremes :eyebrows:

rockkcor
November 29th, 2008, 06:43 PM
:)
I think - longer the better- both sexes!
Floorlength couple walking down the street? Hey - count me in! I am there!

trolleypup
November 30th, 2008, 12:46 AM
I guess it is a good thing that most guys really don't mind being there to decorate other's worlds.

...and, it didn't take any time at all for me to fixate on long hair once I got here... :crush:

winter_star
November 30th, 2008, 01:23 AM
Ooh i'm so agreeing with this thread. Long haired men always look kind of... wild and interesting. Definitely yummy

*cough* beatnik guy *cough*

heehee :)

Nes x

Hmmm... Yes there are a few eye catchers lurking around here. :eyebrows:

Alun
November 30th, 2008, 01:26 AM
This is always good to know.

I promise you I'll never cut it short.

Katze
November 30th, 2008, 06:59 AM
Every time I look at my sweetheart I realize how true this is. This morning he was fingercombing his hair and I thought how well it suits him, followed by why can't *I* have his waves, thickness, and color?!?

I used to mostly like short haired guys, but BF has changed my feelings on this. A lot. I find myself checking out guys who look like him; tall, blond-ish, lean, with glasses.

Hopefully more guys will continue to buck tradition and grow their hair long, despite what society says.

Oh, a funny story about this; we have a weird supermarket that's open 24 hours (except Sundays) in our neighborhood. They are more expensive, but we like going there because there are always interesting freaks. Recently the cashier - a north African looking woman with GORGEOUS long curls, asked my BF if she could ask him a question that she'd been wanting to ask for months. Sure, he answered. She pointed to his bank card and asked, "is your title real? I mean, are you really called "Dr"? And if so, what kind of doctorate is it?" He said he thought about saying something really weird, but couldn't think of a funny answer quickly enough, so told her the truth, which is that his doctorate is in chemistry. She looked surprised, but accepted this. I guess she didn't think a guy who looks like him would have a doctorate. And maybe she thought he was hot, too...

trillcat
November 30th, 2008, 07:22 AM
I also love long hair on men, just tooooo sexy! I see that there are many fine example of them posting on this site *flirts shamlessly with good looking long hair men* :D

LisaButz2001
November 30th, 2008, 07:33 AM
I'm not attracted to guys with long hair, except for three real life exceptions, two of whom don't have long hair now. The guy who played Zach is now on Raising the Bar and looks awful with the new long haired style.

AmandaPanda
November 30th, 2008, 08:42 AM
I like long hair on guys who, in my opinion, can "pull it off"

With that said, my new guy has long curly hair that looks great! I've seen pictures of him with short hair, and long hair totally suits him better!

florenonite
November 30th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Oh, a funny story about this; we have a weird supermarket that's open 24 hours (except Sundays) in our neighborhood. They are more expensive, but we like going there because there are always interesting freaks. Recently the cashier - a north African looking woman with GORGEOUS long curls, asked my BF if she could ask him a question that she'd been wanting to ask for months. Sure, he answered. She pointed to his bank card and asked, "is your title real? I mean, are you really called "Dr"? And if so, what kind of doctorate is it?" He said he thought about saying something really weird, but couldn't think of a funny answer quickly enough, so told her the truth, which is that his doctorate is in chemistry. She looked surprised, but accepted this. I guess she didn't think a guy who looks like him would have a doctorate. And maybe she thought he was hot, too...

That's a brilliant story! And I agree, long hair on guys is gorgeous.

Darscilla
November 30th, 2008, 09:07 AM
<<<nods until her head falls off>>> I have to admit that I notice men who I wouldn't otherwise find attractive just because they have long hair. Not just because it looks hot, but there are certain 'types' of men who grow their hair, e.g. hippy, metal head. non-conformist etc. all of which I know I'm going to get on with ;)
It did occur to me though, how fast would this thread have been closed if it had been a group of guys saying the same about long haired females, amid cries of them hair-you-know-what-ists? Bit of a double standard?

Drynwhyl
November 30th, 2008, 11:27 AM
I don't know what is it with me, I have a long haired boyfriend, but every time I see some guy with long hair I'm like "whoooo is thaat? :eyebrows:" xD
It's not like I consider that unfaithfulness, it's just a pretty sight. :p

trillcat
November 30th, 2008, 12:34 PM
I don't know what is it with me, I have a long haired boyfriend, but every time I see some guy with long hair I'm like "whoooo is thaat? :eyebrows:" xD
It's not like I consider that unfaithfulness, it's just a pretty sight. :p
Dat be eye candies!

trillcat
November 30th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Dat be eye candies!

Oooh that sounded bad, we are not here to decorate anothers world and all that....... but I like looking at long haired men. :D

jera
November 30th, 2008, 03:52 PM
It's surprisng how all the long haired guys on this board seem unaware of the power their hair could have over us women. Lucky for us. ;)

Shandra
November 30th, 2008, 06:01 PM
I'm definately more attracted to long haired men.... yum...

kwaniesiam
November 30th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Yes, yes they are :heartbeat: I adore long hair on guys, always have.

PurpleAshes
November 30th, 2008, 07:22 PM
I like long hair on guys who, in my opinion, can "pull it off"

With that said, my new guy has long curly hair that looks great! I've seen pictures of him with short hair, and long hair totally suits him better!

AmandaPanda, were you in the LPU/some other Linkin Park forum? =0

purplebubba
November 30th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Ok I have to let you say it.

trolleypup
November 30th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Oooh that sounded bad, we are not here to decorate anothers world and all that....... but I like looking at long haired men. :D
Mmhmm!

*preens*

nicolezoie
November 30th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Husband is shorthaired by nature and a longhair at heart, but I have enough hair for the two of us. :) He knows I have a thing for longhaired guys, but he knows I picked him over them.

Beatnik Guy
December 1st, 2008, 02:56 PM
It's surprisng how all the long haired guys on this board seem unaware of the power their hair could have over us women. Lucky for us. ;)
Unaware? :frog:

NeilTheFuzz
December 1st, 2008, 03:00 PM
Thank god for that. I thought my gf was THE only one girl who likes long hair on lads :)

maskedrose
December 1st, 2008, 05:41 PM
I'll raise my glass to that! :toast: Long haired guys really are totally yummy - but my preference is that the long hair be paired with towering height and a fair bit of muscle... mmmm!! I was treated to such a sight a couple of nights ago at the grocery store and I must say that it totally made my night. After all, who doesn't want to catch a glimpse of a tall, broad guy with shoulder-length blonde hair and twinkly eyes? Too bad I'm so shy that I just blushed madly and looked away quickly :o

Sooo, keep growing guys! You obviously have our support!

Raven69
December 1st, 2008, 06:05 PM
I guess I have always sort of liked some guys with long hair (mostly just shoulder length or shorter) though for me, it depends. Not all guys can pull off having long hair. If the guy can keep it like the way Brad Pitt had his and the other long hairs in all vampire movies - then that's hott. But, pony tails...I don't like. Now since being on LHC I am more open to the varying types of hair and what not. Personally I think guys with a bronze tan (of a dark complexion or darker - close to it with dark brown/black hair) are really...yeah... :D*thinks she may need a cold shower*

Speedbump
December 1st, 2008, 06:09 PM
I've always preferred long hair and beards on dudes. And we have some really great examples on this board, too. :eyebrows:

thankyousir74
December 1st, 2008, 06:56 PM
I've always liked longer hair on guys. DBF is the absolute perfect example hee :inlove:

invisiblebabe
December 1st, 2008, 07:00 PM
Yes, they are!
It's so funny because I used to be turned off to guys with longer hair... I used to like the Zack Morris look from Saved by the Bell...with the shorter spiked surfer boy look. Remember those days? :)

Ahahahaha YES I do remember! I used to like Zack when I was like 10 years old, lol.

Now as far as celebs... hmm, Milo Ventimiglia (he plays Peter on Heroes) looks a lot like my husband :) and I like his hair here:

(Photo removed because of possible copyright infringements. Please place a link, instead.)

Snowymoon
December 2nd, 2008, 01:17 PM
I can't remember when I did not prefer long hair and beards on men. :eyebrows: Lucky for me, my hubby has both long hair and facial stubble. Rrrrar! :heartbeat:

xrosiex
December 2nd, 2008, 01:47 PM
I've always preferred long hair and beards on dudes. And we have some really great examples on this board, too. :eyebrows:

I totally agree with you Speedbump :agree::heartbeat:heartbeat:heartbeat

<She>
December 2nd, 2008, 01:51 PM
I used to love long hair on guys, but only if they really take proper care. I keep seeing longhaired guys with not-so-great hair, so they don't really catch my eyes.
Now I'm liking shorter and edge-ier styled hair on guys more and more.

GibsonGirlV
December 2nd, 2008, 05:19 PM
I guess I'm in the minority here, but I've never personally found long hair on men attractive. Don't get me wrong, it looks great on some, and some men pull it off brilliantly, but when it comes to attraction I've always been rather turned off by it. On the other side, I'm also turned off by hair that's too short on men... There's got to be something to grab onto :p. I just love a classic, clean-cut look on men. Something timeless and sophisticated. Not too short, not too long. Besides, my sweetie would look look just awful with long hair. It just doesn't suit him at all.

lora410
December 2nd, 2008, 05:36 PM
I never used to like long hair on men until LHC, and there are a few good looking guys on here for sure:eyebrows:

jera
December 3rd, 2008, 09:14 AM
Unaware? :frog:

So, you are aware of the impact your long hair has on women. :demon:

Most of the men on this board reacted as though they didn't have a clue, and that any sexual appeal their hair held was incidental because they're too busy being artists, artisans, musicians, poets, novelists, softwear engineers, inventors, bloggists, etc.

Somehow, I find that more alluring.;) No offense, of course. :o

Bubbleguppy
December 3rd, 2008, 09:41 AM
I'm in agreement that guys with long hair are super hot :D I've always loved guys with long hair, which made it all the more awesome when I met gumball, who looks totally hot with long hair! haha! I just wish he would wear it down more cause I love it so much, but his hair tangles so easily.

saman
December 3rd, 2008, 03:03 PM
Bubbleguppy
I'm so happy for you and Gumball.Long haired couples are really awesome.

paper
December 4th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Theres something mysterious and sexy about a man with long hair. They definitely turn my head! :crush:

Krifantasy
December 4th, 2008, 08:46 AM
I have always liked long hair on guys. My DH has longer hair than mine. His is just past BSL and is stick straight. As he doesn't do anything special to it at all, it seems to have reached terminal at that length. He hasn't had a trim in over 8 years and it hasn't grown any longer (not that he wants it to be any longer). I just love the way it looks when he wears it down (normally he pulls it back in a low pony).

When i think about it, most of the guys I dated before my DH had long hair too or decided to grow it out while we were dating.

Vampire Girl 95
July 3rd, 2009, 08:25 PM
Sister, I couldn't agree with you more! I ABSOLUTELY love guys with long hair!

ericthegreat
July 3rd, 2009, 08:32 PM
Hey, how you doin'?:grnbiggri

:blossom:

Ponytale
July 3rd, 2009, 08:40 PM
You know, most of the posters on this thread are younger than me...
I figured this one out in the 80s. So...I married a rock musician.

Stubborn
July 3rd, 2009, 08:49 PM
Ahem. Well... hello there :D

hahaha

Bene
July 3rd, 2009, 08:58 PM
really really really depends on the guy. i'm not gonna see a long haired guy from behind and automatically assume he's hot. it takes a little bit more than hair to get my attention.

ChatoyantLocks
July 3rd, 2009, 09:19 PM

I totally agree with you Speedbump :agree::heartbeat:heartbeat:heartbeat

Thirded! :D

invisiblebabe
July 3rd, 2009, 09:37 PM
Yes, they are!

Hahahaha, I totally thought Zack was cute when I was in 5th grade. :D Brings back memories!

redcelticcurls
July 3rd, 2009, 10:09 PM
A double plus if it's long and curly.

http://i41.tinypic.com/avo4rc.jpg

HeatherJenae
July 3rd, 2009, 10:25 PM
I know! I always get so frustrated with my guy friends when they cut their hair super short. I'm like, grow it long!!! Girls love that!

A few examples:
Lou Diamond Phillips- Young Guns
Steven Strait- Sky High
Joseph Gordon Levitt- Brick
Noah Hathaway- The Neverending Story
Pretty much any gorgeous Native American actor including Eric Schweig in The Last of the Mohicans, Kalani Queypo in The New World, Taylor Lautner in the upcoming New Moon
Brad Pitt- Interview with the Vampire
Antonio Banderas- Desperado

I worked at a video store for 5 years, I could go on and on! My point is, these are all awesome men and masculine as hell. They make women swoon and so do the long haired guys on LHC! Keep up the awesome growth guys!!! :)

Torrin Paige
July 3rd, 2009, 10:25 PM
I like both! I love a man in uniform, so short hair is acceptable when accompanied by a uniform (be it military, firemen, cops, paramedics, what have you...I dig guys in "outfits"). I married a Navy man (who looked beautiful in his dress whites, by the way)who had to keep his hair short. He thought about growing it long for years, but could never get past the "touching his ears and driving him crazy" stage so it stayed short. I finally allowed him to have some facial hair (he's got the Orlando Bloom in Pirate's goatee thingy going on) so he agreed to grow his hair out for me. I wanted a long haired man of my very own. And oh my have other women noticed! Granted he's one of those tall guys that can fix anything...but now that his hair is all unruly giant curls? They just keep chatting him up. He is perplexed. But he's a hot perplexed! and he's all mine...mwahaha! :demon:

So, um, yes, long haired menfolk are the hotness. :D

Quixii
July 3rd, 2009, 10:30 PM
Yes please! I've always thought that. I think my first movie-crush was Legolas in LotR with his long hair. <3

Arctic_Mama
July 3rd, 2009, 11:28 PM
My husband has longer hair (APL-Shoulder depending on the month) and while I didn't have an opinion on long hair on most guys, I love love love it on him.

hennaphile
July 3rd, 2009, 11:32 PM
Long hair on guys is incredibly attractive. I've always had a thing for it, and though short hair CAN look good, I MUCH prefer long hair :D

mugglemomof3
July 4th, 2009, 12:08 AM
A double plus if it's long and curly.

Thank you for posting this photo of Troy - I don't have this one saved yet!!! *sigh* He's so loverly!!! :cool:

redcelticcurls
July 4th, 2009, 12:12 AM
That he is, Mugglemomof3, that he is.

I'd love to boing his curls.

RavennaNight
July 4th, 2009, 12:25 AM
:yumm:

(10 characters)

hennaphile
July 4th, 2009, 12:32 AM
For me the exception is mullets.

I just block out the eighties when I think of :cloud9: guys with long hair :P

Sashay
July 4th, 2009, 01:20 AM
Agreed. I don't care for mullets either. But I do love guys with long hair. I love my hubby's APL hair. Fine, blond, straight, so pretty, and he can comb it in like, 3 strokes. So jealousy inspiring. It still takes me at least 5 minutes to carefully detangle mine (grumble). He's says he's going to cut it after he passes the CPA exam :( hard for me to imagine.

bonza16
July 4th, 2009, 01:44 AM
We certainly are. I often find myself staring at guys with long hair.

With some of them, I realise they have nothing I want apart from the hair - but they do have the hair...

There don't seem to be many gay men entirely enamoured with long hair but I am working on it. It does seem to be taking ages - but I am only one man.

Absinthegelatin
July 4th, 2009, 01:59 AM
I am a serial longhair dater. : D

Actually, I also love guys with shaved/bald heads too so I suppose I am just into extremes.
I also love guys who can rock both (Maynard from the band Tool for example, although I had heard several times that his long hair was a wig...)

I have only dated guys with long hair since I turned 18...I love a nice longhair!!

Moonstruck
July 4th, 2009, 02:04 AM
DBF has a floofy sorta jew-fro type hairstyle going on. I think he'd personally prefer something that looked a little more polished, but he's never worked something out that works.
Me, I love it. ^^"

And long haired men on TV look sooo soo good. Long haired men IRL vary - they can look superb, but the condition of their hair often puts me off a bit. Girls that have long hair seem to know more about their care... I guess it's a cultural/social thing.

neon-dream
July 4th, 2009, 02:14 AM
I am a serial longhair dater. : D
Lol! Same here, out of the 4 boys I have dated, 3 of them have been longhairs.
I love it :crush:
I also love tall guys, so long haired tall guys make me :thud:

Elettaria
July 4th, 2009, 04:58 AM
I think I've only met one gay man with long hair, and I met him so briefly that I wasn't even told he was my boyfriend's ex until afterwards! (To which I responded, "You never mentioned that he has lovely long red hair!" Shows you what I noticed.) I've known quite a few bi men with long hair, including my beloved. He occasionally threatens to shave his head, he's worried about the receding hairline, though he does realise I won't be wildly happy about it when he does.

It's funny how we can all get away with this when a post by men about women with long hair would be somewhat icky. It's probably because men are generally in a position of power, it's women who are usually being objectified, and long hair on men is a minority sport, so I don't think it's doing any harm.

So while we're into total objectification here, how has nobody mentioned long haid AND EYELINER? Obviously these don't necessarily look good on all men, but there are so many men who look distinctly hot like that, and far too few try it.

Incidentally, if you see Johnny Depp with short hair, you're unlikely to recognise him. He has short hair a few times in The Libertine, and he looked astonishingly different. Jonathan Rhys Meyers is another man who, while recognisable in short hair, shouldn't be allowed out in anything except gorgeous long hair. And preferably with eyeliner too.

Jason
July 4th, 2009, 06:48 AM
This is a great thread!:D

EdG
July 4th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Yes, this is a great thread. :D
Ed

Kanntara
July 4th, 2009, 07:40 AM
I agree! :inlove: I'll always enjoy a good swoon over a long haired guy. My DB is a short hair tho but it suits him.

Another post said "we are not here to decorate anothers world". While I agree that I'm not here to make another persons world prettier (except maybe my DBF :eyebrows:), I do like to think we make the world prettier as a whole.

raindiamonds
July 4th, 2009, 07:51 AM
I love long hair on guys:)My dh has long hair

Kristen_Marie
July 4th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Me being the History lover that I am, have always adored/been attracted/what have you - to men with long hair. I love the idea of the noble warrior with long hair (good call on Braveheart) or the Kings and Lords of old. Hmm. <(^_^)^ Yay!

ladylibra
July 4th, 2009, 08:35 AM
I do not particularly find that long hair equals hotness on a guy. But I will say this... the majority of guys I run into with long hair usually have gorgeous tresses. (By "long" I mean shoulder length and beyond.) So it's kind of a boost to their attractiveness. If that makes sense. :D

Oh, I'd boing more than his curls...

*Looks around to make sure SO isn't looking at computer screen* :laugh:

brok3nwings
July 4th, 2009, 08:52 AM
I actually was always atracted by men with long hair...since really little! Since i remember myself...but most of my friends dont like it AT ALL. I dont mind, i find it special to love something a bit rare :)

Hilargi
July 4th, 2009, 09:46 AM
I tend to find men more attractive with long hair, specially accompained by a nice beard. :inlove:

Two things that seems to be out of fashion nowadays, and it's truly a pity.

slz
July 4th, 2009, 09:49 AM
I guess I'm just into extremes :eyebrows:
Same here : hot = longhair OR bald (or nearly). In between they mainly "fall under my radar" like someone already said :D .

really really really depends on the guy. i'm not gonna see a long haired guy from behind and automatically assume he's hot. it takes a little bit more than hair to get my attention.
I have to admit in my case, the "little bit more" it takes is just, hum, *very* little :eyebrows: . More like bonza said :

I often find myself staring at guys with long hair.

With some of them, I realise they have nothing I want apart from the hair - but they do have the hair...

And whoever mentionned the facial hair : ooohhh yes. Longhair + facial hair = THE hot. At this point I don't really care for the rest of the guy :D

It did occur to me though, how fast would this thread have been closed if it had been a group of guys saying the same about long haired females, amid cries of them hair-you-know-what-ists? Bit of a double standard?
I completely agree - in my case I'm pretty much aware I'm bordering f*ism (boooh bad bad f word :eyebrows: :eyebrows: ). So I'm not going to throw any stone at any guy who's guilty of the same sin - and the other way around, I do understand fully the stupîdity of the "hair attraction" when it comes so close to objectification : it's not *you as a person* I'm attracted to, it's just *your hair*. Bad bad me, beat me - hum then if you're a longhaired guy, you can beat me harder :eyebrows: :eyebrows: 8) :run:

RoseRedDead
July 4th, 2009, 10:08 AM
Like anything it depends on the man... But yes, sometimes longhair dudes are very hot. (In all truth, I dig the military buzz cut though, even more than long hair... mm...)

GreyLadyBast
July 4th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Maybe it's because I Was a Teenaged Metalhead (in the 80's, no less!) but I absolutely adore long-haired me. In fact, I love it to the point where if a man with long hair who made me drool cuts it, I suddenly don't find him as hot as he was before.

Shallow? Absolutely, but then again, I'm a shallow and cold-hearted person. This is why I don't date. I just drool over the cuties, and the cutest cuties inevitably have long hair.

Bast

Tangles
July 4th, 2009, 10:42 AM
While I admit long hair can be highly attractive on a guy with certain facial features, more and more these days I'm liking it when guys have very short hair, or even no hair. Very odd.

mugglemomof3
July 4th, 2009, 10:45 AM
Maybe it's because I Was a Teenaged Metalhead (in the 80's, no less!) but I absolutely adore long-haired me. In fact, I love it to the point where if a man with long hair who made me drool cuts it, I suddenly don't find him as hot as he was before.

Shallow? Absolutely, but then again, I'm a shallow and cold-hearted person. This is why I don't date. I just drool over the cuties, and the cutest cuties inevitably have long hair.

Bast

I hear ya sister!! I think I like your style!!!! :D

Laurel32
July 4th, 2009, 11:22 PM
I agree! My opinion changed after joining the LHC. I was on the bus the other day when I saw this guy with waist length red hair.

Fifty-Five
July 4th, 2009, 11:34 PM
I see nothing wrong with long haired guys.... xP No bias, of course

tiny_teesha
July 5th, 2009, 12:29 AM
i never did like long haired men, but then i dated one, even though he was a jerk i somehow warmed to the idea ( i loathed that he had better hair than me though!)

lundmir
July 5th, 2009, 01:24 AM
I love long haired guys. The first thing I notice about men is their hair!
My ex has gorgeous wavy chestnut APL hair. I'm kinda envious, hahah.

ilovelonghair
July 5th, 2009, 01:47 AM
Long hair is the best! My guy's hair is getting pretty long, he will soon beat me in hair lenght I think. But he's much taller, so it looks shorter.
I'm happy with the fact that long hair is getting back in fashion, but I hope it's not some fashion thing that goes away! You know what's funny: I don't see chin lenght as long anymore, to me, long is shoulder lenght and longer.
I really like longer lenghts on guys, like waist lenght, but you nearly never see that and well, longer lenghts, basically never.

In fact, I love it to the point where if a man with long hair who made me drool cuts it, I suddenly don't find him as hot as he was before.

I'm the same :( I feel terribly guilty about it though. Orlando Bloom used to be my favorite actor, but with short hair, he just doesn't look nice to me. Same for Johhny Depp.

Fiferstone
July 5th, 2009, 06:55 AM
I've always been attracted to long haired men, but my husband was a shortie for most of his life and had short hair when we married. Now, he has APL hair, with fairy-tale ends. He started growing it out because he was sick of wearing barbie-doll hair wigs for our hobby (revolutionary war reenacting). I'll have to post a good length pic of him sometime. He's had long hair for 10+ years now and won't go back to cutting it. Also, one of the silver linings to his having been laid off last November is that his hair is getting thicker again (the stress was causing shedding). He's also doing CWC rather than the lather-rinse-repeat he was doing before, and I've noticed it's getting healthier. Now, if I can ONLY get him to stop ripping the comb through his hair when it's soaking wet. . . .

LaurelSpring
July 5th, 2009, 07:16 AM
I have to agree here. I just saw Twilight and the whole time I was thinking, why not go for the hot Native American guys with the long hair? Last year I dated a guy with really long hair. Unfortunately I liked the hair more than the guy :rolleyes:

gmdiaz
July 5th, 2009, 08:39 AM
I have always loved long hair on guys. It's my favorite.

My husband has beeeeuuuutiful dark brown, blunt cut, mid-back length, gorgeous hair in perfect condition. . .thick and luscious. He keeps it back in a ponytail with a sterling Celtic or Native American hair thingy. I think it's soooo lovely.

But, and I know this is stinky. . .I really love having the LONGEST hair. LOL

Rentlle
July 5th, 2009, 08:41 AM
haha, surely I'm in the same opinion :D
They don't have to have looong hair, but I realy don't like the shorties anymore XD
at least 5 cm ;)

Ella Menneau P.
July 5th, 2009, 08:42 AM
How about Daniel Day Lewis in Last of the Mohicans. Luscious!:eyebrows:

trolleypup
July 5th, 2009, 08:49 AM
But, and I know this is stinky. . .I really love having the LONGEST hair. LOL
Heh. When it gets longer, you may change that opinion! ;)

KarpatiiSiv
July 5th, 2009, 11:27 AM
I've always had a thing for guys with long hair and like a lot of you I think its such a shame when some guy with really great long hair gets it cut.

Talking of actors that have done this do any of you remember Travis Fimmel from the Tarzan series. He had beautiful long blonde hair and I really had a thing about him (probably more to do with his hair!). I was shocked when I saw him in The Beast series, didn't recognise him at first with really short hair. Still a nice looking guy but he doesn't have the same affect on me anymore.:(

florenonite
July 5th, 2009, 11:29 AM

Me too. I've got a friend who had waist-length hair when I met him. Over the past two years he's gradually cut it shorter and shorter (but hey, chin-length is still long for a guy) until one day he cut it all off! I met him at the pub a couple days later, not knowing he'd cut it, and didn't recognise him. However, with the shorter hair he's not quite as good-looking as he was (I'd never date him, he's just a good friend, I just think he's pretty in the same way as I find my female friends pretty :p ETA: I don't mean that long-haired guys are feminine by nature, we've just got a close platonic friendship so I see him the same way I see my close female friends).

truepeacenik
July 5th, 2009, 01:45 PM
:whistle:
ummmm yes, you are, brother.:D

eta to not be as bad as that might sound at first read:
The men on here are awesome PLUS they have long tresses.
Trolley, Beatnik, David N, Eric, Neil and the rest (sorry if you didn't get named) are awesome humans with lovely decor.

in my real life, I was recently so incredibly lucky to have two partners with shoulder plus hair, one wavy (thick dark brunette, French-Canadian extraction love to get my hands in it, even if I have to take out a thousand hair ties), one curly (thick, coarse Asian hair all curly...ummmm) and I love the textures, the feel, and the look.
For both it is a signifier that they are not button-down world, and that is the real attraction.

GreyLadyBast
July 5th, 2009, 04:59 PM
I hear ya sister!! I think I like your style!!!! :D

Why, thank you!

Bast

thankyousir74
July 5th, 2009, 05:04 PM
:is in a relationship with a guy with long hair: Yeah, I'm the main reason he hasn't cut it yet. :bounce:

GlassEyes
July 5th, 2009, 05:06 PM
o-o;;

That football player looks like a lighter skinned version of my brother. O_o;; Back when he had long hair anyway (waist length dreads, though).

Tangles
July 5th, 2009, 09:30 PM
How about Daniel Day Lewis in Last of the Mohicans. Luscious!:eyebrows:

Ironically, Day Lewis is exactly the type of man that looks better with little to no hair.

ilovelonghair
July 6th, 2009, 12:17 AM
I have to agree here. I just saw Twilight and the whole time I was thinking, why not go for the hot Native American guys with the long hair? Last year I dated a guy with really long hair. Unfortunately I liked the hair more than the guy :rolleyes:

I thought exactly the same thing! And that scene when they go to La Push, Jacobs friends both also have long hair, but they are so much better looking! Jacob has short hair in the next movie and it doesn't look good...

Locke
July 6th, 2009, 12:28 AM
I agree wholeheartedly with this thread :D

I am indeed hot :P

Tom Steinberg
July 6th, 2009, 12:55 AM
I like this thread :) Although I know long haired ladies do not automatically like long hair on men it's certainly good to know that there's much support on this site :) Cheers

InTheCity
July 6th, 2009, 06:48 AM
I used to like the Zack Morris look from Saved by the Bell...with the shorter spiked surfer boy look. Remember those days? :)

In the episode I'm watching right now, he has the slicked back look. Love this show!

I think tastes in men change over time, especially given that the older you get, the more guys you've seen to compare. I absolutely love the mop-top Zac Efron look my man has. I've seen pics of him with short hair before we met and it doesn't compare at all!

soopahgrover
July 6th, 2009, 07:47 AM
Hahaha! WheneverI have a new boyfriend, my friends often ask, "Does he have long hair?" The answer has always been yes. :D

LuXious
July 6th, 2009, 09:11 AM
I like long, healthy hair on a healthy, hunky hippie type. The guide for the girl who was kayaking around some Hawaiian island last night on PBS was sooooo hot. He was a hawaiian dreamkayak (not a dreamboat.)

Dvips
July 6th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Just a Modly reminder, as insightfully stated by Darscilla:

It did occur to me though, how fast would this thread have been closed if it had been a group of guys saying the same about long haired females, amid cries of them hair-you-know-what-ists?

So keep your comments out of the proverbial gutter and please be respectful to the men!

TIA

Dvips

free_hug
July 6th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Well, some of them (guys) looks awful with long hair, and some just hot ... as hell. Terrible thing is, they are expected to wear very short hair, and unfortunately many of them does, even those who'd look soooo much better with long, or at least half long :/

(Personal favourite: curly bun. On a guy. Now that just looks amazing.)

free_hug
July 6th, 2009, 01:10 PM
Um, yes, i believe Darscilla and Dvips are right too. But i still think this thread is sort of justified by how (1) the forum is for long hair lovers (guys claiming long haired women are hot do occur here:)) and (2) the important point here is how men are not supposed to wear long hair... unlike women, for whom this is the normal expectation...

florenonite
July 6th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Um, yes, i believe Darscilla and Dvips are right too. But i still think this thread is sort of justified by how (1) the forum is for long hair lovers (guys claiming long haired women are hot do occur here:)) and (2) the important point here is how men are not supposed to wear long hair... unlike women, for whom this is the normal expectation...

I agree with the second point here; men are often called "gay" if they have long hair, and here we have many women (and, yes, some men) claiming that they find long hair on men attractive, and the implication, from the straight women at least, is that we don't find it effeminate or gay.

However, I disagree with your first point, because all the threads I've seen by guys stating long hair on women is hot have been slightly sketchy-seeming first posts that looked (to me, at least) like a guy who wanted to see pictures of girls with long hair. That could just be the ones I've seen, though.

I think the key point here is that the majority of the posts here are by people who are dedicated themselves to growing long hair, so there's less of an objectification element than if it were a short-haired man saying "long hair on women is hot!" Because we want long hair on ourselves, we don't give the impression that we see hair in a solely s*xual light, whereas if we were short-haired men (because in western culture it's typically men who are "supposed" to have short hair and women long) saying that long hair on women was hot it would be more likely to give the impression that we see it in a s*xual manner. ETA: I also think that if there was a thread with posts chiefly by male members who had established themselves as good members of the community entitled "long-haired women are hot", it would go down well with the majority of the female members here. I myself would be flattered. END ETA

I should stop blathering now :o And, yeah, we should make it clear that we don't see men's value solely on their hair and respect them.

truepeacenik
July 6th, 2009, 09:54 PM
again, awesome humans with lovely decor.
We love you, brothers!

nowxisxforever
July 6th, 2009, 09:59 PM
:is in a relationship with a guy with long hair: Yeah, I'm the main reason he hasn't cut it yet. :bounce:

Me too for mine! He tells me all the time he should shave it.

I hate to break his heart, but short hair on guys really just does *not* do it for me. I'd probably look at him sideways constantly until it grew back out. :alien:

ilovelonghair
July 7th, 2009, 02:54 AM
Me too for mine! He tells me all the time he should shave it.

I hate to break his heart, but short hair on guys really just does *not* do it for me. I'd probably look at him sideways constantly until it grew back out. :alien:

My guy threatens with the same thing, especially when his hair is knotty or when it's summer. I've seen pictures of him with short hair: doesn't look good on him. He doesn't want to believe it. But the funny thing is, he noticed that he gets much more compliments when he has long hair (and lots of women look at him)

ljc
July 7th, 2009, 11:47 AM
sighhhhhh.....where were you supportive women a few years ago.......??????

LJC

Sif
July 7th, 2009, 12:51 PM
My boyfriend used to have hair down to his mid chest; it was wavy, thick and beautiful. He cut it all off because he was looking for an engineering internship, I cried. He keeps on telling me that he will growing it back out one day but he keeps on getting it cut short and I know he is probably never going to do it again.

fisher2
July 7th, 2009, 01:39 PM
thanks for the support ladies. now we need some in my age group lol.

Unofficial_Rose
July 7th, 2009, 02:06 PM
That he is, Mugglemomof3, that he is.

I'd love to boing his curls.

Never heard it called that before. :whistle:

adiapalic
July 7th, 2009, 02:37 PM
I've always found that men with longer hair tend to catch my eye more quickly that those with short hair :) but I find this with anyone who has long hair really--purely a superficial admiration of the hair. Nature of a true longhair I suppose.

As far as being more attracted to men with longhair--that's true for me in most cases. I'm also a little guilty of persuading my DBF (before we started dating) to grow his buzzcut out longer, and to let his facial hair grow. It's almost to his neck now... :o

He's attached to his hair longer now, and won't buzz it, or shave anymore. Lately I've been encouraging him to grow down to his shoulders just to see if he likes it :p but he's reluctant on that one..

Alun
July 7th, 2009, 04:17 PM
I know you are all waiting to hear it - long haired women are hot!!!

Fiferstone
July 7th, 2009, 06:50 PM
Thank YOU Alun!

keight425
July 7th, 2009, 09:03 PM
My DH has long hair and it's one of the first things I was attracted to on him! It is thick and curly, the most beautiful color, basically any girls dream! I love to play with it and braid it and he LOVES it when I do!!!!:)

Elbereth
July 8th, 2009, 01:34 AM
I don't think long hair would suit to DH...but it sure looks good on many men. :inlove:

Longer hair (anything longer than the standard short, tapered cut) in good condition turns an otherwise plain guy interesting and...hot.

Same goes for facial hair. A well groomed beard is hot. Just think of Aragorn in LOTR with/without his kingly beard!

ale
July 8th, 2009, 01:58 AM
Yesssssss !

JamieLeigh
July 8th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Ooooo....yes they are!! :crush: The title of this thread made me grin. :D

GoddesJourney
July 8th, 2009, 10:16 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again... there's something primal about that (guys with long hair).:D

Madame J
July 8th, 2009, 11:12 AM
When I got married, my husband had longer hair than I did. Now we're about the same, I think. He didn't have long hair when I met him, but he had always wanted to grow it out. His mother and former girlfriend used to give him crap and tell him to cut it. I sometimes wonder if one of the things that really attracted him to me was that I supported what he wanted to do with his physical appearance (facial piercings, long hair, earrings, etc.) instead of teasing/berating him about it.

While a guy doesn't have to have long hair to be attractive to me, I do like a guy with at least enough to really get my hands into.

ZadenWillowfyre
July 8th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Yes...they totally are...mmmm.

Rivanariko
July 8th, 2009, 11:21 AM
ohh, I love long hair on men! Unfortunately all of my long-haired guy friends have been cutting their hair lately... it's been making me really sad. One of them didn't really have a choice... the Air Force doesn't really give you an option. He's really looking forward to growing it again once he's out of the service though!

batteredcakes
July 11th, 2009, 03:38 AM
I love long haired guys *drools* I like guys with short hair too but I much prefer guys with long hair ^.^

plaidprincess
July 11th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Agreed 100%

Once you've had long haired you never go back!

GlassEyes
July 11th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Agreed 100&#37;

Once you've had long haired you never go back!

So I guess because I'm black AND have sort-of-long-hair... :whistle::eyebrows:

earthdancer
July 11th, 2009, 05:06 PM
I have always loved long hair on men (except dreadlocks--I like shiny, well-cared-for hair). I lapse into brain-freeze when I see a good-looking man with beautiful long hair.:D It can be curly or it can be straight, doesn't matter.

Although long dark hair especially turns me into a jibbering idiot.:o

redcelticcurls
July 11th, 2009, 06:36 PM
I have always loved long hair on men (except dreadlocks--I like shiny, well-cared-for hair). I lapse into brain-freeze when I see a good-looking man with beautiful long hair.:D It can be curly or it can be straight, doesn't matter.

Although long dark hair especially turns me into a jibbering idiot.:o

Locs are often quite well cared for. Not everyone has shine.

GlassEyes
July 11th, 2009, 06:36 PM
(except dreadlocks--I like shiny, well-cared-for hair)

If you don't like dreads, fine, but I contest that you say they aren't well-cared for. Sure, there's gross ones, just like any head of hair in disarray can be gross, but not all are. There are many people with dreads that are very well cared for. It's jsut a different style of hair.

nowxisxforever
July 11th, 2009, 06:48 PM
If you don't like dreads, fine, but I contest that you say they aren't well-cared for. Sure, there's gross ones, just like any head of hair in disarray can be gross, but not all are. There are many people with dreads that are very well cared for. It's jsut a different style of hair.

Agreed. :)

Nina
July 11th, 2009, 09:59 PM
Agreed 1,000%! Long haired guys are hot!

To me, long hair on a guy symbolizes someone who's an individual and free thinker :)

I have been lusting after a guy-friend's long hair. Shoulder length, perfect spiral curls and thick. Any hug from him is an excuse to touch his hair. :) He cut it recently. Looked good with short hair, but I missed the long mane. It is now starting to get longer, with bouncy curls. :D

I like the long hair better because it is more distinctive.

nowxisxforever
July 11th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Agreed 1,000%! Long haired guys are hot!

To me, long hair on a guy symbolizes someone who's an individual and free thinker :)

I have been lusting after a guy-friend's long hair. Shoulder length, perfect spiral curls and thick. Any hug from him is an excuse to touch his hair. :) He cut it recently. Looked good with short hair, but I missed the long mane. It is now starting to get longer, with bouncy curls. :D

I like the long hair better because it is more distinctive.

I know how you feel. There's a guy at my workplace that has the most beautiful... I think APL-length curls. Brown hair with natural blonde highlights, highlighting his curls, which are loose, well-defined and just...gorgeous. and he supposedly doesn't do anything to it. I love it!

I like hugs from him not just because of his hair, but you know.

My boyfriend's hair is cute too (waist, straightish brown) but not gorgeous like that.

Nina
July 11th, 2009, 10:12 PM
nowxisxforever, I know what you mean. There is something very appealing about a long haired guy with perfect spiral curls. I've been so tempted to play with those springy curls :) He seems cool with me touching his hair, and I like it :D

Maybe it's because I have boring straight hair. I've always been attracted to curls.

Cricket1
July 11th, 2009, 11:01 PM
I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw that movie. Hahaha

nowxisxforever
July 11th, 2009, 11:10 PM
nowxisxforever, I know what you mean. There is something very appealing about a long haired guy with perfect spiral curls. I've been so tempted to play with those springy curls :) He seems cool with me touching his hair, and I like it :D

Maybe it's because I have boring straight hair. I've always been attracted to curls.

Oh me too. I'm a total fangirl for this particular coworker's curls. He's a total sweetheart too, which is a bonus.

I have curls sometimes, but generally they're too delicate and fall apart, so I can't really do anything with them with my hair at this length.

nowxisxforever
July 11th, 2009, 11:10 PM

*raises hand*

Me three.:cheese:

lundmir
July 12th, 2009, 01:26 AM
I saw my ex today. he cut his APL hair to shoulder lenght :(
I also saw a gorgeous guy with straigh, black shiny TBL. Pure joy from seeing him!

Medvssa
July 13th, 2009, 06:03 AM
We always like what we don't have :D I tend to like soft waves or straight because my hair is so curly. But not to the extent to discriminate :D

didrash
July 13th, 2009, 06:09 AM
You said it right, girl! Long haired dudes are mega HOT! Val Kilmer in Willow? Or the Scorpion King (The Rock)... Oh, my... Aaand some of the members of LHC are quite the eye candy, but I will not mention any names, you know, being a married woman and all :).

earthdancer
July 13th, 2009, 08:17 AM

Maybe it's a generational thing, or cultural. No one in my area wears dreadlocks, not even the international students. The only person I've ever known who had dreadlocks was an international student at my university who used dung in her hair. There was a huge fuss over the sanitation factor.:(

As for shiny hair: I think shiny hair is a sign of physical health. I am around people from all the world (we have an international community, over 15,000 international students, almost 30% of our population). The only people I know who have truly dull hair are women who have abused their hair terribly, sick people, or drug addicts. It's just one of those things. People are not as attractive to most other people if they are unhealthy or appear unhealthy. Look at the beauty industry; as a whole, it makes products that are intended to make you look as healthy as possible, including hair products (I know, most have counterparts that serve a niche market for fads -- for example, lipstick was created to make women look younger and healthier, but there is black lipstick, too). Unhealthy people just aren't as attractive to the majority of other people. You can argue with me, but you won't change my mind.

vintersaga
July 13th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Here's one too, the guys I've been with and/or fallen in love with has.. hm.. most of them had long hair, aspecially since I have grown older. They can make my knees chake like a mixer.
Some one wrote it kinda gives them a "bad guy look" - I really agree.:)

maybe when I some day have long hair, one of those beautiful guys will see me too.:oops:

Shadow Walker
July 13th, 2009, 03:46 PM
If only we heard more women say stuff like this to us in person!

GeoJ
July 13th, 2009, 05:44 PM
Ooo, I have to agree with this also (but only if it is healthy looking and it suits the guy's face).

My DH has to have his hair short and be clean shaven for his job. He says the first thing he will do when he quits is stop shaving. He knows I like long hair on men, but now that he is bald on top I think he will keep it short.

Beatnik Guy
July 13th, 2009, 06:24 PM
I know you are all waiting to hear it - long haired women are hot!!!
Alun is correct.

ilovelonghair
July 13th, 2009, 08:30 PM

Me too :D. In the bit where they go to the beach you get to see 2 of his friends, both also with long hair, and they looked even nicer!

Nina
July 13th, 2009, 09:24 PM
Shadow Walker,
Do you think it it cool for women to compliment long-haired guys when they see them, even if the don't know the guy. I've seen gorgeous long male hair I would have liked to compliment, but I didn't want to seem like a weirdo.

trolleypup
July 13th, 2009, 09:34 PM
Compliments? It sure doesn't bother me!

I think most men are less likely to feel (or be concerned about) the creepy factor than women.

If you are worried...just keep it simple, and do it drive by style (no expectation of a response).

Shadow Walker
July 13th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Shadow Walker,
Do you think it it cool for women to compliment long-haired guys when they see them, even if the don't know the guy. I've seen gorgeous long male hair I would have liked to compliment, but I didn't want to seem like a weirdo.

Of course it's cool, it would make my day to get a compliment from a stranger! :D

dorothea-brooke
July 13th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Okay, I feel rather old and married to be jumping in here.... But what the heck. :eyebrows:

The other day I had dinner with friends at a waterfront burger place, and the guy who gave me my burger had a gorgeous, thick TB-length braid. :thud: It was stunning, and probably the longest hair I've even seen on a guy. He looked like he might have been Native or maybe Latino, cause he had a lovely bluish-black color to his hair and olive skin. Definitely looked great in that white chef jacket!

Okay, am I describing this guy too much? :oops:

Erm, yes, perhaps I'll just shut up about him now....

Basically, since I've started growing my own hair, all long-hairs are much more on my radar. Particularly gorgeous ones. :D

trolleypup
July 13th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Of course it's cool, it would make my day to get a compliment from a stranger! :D
I can't say I get offended when I get catcalls from women half my age. And yes, getting a good (even a bit suggestive) compliment is very nice also.

NickalNack
July 13th, 2009, 11:03 PM
I love long hair on anyone. I think that people were originally intended to have long glorious hair, but fashion and whatever else changed that outlook in people significantly. I mean... if you have something that's able to grow down to the floor and beyond, why not let it?

I want my boyfriend to grow out his hair long too, and he's not exactly against the idea, but the only problem is that he doesn't like the having hair in his face phase. It drives him crazy. What styles are there to keep hair out of your face during the "awkward phase"? Besides corn rows or barrettes, lol. Does anyone know?

Eryka
July 13th, 2009, 11:04 PM
Mmmhmmm, longhaired men are noms for the eyes. Being around this board makes me completely famished, but in a good way. Personally, my favorite longhaired example is Peter Steele circa 1990's. Yum x 1million

EdG
July 13th, 2009, 11:19 PM
I'm reading this thread and thinking it's 10pm; I have the window open, fan running, and my indoor thermometer still says 88 degrees F. :D
Ed

Eryka
July 13th, 2009, 11:58 PM
Darn it Ed, now you've made me imagine you with the wind in your hair and glistening from the heat. Thankyouverymuch

*stomps away muttering to self*

didrash
July 14th, 2009, 01:38 AM
I'm reading this thread and thinking it's 10pm; I have the window open, fan running, and my indoor thermometer still says 88 degrees F. :D
Ed

Ahm.... and I am imagining things I really thing I should keep to myself :). All good ones, though :).

kwaniesiam
July 14th, 2009, 01:41 AM
Mmmhmmm, longhaired men are noms for the eyes. Being around this board makes me completely famished, but in a good way. Personally, my favorite longhaired example is Peter Steele circa 1990's. Yum x 1million

Omg Peter Steele :inlove:

DBF is a longhair as well :D

Poppy Seed
July 14th, 2009, 03:53 AM
As long as the hair is nicely kept, generally speaking guys with long hair are very attractive. Funnily enough, my SO was the one with long hair and I had short hair when we met! It was one of the reasons I started growing again.... And of course, he's gorgeous....

GlassEyes
July 14th, 2009, 04:55 AM
I love long hair on anyone. I think that people were originally intended to have long glorious hair, but fashion and whatever else changed that outlook in people significantly. I mean... if you have something that's able to grow down to the floor and beyond, why not let it?

I want my boyfriend to grow out his hair long too, and he's not exactly against the idea, but the only problem is that he doesn't like the having hair in his face phase. It drives him crazy. What styles are there to keep hair out of your face during the "awkward phase"? Besides corn rows or barrettes, lol. Does anyone know?

Bandanas and hair gel. :p I used a ton of the latter, and wish I'd used the former.

Also, I don't mind receiving compliments from random strangers. :p I do hesitate giving them out, however. There was one woman I saw at the museum of science with a hip length snow white braid, and I was too hesitant to compliment her. :( And god knows, I'd never just hand out a compliment to any longhaired guy I pass randomly. I'm rather attached to my head being firmly set on my shoulders, thank you very much.

trolleypup
July 14th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Bandanas and hair gel. :p I used a ton of the latter, and wish I'd used the former.
I wore baseball caps for a couple years.

Also, I don't mind receiving compliments from random strangers. :p I do hesitate giving them out, however. There was one woman I saw at the museum of science with a hip length snow white braid, and I was too hesitant to compliment her. :( And god knows, I'd never just hand out a compliment to any longhaired guy I pass randomly. I'm rather attached to my head being firmly set on my shoulders, thank you very much.
My strategy for long hair compliments: first, make it obvious I am a longhair (pull the stick on the bun), second, use one of the stock neutral compliments: Great Hair! Sir/Ma'am; Awesome Hair, etc. etc. I've never had anyone take a compliment the wrong way.

Babyfine
July 14th, 2009, 11:25 AM
Yes they Are!!

DH had shoulder length waves when we met- cut short for many years-now growing again!

patience
July 14th, 2009, 12:54 PM
I agree, definitely hot!!:agree: :inlove:

One thing I have learned in this thread, it seems our longhaired men don't get very many compliments. I'm shocked, but then I realized that I never compliment a man's hair (or anything else for that matter). I don't know the subconscious reason for that, but I'm going to make sure when I see someone with a gorgeous head of hair I'm going to say something.... be them male or female.:)

ilovelonghair
July 15th, 2009, 02:01 AM
I agree, definitely hot!!:agree: :inlove:

One thing I have learned in this thread, it seems our longhaired men don't get very many compliments. I'm shocked, but then I realized that I never compliment a man's hair (or anything else for that matter). I don't know the subconscious reason for that, but I'm going to make sure when I see someone with a gorgeous head of hair I'm going to say something.... be them male or female.:)

I'm the same: I'd like to give a compliment, but I'm always thinking it will be taken the wrong way. Probably stupid of me to think that.

Nina
July 17th, 2009, 07:41 PM
Thanks for all the hints on comments. I will remember next time. During the summer I like going to outdoor festivals and art shows where there seem to be a greater number of long-haired guys.

I was even thinking of creating a bumper sticker: I brake for long-haired dudes :D

And my long-haired male addiction even flows over into my work. I am a graphic designer and needed a stock photo of a father and kid for the cover of a publication. I selected the one where the dad had long hair :)

Though I was disappointed that my favorite long-haired guy (friend with the beautiful spiral curls) cut his hair again. He had below the shoulders hair, then cut to above his collar. It finally grew to where it was just touching his shoulders. I almost made a comment, and then the next day I saw him and his hair was above his shoulders. He looks good with shorter hair, but he has the most awesome curls, it would be a shame not to grow it long.... :P

free_hug
July 21st, 2009, 10:37 AM
Oh, just take a look at Takeshi Kaneshiro in the House of Flying Daggers. I mean, i know, he's a celeb, he looks hot in just about anything. Only this way he looks waaay better than anyway else.
Yeah i know i could have posted this in the celebrity hair thread too, but he sported a high pony only for this one film, so it's more appropriate to prove the "long haired guys are hot'" point than showing of generally fab celebrity hair.

http://www.takeshikaneshiro.org/pictures/d/1035-1/Takeshi+Kaneshiro+in+House+of+Flying+Daggers+with+ sword.jpg

(I hope the pic will load...)

enfys
July 21st, 2009, 01:20 PM
I think two types of hair on men are masculine.

1. Super short military buzz cut
2. Super long Celtic warrior/1600s Cavalier style

Anything inbetween is a waste. DH2B falls under the first category and I love it.

GlassEyes
July 21st, 2009, 01:25 PM

Anything inbetween is a waste. DH2B falls under the first category and I love it.
I do believe 'waste' would fall somewhere in between there, yes.

Makes me think of a highly inappropriate joke pertaining to the space between a woman's bosom and her...erm. :D Guess this can be the male version?

...although a lot of women I know would say the space between a man's ears is a waste...:p

florenonite
July 21st, 2009, 01:50 PM

Totally OT, but I read "DH2B" as "dear husband #2B", as though you've already had a 1 and a 2A :silly:

enfys
July 21st, 2009, 01:58 PM
Totally OT, but I read "DH2B" as "dear husband #2B", as though you've already had a 1 and a 2A :silly:

I always think of it as looking like his hairtype, like when people put their kids' ages. It isn't btw.

Of course when I say anything inbetween is a waste, it's not if it's on a journey, only if it's a stationary length...stationery length...whichever one doesn't mean it's a paperclip.

Renbirde
July 21st, 2009, 02:16 PM
I have a guy friend who really likes my long hair. I told him a few weeks ago that he'd look good with long hair.

He thought I meant about shoulder length.... I was thinking more like knee. :D He has the most amazing dark brown hair, 1b to 2a... (Not sure, because he never lets it get past about 2") and it'd look great in a long pony or braid. :3

Ah, well.

florenonite
July 21st, 2009, 03:00 PM
I always think of it as looking like his hairtype, like when people put their kids' ages. It isn't btw.

Of course when I say anything inbetween is a waste, it's not if it's on a journey, only if it's a stationary length...stationery length...whichever one doesn't mean it's a paperclip.

Heh, do you even know what his hairtype is, being as his hair's so short?

Also, I have to disagree about the "waste" (which I think is "stationary", not "stationery"). Aside from actual long hair, I like when guys have a slightly outgrown male cut. I can't imagine DBF with long hair or buzzed hair, but I prefer it when he hasn't cut it in several months to when it's freshly cut. He has such pretty curls that don't come out when it's short, but at the same time I can't see him with properly "long" hair.

enfys
July 21st, 2009, 03:31 PM
Heh, do you even know what his hairtype is, being as his hair's so short?

Also, I have to disagree about the "waste" (which I think is "stationary", not "stationery"). Aside from actual long hair, I like when guys have a slightly outgrown male cut. I can't imagine DBF with long hair or buzzed hair, but I prefer it when he hasn't cut it in several months to when it's freshly cut. He has such pretty curls that don't come out when it's short, but at the same time I can't see him with properly "long" hair.

It's been longer (before I knew him) and I'd guess was about a 1b/m but I couldn't reliably guess pony circumference. At one point I wouldn't have been surprised by iii, now probably would be a ii and in a few years i. So glad I'm not a boy.

There are lots of very nice male hairstyles that are in my "waste" category, but a lot of the men who can pull them off really need to be stunningly beautiful in general to catch my eye. Scruffy hair can be particularly hard to pull off when it covers the face.

I wouldn't ever have shared company with any man purely for their hair anyway. Beard maybe. Hair no. :p

storytellerzero
July 21st, 2009, 04:16 PM
Yes, long, healthy, lustrous hair on a pretty man is wonderful:p But I've seen a fair amount of guys with long hair who just looked creepy too. I would say it largely depends on the man. And agreeing with an above post, some men just don't look good in long hair.

The hair on the men in Bravheart was sometimes interesting, (and though I know it was probably period accurate and a war movie) it was just too tangly and frizzy looking for my taste.

Tom Steinberg
July 24th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Yes, long, healthy, lustrous hair on a pretty man is wonderful:p But I've seen a fair amount of guys with long hair who just looked creepy too. I would say it largely depends on the man. And agreeing with an above post, some men just don't look good in long hair.

Yeah I agree that some men do not seem to care that much about keeping the hair long AND healthy! Women are better at that in general.

florenonite
July 24th, 2009, 01:08 PM
Yeah I agree that some men do not seem to care that much about keeping the hair long AND healthy! Women are better at that in general.

I've noticed the opposite trend with the people I've seen with long hair. Guys tend to practice benign neglect: only wash every few days, just detangle and no more styling. On the other hand, it's the girls who are dying, blowdrying, straightening, curling, ad nauseum and so their hair tends to get damaged more. The most beautiful head of hair I've seen IRL (aside from Saoirse, a fellow LHCer) was on a guy, because all he does with his hair is wash and condition every few days and comb or brush to detangle.

Naamah
July 24th, 2009, 02:15 PM
I LOVE long-haired men.

ilovelonghair
July 24th, 2009, 03:20 PM

Same for short hair, it isn't for everybody.
And guys with buzzcuts look real creepy to me, to me it's an aggressive look. Same as shaved heads.

The hair on the men in Bravheart was sometimes interesting, (and though I know it was probably period accurate and a war movie) it was just too tangly and frizzy looking for my taste.

Eeew tangly, greasy hair is ugly. I've noticed that in a lot of movies guys with long hair, their hair is in that yucky category. There's an exception though: in the Lord of the Rings movies were a lot of guys with nice long hair (especially the elves), but Aragorn had such ugly hair, only at the last movie there's a scene where he had clean hair.

rach
July 24th, 2009, 03:44 PM
as long as they have the masculine face, bring it on, long hair on a man :)......... nice just be nice to see more male long hairiers out there. that's my hint to society.

but as one of the earlier post said -
interview with the vampire , that's worth drooling over.
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/2800000/Interview-with-the-Vampire-brad-pitt-2855888-283-249.jpg

ilovelonghair
July 24th, 2009, 11:14 PM
but as one of the earlier post said -
interview with the vampire , that's worth drooling over.
http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/2800000/Interview-with-the-Vampire-brad-pitt-2855888-283-249.jpg

Totally agree! I loved that movie

TokyoPink
July 25th, 2009, 03:05 PM
They most certainly are... my ex had lovely long auburn hair just past shoulder length, shame he was such a *insert rude word here*
My fantasy Perfect Male has hair that is tail bone length, dark and curly (though other colours and textures are acceptable :P)
My (rather arrogant) friend once told me that women who fancied long-haired men were secretly lesbians, and that I should learn to accept my sexuality... I told her in that case to go find me a hot lesbian with a flat chest and a beard.

And I actually like my mens hair to be dirty... not too dirty just a bit dirty... but clean is fine too... I dunno, I just like hair really :D

plaidprincess
July 27th, 2009, 11:11 AM
So I guess because I'm black AND have sort-of-long-hair... :whistle::eyebrows:

Haha! You almost have the full package GlassEyes :D

The Drood
July 27th, 2009, 11:29 AM

I have to agree with Shadow on this point. Getting a compliment from a stranger beats the heck out of the odds looks and mean comments from strangers.

rwinksters
July 27th, 2009, 11:35 AM
I am all about the high and tights. :D I suppose that's one reason that I like my Marine.

ericthegreat
July 27th, 2009, 11:40 AM
This thread Efffing RULES XD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bottomsup:

Eryka
July 27th, 2009, 03:30 PM
This thread Efffing RULES XD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bottomsup:
I completely concur.

theskeletonkey
July 27th, 2009, 03:46 PM
I wish there were some long haired guys around here! :]

Lady Lilya
August 2nd, 2009, 10:34 AM
I never get tired of this thread. :D

Or pics of long-haired men.

Poetic
August 2nd, 2009, 10:54 AM
I absolutely love long hair on guys (think the movie "The English Patient"). When they show the character washing his hair . . . !;)

bugeyedmonster2
August 2nd, 2009, 11:59 PM
I totally agree!

(^_^)/
BEM

pradabacon
August 3rd, 2009, 01:07 AM
Long-haired guys? Yes, please!

Just don't tell my husband...he's bald. http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll23/hootietoot/lol.gif It suits him, though.

Aranhil
August 3rd, 2009, 03:24 AM
this is quite nice to know! :p

Gilly
August 3rd, 2009, 03:37 AM
I have to agree with Shadow on this point. Getting a compliment from a stranger beats the heck out of the odds looks and mean comments from strangers.

I make a point of complimenting guys if they have thudworthy hair, I love it!!!:cheese:

oogie
August 3rd, 2009, 08:32 AM
mmm i've had my fantasies about guys with long hair too. I see so few where I live with hair longer than shoulder. I've seen one or two though, if I were single, I'd bite on the butt and pray for lockjaw. But I'm happy with my man just as he is.

(yes, it was a joke about the biting.)

Pburgh56
September 14th, 2009, 10:05 AM
I have been wondering what do girls think of guys with really long hair? Ive been wanting to grow it to my waist and I currently have it at collar length. Ive already had numerous girls asking to braid it and put it in pigtails and put ponytails in it once its long and straigthen it and everything. I was just wondering how many of u girls like guys with long hair and do u style it for them like that too?

frodolaughs
September 14th, 2009, 10:09 AM
It honestly depends on the guy and the hair in question.

Lemur_Catta
September 14th, 2009, 10:30 AM
I like the idea of long hair on guys, but - and it is the same on girls - it depends on the guy, if he looks good with long hair or not. Not everybody looks good with long hair.
I also don't like buns on man, while I am fine with braids and ponytails.

My boyfriend's hair is currently just above shoulders; he has very beautiful hair, straight and thick, I think it's 1a/m/iii...He is the kind of person who can wash his hair with dish soap, and it will remain beautiful anyway :D I am talking him into growing it at least till APL, hope he will!

Gumball
September 14th, 2009, 10:54 AM
For your question about the female preference for long or short hair on a male, here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=18016) is a thread that got quite a few replies on the subject.

For some potential difficulties males might face when growing hair, there was this (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=7969) thread that discussed some of that.

As a man my response is that I haven't had many women at all really speak negatively about my hair. I also haven't haven't really had many that asked to try styling it either. My head must be a beacon of hair neutrality. Comments for the most part are neither here nor there.

Ravenwaves 88
September 14th, 2009, 11:12 AM
My head must be a beacon of hair neutrality. Comments for the most part are neither here nor there.

Gumball.....if that is your natural hair in your signature I would be afrad to touch it too....it's so beautifully curly and I would be afraid to mess it up or tangle it.

I think once you find your way around this forum and find your growing groove you may not want people to touch your hair. I never let anyone touch mine. I think long hair on a guy that is well maintained shows character. It shows that you care about yourself, and that you have the determination to grow your hair long, and that you don't care what people think. (since it's not the norm to grow your hair as it is with females) I say it's great, and it's an experience worth trying.

Curlsgirl
September 14th, 2009, 11:14 AM
I LOVE it!

Gumball
September 14th, 2009, 11:17 AM
Gumball.....if that is your natural hair in your signature I would be afrad to touch it too....it's so beautifully curly and I would be afraid to mess it up or tangle it.

I think once you find your way around this forum and find your growing groove you may not want people to touch your hair. I never let anyone touch mine. I think long hair on a guy that is well maintained shows character. It shows that you care about yourself, and that you have the determination to grow your hair long, and that you don't care what people think. (since it's not the norm to grow your hair as it is with females) I say it's great, and it's an experience worth trying.

Thank you very much! Depending on the person I may not mind them touching it. As for my signature that's my natural hair with a little coaxing via aloe gel and curlers. My natural hair, coaxed with just aloe and some that aren't, can be seen in my album. :) It's super rare that I wear it down.

Bellona
September 14th, 2009, 11:47 AM
I love it too :)

Leisje
September 14th, 2009, 12:00 PM
The longer the better for me.
Guys and girls alike. I just adore long hair either way. But I strongly believe someone go with a length that feels right to them, your hair is supposed to be beautiful to you, not to everyone else.

halo_tightens
September 14th, 2009, 12:07 PM
YES. Yes, yes, OH yes... and then some.

If a guy is attractive at all, in any way, even a little bit-- his having long hair will make me melt from a mile away. Melt, I say. Allllll over. I have no words to express how incredibly sexy I find it. No words, just strange, animalistic sounds. My mind just goes blank for an instant and then spontaneously combusts.

free_hug
September 14th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Well, in general i would say "yes", but if i'd have to make it any more precise, i shoud add:

It honestly depends on the guy and the hair in question.

You see. I love healthy and beautiful long hair on people whom it suits, may they be men or women :)

marikamt
September 14th, 2009, 12:33 PM
YES. Yes, yes, OH yes... and then some.

If a guy is attractive at all, in any way, even a little bit-- his having long hair will make me melt from a mile away. Melt, I say. Allllll over. I have no words to express how incredibly sexy I find it. No words, just strange, animalistic sounds. My mind just goes blank for an instant and then spontaneously combusts.

you crack me up! But I know what you mean........ :yumm: yummy!

aada
September 14th, 2009, 12:34 PM
almost always, yes. ;)

(there are always exceptions to every rule. for example, my scary biker friend who shaves his head wouldn't look right with long hair. but mostly, hair=win!)

mellie89
September 14th, 2009, 12:52 PM
I'm definitely a fan, as long as it's in good condition. Long scraggly, unkempt hair, not so much.

little_acorn
September 14th, 2009, 02:47 PM
I love long hair on most men :D

Elvi
September 14th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Long hair in condition is nice on a man. But I worry whether this guy is more self centered than the ones with less notable hairstyles.

viking_quest
September 14th, 2009, 03:11 PM
It depends on the guy. Some look really good with long hair, others look better with shorter hair.

Fractalsofhair
September 14th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Depends on how said hair looks. If it's frizzy, split and just damaged looking, I'm not a fan of it. If the guy is balding(MY BROTHER!!!) knee length hair looks VERY VERY BAD!!! Now, I am biased as that is my brother, and I'm not attracted to him. If the hair looks nice and shiny, most women will be okish with it, some prefer buzz cuts, many prefer shaved heads, but others prefer long hair on guys. Straightening is very damaging for your hair BTW(just to warn you, don't let girls do it randomly. Girlfriend, sure. Random friends daily... No.) Waist is a length most women won't hate. It's when it gets longer than classic or tailbone that some women freak out, even if they normally like long hair.

Please wash your hair as much as is needed to prevent it from looking greasy, use conditioner if you have dry hair. Some guys neglect these facts, and it tends to look like they just forgot to get a haircut!

young&reckless
September 14th, 2009, 04:17 PM
I don't mind it. I would never rule someone out for their hair but there is something about a buzz cut on a man that I love.

It would be nice to try out hairstyles on someone else first but I just don't know.

Medievalmaniac
September 14th, 2009, 04:26 PM
A guy with a kind face can have any kind of hairstyle he wants...the attraction is the kindness. Great long hair on top of that is a rare gift.

A guy with a face twisted in cruelty, anger, bitterness, or a general "I'm a jerk" (read: "I'm the king of the world and I know it"/ "The world totally owes me") expression can never be attractive no matter how fabulous his hair is.

Warm eyes, a warm smile, and great - or even pretty good - hair to his waist or longer...? Drool city. :D

hippiechick1976
September 14th, 2009, 04:35 PM
Long hair YESSSA!!...my guy is sporting below shoulder hair and I so love to play with it.....I am constantly doing low french braids etc for him. He has great hair and his method is total neglect. He washes it once a week or so...brushes it once a day with this brush that most of the bristles have broken off...ties it back and done....no splits and I trimed it last 5 months ago...ughhhh wish mine was that nice to me!!

may1em
September 14th, 2009, 05:43 PM
I think either way a man can look good, i dont go out of my way to find a man with long or short hair, i guess a man is more than his hair, but if he has nice hair its a bonus

This.

I guess I'm in the minority here, but I've never personally found long hair on men attractive. Don't get me wrong, it looks great on some, and some men pull it off brilliantly, but when it comes to attraction I've always been rather turned off by it. On the other side, I'm also turned off by hair that's too short on men... There's got to be something to grab onto :p. I just love a classic, clean-cut look on men. Something timeless and sophisticated. Not too short, not too long. Besides, my sweetie would look look just awful with long hair. It just doesn't suit him at all.

Mine wouldn't look great in really long hair, either. Totally depends on the person.

Also this. There aren't any physical features that will unfailingly attract me to anyone for longer than a few seconds. It's a package deal kind of thing - if I'm not attracted to someone anyway, a change in hair probably wouldn't make much of a difference on the "how-hot-does-may1em-think-this-person-is" scale.

Das Siechtum
September 14th, 2009, 05:46 PM
(to the waist ir longer? I can do that. ;-)

ilovelonghair
September 14th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Waist is a length most women won't hate. It's when it gets longer than classic or tailbone that some women freak out, even if they normally like long hair.

Really? I think it looks awsome if it's longer than waist, but maybe that's just me? Of course hair should be well cared for.

You mentioned your brother has knee lenght hair and is bald, that raises a question: can guys still have long hair when they are balding?
Personally I find it a creepy look, (I find balness really unatractive to begin with, so I can't really comment on this) but if a guy covers the bald bit up (with a hat or bandana), problem is solved.

Armelle
September 14th, 2009, 06:29 PM
Mmmm, I've always loved the look of guys with long hair...as long as it's not straggly, but really I don't want to see that on a woman either.