PDA

View Full Version : Is there already a thread about rinsing the oil away from hair with conditioner?

Priska
December 29th, 2020, 05:01 AM
If not, I'd like to read experiences about this 🙂 I think this is a great discovery, that you don't need shampoo to get oil out. Of course If you are experiences with using oils on haircare, you can use the shampoo right amount, but I'm usually afraid that I wash too much or too little, leaving hair greasy or dry. But with conditioner The hair stays easily softer, maybe. Anyway I have not been doing this research a long time yet, so I'd like to hear conversation about it 🙂 If anyone else has tried conditioner as an oil remover from hair...

squirrrel
December 29th, 2020, 05:28 AM
Are you thinking about the Rinse Out Oil method, seen here: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=129191

This might be slightly different to what you are thinking about, but everyone who uses it would verify that conditioner is a good way to remove oil. There are various threads around that also mention conditioner as a way to remove oils, and the CO washing thread could also prove to have thoughts on the same theme too...

Priska
December 29th, 2020, 05:35 AM
Thank you for the link, I must read it carefully! 😊

lapushka
December 29th, 2020, 07:15 AM
It's well known around these parts (maybe read the forum a while longer), that you can more easily, generally, get oil out with conditioner than with shampoo.

The link to the oil rinse or rinse-out oil method that squirrel gave is always in my signature, should you lose it. I'm around quite a bit so it's always just there. ;) :p

Dark40
December 30th, 2020, 04:29 PM
If not, I'd like to read experiences about this �� I think this is a great discovery, that you don't need shampoo to get oil out. Of course If you are experiences with using oils on haircare, you can use the shampoo right amount, but I'm usually afraid that I wash too much or too little, leaving hair greasy or dry. But with conditioner The hair stays easily softer, maybe. Anyway I have not been doing this research a long time yet, so I'd like to hear conversation about it �� If anyone else has tried conditioner as an oil remover from hair...

I use conditioner to rinse out my oils that I apply to my hair all of the time, and I don't have any problems with greasiness. This is what you would call "CO-washing," instead of always using shampoo. I'm also always afraid of not shampooing or I'm might be shampooing too much too! That's why when I do co-wash I always follow-up with clarifying my hair once a month.

Bat
December 30th, 2020, 06:25 PM
Opposite for me conditioner doesn't do anything I have to lightly shampoo to get it out