PDA

View Full Version : Shaved Sides and Undercut Club

Bat
June 26th, 2020, 02:35 AM
I know there is the maintaining club but it seems more for longhairs maintaining ends

so thought us shaved sides, buzzed and undercut loving people could have a home topic

I recently got a side shave and I really love it so I'll be maintaining it while the rest of my hair grows

I love seeing photos of all the way people have their undercut/shaved parts so feel free to share!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/719128603035566089/725992322273247272/1.png

Elizabeth E
June 29th, 2020, 04:00 AM
I love the way shaved sides and undercuts look, don't think I'm brave enough though :hmm:

SleepyTangles
June 29th, 2020, 04:10 AM
Hiya Bat! Maybe you can haul your fellow undercut/side-shavers longhairs from this thread:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=142905&page=12

Bat
June 29th, 2020, 10:23 AM
I love the way shaved sides and undercuts look, don't think I'm brave enough though :hmm:
Sometimes I wish I didn't do these things it's no wonder my hair is always short!

Hiya Bat! Maybe you can haul your fellow undercut/side-shavers longhairs from this thread:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=142905&page=12
Of course there is a thread already xD thanks for linking!

Bat
July 10th, 2020, 06:13 PM
Oh heeey I made it! Come join et lol I'm growing out mine now but I love it so much I'll probably get it back in a few years but on the other side of my head

hennalonghair
July 10th, 2020, 07:01 PM
I had once had a shaved side right above the ear. I shaved it for quite a while and liked it. It was was my ride side.

Bat
July 10th, 2020, 10:30 PM
I had once had a shaved side right above the ear. I shaved it for quite a while and liked it. It was was my ride side.

It's a fun style and I really enjoy it but I want long hair someday!

Bri-Chan
July 11th, 2020, 03:23 AM
Oh I had a sidecut several times in my life. The last time I shaved it was... Wow, already almost 3 years ago. It's a BSL now, this is insane.

Bat
July 11th, 2020, 08:19 AM
Oh I had a sidecut several times in my life. The last time I shaved it was... Wow, already almost 3 years ago. It's a BSL now, this is insane.

Congrats with the growing out! That gives me an idea how long it will take to get mine to grow out, im going to take photos everyday as it grows (if I remember) il miss the shave though it's quite funky

Bri-Chan
July 11th, 2020, 07:42 PM
Congrats with the growing out! That gives me an idea how long it will take to get mine to grow out, im going to take photos everyday as it grows (if I remember) il miss the shave though it's quite funky

I let it grow because I noticed that I was parting my hair in the center and so the sidecut was never visible. I'm curious about your pictures.

Bat
July 12th, 2020, 02:14 AM
I let it grow because I noticed that I was parting my hair in the center and so the sidecut was never visible. I'm curious about your pictures.

You can't see much difference yet I'm going grey in patches so hairs aren't too visible it's gone from feeling like sandpaper to feeling more like pelt I started growing it out on the 8th

Bat
March 14th, 2021, 05:14 AM
Not growing out side shaves now, keeping my sides shaved at this stage makes me feel more alternative with shaved sides

Eastbound&Down
March 14th, 2021, 11:30 AM
I have an undercut, triangle on my bottom layer. I have had it for almost a year and I like it, but I've been thinking about starting to grow it out and only have 2-4 inches of difference with my overall length.

Michaella4b
March 14th, 2021, 11:57 AM
I like shaved temples. It looks very cute, but I just can`t decide on it yet. Hope this year I will have more brave to do this.

Flittingsis
March 14th, 2021, 12:29 PM
I had shaved sides twice; once with shorter hair and then again as I grew the length to shoulder. I wear glasses so it was really nice not having to mess with the hair around my ears. Since last year I've been letting the sides grow back out. They are pretty annoying because I can pull back the rest of my hair but still have to pin the sides. Or do pigtails. :D I have had fun with pigtail styles. :o

stardust lady
March 14th, 2021, 11:03 PM
Got an undercut during summer '19 like this: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVHuh5O-B0rG_5taSx-EpUdsNqVN8Zk8GNzA&usqp=CAU While the rest of my hair was a perm-straightened bob. That was a neat cut, since if I wore it down, I could almost make it look like a normal haircut if parted near the middle.

A month or two later I got this: https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoDKtwLH1hy0--BWMs53Sc7ozTTsBWjXLLFQ&usqp=CAU which was cute when I wanted to tie the top in a tiny pony, and the rest of the head was buzzed at #2. Made me feel like a viking warrior. Styling and lots of pomade was kinda mandatory though in order to wear it down, I didn't like how hard it was to keep all my hair on one side of my head, so I decided to grow it out. I cut the top into a pixie, faded the sides and started growing in Sept. '19. Now I'm almost at shoulders. Really loved the shaved sides though, they are super fun. Just didn't work for me - my head is narrow/oval shaped, and my hair doesn't stay parted on the side easily. I'm sad I never took pictures of it while it was buzzed, it looked so cool!

Bat
March 15th, 2021, 12:29 AM
I cut my bangs/fringe shorter today and bleached and colored it green, I really like it, I'm considering shaving the sides right down to the skin again but I'm activating the 2 week rule for that one!

saj1985
March 15th, 2021, 10:38 AM
just wanted to say i love the shaven sides look on some women, like anything though only some can pull it off though....

Chromis
March 15th, 2021, 11:35 AM
just wanted to say i love the shaven sides look on some women, like anything though only some can pull it off though....

Our hair is not here to decorate your world. Only the bearer of the head of hair gets to choose if they think a given style is correct for them.

saj1985
March 15th, 2021, 01:09 PM
Our hair is not here to decorate your world. Only the bearer of the head of hair gets to choose if they think a given style is correct for them.

of course, just was stating i like the style...you know each to their own

Jaeie
March 15th, 2021, 02:06 PM
of course, just was stating i like the style...you know each to their own

I think they are saying that commenting "only some can pull it off" is unnecessary. Which I agree with. Perhaps they love their hair like that, and maybe others agree. :)

Flittingsis
March 15th, 2021, 06:01 PM
I cut my bangs/fringe shorter today and bleached and colored it green, I really like it, I'm considering shaving the sides right down to the skin again but I'm activating the 2 week rule for that one!
Down to the skin? Yes, I think that deserves a 2 week think out. I think I read that you have done that before. I've never gone to the skin. Buzzed at a 1, but not skin. I will buzz again one day. It was so nice.
Glad you like your fringe trim! I think I'm going to change the style of my fringe. Less straight across, more tapered at the sides. I have BSL now and it's looking a little severe.

Bat
March 15th, 2021, 06:42 PM
Down to the skin? Yes, I think that deserves a 2 week think out. I think I read that you have done that before. I've never gone to the skin. Buzzed at a 1, but not skin. I will buzz again one day. It was so nice.
Glad you like your fringe trim! I think I'm going to change the style of my fringe. Less straight across, more tapered at the sides. I have BSL now and it's looking a little severe.
The urged passed I just shaved off my eyebrows instead xD and yep I did one side before in July I have a photo in my album

stardust lady
March 15th, 2021, 07:36 PM
I strongly disliked the feeling of bald scalp, it felt kind of weird when the hair started growing in. I thought number 1 was a little pokey but 2 felt soft and breezy. Do you enjoy the feeling of a shaved head?

Bat
March 15th, 2021, 09:51 PM
The first day I just felt skin. The next day it was sandpaper it took to like 3 ish weeks or so to get that soft fuzz feeling I didn't like the sand paper feeling but I couldn't stop touching it.

Bri-Chan
March 16th, 2021, 02:21 AM
I strongly disliked the feeling of bald scalp, it felt kind of weird when the hair started growing in. I thought number 1 was a little pokey but 2 felt soft and breezy. Do you enjoy the feeling of a shaved head?

I loved it with my sidecut. I usually love it too on my eyebrows when I shave them.

stardust lady
March 16th, 2021, 12:43 PM
Sandpaper is a good description. Ya the freshly shaved feeling was fine but that didn't last long, and I didn't like the sandpaper feeling.

saj1985
March 16th, 2021, 01:09 PM
I think they are saying that commenting "only some can pull it off" is unnecessary. Which I agree with. Perhaps they love their hair like that, and maybe others agree. :)

wow, didnt really think anything of it tbh, may bad i apologise sorry peeps! :)

Bat
June 4th, 2021, 08:43 PM
Photo of my current hair

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/754621585465540641/850565120987103232/image0.jpg

thats weird the image isn't showing, oh well

Nox_Inber
June 6th, 2021, 11:09 AM
I used to have an undercut on my nape for several years, pre-LHC. I loved it. You wouldn't know I had it unless my hair was tied up, then it was like "Surprise! Part of my head is shaved!"

Two shaved looks I've always wanted to try:
-Shaved sides and long top, viking style. Especially if I had it braided and in an updo. My boyfriend is currently growing this look, I'll be living vicariously through him :D
-One shaved side with the rest at shoulder length

If I ever had to cut my hair really far back I'd probably try one of these looks, but as it stands right now I'd rather get to my goal length.

Bat
June 7th, 2021, 02:12 AM
I used to have an undercut on my nape for several years, pre-LHC. I loved it. You wouldn't know I had it unless my hair was tied up, then it was like "Surprise! Part of my head is shaved!"

Two shaved looks I've always wanted to try:
-Shaved sides and long top, viking style. Especially if I had it braided and in an updo. My boyfriend is currently growing this look, I'll be living vicariously through him :D
-One shaved side with the rest at shoulder length

If I ever had to cut my hair really far back I'd probably try one of these looks, but as it stands right now I'd rather get to my goal length.

i have a weird shaped head so i'm not sure how long i'll keep my current look, but atm I like it, what's your goal length?

Nox_Inber
June 7th, 2021, 12:28 PM
i have a weird shaped head so i'm not sure how long i'll keep my current look, but atm I like it, what's your goal length?

Honest truth, I'm terrified that I'll find a weird shaped head if I shaved half my hair! Then I'm stuck with my alien head out for everyone to see for months on end :lol:. My nape hair grows in an odd way but at least that's semi-manageable. Hmmm, well I originally wanted waist but now that I'm at BSL I think I'm going to try for TBL. Waist length seems so short to me now! What are you trying for?

Bat
June 7th, 2021, 06:54 PM
Honest truth, I'm terrified that I'll find a weird shaped head if I shaved half my hair! Then I'm stuck with my alien head out for everyone to see for months on end :lol:. My nape hair grows in an odd way but at least that's semi-manageable. Hmmm, well I originally wanted waist but now that I'm at BSL I think I'm going to try for TBL. Waist length seems so short to me now! What are you trying for?

mid thigh for me I have also flirted with the idea of knee/floor but I think mid thigh is super long and I can then decide if I want to attempt floor, looks like lhc-itis got you!

Bat
December 27th, 2022, 07:01 AM
I'm growing out my shaved sides a while until I can tie up all my hair in a ponytail then I may consider shaving th back in, we will see

angel-baby
December 27th, 2022, 02:43 PM
I had a bleach blonde Deathhawk a few years ago! I loved it for about a year, then cut my hair into a bob to grow it out cuz I realized it made my fine hair look thinner than I wanted when I wore it down. It was super fun style though, and I'm really glad I did it.

Bat
December 27th, 2022, 06:16 PM
That sounds really awesome!

Arcticfoxes
December 29th, 2022, 04:33 PM
growing out a side cut currently. its about an inch long lol. dunno what I'm gonna do with it really just winging it.

Bat
December 29th, 2022, 09:27 PM
I'm growing out my sides too both of mine are shaved, just until I can get my hair all one length to figure out my pony circumference then I'll probably shave them back in and get some bat tattoos I've been wanting for years

pumpkinsage
December 29th, 2022, 10:33 PM
Good luck growing out the shaved sides!! I used to have a death hawk too, very fun. Cheering you guys on!! :cheer:

Bat
December 30th, 2022, 12:04 AM
Hopefully I won't give up this time

0xalis
December 30th, 2022, 12:21 PM
I'd love to see this thread active again... I've currently got shaved sides and an undercut with my pixie (resulting in something like a very short bowl cut on top haha... Photos are in the buzz to chin group) and my current goal length is a bob with an undercut.

lithostoic
December 30th, 2022, 12:54 PM
Oh I've always wanted an undercut but I fear my hair is too thin for it to look nice </3 I think shaved mixed with long hair looks so beautiful

Bat
December 30th, 2022, 01:09 PM
I agree it looks pretty good!

angel-baby
December 30th, 2022, 01:14 PM
I'm growing out my sides too both of mine are shaved, just until I can get my hair all one length to figure out my pony circumference then I'll probably shave them back in and get some bat tattoos I've been wanting for years

Yesss bat tattoos!! I have 13 bats tattooed on my arms/shoulders and I love them

0xalis
December 30th, 2022, 01:15 PM
Oh I've always wanted an undercut but I fear my hair is too thin for it to look nice </3 I think shaved mixed with long hair looks so beautiful

We have similar hair types and I have found my hair is surprisingly more abundant than it seems from my ponytail circumference. I think a lot of us with small circumferences and thin strands actually have a lot of hair, but it condenses down a lot! So if you're ever in the mood to get rid of all your hair, that'd be a good opportunity to try and undercut first and see how it looks.

lithostoic
December 30th, 2022, 01:51 PM
We have similar hair types and I have found my hair is surprisingly more abundant than it seems from my ponytail circumference. I think a lot of us with small circumferences and thin strands actually have a lot of hair, but it condenses down a lot! So if you're ever in the mood to get rid of all your hair, that'd be a good opportunity to try and undercut first and see how it looks.

You may be correct. Though my hair has thinned a bit since then, hairdressers used to tell me "You have so much hair!" I think because it surprised them, haha. Also it does seem most of my hair is concentrated near the crown of my head, so maybe it wouldn't look as thin as I thought!

Bat
December 30th, 2022, 05:28 PM
Yesss bat tattoos!! I have 13 bats tattooed on my arms/shoulders and I love them

Yaay I also want a batswarm up the sides of
My torso too one day! Maybe 2024 I'll do it