PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Carol92
September 19th, 2019, 11:16 AM
Hello, folks!
My name is Carol and I'm from Brazil. I registered a long time ago and never posted, but now I'm in a new hair journey and I want to gain more knowledge and exchange ideas and treatments with you. I see people here with beautiful long hair and that's my goal! ;)

Long story short: I've always been a long haired child and teenager (mid back to waist length) but I never let my hair grow more than this length because I sometimes had the urge to cut it because of I don't know why, hahaha. In adulthood, I started to dye and bleach and straighten my hair over and over for some years and recently, because of extensive damage (chemical cut due to bleaching) I had to cut my hair short, just below the chin. I dyed my hair the last time of my natural colour so I can let my hair rest. It has been two months since my last haircut, and it's almost reaching CBL. My hair grows in a fast rate, luckily, approximately 1,5 centimetres per month (half an inch?).

Now, I want to treat my hair gently (hahaha), having a more natural approach, sticking to micro-trimming to see results faster. I'm here to learn and be inspired! My goal ("short-term" I know it takes time) is to reach MBL, and long-term TBL or CL (let's see what happens). My hair type is between 2a/2b and of average thickness (ii) without the bangs (9 cm circumference) with the bangs I think it may reach 10 cm (ii/iii).

I'm looking forward to learn more, be inspired and encouraged (and to resist the urge to cut and regret later)!

Hugs! <3

Sarahlabyrinth
September 19th, 2019, 11:21 AM
Hi, welcome to the forum! :D

lapushka
September 19th, 2019, 12:57 PM
Hello, hello! Welcome to the forum! :)

Garnetgem
September 19th, 2019, 01:38 PM
Hello welcome :)

Nox_Inber
September 19th, 2019, 04:25 PM
Welcome! :D

TatsuOni
September 20th, 2019, 02:28 AM
Welcome! :)

Carol92
September 20th, 2019, 07:51 PM
Thanks a lot, girls!

milosmomma
September 25th, 2019, 05:16 PM
Hi there and welcome! It sounds like you have a great starting plan and this wonderful forum is a great tool when you have any questions or hair predicaments. My hair journey is pretty similar to yours. I abused my hair for a long time, bleach dyed and heat damage galore. I chopped to chin and am on my way back to hip length(and possibly beyond lol) The forum has a way of making your goals longer and longer (lhc-itis) :)