PDA

View Full Version : Rewetting hair to style - 2nd-3rd day hair

Rebeccalaurenxx
October 1st, 2018, 07:10 PM
Anyone else rewet their hair to restyle 2nd and 3rd day hair?
This is primarily for wavy and curly hair. I personally spray my hair, until its a bit damp, and then reapply a leave in and gel if need be.
Sometimes it reawakens the product in my hair and helps awaken my curls. Plus I have really dry hair, and adding back the moisture without a full wash, helps a lot.
Anyone else do this? How do you style your hair if you do? And why do you do it personally?

AutobotsAttack
October 1st, 2018, 07:53 PM
Yupp. Most of the hair regimens involving 3c on up to the kinky 4s, do the rewetting, myself included.

I actually re-wet my hair daily as part of giving my hair moisture again, then doing something similar to the LOC/LCO method.

My hair would be a dry crunchy mess if I didn’t lol

I’ll usually just throw my hair back up in a bun, or section my hair into Bantu Knots.

Rebeccalaurenxx
October 1st, 2018, 07:55 PM
Yupp. Most of the hair regimens involving 3c on up to the kinky 4s, do the rewetting, myself included.

I actually re-wet my hair daily as part of giving my hair moisture again, then doing something similar to the LOC/LCO method.

My hair would be a dry crunchy mess if I didn’t lol
LOL! I’ve been thinking about doing it every day but I feel like the build up of product might be too much for my fine hair.

AutobotsAttack
October 1st, 2018, 08:06 PM
LOL! I’ve been thinking about doing it every day but I feel like the build up of product might be too much for my fine hair.

Definitely same. I only spritz water throughout my hair, and use like a dime sized amount of something very spreadable, and use a serum to replace an oil to seal the last few inches of my hair.

I tried the whole Shea Butter and conditioner type of sealing once because I saw a few ladies with my hair type doing that, and my hair was so clumped with product and weighed down that I had to wash the exact same night.

But I think everyone’s mileage varies. I too have baby fine hair, but I think the type of hair I have demands some sort of moisture at least every other day if not every day. The best way to describe how my hair feels naturally is like a soft cotton swab. Those ones you buy at the conscience store or like Target. It soaks up quite a bit of stuff, but when there’s too much, welp. Wash time! Lol

AutobotsAttack
October 1st, 2018, 08:10 PM
Do you put your hair up after rewetting? Or keep it down?

ReadingRenee
October 1st, 2018, 08:14 PM
If I am wearing my hair down and wavy curly girl style I do. I just mist my hair with my water bottle and scrunch, then let it air dry. Sometimes I will mist my hair and then put it up on top of my head so it drys with some volume. Every once in a while, I also spray some leave in conditioner if it seems to need it. I do it because my waves start to fall out and flatten if I don't.

lithostoic
October 1st, 2018, 08:21 PM
Damp bunning lets me go longer in between (co)washes. I can add more conditioner or gel if needed to hydrate and tame frizz. The humidity is grossly high where I live lmao.

Rebeccalaurenxx
October 1st, 2018, 11:24 PM
Definitely same. I only spritz water throughout my hair, and use like a dime sized amount of something very spreadable, and use a serum to replace an oil to seal the last few inches of my hair.

I tried the whole Shea Butter and conditioner type of sealing once because I saw a few ladies with my hair type doing that, and my hair was so clumped with product and weighed down that I had to wash the exact same night.

But I think everyone’s mileage varies. I too have baby fine hair, but I think the type of hair I have demands some sort of moisture at least every other day if not every day. The best way to describe how my hair feels naturally is like a soft cotton swab. Those ones you buy at the conscience store or like Target. It soaks up quite a bit of stuff, but when there’s too much, welp. Wash time! Lol

I think it’s definitely more about product then anything else, and knowing how much to use.
I won’t use more then a dime size amount of curl cream/leave in and I usually forgo the gel because i feel like gel is drying.
But the gel does hold the curl better which cuts back on rewetting my hair. Oh well! Never perfect.

And I usually keep my hair down and bun up for bed.
I’m finding myself less and less able to wear hair up, headaches etc.

Crystawni
October 1st, 2018, 11:39 PM
If I'm not bunning, I re-wet my ends and face-framers under a tap to revive the sproing, or spray the length with scented water from a bottle if I want an overall revival. I don't usually use any extra product, though, as the water re-slimes any leave-in (I sometimes use a dab of hair mask after washing), and I prefer my hair to be soft and natural.

Longlegs
October 2nd, 2018, 12:10 AM
I mix about a tablespoon of Devacurl gel into a cup of water and put it a spray bottle to refresh my hair. I used to use a sea salt spray then I read the ingredients list and did'nt like what I saw.
It's a good 'pick me up' for my hair on the days I'm not washing.

lapushka
October 2nd, 2018, 06:16 AM
Anyone else rewet their hair to restyle 2nd and 3rd day hair?
This is primarily for wavy and curly hair. I personally spray my hair, until its a bit damp, and then reapply a leave in and gel if need be.
Sometimes it reawakens the product in my hair and helps awaken my curls. Plus I have really dry hair, and adding back the moisture without a full wash, helps a lot.
Anyone else do this? How do you style your hair if you do? And why do you do it personally?

I used to do this when my hair was BSL and when I wore it out (which was quite rare, but happened sometimes). I used to have a small concoction of demineralized water + a squirt of conditioner, a little glycerine or oil and a few EOs (lavender mostly). That was all it took.

When it got longer, I just wore it up all the time. :)

Aredhel
October 2nd, 2018, 07:02 AM
Even I do this sometimes to "neutralize" my unruly bed head or flyaways. If I sleep on my hair wrong, I frequently awaken to a whole lotta dry frizz. :)

illicitlizard
October 2nd, 2018, 07:57 AM
Even I do this sometimes to "neutralize" my unruly bed head or flyaways. If I sleep on my hair wrong, I frequently awaken to a whole lotta dry frizz. :)

I do the same, usually to tame the back of my hair once I wake up. Especially with shorter hair, it just sticks up funny so I've got to re-wet it into submission.

spidermom
October 2nd, 2018, 09:54 AM
I only rewet an area if something goes wonky, like the side I slept on has a weird crease or something like that. I generally put my brush or comb under running water or use my fingers.

RubberDucky
October 3rd, 2018, 01:05 AM
I often wake up with a serious case of bed head. Usually I just wet my hands and finger comb/squish my hair back into something I can live with. No products.