PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

WannabeViking
June 13th, 2015, 02:34 PM
Hey everyone!

First let me say that this forum is incredibly informative, and I've learned a lot just by reading. I do, however, have some questions (more on that shortly.)

I'm a guy; I am a student currently (computer science, so I'm familiar with all the neckbeard jokes!) I started growing my hair out seriously about 2 summers ago, and beard about the same time. I've gone from a buzz to around 25 inches as of now (it falls well below my shoulders at any rate.) It's definitely wavy; going by the hair typing thing, I'd estimate 2a, about medium as far as strand thickness goes. It's also extremely tangle prone, so I must keep it in a bun or a braid or I'll regret it later.

Anyway, I have a question that I've not been able to locate answers to. What do all those abbreviations that people seems to use a lot to denote their length mean? I can guess one or two by context, but I'm feeling in the dark. :confused:

pamrlyn
June 13th, 2015, 08:29 PM
Hi and welcome!

sounds like your hair grows really fast - congratulations! We are close to the same length & hair type, but I have no desire to be a Viking :D

Be sure to check out the stickies for newby advise. Here's a link to the LHC abbreviations thread. http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=54874&page=3

and this is the link to important threads > http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=126309

WannabeViking
June 13th, 2015, 09:19 PM
Ah, thanks for the links. Now the abbreviations are demystified. :D

Yeah, I have pretty fast hair growth; I try to take good care of it and also eat a clean diet. Not just hair, either. I have ridiculously fast finger- and toe-nail growth.

Shepherdess
June 14th, 2015, 01:03 AM
Welcome to the long hair community! It sounds like your hair grows fairly fast. :D It's great to have you here and I hope you enjoy it and find as much helpful information here as I have! :)

lapushka
June 14th, 2015, 02:47 PM
Welcome! :)

WannabeViking
June 15th, 2015, 11:58 AM
Nice to see so many people with similar hair types. :cool:

Arctic
June 16th, 2015, 05:05 AM
Welcome! We have quite a few men here, though they often don't stand out (back of the head photos etc). Happy growing!

WannabeViking
June 16th, 2015, 03:53 PM
Haha, well, I'm not one for putting pictures of myself on the internet. Might have to make an exception for this site in the future... ;)