PDA

View Full Version : Any russian speaking members here?

Khristopher
March 9th, 2015, 11:29 PM
So I was checking pinterest and found a russian youtuber girl with the most wonderful hair I've seen! Words cannot describe the levels of hair jealousy I had:agape: :rolling: Dreamy hair for sure, at least for my taste.
She seems to talk about her routine in one of her videos, but it's all in russian so I can't understand any of it. Maybe someone who knows the language can chime in and make a little translation? Pretty please? :oops:
Here's the video where she talks the most https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSVvcchnA1Y
And here she shows some product https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shAr884kzII
She seems to know how to take care of her hair if the results are what she shows so I'm dying to know what she's talking about, besides drooling looking at her mane ;)

StellaKatherine
March 9th, 2015, 11:37 PM
Oh wish I could have time to watch them and translate... But running to work - right in few seconds.. If no one else will translat by the time I will be back- then I'll help :D

Khristopher
March 10th, 2015, 02:53 AM
Oh wish I could have time to watch them and translate... But running to work - right in few seconds.. If no one else will translat by the time I will be back- then I'll help :D

Thanks StellaKatherine! I hope you have a nice day at work :)

Linnea
March 10th, 2015, 06:41 AM
Hi Khristopher!

The girl has indeed gorgeous hair! I'm a Russian speaker, so I'm gonna try to summarize her first video a bit.

The video is about her hair care routine. She says she has trimmed 20 cm of her hair last year, to improve the structure, get rid of the breakage. Her oppinion is that conditioners are not good for her hair, so she does not use them. The shampoo she uses is Russian (Natura Siberica), she says it's for the dry hair. She uses hair masks (Planeta Organica) only a couple times a year, so not mucThe comb is for detangling after wash, careful handling is important while the hair is still damp.

About the oil: She makes oil masks by mixing several oils and warms the mix in a warm water, then leaves the mask in for 1-2 hours, once a week. The oil she is using are: grape seed oil, almond oil, wheat germ oil, sea buckthorn oil, ylang ylang essential oil ( she says she likes ylang ylang oil very much).As a leave in she uses Argan oil or Avocado oil (her favorite), she applies 5-6 drops to her palms rubs it a bit and distributes it to the hair starting from the botom. The oils prevents breaking and splitting. Then she tried shampoo by Organic Shop, didn't like it so much. She washes her hair every 6 days, and uses the oil mask before each washing.

She uses Iranian henna, has been using for a year. She says henna is a bit drying so oil help with dryness. She wants to grow her hair to her knees, her hair is tbl at the moment. She does daily scalp massages for 5-7 minutes, it has helped the growth, from 1cm to 2cm in winters and from 2cm to 3cm in the summer (wau!). Then about the winter time protection: using oils for moisture, and it's important to keep the hair covered outside. (Since you're living in Buenos Aires, this is not a problem for you :D). She trims once a year.

So, yeah, hope that helps you! It's not a perfect translation, but I think that's the most part of it. The English grammar isn't perfect, I'm a bit lazy to check and am not so fluent, but you probably get the basic idea. :) :flower:

Enrapture
March 10th, 2015, 08:24 AM
She says that she cut about 20 cm hair off last year , because it was brittle and thin, and then started to use more natural products. She uses siberica shampoo intensive repair (or smth like that), she doesn't use conditioner or any masks. She uses the brush that she shows, it is by brand "Hercules" and it's her favorite brush. It cleans her hair very well and is used only for straight hair. She had a plastic one too, but she prefers wood brushes. She brushes it a few times a day (approx. 3 times). The second brush (wide tooth comb) she uses after washing her hair, but not when it is completely wet. Once a week she puts oil mix in her hair for about 1-2 hours. She adds grapeseed oil, almond oil, wheat oil (don't know the english name) and the main one is sea-buckthorn oil. She adds ylang-ylang essential oil, which she says is very good for hair. After washing hair when it's halfway dry she applies either argan oil and her favourite oil - avocado. She suggests about 5 drops of oil for the ends. The second shampoo she shows wasn't working for her and she doesn't suggest it. She washes hair once a week. She dyes her hair frequently and wants to grow hair calf length. For hair growth, she massages her scalp everyday for 5-7 minutes. Her hair grows about 2 cm a month.

It was the translation of first video, but nut until the very end. She says something more about the way of wearing it. I hope someone else can translate it as I really don't have time anymore :) Hope this helps!

Enrapture
March 10th, 2015, 08:25 AM
Oh,sorry, while I was writing I didn't notice anyone else translating. :D

chen bao jun
March 10th, 2015, 08:35 AM
Thanks to both of you, you both translate different parts, it's very helpful.

I'm studying Russian language, I love this language

Rosetta
March 10th, 2015, 08:38 AM
Her oppinion is that conditioners are not good for her hair, so she does not use them.
I must say I'm very surprised at someone with long hair saying that :eek: For me, conditioners are an absolute essential in order to have long hair...

Well, it just shows we all have our preferences and routines :)

Linnea
March 10th, 2015, 09:11 AM
I must say I'm very surprised at someone with long hair saying that :eek: For me, conditioners are an absolute essential in order to have long hair...

Well, it just shows we all have our preferences and routines :)

Haha, yes exactly :D And with the coarse hair it's even more so, funny how we're all so different. She mentioned she uses masks a couple time a year ( my hair personally eats masks for breakfast, ans still is a porous, tangly mess :P), a far as I understand she consentrates on the oils.

I've allways wondered how so many people seem to be fine with just using oils as treatment. My hair needs moisture, just oil is not enough.

Enrapture It's good to have variations on translation, since as chen bao jun said we're mention sligtly different aspects. :)

P.S. I've wrote about the BBB brush too, and now noticed that part of the text dissapeared from the "printed" version, but there's no point of repeating it, since Enrapture allready did mention it.

Linnea
March 10th, 2015, 09:35 AM
Then about the winter time protection: using oils for moisture, and it's important to keep the hair covered outside. (Since you're living in Buenos Aires, this is not a problem for you :D).

Just realized, I didn't make myself clear enough: of course it's good to use oils and protect your hair ( from the sun in hotter climates). I meant this in context of cold freezing winters.

Sometimes you just forget the climate etc. differencies we have between so many of us, and just explain the things from your daily perspective. I see others doing it also sometimes, it's funny. But it's fun to learn new things that way, by asking thing you don't know :)

Sorry, now I'm a bit off topic , but a good exaple is that, when I was quite fresh here on the site I asked things like: "Excuse me what's Walmart or coldcream?" etc. :D :D :D

chen bao jun
March 10th, 2015, 05:47 PM
She does have beautiful hair.

I know that conditioner depends. One of my best friends has thick 2b/2c hair that is often as long as hip and she hates conditioner with a passion.

Khristopher
March 10th, 2015, 06:37 PM
Linnea, Enrapture thank you so much for taking your time for this! I really apreciate it (and I'm sure other members do so too).

Chen bao jun thats awesome you're studying it! Good luck with it, it seems like a beautiful language.

Rosetta I was surprised too, her hair has a cone-like shine. I have coarse hair and my hair is fine without conditioner but the ends will get dry fast. CO makes it greasy but it works so well for other people. Every head of hair is so different from the next, it's fun to experiment and find a routine that works for yourself!

No worries Linnea, I totally got what you said. Here we don't have extreme cold winters but we have humidity! So oils are a must if you don't want to sport a beautiful afro :afro:
LoL I remember an english teacher with tight curly hair I had at school, you could tell how the weather was outside just looking at her hair! She hated rainy days, her hair would get all puffy. I miss her!
It's so interesting all the things we learn from members around the world, it's one of my favourite things about LHC <3

meteor
March 10th, 2015, 07:13 PM
About conditioning... this YouTuber did say that she suffers from dry hair and uses shampoos like Natura Siberica "intensive moisturizing" (with sea buckthorn) that she says she wouldn't recommend to people who don't suffer from dryness. Such shampoos are really conditioning and could qualify as 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner products. Also, she uses quite a lot of oils (both pre-poo and leave-in), so I can sort of understand if she's not using conditioners. :)

Also, from what I remember, conditioners were just not that popular in Russia before the 1990s :shrug: and, I don't know if it's just a coincidence, but I know quite a few Russians who are into everything "natural" and are scared of using "chemical-laden" conditioners and although I disagree with that idea, I accept that there are obviously there are a million different ways of growing hair long, with or without conditioner. The key is just not to cut it! :lol:

Here is another Russian-speaking "rapunzel" (Alla Perkova, longest hair in Odessa) who never uses conditioners or even oils, just baby shampoo and she even mentioned that she lightens hair :bigeyes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UStT5fP_VXQ

This Russian hair YouTuber (Elizaveta Rapunzel) uses only soapnuts (aritha/reetha), oils, egg yolk, 2% Sulsena paste (http://www.amalgamalux.com/content/view/52/81/lang,english/) (anti-fungal for dandruff, which is an alcohol-based selenium sulfide treatment, which she uses as conditioner!!), and again, she uses no conditioner... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQP_hAcNQ68

I don't know, I think hair can be pretty resilient, and skipping conditioner is quite doable on some hair types. :shrug: (I used to commit this hair sin all the time, too :oops: )

chen bao jun
March 10th, 2015, 08:18 PM
Interesting. That sounds like its probably the reason, meteor.
I love the videos

Khristopher
March 11th, 2015, 12:04 AM
Good finds meteor! I love how Alla Perkova is wearing her hair during the interview, it must be pretty resilient to handle lightening without conditioning :bigeyes:
And looking at Elizaveta... just...:thud:

tigress86
March 11th, 2015, 03:48 AM
The products that she mentioned - Natura Siberica - are really good, I love that line. I have used some of those products and own a shampoo for dry and damaged hair right now. I think they are quite organic, if not fully. I can't imagine not using conditioner though even with such mild shampoo, but to each their own and her routine is obviously working for her.

Rosetta
March 11th, 2015, 05:56 AM
Linnea, Enrapture thank you so much for taking your time for this! I really apreciate it (and I'm sure other members do so too).

Yes, of course, I forgot to say that yesterday, thanks to the translators! :)

Yeah, going back to the conditioner thing, of course her routine seems to work for her; but I'm just not sure what harm a conditioner could do, to me it can only help... (As some of you said there are people who hate conditioners with passion.) I can totally understand skipping the shampoo (as in CO'ing), but not conditioner! :lol: I don't think I've never done that, since childhood (and it wasn't my choice then, obviously)...

And after hearing all this praise, I want to try that Natura Siberica shampoo! ;)

chen bao jun
March 11th, 2015, 07:49 AM
I use burdock root oil, it's traditionally Russian /Ukrainian. I'm interested in this Natura Siberica too, although it's a shampoo it's not SLS, and has interesting herbs.

chen bao jun
March 11th, 2015, 07:54 AM
I have been interested in the grandma agafiya products too but don't think they are all natural

morrigan*
March 11th, 2015, 09:00 AM
I think i used nourishing shampoo for dry hair from natura siberica and i found it quiet harsh. I think this might depend on water quality too. I had two and none of them seemed very gentle to me, which is too bad, because they aren't expensive at all here, compared to most other brands.

meteor
March 11th, 2015, 10:00 AM
While we are on the subject of that Natura Siberica "intensive moisturizing" shampoo, here is the ingredients list (http://irecommend.ru.q5.r-99.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/copyright/user-images/9930/kunq1d97EcNwY3iSgJup0A.jpg). :)

It's a sodium coco sulfate based shampoo, so certainly not all "organic" (and many "green" products have similar formulations these days), but it looks mild enough that I can see how on non-damaged hair, certain hair types may be able to skip conditioning with this. Why not?
(Herbal extracts can be easily drying though, so I understand why this YouTuber (who also uses henna) might be complaining about the dryness problem as she doesn't use conditioner. :) )

StellaKatherine
March 11th, 2015, 10:13 AM
I must say, that when I use coconut oil on the lenght of my hair prewash - I do sometimes wonder if I actually even need conditioner. My hair feels so soft and moistured allready before I put conditioner on. Kinda does makes sence to me :agree:

Rosetta
March 11th, 2015, 10:15 AM
While we are on the subject of that Natura Siberica "intensive moisturizing" shampoo, here is the ingredients list (http://irecommend.ru.q5.r-99.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/copyright/user-images/9930/kunq1d97EcNwY3iSgJup0A.jpg). :)
Thanks, Meteor! It does seem very mild, as the Sodium coco-sulfate is really down in the list, about the middle :eek: Usually sulfates are the 2nd ingredient, and my hair does fine with even those :)

Herbal extracts can be easily drying though, so I understand why this YouTuber (who also uses henna) might be complaining about the dryness problem as she doesn't use conditioner. :)
Well, that would be very easily solved ;)

morrigan*
March 11th, 2015, 10:40 AM
If i remember ingredients on my bottle correctly, sodium coco sulfate was second in line, first was water infused with a lot of ingredients, i wonder if it's the same on this bottle ? At least i understand it as such.

I must say, that when I use coconut oil on the lenght of my hair prewash - I do sometimes wonder if I actually even need conditioner. My hair feels so soft and moistured allready before I put conditioner on. Kinda does makes sence to me :agree:

Since i grew out bleach and colour damage i can easily go without conditioner if i oil my hair before wash and use acidic rinse afterwards. So yes if your hair isn't really damaged you might be able to go without conditioner.
Or i use catnip sometimes. I did go whole summer using only shampoo and catnip and my hair was great, but i became lazy lately :D

ETA: found shampoos and ingredients list
Nourishing one for coloured hair Pink bottle
Ingredients: Aqua, Lauryl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Pine amidopropyl Betaine (PS), Guar Hydroxypropyl Trimonium Chloride, Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract (WH), Cladonia Rangiferina Extract (WH), Diplazium Sibiricum Extract, Malva Sylvestris Extract*, Scilla Sibirica Extract, Saponaria Officinalis Leaf/ Root Extract*, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract*, Beeswax*, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Rubus Arcticus Fruit Extract, Hipophae Rhamnoides Seed Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Benzoic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Beta Vulgaris. Maltodexterin, Citric Acid, Pafrum, Linalool**.

Nourishing and volume: Grey bottle
Ingredients: Aqua, Lauryl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Pine Amidopropyl Betaine (PS), Guar Hydroxypropyl Trimonium Chloride, Pinus Pumila Needle Extract (WH), Pulmonaria Officinalis Extract*, Abies Siberica Needle Extract (WH), Hesperis Sibirica Flower Extract (WH), Cortusa Sibirica Leaf/ Flower Extract (WH), Phellodendron Amurense Extract, Polygala Sibirica Extract, Bidens Tripartita Flower/ Leaf/Stem Extract, Linaea Borealis Extract, Iris Sibirica Extract, Saponaria Officinalis Leaf/ Root Extract*, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract*, Hippophae Rhamnoides Seed Extract, Silyburn Marianum Extract, Benzyl Alcohol. Glycerin, Benzoic Acid, Sorbic Acid, CI 75810, Parfum, Linalool**.

They released new ones for EU market i think because they didn't have clearly marked ingredients at first.

Rosetta
March 11th, 2015, 11:05 AM
^ That's interesting, as those shampoos don't have any Sodium coco-sulfate... Unless it's the "Saponaria Officinalis Leaf/ Root Extract"?

morrigan*
March 11th, 2015, 11:13 AM
I think that is soapwort ?
They are worth the try in my opinion if you can get them for normal price. For me they weren't anything spectacular :D

Rosetta
March 11th, 2015, 11:21 AM
^ Unfortunately not, here they're quite expensive... But if I come across a bargain I'll give them a try. :)

meteor
March 11th, 2015, 12:00 PM
Hmm, they might have changed the formula for that product or maybe it's a different line altogether. In the product that morrigan* listed, Lauryl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Pine amidopropyl Betaine are doing the cleansing. :)

I do this sometimes, too, especially in summertime and in good humidity and if I want my hair to be more voluminous. :agree:

Thanks, Meteor! It does seem very mild, as the Sodium coco-sulfate is really down in the list, about the middle :eek: Usually sulfates are the 2nd ingredient, and my hair does fine with even those :)

Oh, sodium coco-sulfate is actually the second ingredient. :) The first ingredient is water (infused with all those herbal extracts). So in a no-nonsense nomenclature this ingredients list would just say "water, sodium coco-sulfate...". Clever, "creative" labeling is what it is, and it's quite common these days on "natural" commercial products. ;)

(Totally OT: I'm afraid there is a lot of green-washing going on globally (incl. Russia) these days, and since hair is just dead matter, there isn't all that much that a shampoo/conditioner can do, yet sometimes they are sold like "solutions" which can magically give luscious hair or companies resort to fear-mongering about certain ingredients... and I love it when this stuff is de-mystified.
I'm also so eternally grateful to YouTubers/LHC-ers like arc (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCUGaz6ttiNnOKs8PgEFaO7w)or JJJLongHair (https://www.youtube.com/user/JJJLonghair) or TorrinPaige (https://www.youtube.com/user/torrinpaige)and many others for their no-nonsense approach, for not over-complicating it or covering hair care with an unnecessary shroud of mystery. :flowers: )

morrigan*
March 11th, 2015, 12:16 PM
Meteor thank you for your further explanation :D
I think that you can get cheap and good shampoo, after all it's for cleansing not conditioning so if it has argan oil or something else in it it doesn't matter in the end. The most important thing in nice looking hair is being healthy.

^ Unfortunately not, here they're quite expensive... But if I come across a bargain I'll give them a try. :)
I think here are about 6 eur for 400ml bottle, which is quiet a bargain for sulphate free shampoo.

meteor
March 11th, 2015, 12:26 PM
Meteor thank you for your further explanation :D
I think that you can get cheap and good shampoo, after all it's for cleansing not conditioning so if it has argan oil or something else in it it doesn't matter in the end. The most important thing in nice looking hair is being healthy.

I couldn't agree more, morrigan*! :agree: There is more fashion and marketing considerations to those products than actual essence. Argan oil can be obtained in huge bottles in food sections of Middle Eastern stores for cheap, yet those hair products add a tiny drop of argan oil or [insert any unicorn powder du jour] and sell it at a premium. Oh well! :lol:

chen bao jun
March 11th, 2015, 02:41 PM
thanks, meteor, they got me with that trick. I will now recognize it in the future.

Rosetta
March 12th, 2015, 02:50 AM
Oh, sodium coco-sulfate is actually the second ingredient. :) The first ingredient is water (infused with all those herbal extracts). So in a no-nonsense nomenclature this ingredients list would just say "water, sodium coco-sulfate...". Clever, "creative" labeling is what it is, and it's quite common these days on "natural" commercial products. ;)
I'm not sure what you mean with the second ingredient, as in the photo you posted, it was clearly in the middle of the INCI list..?
edit: ah, now I see, all those herbal extracts are just included in the "water" - creative labeling indeed! ;)

I think here are about 6 eur for 400ml bottle, which is quiet a bargain for sulphate free shampoo.
Well, for me 6 Euros is pretty steep for any kind of shampoo ;) (Especially as I don't really have a problem with sulfates.)

chen bao jun
March 12th, 2015, 06:56 AM
Yes, it is clever. It really looks as if the shampoo is full of a lot of good things when it's water and chemicals mostlY. Thanks m e teor

morrigan*
March 12th, 2015, 09:44 AM

Well, for me 6 Euros is pretty steep for any kind of shampoo ;) (Especially as I don't really have a problem with sulfates.)

I don't know what are normal prices in your country, but here 200ml of regular shampoo cost about 1.5 - 3 eur, sulphate free about 5 to 6 eur - this is for 200ml or 250ml bottles, since natura siberica one is 400ml bottle it's not much more expensive than most. But i too usually buy one that is more on cheaper side.

Dacia
March 12th, 2015, 05:05 PM
[QUOTE=chen bao jun;2964822]Yes, it is clever. It really looks as if the shampoo is full of a lot of good things when it's water and chemicals mostlY. Thanks m e teor[/QUOTE

I really see no problem, they can't get creative with these standards: http://www.naturasiberica.ru/en/certificates/

Rosetta
March 15th, 2015, 11:37 AM
Just wanted to add a small correction here - the shampoo the girl in the video uses (one she talks about in the 2nd video linked in the first post) is actually one by Planeta Organica, not Natura Siberica; maybe that was the source of the ingredient confusion as well :) It appears to be this one: http://www.natureissimple.co.uk/138-thickbox_default/planeta-organica-finnish-shampoo-for-weak-hair-and-sensitive-scalp.jpg

meteor
March 15th, 2015, 12:31 PM
^ Oh, this one I've never tried. I should probably go check out her second video, to see if there's anything interesting there.
But with my experience with Natura Siberica, Rezepti Babushki Agafii, Zolotoi Shelk and other products (they were just OK and I think the companies really lacked in innovative technologies) and looking at some ingredients lists of Planeta Organica, to be honest, I wouldn't order them from abroad - after all, we have a ton of organic products with similar formulations here, too.
Also, I always bring my friends some products from here when I visit Russia, because they order Desert Essence, Jason and Aubrey Organics and other stuff from places like iHerb for a hefty premium - I feel like they probably wouldn't be regularly ordering this kind of stuff from abroad (with what's going on with the rouble) if they were totally satisfied with what's available locally. :shrug:

I do love burdock root oil and sea buckthorn oil, which are very widely available in Russia, but not here. :violin: Same goes to dried burdock root and nettle, they are so widely available in pharmacies there! :)

chen bao jun
March 15th, 2015, 12:53 PM
Meteor you can get burdock root oil and dried burdock root here on the internet and in health food stores such as Trader Joe's or the common market (the dried burdock root as tea, and the nettle as tea).

Sea buckthorn I have never seen.

My Ukrainian friends want nothing to do with either, they have gone crazy for American shampoos and always shoving bottles at my nose to make me smell the fragrances they love. they dislike American food because it is processed, hate American butter, can't stand the bread here and complain about the fruit, milk, everything--
but they are total converts to our shampoo.

They still adore long hair, especially long black hair, the darker the black the better and swoon over the Latina girls; hair. (they are all blonette). But they appreciate any extremely long hair, thick and healthy looking, they saw photos of Seeshami's hair and think she is the most beautiful ever, the ones who grew up in Ukraine and were adopted late in their teenage years all long for classic or even knee length hair. The ones adopted early who grew up here are more style oriented.

But they all shampoo every day, rip through the hair with a ball bristle brush and keep getting trims every 3 months.

meteor
March 15th, 2015, 01:57 PM
Sea buckthorn oil (http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-765-sea%20buckthorn.aspx?activeingredientid=765&activeingredientname=sea%20buckthorn) is excellent for skin (vitamins A, B, C), too, not just hair. It has a great nutritional profile. :)

Interesting to hear about them liking long hair, chen! I'm quite surprised! That's really cool.
I've never seen long hair way past TBL worn down in the wild there - there are lots of pictures from 19th c. or older with those elaborate updos, long braids... certainly lots of fairy tales featuring long Rapunzel-esque braids, often golden, like "Золотой Волос (http://bonvoyage.kh.ua/assets/images/folder_5/Urals%20tales%20Bazhova%207710(1).jpg)" or "Варвара-Краса Длинная Коса (http://filmiki.arjlover.net/ap/varvara.krasa.dlinnaya.kosa.cd2.avi/varvara.krasa.dlinnaya.kosa.cd2.avi.image2.jpg)" but nowadays, super-long hair is certainly seen as very folksy and incompatible with urban fashionable look. (Tymoshenko definitely stood out - nobody wears that hairstyle there, unless it's for some cultural celebration event.) In fact, I'm pretty happy about recent long hair trends hailing from Hollywood, because they seem to be a lot more influential than our grandmas! :lol:

The most common hair complaints I've heard over there were thin/flat hair and split ends... and they sell lots of products to address these issues there. You wouldn't see as many "keratin straightening" or "taming" or "anti-frizz" treatments pushed in salons there as you do in N.America, whereas "volumizing" is always a big selling point, and curly hair is relatively rare - certainly a lot less common than in N.America, I think. Same goes to red/auburn hair there - extremely rare and almost never natural. And you are right, blonette/bronde hair is pretty common and is called "русый", which, ironically, originally meant "red" (from "rousse") but evolved over many centuries to mean hair color between blonde and brunette.

Great point about bad hair practices like ripping a brush through hair or daily shampoo being pretty common there. :thumbsup: It's kind of the norm and took me so long to un-learn. :rolleyes: Though herbal rinses were popular with our grandmas, I've never heard of traditional Russian oiling either: oiling hair a very foreign concept there (possibly via India/Middle East?), gaining popularity now thanks to exposure to new trends in the West, too!

StellaKatherine
March 15th, 2015, 02:22 PM
I have that "famous" русый hair colour. I basically get the golden shine only when dirrect sunlight. So when here in Europe people look at me and say, that I am a brunette.... I want to scream :D My grandmother had a super long thick almost black braid, that she liked to put around her head... She is my inspiration ...