PDA

View Full Version : Classic length/no bangs w/ round face . . . Help!! (w/pics)

iluvbooks
November 17th, 2014, 12:46 AM
So basically a few times a year I get into a tizzy and decide that I need a change, which isn't that unjustified considering I've had the same style of hair for my entire life. The wildest thing I've ever done was get layers in middle school and bangs in high school. Always the same long length and color.

Ok, so I have classic length auburn hair. I also have a round face, and currently, no bangs or "hangy things" which are just little pieces of hair that fall down to somewhat frame my face. They've all grown out and have blended into my hair. Basically, it's super boring and I look ugly without any hair framing my face, because of how round it is. Not flattering when you pull it back into a bun and all you've got is face, face, face.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2arl28.jpg

I tried the bang thing once, as I've said, but it didn't work out because I have wavy/frizzy/curly hair and it required me to straighten it. Also, because I've got a weird hairline and cowlick that makes the bangs part to the side, no matter how much I've tried to get them to go straight.

http://i59.tinypic.com/fzc5yc.jpg

I NEED something to frame my face., but I don't want to go full on bangs again, and I'm tired of my same ole 'hangy things" that I've had all my life like this:

http://i59.tinypic.com/28tf2b7.jpg

I need your help, guys :( What should I do??? What frames the face but isn't full on bangs?? So lost. No wonder I never cut my hair. I wouldn't know what I wanted!!

What would look best on me? I'd love some example pics <3

iluvbooks
November 17th, 2014, 12:50 AM
Side note: Do any of you long hairs have bangs or other face framing hairs? Or do you prefer all one length for a thick hem?

Majorane
November 17th, 2014, 01:24 AM
Maybe you could do graduated hangy things? Where the shortest bits are so short you can just plonk them behind your ears, and the longest are halfway between chin and collarbone? Normally I'd say that with round faces, a cool straigh across blunt bangs look marvellous (especially if one sweeps the blunt bangs in a side part to the left and right - quite retro) but if you don't want that because of waves, then that is not an option.

However from one roundface to another, I think that you are very beautiful. I get the feeling of 'just face' when the hair is up and no bangs stick out. But you have such nice skin, pretty eyes and a beautiful face that that's just in your head. Of course, if it bother you, I say hooray to hangy things and face framing layers, but beauty-wise you look fine without them, too. :) :flower:

Wildcat Diva
November 17th, 2014, 02:08 AM
Wow! Do you have a beautiful face and head of hair!!! After getting over 'the wow', I see that yes, your face is round. I really need a bun pic, but yes I would guess that your full face would be emphasized by that bun style. Maybe a sectioned bun that with a half up part, might let you pouf up the top of your hair a bit around your forehead and temples do that it's not so severe.

Or fake, clip on bangs. Maybe puppycatmeow on ETSY could help with that part somehow.

I wouldn't cut it if it was me.

I think that I have a pretty face, but a prominent jaw/chin thing. Ah well, it's just me, and I won't change my hair to compliment it better or hide it. It's just me, and I'm pretty anyway. :)

Wildcat Diva
November 17th, 2014, 02:32 AM
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/125703450/wide-double-strand-hair-braided-headband?ref=cat_gallery_1
How about a braided headband like this? And look, the "bangs" in this case appear to be longer hair that is poofed back over the ear on the side and likely pinned under the braid.

But I betcha betcha she can make a braided headband with bangs that would look cool and somehow go back into a bun.

lapushka
November 17th, 2014, 02:36 AM
I don't think it looks unflattering at all. The first picture is my favorite! :) Anyway, if you have hints of waves, face-framing can be a bad bad bad bad choice. Those are the bits that will not play nice and frizz up. Unless they are straightened.

purplevickie
November 17th, 2014, 03:02 AM
I have exactly this problem, so am watching with interest. Bangs really don't suit me - I have quite a small, round face with a relatively low hairline, so full bangs make my face look even smaller and sideswept just doesn't work with my hair, it's too floppy. I am resigned to looking 'all face' with my hair pulled right back, but I prefer to wear it down or in a half-up, which looks softer. Days I pull my hair right back are days I'm too tired or busy to care much how I look!

And incidentally, you have my absolute dream hair - classic length auburn waves are what I wish I'd been born with.

ummyahya
November 17th, 2014, 03:37 AM
iluvbooks: your face looks like a Preraphaelite dream, how can you say it's boring! :thud:
But if you feel like framing your face, what about some nice accent braids in an updo? would that make things better for you?

Wosie
November 17th, 2014, 03:56 AM
I must have a face round like a football, 'cause I don't think yours look round at all. :o I was thinking oval. You are stunningly beautiful and I honestly think you look the best w/o bangs. It doesn't look boring at all! I understand you get bored of the "no interesting sections around one's face", though, as I don't have any of those either. I just keep thinking "it'll take ages to grow out when I get bored with them..." (which I naturally will, sooner or later). Also, like you said, bangs thin the hemline out a tad. I love thick hemlines and having a fringe would remove a lil' of that.

SongofLove
November 17th, 2014, 04:08 AM
I'm sorry, I have no advice but I can't help but say that you're ravishingly beautiful. Truly stunning :O

Wildcat Diva
November 17th, 2014, 04:34 AM
Yes, accent braids are a good choice. Look at that first pic with your hair on the right a little poofed out by your eye. Take just that section, about three inches from the roots you can start a little accent braid with poofy roots which you can pin or clip or french braid and then back into your bun the length of it goes.

Dreams_in_Pink
November 17th, 2014, 04:38 AM
I feel your pain about having to straighten bangs or they look no good.

But i don't understand how you think you look ugly without them?? You have a nice full hairline so you wouldn't look bald while sporting a bun. Besides, you have a gorgeous face and pretty complexion to show off. I insist you do NOT need something to frame your face :(

spidermom
November 17th, 2014, 07:09 AM
I agree that you don't need something to frame your face (it's very pretty), but if you're bored with the same-ole same-ole, there's nothing wrong with getting something different. I don't know how to attach pictures from the Internet, but there are a lot of ideas floating around out there. Put your search engine to work!

MidnightMoon
November 17th, 2014, 07:14 AM
lol I have the same problem you have, and my hair has a similar texture :p
honestly, what I do is take the pieces of hair closer to my hairline and just cut them to chin length.
I noticed I had a decent amount of hair cut to that length, though, so I just decided to let it grow.
Sure, it can make your face look more boring sometimes but its extra hair down your hemline :/
Plus, I always have a part in the middle, so its not that different than having no bangs

Hootenanny
November 17th, 2014, 07:32 AM
I think your first pic (with no bangs) is absolutely stunning, and I would be hesitant to chop bangs in for some of the reasons you mentioned. If you want to get around the round-face thing (although personally, it doesn't look that round to me), you could try doing buns with a deep side part and hair swept to the side over part of the forehead, kind of like this: http://www.instyle.com/instyle/package/general/photos/0,,20609751_20615727_21189302,00.html The woman in that pic has a round face, and it's minimized by this kind of styling.

Kherome
November 17th, 2014, 07:35 AM
I must have a face round like a football, 'cause I don't think yours look round at all. :o I was thinking oval. You are stunningly beautiful and I honestly think you look the best w/o bangs. It doesn't look boring at all! I understand you get bored of the "no interesting sections around one's face", though, as I don't have any of those either. I just keep thinking "it'll take ages to grow out when I get bored with them..." (which I naturally will, sooner or later). Also, like you said, bangs thin the hemline out a tad. I love thick hemlines and having a fringe would remove a lil' of that.

You are correct, her face is in no way round, it is definitely oval. It's just not a narrow oval which is why I think she calls it round. ETA it is almost a squared oval. Not round at all. Not to say that anything is wrong with round.

hanne jensen
November 17th, 2014, 07:36 AM
I think that your hair suits your face as is. I know that one can get pretty bored with the same look all the time, but I think that the first picture with no hangy things is beautiful. Have you thought about wearing your hair up just for a different look?

AmyBeth
November 17th, 2014, 07:53 AM
I know you want advice about face framing layers, but I really don't have any opinion on that. But I do think that you are being unnecessarily brutal in your self assessment of your face. Please, can you not see how gorgeous your face is??!! Not surprising if you can't, I don't think most of us ever give ourselves the credit we deserve. With a face like that, "face face face" is a GOOD thing.:) I don't think anything you can do with layers or bangs is going to change that! Your hair is gorgeous too. If cutting layers or bangs will make you feel better, go for it. I'm sure others among us might be able to guide you in your thinking about that. BTW, I have always thought that round faces are the most beautiful. I'm probably biased because my face is a very oblong oval and, naturally, I've always wanted something other than what I was given by nature.:p

LongCurlyTress
November 17th, 2014, 08:16 AM
https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/125703450/wide-double-strand-hair-braided-headband?ref=cat_gallery_1
How about a braided headband like this? And look, the "bangs" in this case appear to be longer hair that is poofed back over the ear on the side and likely pinned under the braid.

But I betcha betcha she can make a braided headband with bangs that would look cool and somehow go back into a bun.
Wildcat Diva, I love this Etsy site! Just asked for some color swatches! Thanks so much!!

And, I also have curly hair and a forehead with alot of deep lines-you dont have lines, just me :), (56 years old and a worrier, but this is for a different thread...lol) anyways, I also have gone the straightening bang route for similar reasons as you as I also have a round/oval face. You look VERY pretty both with and without bangs, but bangs on a curlygirl look good imo, on me anyways, for maybe 5 minutes. If its raining, they frizz out, if its hot, my forehead gets sweaty and they part in weird ways around my eyes. I know the dilemma you are in. So, def try the braided strand from Etsy that Wildcat Diva mentioned, but also try a small poof with your hair in a half up (please see my siggy pic) and then bring some side bangs down or some tendrils from the sides of your hairline at the temples to soften the style. Think renaissance hair framing tendrils, just one from each temple. There are alot of youtube videos out there on faking bangs with long hair.

https://www.google.com/search?q=face+framing+tendrils+half+up&biw=1239&bih=559&tbm=isch&imgil=L65pKGlPtziZ8M%253A%253B0Ad1n_3c4Ga5IM%253Bh ttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.fashioncraz.com%25252F half-up-half-down-prom-hairstyles-2010%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=L65pKGlPtziZ8M%253A%252C0Ad1n_3c4Ga5IM%252C_&usg=__PHM1LolmtUv3SphQDSBwY49te9s%3D&ved=0CC4Qyjc&ei=nBJqVM7EGYv5yATGh4CAAg#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=L65pKGlPtziZ8M%253A%3B0Ad1n_3c4Ga5IM%3Bhttp% 253A%252F%252Flh5.ggpht.com%252F_hI4LSw6_poU%252FS 7Eg5_G8mMI%252FAAAAAAAAGc0%252FZHyirl_zdcg%252Fo8O FkK-sKazl.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.fashioncraz.com %252Fhalf-up-half-down-prom-hairstyles-2010%252F%3B512%3B428

I will never cut bangs or layers again as they are a total pain to grow out/do braids with etc. Plus I just trimmed my hemline 1-2 inches in parts to trim off the thin parts at the hemliine as I am growing out my layers. Good luck~~ And you have a very pretty face and hair!

anaserenita
November 17th, 2014, 08:17 AM
iluvbooks, you are absolutely beautiful, I agree with lapushka... the first pic is also my fave :flower:

Wildcat Diva
November 17th, 2014, 09:06 AM
LongCurlyTresses, you are welcome. Enable enable enable. I may have also reminded myself that I would like a long hair paranda from that site. :D

Agnes Hannah
November 17th, 2014, 09:57 AM
iluvbooks: your face looks like a Preraphaelite dream, how can you say it's boring! :thud:
But if you feel like framing your face, what about some nice accent braids in an updo? would that make things better for you?

This^^ absolutely! you have the right hair for romantic braids and Game of Thrones , you lucky thing!!

Yenn
November 17th, 2014, 10:13 AM
I won't be much of a help here, just wanted to chime in here with compliments! My first thought was - omg can I draw you?? haha I understand getting bored with same old, honestly, I do, but even though you are bored with old look it still looks amazing on you, as many people here confirmed^.^

hypersensitive
November 17th, 2014, 10:34 AM
Side note: Do any of you long hairs have bangs or other face framing hairs? Or do you prefer all one length for a thick hem?

I have side bangs that I cut in myself. I too have a round face and it looks kinda blah when my hair is pulled into a bun without face framing hangy things. Personally I prefer blunt hemline but with bangs to soften the face.

mira-chan
November 17th, 2014, 10:58 AM
I have a similar hair type, I tried near face hangy things once and that didn't work so well. My hair would fluff out (Coarse and wavy) if I cut a fringe and I have never used a blow dryer in my life, nor am I likely to start styling my hair with heat.

I have an oval face and things look perfectly fine with hair down but I almost never wear it down. My face is a touch asymmetric (Thanks crossbite) and having something around the face would help things our a bit. Once a year or two I get the urge to have something like a fringe. I find having a deep part for updos help reduce that urge. It pretty much fakes a controlled side fringe. So far so good for me. I'd love to try something face framing, chin length or a touch longer, eventually but it seems not likely now.

Yozhik
November 17th, 2014, 12:35 PM
In my opinion, your first photo is the most flattering, but since I assume you mostly wear buns, I can understand that having all of your hair scraped back may look different.

I second the suggestion of having another photo of your current hair pulled back in a bun - I'm sure you're just as stunning as you are now!

In addition to sectioning, poufing, side parts, and accent braids, have you considered a higher bun positioning? I know that it can help elongate my face if I go for a very high bun, and I'd imagine it would do the same for you.

Also, as a side note, I bet a crown braid would look fantastic on you with your hair color, texture, and length. :flower:

door72067
November 17th, 2014, 12:45 PM

you said what I was thinking, but couldn't put into words

such a beautiful, classic face (I don't see *round* at all)

OP, I think you look lovely just as you are, no changes needed...but I wish you well, whatever you decide to do

sumidha
November 17th, 2014, 01:26 PM
I think Yozhik is on the right track, rather than doing bangs or wispies around the face my vote is for adding an extra step or two when you do buns to give the hair some movement around your face. Sectioning, keeping a side part instead of combing it straight back, and intentionally making buns looser so your hair still has some volume and curl at the roots and around your face... You have lovely fine-ish, wurly (from what I can see) hair that would look amazing styled in 'softer' styles. Think gibson girl, or anything labelled 'bohemian' on pinterest.

Here's Veronica Lake rocking the extreme side part: http://www.harpersbazaar.com/cm/harpersbazaar/images/0R/hbz-hair-veronica-lake-02.jpg

I think you would look great with the side part, combined with a behind the ear bun on the opposite side.

Twists are also a great starting place: http://blog.blanchemacdonald.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/amandawow1.jpg

Here's a nice loose, poofy accent braid: http://cdn.modwedding.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Updo-Wedding-Hairstyle-2-062013.png

I tried to find a video for how to loosen the hair around your face after you've done an updo, but couldn't find a good one... Basically you take the pointy end of a comb, or a hair stick, and working with around a one inch section at a time, insert the stick perpendicular to the direction your hair is going, about an inch back from your hair line, and gently pull away from your scalp like, half an inch, maybe less. Hopefully that made sense, and should give you some poof and looseness around the hair line without backcombing.

cat11
November 17th, 2014, 01:36 PM
who says bangs need to be straight? Only if you specifically want straight across, straight bangs. That's only ONE style of bangs. I found a couple pics... ignore the shorter hair in the back, pay attention to the front. It's like a gradual framing, and the bangs dont have one place they have to fall, you just part them however your cowlick demands (I have one in the front too)

What about this
http://tophairstyletips.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/316.jpg

or this? (I think its actually Meg Ryan)
http://www.womensbeautylife.com/albums/Celebrities-HairStyles/Meg_Ryan_wavy_short_haircut_with_layers_and_long_s ide_bangs.jpg

or this one?
http://www.hairfinder.com/haircollections2/long-haircut-wavy-hair.jpg

or this?
http://shortbesthairstyles.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/short-curly-bob-hairstyles-with-bangs-9.jpg

Side-bangs or unevenly parted bangs look really good on people with wavy and curly hair no matter what length.
No matter what you do it will look good, and no matter what you think you are really pretty, there's no need to be so hard on yourself or think "I cant do this, can't do that, don't look good like this..."

Elly May
November 17th, 2014, 02:10 PM
Since you asked for opinions, I also vote for the first picture--stunning! You have lovely eyes and perfect eyebrows...a shame to cover them up!

I happen to have bangs, but I have a high forehead and wrinkles, so I consider them Bang-tox. And my hair is straight so my bangs are very low maintenance. I have a small head so I try to pouf my updos a little so that it is not just slicked back, which makes my head look even smaller.

CurlyCap
November 17th, 2014, 07:32 PM
I know nothing about bangs, but:

I like the first picture more. :flower:

Atira
November 17th, 2014, 08:24 PM
your face looks slightly more oval than round, imo. And the first pic, no bangs, is the most flatterng. NOT boring. gorgeous!!!

Nadine <3
November 17th, 2014, 08:25 PM
I just wanted to say I think you look like Kate Winslet. Absolutely Stunning!

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5616/15196632314_aafd9dc474.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/p9SHkY)download (https://flic.kr/p/p9SHkY) by nadineschommer (https://www.flickr.com/people/127268164@N08/), on Flickr

Quahatundightu
November 18th, 2014, 12:30 AM
I really love the first picture! You look great with or without the bangs. Maybe you just aren't used to how your face looks with updos and no bangs / hangey things. But as a complete stranger I think it really suits you. However if you do want to do something different perhaps you could try a different style of bangs, like sideswept. You can part your hair to sidesweep it and test out the look without cutting anything.

fiğrildi
November 18th, 2014, 05:49 AM
Seconding everyone else's comments: you have a stunning classic beauty, and to me, you look better without bangs. I would say that your face shape is oval, not round. I would kill to have a rounder face shape like yours! I think that's one of the most flattering in women. You're very lucky! You could pull off any kind of hairstyle, with or without bangs, and you would still look beautiful :flower:

Jennah
November 18th, 2014, 05:57 AM

I second this! :crush:

DarleneH
November 18th, 2014, 06:02 AM
Milkmaid braids! When you pull them up and over your head, they add visual hair width at the sides for more framing.

Try all kinds of styling tricks like that and some of the other suggestions before you cut anyway. And new hair toys. I bet you will lose interest in cutting.

SwordWomanRiona
November 18th, 2014, 07:35 AM
Boring? Ugly??? I think you're simply stunning in the first pic :inlove:, you look anything but 'boring' or 'ugly' with your hair like that :flower: And there's nothing 'boring' or 'ugly' about round faces either, just saying :) (even if I agree about your face being between round and oval-ish)

I personally prefer how your hair looks without bangs, but nothing wrong at all with wanting a change, of course. I totally relate, I also have long hair without straight bangs or lots of 'hangy things', and I sometimes also think that I look "boring" like that, especially when I wear updos with nothing framing my face (And yet I don't think you look boring at all! I guess we're our worst critics xD). I got some long side bangs on my right side a couple of years ago, similar to your 'hangy things' in the second and third pics, although I wasn't 100% satisfied with how they fell around the face and I more often than not ended up keeping them behind my ears...So add me to the 'I sometimes want some sort of face framing stuff but I don't know how to get it' club xD!

AmyBeth
November 18th, 2014, 09:09 AM
I just wanted to say I think you look like Kate Winslet. Absolutely Stunning!

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5616/15196632314_aafd9dc474.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/p9SHkY)download (https://flic.kr/p/p9SHkY) by nadineschommer (https://www.flickr.com/people/127268164@N08/), on Flickr

You're right Nadine, that's an apt comparison. We should all be so lucky as to look as boring as that!:D

MsPharaohMoan
November 18th, 2014, 09:40 AM
First of all you're gorgeous. Second, I think two face framing pieces at the front, both cut to just under nose-length (does that make sense?) would look just lovely on you. I think it would also suit your natural hair pattern and cowlick and create something interesting around your face. I think the short, straightened bangs look a bit strange considering the rest of your hair isn't straight and they seem to elongate your face shape. If you wanna tinker around with colors you could try bleaching a streak and coloring it or coloring your entire head with a manic panic color (something that could easily work given your base color; for example, a deeper red). Ooooor, you could indigo the bottom layer of your hair. I think having different colors makes normal buns look woah! but that's just my opinion.

Avital88
November 18th, 2014, 03:09 PM
honestly, your face is too beautiful to hide it behind bangs. not boring it all. keep it the way it is :)

iluvbooks
November 18th, 2014, 06:11 PM
Thanks everyone for the nice comments and the lovely suggestions! Will be going through all of the ideas :)

I got some long side bangs on my right side a couple of years ago, similar to your 'hangy things' in the second and third pics, although I wasn't 100% satisfied with how they fell around the face and I more often than not ended up keeping them behind my ears...So add me to the 'I sometimes want some sort of face framing stuff but I don't know how to get it' club xD!

This. This needs to be a club NOW!!

. . .Or fake, clip on bangs. Maybe puppycatmeow on ETSY could help with that part somehow.

Whoah, this is brilliant. People do that? WHERE HAVE I BEEN. I wonder if I could make fake bangs myself?? This may sound gross but I have a pile of hair sheds that I've been saving for no specific reason, maybe I could straighten them all out, and somehow craft a wig piece out of it?? So it doesn't look like fake synthetic hair? Hmm . . how the heck could I do that. . .

My first thought was - omg can I draw you??

Ooo are you an artist? I'd love to see some of your drawings!!

Gar!! I've tried to get those Kate Winslet Titanic curly "hangy things" foreeevverr, and my hair WILL do it (it curls when wet) BUT it gets frizzy the second it brush it, so it doesn't stay long.

Chocowalnut
November 19th, 2014, 05:15 AM
That's why you don't brush out curls :p aside from the fact your round face and hair is really pretty, so I wouldn't change anything, but maybe like someone else said- a deep side part/side bang would be really pretty but not to the point of having short, straight across, hard to maintain bangs. I love the look of these kind of bangs but I have the same problem as you, a cowlick that keeps parting them in the middle, plus my hair is fine and wurly, so it doesn't work out :/ I have also been contemplating cutting back to these type of bangs recently, after seeing them on other girls, I really love straight-across bangs!

Savvyhorsez
November 19th, 2014, 06:17 AM
Honestly I think you look great just the way you are. I personally don't like (bangs/layers/whatever you want to call them) on myself.

katielea
November 19th, 2014, 06:21 AM
I love your picture with no bangs. Your hair and face are so beautiful. What about clip in bangs? No commitment, none of the styling woes of curly bangs, just wear them when you want

iluvbooks
November 19th, 2014, 03:37 PM
I love your picture with no bangs. Your hair and face are so beautiful. What about clip in bangs? No commitment, none of the styling woes of curly bangs, just wear them when you want

Yeah, I think I'm going to do that. :D Just gotta find or make something that looks realistic.

fiğrildi
November 19th, 2014, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I think I'm going to do that. :D Just gotta find or make something that looks realistic.

You can have a look here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/MissVioletLace?section_id=16211223&ref=shopsection_leftnav_5

The colours are not very similar than your hair colour, but you could always dye the bangs (or find another seller!) :)

Yenn
November 20th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Ooo are you an artist? I'd love to see some of your drawings!!
Yep, I'm illustrator (so, book illustration, concept art and such), and you can check out my website if your are curios (hope its not against forum rules??:spam: lol) its nelligubina.com Oh and yay for the clip on bang solution! I should get some myself since I almost feel bad growing out my bangs

Yenn
November 20th, 2014, 10:04 AM
double post v.v

Lis
November 20th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Love your hair without the bangs. If you still want to mix it up google long hair braids for some new styling ideas or look on google/youtube for how to temp create bangs using your own long hair. Creates a different look without the commitment.

SwordWomanRiona
November 20th, 2014, 03:05 PM
This. This needs to be a club NOW!!

Well, I'm in :D!

I've thought about the clip-ins before, but never actually tried them. Now I'm browsing clip-in bangs on Etsy. Thanks for enabling me, thread :lol:!

katielea
November 20th, 2014, 03:10 PM
What about these? a little expensive but they come in so many colors
http://dirtylooks.us/clip-in-bangs

katielea
November 20th, 2014, 03:11 PM
this site offers two styles http://www.bellamihair.com/pages/bellami-bangs

trolleypup
November 20th, 2014, 05:58 PM
Ok, so I have classic length auburn hair. I also have a round face, and currently, no bangs or "hangy things" which are just little pieces of hair that fall down to somewhat frame my face. They've all grown out and have blended into my hair. Basically, it's super boring and I look ugly without any hair framing my face, because of how round it is. Not flattering when you pull it back into a bun and all you've got is face, face, face.
Heh, I'll jump on the bandwagon of people liking the first picture best. But then I am about the last person to go to when you want a recommendation of bangs...or dangly pieces.

I would also say that your face is plenty interesting even with your hair slicked back in a librarian bun style. Remember, people looking at you are further away than you usually are when you look in a mirror, so they will always see more of your hair than you will. So. Ugly and boring. Those are non-starters. By all means, though, do what pleases you.

RachelRose
December 25th, 2014, 08:50 PM
I think you look beautiful and your face is round but not super round if you know wish I mean . I'm round too and I always get told I look younger or child like so be happy you will prob not show your age as fast . As far as hair I love your hair and think the waves and texture create what hangy things do for straight hair . You have a depth to your hair and texture that isn't boring at all :)

FrostedLoki
December 26th, 2014, 05:15 AM
I think you're absolutely gorgeous, and so is your hair!

Granted if you're still not happy, how about trying braided buns in your hair? Have a small French/Dutch style braid at the start and gradually transform it into a bun in the back? That way there is some more texture right around your face and you don't have to reach for the scissors?

CremeTron
December 26th, 2014, 07:07 AM
all you've got is face, face, face.

Ahaha! Well that made me laugh very much! I feel the same way about buns on me for the same reason. I read that comment and then scrolled down and I am afraid I disagree if you mean a bun would be unflattering as to me you have a very beautiful and striking face!!!

But anyway you can leave some long tendrils out and they would still frame your face in a way especially since your hair is wavy. I would advise against any cutting if then that means you need to heat style.

LillithTheFirst
May 19th, 2015, 05:59 PM
Simple things that don't require cutting the hair include:
Changing where you part your hair middle, off-centre, deep side part....
Clipping or pinning up the hair on the sides of your face to change the shape of your face. Centre part with the sides clipped loosely to the sides so you have some of your forehead covered. Pulling it back completely with the sides braided. Deep side part with the side with the most hair twisted and pinned, or overnight rag curling the section of hair and making a faux bang like a 50's kind of style.
Adding things like fake flowers, ribbons and the like are fun too.

texangrrl
May 20th, 2015, 08:03 AM
iluvbooks, you're gorgeous!! And I prefer the first picture of you with no bangs.

Illryeth
May 20th, 2015, 08:14 AM
I honestly love the way you look! Your hair is gorgeous and your face is so gorgeous too!!! The color fits you so well!!!
And I agree exactly with what ummyahya said!
You have a perfect look for paintings :D.

Alien Girl
May 21st, 2015, 04:24 AM
When I had longer hair, I made my "hangy things" start at my chin then gradually go down to my collarbone.

Oliviya
January 13th, 2020, 06:28 AM
What's the best Hair Extensions brand in USA? & What are the different types of Hair Extensions?

I've had long hair almost my entire life.. Want to be dramatic and chop it all off cause I'm a lil tired of taking 2 hrs every other day to blow dry & flat iron it now. It naturally has a mild wave to it if I don't style it. Anyways, I decided to go for hair extensions. Please guide me through the best hair extension brand in USA and also what are all the types is in there.*

Thanks in Advance.*

bparnell75
January 13th, 2020, 12:37 PM
I was unable to view your pics. but I have the same problem. Classic length and a round face. I do the poof thing or put my bun up high where it can be seen and change the contour of the face shape. ........like so.
https://live.staticflickr.com/855/43217217914_f4ddeb092b_w.jpg

Ylva
January 13th, 2020, 01:39 PM
Note: This is an old thread that has resurfaced due to the following post:

What's the best Hair Extensions brand in USA? & What are the different types of Hair Extensions?

I've had long hair almost my entire life.. Want to be dramatic and chop it all off cause I'm a lil tired of taking 2 hrs every other day to blow dry & flat iron it now. It naturally has a mild wave to it if I don't style it. Anyways, I decided to go for hair extensions. Please guide me through the best hair extension brand in USA and also what are all the types is in there.*

Thanks in Advance.*

I can't help her personally but maybe someone can offer advice.