PDA

View Full Version : Back to LHC + hair growth pics

BellCat
August 20th, 2014, 01:45 PM
Hello all,

I'm (once again) back to the LHC after a long period of not caring about my hair. I gave my hair a much needed chop a couple of days before Christmas 2013, it went from just past BSL to just past shoulder length. I have not dyed my hair in two years this November.

I am now determined to finally reach my goal of hip length and not give up again!

So for the past two months I haven't been using any heat and for the past four days I have been taking Biotin, MSM and been washing my hair every second day with the Body Shop's Rainforest shampoo - it contains no silicones, no sulphates, no parabens and no colourants. http://www.bodyshop.com/hair/shampoo/rainforest-balance-shampoo.aspx I chose the Balance shampoo for oily hair since my hair gets oily every day. I have also been using this conditioner http://www.bodyshop.com/hair/conditioner/rainforest-moisture-conditioner.aspx. I've been trying to only wash my hair 3 days a week instead of every day.

I'm not sure how much my hair grows per month, but it has measured in at 23" yesterday :-) I am curious to see how long it will take to reach waist

fiğrildi
August 20th, 2014, 03:00 PM
Hi BellCat, and welcome back :flower:
It looks like your hair is growing fast, which is a nice thing! I would say you'll reach waist in a year, but it could be sooner if you don't trim too much.
Your ends look very healthy, and hair in general, so I think you'll have no problems growing out to hip :wink:

Have you considered stretching the washes a little more? Maybe twice a week? Using a BBB could help you with the oily scalp.
My scalp used to be very oily, and I used to need a wash every second day too, until I gave up with shampoo and tried co-washing. The transition period was hard, but it was worth it! I wash once a week now, and shampoo never again ;)

I have tried the rainforest conditioner, and it was ok, but I found it too pricey and did not see any positive change in my hair while using it :shrug:
I would like to try the banana conditioner though, a lot of people here seem to be very happy with it :wink:
Happy growing!

GetMeToWaist
August 20th, 2014, 03:07 PM
Hey welcome back :) your hair is very soft looking and pretty

lapushka
August 20th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Welcome back! :)