PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever have a bad hair week?

Weewah
January 25th, 2014, 10:02 PM
Ever have a period of time where everything you do to your hair goes wrong? Like you feel like you got it all figured out, but then there is yet another rude awakening that, no, in fact you don't have your hair all figured out.

Well I'm having one of those weeks. I think it's a just-joining-LHC symptom that will pass in time.

ErinLeigh
January 25th, 2014, 11:44 PM
yes, and its usually when I end up buying more products and cutting my hair.
trying to stop both habits.

hairpleasegrow
January 26th, 2014, 12:04 AM
Yes I agree with ErinLeigh.

I've had about 6 months of bad hair :( but it's improved greatly since finding LHC. I'm a new member too I know I found it a little intimidating when I first joined. There are so many people with long gorgeous hair on this site (yours is gorgeous too btw ....you are at my goal length and health if that makes you feel any better :))

restless
January 26th, 2014, 12:05 AM
Yeap, every now and then there are times (several days in a row) when my hair decides that it absolutly wont copperate no matter what, even though I havent done any changes in my (very simple) routine. The braid waves wont last, its frizzy, too flat or too fluffy, a strand decides to flip in a funny direction... you name it. I dont really do anything about it, I just wait and itīll pass. Eventually :p

Weewah
January 26th, 2014, 12:37 AM
I'm over excited to try all these things, so anything and everything can go wrong, lol. My hair isn't as healthy as my avatar makes it seem, I styled it with rollers so it lays nicely. It's all bleached and breaks off constantly and soaks up everything/gets buildup in a bad way.

jacqueline101
January 26th, 2014, 07:34 AM
Yes I have those moments every day of my life. That's why I hate trying new things on my hair.

shutterpillar
January 26th, 2014, 08:20 AM
I always have bad hair moments when I try new products or attempt to switch from a routine that I know works well for my hair. For instance, not long after I first joined LHC I began reading about how quite a bit of the people here stretched their washes for days or weeks at a time, so naturally that was one of the first things I attempted for my new hair routine. After a few months I began to realize I am just not the type that can stretch their washes for longer than every other day.
Another thing I tried repetitively but my hair just did not like was the much raved about SMT (Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment.) So many people here have good outcomes from that treatment, but I always end up with a big frizzy mess. Turns out my hair loathes honey. ;)

I also get bad hair days from sleeping on damp hair, but that is usually resolved by spritzing it with water and running a comb through it.

Oh, and don't even get me started on the static in the winter and humidity in the summer.

HintOfMint
January 26th, 2014, 11:59 AM
Having a bad hair week right now. Between a disappointing haircut where the hairdresser cut off too little instead of too much (so my ends are still crunchy), and going to a hotel with only shampoo and no conditioner, and realizing that I need to cut off two inches off my length because my overlayered ends are getting the better of me... Ugh.

ExpectoPatronum
January 26th, 2014, 12:13 PM
My entire life is one big bad hair week. ;)

Verdandi
January 26th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Yes!
Not that often anymore though, since I've found out pretty much what works for my hair. I still get those bad weeks when I just long for the next washday to start over and hope for a normal week. That's when I just braid it, hate it and wait for washday.

Naiadryade
January 26th, 2014, 07:10 PM
When this happens to me it is because of one or both of these reasons:

1. I tried a new deep treatment or hair experiment that probably doesn't deserve to be repeated on my hair.
2. I left my hair down/unprotected during a crucial activity and got a whole bunch of splits and damage that take hours to S&D out.

amanda_the_tall
January 26th, 2014, 08:06 PM
Yes, I got so mad at my hair I chopped it from nearly 2" from waist, back to APL. Although I learned my lesson, layers aren't my friend, I'm rather annoyed since it grows so slow, and the reason I cut layers to begin with was for my cousin's wedding. However all my old dye damage is gone now, and just a bit of cassia left in the bottom of my hair, so now for growing it out (mostly) virgin!

Weewah
January 26th, 2014, 08:29 PM
Yep all my bad hair days are from trying new things I won't be repeating. I have bad luck with SMT and honey lightening, I'm hoping I can find a honey that doesn't leave residue so I can still do honey-related things. Also cassia gives me an ugly color so I can't do it until my bleached hairs are grown out. Oh and I also learned the hard way that heavy coconut oilings are tricky to wash out!

I can't wait til I'm done experimenting and can just settle into a routine that works!

cat11
January 26th, 2014, 09:13 PM
Yes. I just had one recently because I tried leaving a bunch of conditioner in my hair (...enough said) since I thought, gee, if Im just going to put it on as leave in when its damp in a little bit, why dont I just put on more soaking wet and leave it? Didnt work and I had weird, dull, greasy hair that I had to dry shampoo and leave up until I felt I'd waited long enough to wash it again. I hate overwashing my hair because it throws everything off and actually makes it look dirty quicker..

Wisteria
January 26th, 2014, 09:31 PM
Summer 2013... When I decided my hair was going to be stick straight. With the help of a flat iron and with the addition of a "few" layers, I thought it was awesome. It took me a few weeks to figure out I had messed up big time. My hair was fried, the lice (thanks Sis) and the lice shampoo sometime later didn't help either. I've now learned to embrace my hair's waviness.

Also last week when I went insane and used Head & Shoulders. It was so dry.

Weewah
January 27th, 2014, 03:23 AM
You know what they say it's all about the hair journey, right? At least things become clearer in hindsight, wish these lessons didn't cost money though....

Snorman
January 27th, 2014, 03:27 AM
Oh yes... Everyday right now is like that. I just can't seem to get my hair to look good. I don't wanna cut it until I've reached at least waist length. Then I was thinking layers. But right now.. BAH! I'm going crazy! I suck at updos, I can only do fishtail, dutch, french and english braids, my "buns" are just.. Weird.
My go-to-hairdo right now is like Little My from Moomin...
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/t1/1425541_10152142795862577_1675948051_n.jpg

Rachxx
January 27th, 2014, 05:24 AM
I'm over excited to try all these things, so anything and everything can go wrong, lol. My hair isn't as healthy as my avatar makes it seem, I styled it with rollers so it lays nicely. It's all bleached and breaks off constantly and soaks up everything/gets buildup in a bad way.

I know exactly what you mean. The bleached ends of my hair get so much build up so quickly, and it makes them take hours to dry!