Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Nebulae
April 13th, 2013, 03:40 PM
LOL I looked through a few of those videos just now.. awesome! :lol:

humble_knight
April 22nd, 2013, 04:13 PM
My sweet lullaby tonight :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9IxBzaQDvo

Thanks to a Czech Tolkien friend for this find! Hope some of you enjoy it!

SwordWomanRiona
April 25th, 2013, 03:47 AM
That's so beautiful! The harp is such a beautiful instrument...and that song is such a haunting, beautiful song :inlove:

Bagginslover
April 25th, 2013, 04:25 AM
Thats so beautiful! Misty Mountains as sung by Richard Armatage etc has become my alarm to wake me up in the mornings, its fast replacing 'The Bridge of Khazad-dum' as my favourite LOTR piece.

DarthCynthia
April 25th, 2013, 07:51 AM
Thats so beautiful! Misty Mountains as sung by Richard Armatage etc has become my alarm to wake me up in the mornings

Oh, that would be a lovely way to wake up! I'll have to remember that. Both my husband and I love that song (and have watched the Hobbit way too many times LOL!).

Ocelan
April 25th, 2013, 08:47 AM
That's beautiful, humble_knight! Thanks for sharing. Now I want to learn to play the harp!

On another note, I am a little afraid to have some of by favourite songs as wake up songs as I'm afraid I'll get tired of them after a while. I'll just keep them as things to listen when I really wany yo instead of every day. :)

Bambi
April 25th, 2013, 09:15 AM
So beautiful!!!! Makes me all fuzzy inside, thank you so much!

KittyBird
April 25th, 2013, 11:48 AM
humble_knight, that song is incredible! It gave me goosebumps all over :o

humble_knight
June 7th, 2013, 06:18 AM
First glance at Tauriel in the new film :

http://i43.tinypic.com/2qktap2.jpg

Thoughts? It looks like she's been at the henna :p:D

Bagginslover
June 7th, 2013, 07:36 AM
I'm really hoping that photo has been retouched, as I'll be quite disapointed if her hair is that red. I love red hair, don't get me wrong, but it just seems incongruous for a Tolkien Elf.

Nightshade
June 7th, 2013, 08:24 AM
I'm really hoping that photo has been retouched, as I'll be quite disapointed if her hair is that red. I love red hair, don't get me wrong, but it just seems incongruous for a Tolkien Elf.

If you look at the other images that come up in a google image search it's often much more dull. I'm sure it's just that red because she's in direct sunlight.

Bagginslover
June 7th, 2013, 08:44 AM
Ahh! That makes me feel a little better, this is the first photo I've seen (I'm in spolier avoidance mode for Hobbit movies ;) ) :) Tolkien never mentioned red-headed elves, he does specifically mention blonde and dark hair on them though, so I'm sure if he'd intended there to be red heads, he'd have said something ;)

Nightshade
June 7th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Yeah, like in this picture she looks strawberry blonde at best :)

http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/5099/f6a017e96fee390d0c588ab.jpg

Ocelan
June 7th, 2013, 08:51 AM
I never imagined elves with red hair either. I thought they would have more muted colors and natural blondes and brunettes, never really black, white or red hair. The other pictures of her I've seen she's had kind of an auburn or reddish blonette hair, whatever than color is called for real. For example this fan art (http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/023/4/4/tauriel_by_chrispickman-d5shy15.jpg) is so unnatural looking when it comes to color and makes her look more evil, like a game character instead of a nature loving elf. I mean nicely drawn, but too over the top in the coloring section.

Bagginslover
June 7th, 2013, 10:04 AM
That is an incredible drawing though!! Wow! That, and the first photo posted makes me think of WoW to be honest.... Just too bright and overtly fantasy for my liking. The second photo Nightshade posted is much better, lets hope the filters they are so fond of don't amp up her colour ;)

Ocelan
June 7th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Yes, definitely an amazing drawing! It made me think of WoW too but I didn't dare say as I wasn't sure how familiar others were here of MMORPGs, as I'm a nerd or atleast used to be one. :P I am more a fan of natural fantasy aswell if there can be such a thing. I do not like too bright things. WoW for example is way too much of a saturated candyland! I'm mousy myself. :3

humble_knight
June 7th, 2013, 05:06 PM
I like the inclusion of Tauriel in the new film. I read on a website today that Peter Jackson and his wife included her so as to have another interesting female character in an otherwise male-dominated film. I don't think that is the major reason she should be included, however. One thing I liked about the original LOTR trilogy was fighting-woman Eowyn, and with Tauriel I suspect she will be seen in some good action sequences. Regarding the colour of her hair, I like the reddish apparently seen in the photos floating around the i-net.

I still say SwordWomanRiona should have been cast in these films :p:D At least her elven mane is real and not some wiggy-wig :D

SwordWomanRiona
June 8th, 2013, 03:25 PM
Ahh! That makes me feel a little better, this is the first photo I've seen (I'm in spolier avoidance mode for Hobbit movies ;) ) :) Tolkien never mentioned red-headed elves, he does specifically mention blonde and dark hair on them though, so I'm sure if he'd intended there to be red heads, he'd have said something ;)

I love Tauriel's hair, but Tolkien specifically mentions that red-headed Elves/Elves with red highlights in their hair are very rare. Among the Noldor, only Nerdanel and her kin, and her sons Maedhros, Amrod and Amras are red-headed. Also, more than copper/true red hair, Tolkien seems to say auburn, he mentions that those Elves had very rare hair because it had red highlights in it...so it is possible that they didn't even have red hair proper. So copper hair would be incredibly rare, even inexistent, among Tolkien Elves, if auburn hair/hair with red tinges is already considered to be incredibly rare. Of course, he was speaking about the Noldor, it can be ambiguous whether he was speaking also in general terms and also referring to the Sindar and the Avari. We know that the Vanyar and the Teleri cannot have red or auburn hair, among the Noldor it is rare, but I don't really remember if he said anything about the Sindar or the Avari. In the films, there are some red-headed extras, and now Tauriel, who is Silvan, and thus one of the Avari. Maybe they were interpreting that it is possible for some Sindar and/or Avari to have red hair (although I think auburn would be more the case), maybe they just weren't purist to Tolkien in that respect...
So I, the red-hair lover AND Tolkien purist...I am torn in this respect. I love Tauriel's hair, but it doesn't seem to be very probable, that she would have hair this red.

Kaya
June 8th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Posted this in the 'Aggressive Hairtoy' thread, but figured it would also fit in quite well here! :)

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t548/tanookitail/Hair%20Toys/DSC_0033_zpsb16ce66b.jpg

SwordWomanRiona
June 8th, 2013, 04:24 PM
I never imagined elves with red hair either. I thought they would have more muted colors and natural blondes and brunettes, never really black, white or red hair. The other pictures of her I've seen she's had kind of an auburn or reddish blonette hair, whatever than color is called for real. For example this fan art (http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/023/4/4/tauriel_by_chrispickman-d5shy15.jpg) is so unnatural looking when it comes to color and makes her look more evil, like a game character instead of a nature loving elf. I mean nicely drawn, but too over the top in the coloring section.

Well, regarding dark hair, all the Noldor, except for Nerdanel's kin (who have auburn/red hair) have raven hair, black or very dark ;). And the Teleri have silver hair, which could be interpreted as silver, even white, or silvery blonde, it was never clear to me. I don't remember if Tolkien said anything about the hair-colour of the rest of Elven peoples - the Sindar, the Silvan Elves and the other Avari -, I think most of them might be blonde, although probably there are also some with brown hair, and maybe some with reddish hair.
That drawing is gorgeous! Although I agree, very red hair might not look realistic (it's a lovrly colour, though). Most of the promotional pics show her with more muted red hair, too. I think that some of the versions of that last promo's colours are very off, her clothes are also way bright greener than in other pics.

SwordWomanRiona
June 8th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Posted this in the 'Aggressive Hairtoy' thread, but figured it would also fit in quite well here! :)

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t548/tanookitail/Hair%20Toys/DSC_0033_zpsb16ce66b.jpg

Love it! I need to get more LOTR letter-openers :D!

SwordWomanRiona
June 8th, 2013, 04:32 PM
I like the inclusion of Tauriel in the new film. I read on a website today that Peter Jackson and his wife included her so as to have another interesting female character in an otherwise male-dominated film. I don't think that is the major reason she should be included, however. One thing I liked about the original LOTR trilogy was fighting-woman Eowyn, and with Tauriel I suspect she will be seen in some good action sequences. Regarding the colour of her hair, I like the reddish apparently seen in the photos floating around the i-net.

I still say SwordWomanRiona should have been cast in these films :p:D At least her elven mane is real and not some wiggy-wig :D

Haha, lol :o I wouldn't say no to Tauriel's hair, though ;)

I also like Tauriel's character. It's always good to have an active feminine character, and she agrees with Tolkien's canon too, Tolkien does say that female Elves can be warriors in Elven society (I've heard too many people complaining about it's not canon. In the book we don't even know anything about the Mirkwood centinels, who they are, their sex or their names!). The only thing I don't like is the romance bit, why do they always ,invariably, have to link a female character with romance? Does Thorin need a romance to be charismatic and believable? Does Bilbo? Nope! Well then, why does a female Elven captain and warrior need to be in love with someone to be more 'believable', or 'attractive' as a character?? Nothing wrong with falling in love, but why is it a must for most female characters? I read that it's not an important factor, though, so, well, yay imo.

Ocelan
June 9th, 2013, 04:40 AM
SwordWomanRiona, you are right about the raven black and silver white hair. It's been a while since my reading of the Tolkien books more concentrated on the elves and other history (Silmarillion, Unfinished Tales) that I am a little foggy and only going by my memory and imagination I guess. Somehow in my imagination the pure elven races have somewhat mixed and mingled or evolved since the beginning of time, getting some traits from each other and even some humans and thus produced less vibrant, less "pure" and more muted colors or more color variation after the "old times". It's just my imagination and mixture of other elven worlds I guess, so I will be rather open to things at this point. Of course some of the elves still present are very old and from more pure lines. Oh, I don't know what I'm babbling... I should have a read through those books again. I need to get my own copy of Silmarillion.

jacqueline101
June 9th, 2013, 06:45 AM
I'm not into the lord of the ring but I was looking for hair style ideas.

SwordWomanRiona
June 9th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Jacqueline, this thread is about Elvish hairstyles inspired by Tolkien's Elves :): http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=54335

oktobergoud
June 10th, 2013, 04:28 AM
Haha, lol :o I wouldn't say no to Tauriel's hair, though ;)

I also like Tauriel's character. It's always good to have an active feminine character, and she agrees with Tolkien's canon too, Tolkien does say that female Elves can be warriors in Elven society (I've heard too many people complaining about it's not canon. In the book we don't even know anything about the Mirkwood centinels, who they are, their sex or their names!). The only thing I don't like is the romance bit, why do they always ,invariably, have to link a female character with romance? Does Thorin need a romance to be charismatic and believable? Does Bilbo? Nope! Well then, why does a female Elven captain and warrior need to be in love with someone to be more 'believable', or 'attractive' as a character?? Nothing wrong with falling in love, but why is it a must for most female characters? I read that it's not an important factor, though, so, well, yay imo.

I agree with all of this! I'm very glad Tauriel is included because there hardly are any female characters in the Hobbit (or LOTR for that matter) and she seems really cool and badass. At the same time it's kind of frustrating that she, of coooourse *eyeroll*, has some romantic thing going on with another character. Like they only wrote her because they needed a bit of romance, instead of just wanting more female characters.

But we'll see. I think she looks really cool, although that promo picture is really really bad and heavily photoshopped. I do think she'll look lots better in the movie! :) In the promo videos her hair (and entire outfit) looked a lot more toned down!! Also, look at that arrowholder! It's so awfully Photoshopped in! She might not even be holding that bow haha! So no, I still have hope she'll look better than that :)

Bambi
June 11th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Have you guys watched the trailer for DoS yet? Thranduil..OMG!

Ocelan
June 11th, 2013, 12:04 PM
I haven't been able to find a trailer for DoS. A real one I mean, not one of those consisting of clips of the first movie. And I've been looking! Maybe I'm just daft? I wouldn't mind a linkity link if you have one. :)

Also, I have been expecting production videos for the second movie like there were for the first one. I loved those! Last time they started to come out in May and I think I recall them saying there would be more production videos for the second movie but atleast there aren't anything yet. I need something! It's such a long time until December! How do you guys keep yourselves entertained LotR-wise? :disco:

humble_knight
June 11th, 2013, 01:16 PM
Here ya goes, hairy ones :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idp6wjqG674

To answer Ocelan's question, I'm growing a beard - that is my preparation for the next part in the trilogy lol

hypersensitive
June 11th, 2013, 11:28 PM
That is awesome humble_knight! In preparation for the next movie, I will find some kick ass LOTR hairstyles to wear on opening night. I can't wait for the Desolation of Smaug! As for Tauriel, I find her inclusion intriguing. On one hand, I'm disappointed Jackson made her up, hence not making her not a *real* character in Tolkien canon but I'm interested to see how well she fits in to his movie. I don't think most normal people will mind that Tolkien never actually had her in his works as long as she pulls it off.

Miasen
June 12th, 2013, 12:48 AM
How do you guys keep yourselves entertained LotR-wise? :disco:

I'm reading Two Towers and trying to come up with a dwarf woman costume ideas to make for the movie! :D

I'm really diggin Lee Pace as Thranduil, totally awesome. And I the only one surprised with how much Smaug they showed in the trailer? I was sure they would keep teasing us, and then BOOM! There he was!

Bagginslover
June 12th, 2013, 02:19 AM
There will be fewer production videos, as 90% of the filming has been completed now. There will be small reshoots, but its mostly editing now, nothing else, and thats boring to vlog ;)

I'm not convinced the story NEEDS more females. I for one never read the books (many, mant times over!) thinking 'where are the girls?' It might be PC to include ladies, but personally, I think it distracts from the story.

I was rather unimpressed by Smaug in the trailer to be honest, I'm desperatly clinging to the hope that they've disguised him somewhat for the trailer, even just enhancing the shadows, as he looked a bit rubbish to me :( I was hoping we'd see far less of him though, many be just a foot, or tail again.

I'm entertaining myself making a Frodo costume :) Its very much in the planning stages at the moment, but I'm figuring out feet and hair, the rest is pretty simple ;)

Miasen
June 12th, 2013, 04:26 AM
I'm not convinced the story NEEDS more females. I for one never read the books (many, mant times over!) thinking 'where are the girls?'
I've never thought about a lack of girls either, in fact, I'd never even noticed that there weren't any female characters (at all/of importance-can't remember if there's anyone that's named in the book?) there's lots of dwarves and a dragon-that's all I ever needed! *shrugs* Hopefully she won't ruin anything, but I already know I won't find her adding anything of importance. I'd be just as fine without her.

I was rather unimpressed by Smaug in the trailer to be honest, I'm desperatly clinging to the hope that they've disguised him somewhat for the trailer, even just enhancing the shadows, as he looked a bit rubbish to me :( I was hoping we'd see far less of him though, many be just a foot, or tail again.

It felt very anticlimtic to show so much of him in the trailer, I was not prepared by it, and was disappointed tbh. I was expecting, like you, a bit more than just the eye, like, a glimpse of jewels or something like that, to keep the suspense going. Hopefully I will fall in love with him properly when we hear him talk!

Also, good luck on the costume! :D

Bagginslover
June 12th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Hopefully I will fall in love with him properly when we hear him talk!

Also, good luck on the costume! :D

How could you not?! Mr Cumberbatch has an incredible, expressive voice! Just saw him in the new Star Trek movie, anhd found him to be a perfect villain.

Thank you, I love making cosplays, and this will be the first non-Twilight one I've done in ages! I'm really looking forward to it ;)

humble_knight
June 12th, 2013, 08:48 AM
I'm entertaining myself making a Frodo costume :) Its very much in the planning stages at the moment, but I'm figuring out feet and hair, the rest is pretty simple ;)

Are you going to the cinema in your Frodo costume? :D

Bagginslover
June 12th, 2013, 08:52 AM
Are you going to the cinema in your Frodo costume? :D
If its done in time, I definitely will be!! I'll be the only one though, as no one near me cosplays :(

Ocelan
June 12th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Thank you for the link humble_knight! Now I'm even more excited about the next movie! All the dwarves in barrels! I think I want to craft something LotRy now! :)

And I do think the special effects aren't quite finished yet and most likely Smaug will be much more impressive looking in the actual film. There's still many months for them to do work on the rest of the movie and they usually don't finish until just before the premiere. Smaug is a key element in the whole thing so I'm sure the movie makers will pay much attention to detail in his presense, or atleast I hope so. It doesn't sound like Peter Jackson to make a wimpy looking villain.

Bambi
June 12th, 2013, 10:48 AM
I will just continue to grow out my hair and wear it in an elvish-style, I'm also going to order a nice shawl from Stansborough :).

Kaya
June 12th, 2013, 05:45 PM
I will just continue to grow out my hair and wear it in an elvish-style, I'm also going to order a nice shawl from Stansborough :).

You could get Gandalf's magical scarf from Weta! :o

On a general note, I was one of those who completely spazzed out over the trailer and watched in numerous time in a row and continue to watch it regularly. Not to mention I will be watching the first movie again before going to see 'Man of Steel' on Friday primarily to see the new trailer on the big GTX screen. :D I'm bemoaning the fact that December is so far away. I, for one, am taking everything in stride. I'm interested in seeing how Tauriel develops and I look forward to seeing Smaug as a whole. One cannot simply judge from one small glimpse...

Oh yeah, you guys have to check this out!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ1LCvs8Xcc

Vrindi
June 12th, 2013, 06:14 PM
OMG DRAGONS! I can't wait for the movie, so much that I might have to re-re-re-read the Hobbit all over again. My hair will probably be TBL by Dec. (I hope!!!) and I'm getting pretty good at the elvish and dwarven braids. I will definitely be dressing up. Oh yes, oh yes I will.

Bagginslover
June 13th, 2013, 12:56 AM

I have a throw from them. I was debating selling it as its never been out of the box, I wish I'd bought a cloak instead :(

oktobergoud
June 13th, 2013, 03:01 AM
Has anyone seen the video of the elves responding to the reaction of fans who were watching the trailer? (Lol what a sentence that is!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ1LCvs8Xcc

It's very cute haha :D

And I'm actually happy about Tauriel, because I do think it needs more women. Well, it doesn't NEED more women, because I like the story anyway. But I do miss more female characters in Middle Earth! I hope Tauriel will be as badass as she was in the trailers and more than just someone's love interest -_-

natural_shine
June 13th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Heh... I like LOTR too.

I feel amazingly good wearing my elven leaf brooch, my lady Galadriel ring... and my pampered hair down. :) And I go walk my dog in the nearby forrest, LOL, I feel like I'm going on an adventure.

Ocelan
June 13th, 2013, 12:29 PM
So I did do something crafty! Well... draw-y. I drew Tauriel. :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4838&d=1371147802

I haven't drawn anything proper in about two years, so it's not the best it could be. I'm a bit rusty... And the drawing isn't actually as blurry and I didn't take a picture of it that is that blurry, but LHC resizing messes up pictures. :/ Well, it's something! Maybe I'll do some more hobbit themed drawings if I find the inspiration. :)

Miasen
June 13th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Wow Ocelan, that's excellent!

I am in awe over what this mom did for her kid, best birthday party ever anyone? http://tikkido.com/node/826

neko_kawaii
June 13th, 2013, 04:37 PM
My son has been making me watch the trailer over and over just to see the dragon at the end.

As far as the changes made to the original story and introduction of new characters in the film *shrug* I'm jaded enough not to expect any film to stay true to a book. It will be a fun film, based on the world created by Tolkien, it will be visually pleasing and have nice orchestration. The books I loved growing up mostly had male protagonists and I've never had trouble identifying with someone simply because they don't share my gender. I do however have some young nieces who appear to need female characters to identify with. They have worked very hard to acquire all the female skylanders for instance so that they feel comfortable playing the game. So, if having a kick ass female warrior added to the story helps them identify with and enjoy it, that is fine by me. I do love a strong female character too. I reserve judgement about any romances until I have seen the film.

Vrindi
June 13th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Wow Ocelan, that's excellent!

I am in awe over what this mom did for her kid, best birthday party ever anyone? http://tikkido.com/node/826

Wow. Martha Stewart just wept with shame and went to hide in a corner. That party looks EPIC!

Bagginslover
June 14th, 2013, 02:12 AM
I want that party!! It would take me all year to make everything for it though!! >_<

Ocelan
June 14th, 2013, 07:18 AM
Yes, definitely love the party ideas and would love to have an occasion where I could arrange something like that. Maybe it wouldn't be as cool in all it's things but atleast I could make a cake like that! :) Now I wanna make a map like that on the wall...

Kaya
June 26th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Slight thread derailment ahead...

My newest tattoo! :inlove:

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t548/tanookitail/Tolkien/DSC_0518-c_zps25696683.jpg

Back to the actual thread subject, here's a very rough take on Fili's hair style, complete with beads. I did this the same day I took my hair down from being up in a 5-strand crown braid for 6 days. Hence the crazy waves and volume. I thought it was a very fitting hair look for a dwarven style, lots of volume and sorta greasy. My hair isn't normally this wild-looking. (Not to mention I only had enough beads to do one side of my head! I ordered more afterwards. :D)

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t548/tanookitail/Hair%20Toys/DSC_0134_zps5047fe34.jpg

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t548/tanookitail/Hair%20Toys/DSC_0128_zps836ee812.jpg

The beads can be found here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Dwarvendom

They are super easy to use and have a very nice weight to them, and the shop owner is quite pleasant. She sent me a free bead with my last purchase. :o The only thing that might be concerning is that the beads sometimes have to be pushed opposite of the hair shaft, though I'm sure through enough practice, one can hone their skills to avoid this. Either way, they work amazingly well, and I'm sure the shop owner would love some LHC business! :cool:

Bagginslover
June 27th, 2013, 02:15 AM
That looks fab!! Love Orcrist in the background too, bit envious you have that ;)

Ocelan
June 27th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Love the Smaug tattoo! And the hair is definitely dwarven. I'm sure the dwarves wear their hair in 5-strand crown braids when the're not out and about on adventures. ;)

humble_knight
June 27th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Adding that etsy shop to my favourites. Thanks for showing us those brilliant beads!

Kaya
June 27th, 2013, 03:50 PM
That looks fab!! Love Orcrist in the background too, bit envious you have that ;)

Thank you! :blossom: Orcrist is certainly a show-stopper. I love it! It's the first Tolkien sword I've gotten, and not the last. I'm sure my DH is ruing the day he suggested we go to the warehouse sale! :D

Love the Smaug tattoo! And the hair is definitely dwarven. I'm sure the dwarves wear their hair in 5-strand crown braids when the're not out and about on adventures. ;)

:spitting: OMG! Thank you! All I could do when I finished reading your comment was picture Thorin's lion's mane of hair braided up in a crown braid! Serious LOL moment! :rollin:

Adding that etsy shop to my favourites. Thanks for showing us those brilliant beads!

You're very welcome! I aim to enable, especially when it comes to anything LOTR/Hobbit related! :o

DarthCynthia
June 27th, 2013, 07:05 PM
Ahhh... nice hair beads and am loving Orcrist and the Thorin statue. :) Very cool job on the braiding, too!

Bambi
July 1st, 2013, 04:02 AM
I love your little Smaug...and your hair...Etsy is going to be my ruin;). I might get the Sword of Thranduil if and when it will be available;).
Here is my Lotr-inspired tattoo:
http://i42.tinypic.com/v6599k.jpg

Bagginslover
July 1st, 2013, 04:12 AM
Having just seen more stills of Tauriel, I'm thinking I might now need to cospaly her too, even though I'm not so keen on her incusion in TH, she is pretty awesome looking!

SwordWomanRiona
July 3rd, 2013, 10:03 AM
Slight thread derailment ahead...

My newest tattoo! :inlove:

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t548/tanookitail/Tolkien/DSC_0518-c_zps25696683.jpg

Back to the actual thread subject, here's a very rough take on Fili's hair style, complete with beads. I did this the same day I took my hair down from being up in a 5-strand crown braid for 6 days. Hence the crazy waves and volume. I thought it was a very fitting hair look for a dwarven style, lots of volume and sorta greasy. My hair isn't normally this wild-looking. (Not to mention I only had enough beads to do one side of my head! I ordered more afterwards. :D)

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t548/tanookitail/Hair%20Toys/DSC_0134_zps5047fe34.jpg

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t548/tanookitail/Hair%20Toys/DSC_0128_zps836ee812.jpg

The beads can be found here: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Dwarvendom

They are super easy to use and have a very nice weight to them, and the shop owner is quite pleasant. She sent me a free bead with my last purchase. :o The only thing that might be concerning is that the beads sometimes have to be pushed opposite of the hair shaft, though I'm sure through enough practice, one can hone their skills to avoid this. Either way, they work amazingly well, and I'm sure the shop owner would love some LHC business! :cool:

I love the style, and the beads look gorgeous! I've been wanting to have Dwarven beads for a long time, too bad the shop only ships to the US :( . I've found some dreadlock beads in another shop that could work too, though.
And I love Orcrist, so jealous!! I saw it irl a couple of days ago in an armoury shop, and it's beyond beautiful!!
I love the tatoo, too!

humble_knight
July 3rd, 2013, 10:16 AM
I don't know if any of you sub to fb pages about LOTR/TH but this showed up in my feed today and tickled my ribs a little :face:

http://i42.tinypic.com/qyaemg.jpg

Kaya
July 3rd, 2013, 10:35 AM
I love your little Smaug...and your hair...Etsy is going to be my ruin;). I might get the Sword of Thranduil if and when it will be available;).
Here is my Lotr-inspired tattoo:
http://i42.tinypic.com/v6599k.jpg

Ooo! Very nice! I especially love the leaf work designs. :) May I ask what the elegant elvish script says?

I love the style, and the beads look gorgeous! I've been wanting to have Dwarven beads for a long time, too bad the shop only ships to the US :( . I've found some dreadlock beads in another shop that could work too, though.
And I love Orcrist, so jealous!! I saw it irl a couple of days ago in an armoury shop, and it's beyond beautiful!!
I love the tatoo, too!

Thank you! :flowers: I love my Orcrist. It's the first Tolkien sword I ever bought, and not the last. (I have Fili's sword on pre-order and will probably pre-order Kili's sword as well. :eyebrows: It only makes sense to have the whole Durin family weaponry line!) It caused quite the spectacle in the store when they brought it out, since they didn't have it on display and neither of the sales guys who helped us had ever seen it unboxed. It was an awesome moment to say the least!

I don't know if any of you sub to fb pages about LOTR/TH but this showed up in my feed today and tickled my ribs a little :face:

:spitting: That's great! I love it!

Nightshade
July 3rd, 2013, 10:46 AM
:lol: Both my brothers have emailed me telling me that I need to go as Tauriel for Halloween. To quote DB15, "Come ON. You HAVE to. If I looked that much like a LotR character I'd totally do it."

Me, "Even if it was Smeagol?"

Him, "Yes, Precious, yes."

:lol: I accept full responsibility for turning them into D&D-playing, LOTR-loving fantasy nerds.

SwordWomanRiona
July 3rd, 2013, 05:21 PM
Yay, go for it, Nightshade!

Thank you! :flowers: I love my Orcrist. It's the first Tolkien sword I ever bought, and not the last. (I have Fili's sword on pre-order and will probably pre-order Kili's sword as well. :eyebrows: It only makes sense to have the whole Durin family weaponry line!) It caused quite the spectacle in the store when they brought it out, since they didn't have it on display and neither of the sales guys who helped us had ever seen it unboxed. It was an awesome moment to say the least!

I fell in love with Orcrist when I first saw it in the promo pics, I'll be definitely getting it asap! I have Glamdring, which is gorgeous as well, but I'd like the set, the two swords from the trolls' lair ;)

CaranDulin
July 3rd, 2013, 07:30 PM

Oh my gosh XD that's so funny!

Bagginslover
July 4th, 2013, 03:07 AM
:lol: Both my brothers have emailed me telling me that I need to go as Tauriel for Halloween. To quote DB15, "Come ON. You HAVE to. If I looked that much like a LotR character I'd totally do it."

:lol: I accept full responsibility for turning them into D&D-playing, LOTR-loving fantasy nerds.

Thats a great conversation!! You really should!

piffyanne
July 5th, 2013, 12:33 AM
found two new videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbo7OndHPec and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUNYCGZMtI8 (the latter has some swears that are beeped out, use discretion anyway)

Love them

Ocelan
July 5th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Teehee, that Gollum wins award thing is just so funny. I've seen it before. Was it perhaps the RotK extended dvd's easter egg or something?

Oh and then there's this for you Legolas fans (http://youtu.be/5NGguk8VXYc): :)

Bambi
July 5th, 2013, 04:17 PM
I love both video's! Thank you!

@Kaya: Thank you so much! I have always felt at ease and peaceful in the forest, so it was no surprise that I was going to fall for the Mallorn leaf-designs:). I've had them for 9(!) years now. As for the elvish it's "Freedom" written in quenya tengwar, I added it a couple of months ago:).

Maelyssa
July 5th, 2013, 06:37 PM

Very good sister. :D

I've done the same to my kids. My friend, who was our GM for a year until he moved out of state, has been tracked down online by my teens and is coming in August to hold a session due to extensive nagging, begging and pleading. Lol Well done kids, well done.

Maelyssa
July 5th, 2013, 06:39 PM
Humble knight.....the FB post....HILARIOUS!

Tori Angeli
July 19th, 2013, 08:25 AM
It is entirely possible I splurged on a custom-made headpiece for the midnight showing of Desolation of Smaug. It's a vine crown with custom black butterflies in the shape of Emperor butterflies, except with no markings at all. I suppose I'm cosplaying as the sky above Mirkwood? But since that's one of my favorite moments in the book and very special to me personally, that was what I wanted to do. I've got a few extra black butterflies to pin elsewhere in my hair to finish the look. I'll experiment when it comes closer to time and post pictures of what I come up with.

PrincessIdril
July 20th, 2013, 05:13 PM
It is entirely possible I splurged on a custom-made headpiece for the midnight showing of Desolation of Smaug. It's a vine crown with custom black butterflies in the shape of Emperor butterflies, except with no markings at all. I suppose I'm cosplaying as the sky above Mirkwood? But since that's one of my favorite moments in the book and very special to me personally, that was what I wanted to do. I've got a few extra black butterflies to pin elsewhere in my hair to finish the look. I'll experiment when it comes closer to time and post pictures of what I come up with.

That sounds amazing. Can't wait to see pics

scorpio17910
July 26th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Kaya, those beads and your hair are fantastic! I was actually looking for something that could pass for Dwarven beads recently, and this shop is posted! These will DEFINITELY be a treat to myself. :)

Go everyone that's brought little ones into the fandom! I have no siblings, but I have turned a few little ones that I often see into little Tolkien lovers. They're going to cosplay with me when we all go to see DoS! One's going as a hobbit and the other (I hope) is going as an elf -- she hasn't really decided yet.

Tori Angeli, I second the call for pictures. Sounds beautiful!

Kaya
August 9th, 2013, 04:55 PM
125 days to go!!! :eyebrows: Has anyone seen this latest still from the movie?

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-fhn2Se-MY_8/UgLZ1RutNAI/AAAAAAAAEbw/9YzBDnwsW4A/w810-h540-no/Desolation-of-Smaug.jpg

How long do you reckon Tauriel's hair is?! I think my eyes just about popped out of my head when I saw how long it is. It's gotta be at least classic. (I'm pretty sure that's her hair and not some article of clothing.) I had no idea her hair would be so long...:inlove:

Oh and for those who are looking at the dwarven beads and not sure if the shop owner will ship internationally, I'm pretty sure she will. There is a separate thread in the Conventional Products and Hair Accessories forum, and Tails posted there that she was able to place a custom order to be shipped to Sweden. :)

CaranDulin
August 9th, 2013, 04:59 PM
125 days to go!!! :eyebrows: Has anyone seen this latest still from the movie?

How long do you reckon Tauriel's hair is?! I think my eyes just about popped out of my head when I saw how long it is. It's gotta be at least classic. (I'm pretty sure that's her hair and not some article of clothing.) I had no idea her hair would be so long...:inlove:

Oh and for those who are looking at the dwarven beads and not sure if the shop owner will ship internationally, I'm pretty sure she will. There is a separate thread in the Conventional Products and Hair Accessories forum, and Tails posted there that she was able to place a custom order to be shipped to Sweden. :)

Wow! No, I haven't seen that...Looks more like knee length! :thud: I've been eyeing those beads too, though, they're beautiful.

piffyanne
August 10th, 2013, 01:19 AM
You know you're an LHCer when you're judging whether your hair will be longer than the people in the next Hobbit movie.

I sure am, and I think it will! :woohoo:

Kaya
August 23rd, 2013, 02:30 PM
Random thread bump! Cause we all need a little Middle Earth in our lives! :o

long-hair-lover
August 23rd, 2013, 02:37 PM
Random thread bump! Cause we all need a little Middle Earth in our lives! :o

Woohoo!
Recently did a LOTR marathon....was missing my Aragorn far too much:o

Kaya
August 23rd, 2013, 02:42 PM
Woohoo!
Recently did a LOTR marathon....was missing my Aragorn far too much:o

Nice! I would love to do a complete couch potato day and watch all the movies in a row, starting with the Hobbit and ending with ROTK. Epic-ness! (Not to mention I can sit there and practice with my dwarven beads! :D) Anyone making plans to get the special extended edition of the Hobbit when it comes out in November?

Vrindi
August 23rd, 2013, 03:50 PM
Nice! I would love to do a complete couch potato day and watch all the movies in a row, starting with the Hobbit and ending with ROTK. Epic-ness! (Not to mention I can sit there and practice with my dwarven beads! :D) Anyone making plans to get the special extended edition of the Hobbit when it comes out in November?

Yes. Big plans for an insane marathon— extended versions of LOTR and The Hobbit back to back, with breaks for meals. I might have to make it a 2-day thing to allow for at least some sleep.

grungy haze
August 23rd, 2013, 04:17 PM
Sigh, I wish I could do something with my actual hair. I make a pretty decent legolas, but a wig is required. :c

Kaya
August 23rd, 2013, 05:03 PM
Yes. Big plans for an insane marathon— extended versions of LOTR and The Hobbit back to back, with breaks for meals. I might have to make it a 2-day thing to allow for at least some sleep.

Eh, sleep's overrated! :lol: And kudos for specifying the extended editions of the LOTR. I flatly refuse to watch the theatrical versions anymore cause they leave out so much! If I happen to stumble across them on TV, I will watch a bit and then nitpick about the stuff that is supposed to be there.

scorpio17910
August 23rd, 2013, 11:27 PM
I can't wait until the extended edition of Hobbit comes out. I'll just have to call it a birthday-present-to-myself since it's in November! :D I WAS going to do that for the awesome beads, but I'll just have to find another [excuse] reason to buy them.

Ocelan
August 24th, 2013, 02:32 AM
I've been waiting for the extended edition of Hobbit too! I waited for the LotR ones too and I'm glad I did. All my friends just got the regular version as soon as it was in the shops and ended up either not having the extended version at all or buying both of them when they came around. For me it'll be like an early christmas present as before I always got the LotR ones for xmas. :)

Miasen
August 24th, 2013, 06:26 AM
I'm definitely going to buy the extended version as soon as it comes out. :D Also bought some fabric today, so I can get started on my dwarven dress I'm trying to make before the premiere of the next movie. :D

patienceneeded
August 24th, 2013, 10:08 AM
I'm also waiting for the extended version of The Hobbit. I have all 3 LOTR extended DVDs, must do the same for The Hobbit!

humble_knight
August 24th, 2013, 08:46 PM
"Most people think that Dwarf women are so similar in looks and appearance that they're often mistaken for Dwarf Men."......:D

http://i39.tinypic.com/21ls6jl.jpg

hypersensitive
August 25th, 2013, 12:20 AM
wow! she looks blinged out, almost like royalty! lmao she french braided back her facial hair!

Miasen
August 25th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Well, I certainly wouldn't have mistaken her for say, Gimli. ;) She's a stunner! Totally lovin the hair and bling

PrincessBob
August 25th, 2013, 11:29 AM
Speaking of Dwarven Women, I was thinking this thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=114553) might be of interest. I started a bearded woman project and it went better than I could have hoped. It is heavily Gimli inspired. Maybe it will help out some of you ladies planning special outfits.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1234981_10151815623114521_1610678402_n.jpg

humble_knight
September 2nd, 2013, 03:32 PM
I don't know if rap is anyone's cup of tea, but this was posted on a fb group I'm part of :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLX7rrObmyA

Loving his mane as well as his rap battle skills!

CaranDulin
September 2nd, 2013, 03:50 PM
I don't know if rap is anyone's cup of tea, but this was posted on a fb group I'm part of :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLX7rrObmyA

Loving his mane as well as his rap battle skills!

Haha, that was pretty awesome! Don't like rap, but...I did enjoy that very much. Thank you for sharing! :D

Jonathan S
September 2nd, 2013, 03:52 PM
I think I will just wear it loose, maybe in a braid. I like to think I look like Aragorn.

Kaya
September 30th, 2013, 06:02 PM
Thread bump!!!! 73 days to go until Desolation of Smaug hits theaters! :rockerdud :rockerdud

Not to mention: one day to go until the new trailer is released!!! :hollie: Tomorrow: 6AM PT, 9AM ET, 2PM for the UK. Can't wait!!

Anyone working on special hairstyles for the DOS premier? I'm thinking my Smaug shirt with my hair done up with dwarven beads, Fili-style.

And for your consideration: :eyebrows: (Finally started watching 'Pushing Daisies' and now I can appreciate those pie maker comments!)

http://www-images.theonering.org/torwp/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/bg_HGEYA.jpeg

Selchie
September 30th, 2013, 07:03 PM
(OMFG! Pushing Daisies! Thranduil is that guy and that guy is is... Thranduil! Oh myyy, I KNEEEW IT)

Oh, I so excited with Desolation of Smaug! I am already planning what to do with my hair, I think I'll do something simple like Arwen in this scene. <3 http://thelathianguild.pbworks.com/f/1291743844/Arwen_sc7.jpg

Miasen
October 1st, 2013, 01:12 PM
Anyone working on special hairstyles for the DOS premier? I'm thinking my Smaug shirt with my hair done up with dwarven beads, Fili-style.

I'm trying to come up with some dwarven lady hair style that I can actually make that looks sorta alright. I'm almost done making my dress, hopefully it'll be sorta dwarven looking when I'm done. :p

humble_knight
October 1st, 2013, 03:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mbOEknbi4gQ

Smaaaaaaaaaaug's voice! Wow-wow-wee-wah!!!!

humble_knight
October 1st, 2013, 03:50 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mbOEknbi4gQ

Smaaaaaaaaaaug's voice! Wow-wow-wee-wah!!!!

PrincessIdril
October 1st, 2013, 05:06 PM
I had a feeling this thread was going to be revived! lol So excited for this movie now (though the spiders are making me regret my decision to watch all the movies in 3d...). If I can get the hang of fancy braids I might just try and do Tauriel's hairstyle when I go see it.

jen5972
October 1st, 2013, 06:51 PM
I had a feeling this thread was going to be revived! lol So excited for this movie now (though the spiders are making me regret my decision to watch all the movies in 3d...). If I can get the hang of fancy braids I might just try and do Tauriel's hairstyle when I go see it.

I love that this thread came back, as I am watching all of the LOTR movies in a row right now, and my daughter is seeing them for the first time (she is finally old enough not to be scared). The new movie looks AMAZING!! Can't wait!!!

Kaya
October 1st, 2013, 07:21 PM

I will never let this thread die!!! :rockerdud :rockerdud I'm too much of a LOTR/Hobbit dork to let that happen! :thumbsup:

Ditto on the 3D spiders. Shelob was bad enough...shudder:

I love how they did Tauriel's hair, especially the front part. Though goodness knows if I'll ever be able to make it look decent, much less actually master it! :o So beautiful regardless!

http://heirsofdurin.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/tumblr_mp0apq4xs71rgyiu5o2_1280.jpg

Haybop
October 1st, 2013, 11:15 PM
Dear hair fairies - please let me wake up with ^^THAT^^ hair tomorrow morning (if that's too short notice I'm fine with that happening over the weekend ;D)

I kindly request pictures of people's hairstyles when going to see the new Hobbit, pretty please!!! :D

lillithnight
October 1st, 2013, 11:58 PM
I don't think I could ever do 3d spiders. Id probly refuse to put my glasses back on till they were well clear of the scene.

Haybop
October 2nd, 2013, 12:01 AM
I don't think I could ever do 3d spiders. Id probly refuse to put my glasses back on till they were well clear of the scene.

I'm gonna close my eyes and then just open one a little bit to keep up - any arachnid looks like it'll 3-D come at me then they'll be squeezed shut again ;) Glasses will remain on tho' :D

Bagginslover
October 2nd, 2013, 06:50 AM
I said this in the other thread, but I'll be cosplaying Tauriel in 6 weeks :D I've bought a calf length wig to wear, as my measley hip length is just not enough ;)

My prostethic ear tips arrived today, can't wait to get some glue to try them out!

Haybop
October 2nd, 2013, 07:11 AM
I didn't realise her hair was that long :O I've just looked at pics - yeah, undertsood now... I'm in love with the hair :)

Kaya
October 2nd, 2013, 08:03 AM
Yeah, Tauriel is giving me some serious hair envy! :roll: Heck, I think it's longer than Galadriel's.

http://heirsofdurin.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/desolation-of-smaug.jpg

Haybop
October 2nd, 2013, 08:04 AM
I'd just pulled myself away from drooling over that picture so the boss didn't get suspicous... now what do I do :O *makes grabby hands at hair*

BlondeWavyGal
October 2nd, 2013, 08:47 AM
I reckon I'll throw on my hip length extensions and go as a half assed Galadriel. I could maybe, MAYBE pull it off.

Ocelan
October 2nd, 2013, 01:43 PM
Ooh, new trailer! I'm going to enjoy it tomorrow in peace and with good time with some tea. It is more worth it like that. And ditto on not realising Tauriel has that long hair! I might have to change my TBL+ end length goal... hmm...

Skade
October 2nd, 2013, 02:03 PM
Yeah, Tauriel is giving me some serious hair envy! :roll: Heck, I think it's longer than Galadriel's.

Can´t stop looking. Have a major crush on Tauriels hair. :crush:

Kaya
October 2nd, 2013, 02:06 PM
Ooh, new trailer! I'm going to enjoy it tomorrow in peace and with good time with some tea. It is more worth it like that. And ditto on not realising Tauriel has that long hair! I might have to change my TBL+ end length goal... hmm...

Very nice plan! It's well worth getting all snug and comfy. The trailer is Awesome, with a capital 'A.' Trust me, you'll want to watch it more than once. :bounce:

And just a pleasant little reminder of the release date! :cool: (Leastwise, for the US.)

http://heirsofdurin.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/1244382_574424045926538_559328720_o.jpg

Skade
October 2nd, 2013, 02:13 PM
Found this tutorial for Tauriels hair style. I need to practice..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob3IF2dn4-I

jen5972
October 2nd, 2013, 03:11 PM

Oh my word, that picture is amazing! Her hair has to be one of the best LOTR hair so far. Wowsers!

Bambi
October 3rd, 2013, 08:37 AM
I'm soooooooooo excited!!!!

Kaya
October 3rd, 2013, 02:27 PM
Found this tutorial for Tauriels hair style. I need to practice..

Aww crud. I made the mistake of watching this tutorial. I have seen it before on LaDolly's channel before, but never took the time to check it out. Now I can't decide how I want to wear my hair! I'm itching to wear my dwarven beads, but also really want to try Tauriel's style. Oh the decisions! :ponder:

I'm soooooooooo excited!!!!

All hail the creator of this wonderful thread! Good to see you! :flower:

hypersensitive
October 3rd, 2013, 07:11 PM
Holy.. shoot! I never realized Tauriel's hair is THAT long! Maybe more people IRL (outside of this forum) will want that length now!

I'm so excited for the movie!! I decided not to watch in 3D IMAX this time -it causes too much of a headache, especially in the early morning hours. I need to think of some cool hairstyles to wear! Black hair sucks cause fishtails and accents don't really show up..mmm.. what to do... Ideas?

Haybop
October 3rd, 2013, 11:52 PM
Holy.. shoot! I never realized Tauriel's hair is THAT long! Maybe more people IRL (outside of this forum) will want that length now!

Ooh, now that would be interesting to see, how many people will be inspired to become Tauriel (or maybe the men will want to follow in Thorin's hair footsteps, which I will not complain about ;) ) Maybe keep an eye on new members numbers after the film's release :D

Bambi
October 4th, 2013, 01:27 AM

Thank you, nice to see that it's appreciated!:).

I might not wear my hair like this but it looks a little bit elven/dwarven ehehehe!
IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/15zoad1.jpg[/IMG]

Bambi
October 4th, 2013, 01:28 AM

Thank you, nice to see that it's appreciated!:).

I might not wear my hair like this but it looks a little bit elven/dwarven ehehehe!

http://i44.tinypic.com/in9xn5.jpg

Sorry about the huge pic and the source is obviously Instagram;).

Haybop
October 4th, 2013, 01:44 AM
Looks lovely from the front :D Definitely go for it ;)

I swear I have no clue what to do for my hair (I also have no Tolkien fans to come to see the film with me - booo!) maybe just a braid along the side or something, ugh who knows.

Kaya
October 4th, 2013, 09:39 AM

I'm so excited for the movie!! I decided not to watch in 3D IMAX this time -it causes too much of a headache, especially in the early morning hours. I need to think of some cool hairstyles to wear! Black hair sucks cause fishtails and accents don't really show up..mmm.. what to do... Ideas?

Looks lovely from the front :D Definitely go for it ;)

I swear I have no clue what to do for my hair (I also have no Tolkien fans to come to see the film with me - booo!) maybe just a braid along the side or something, ugh who knows.

I hear you about black hair hypersensitive. I found I get better braid definition when my hair is kinda greasy or oiled. Perhaps you could try a hair-friendly leave-in? I'd venture to say that perhaps it helps to give hair texture, which in turn might aid in making braids pop.
I posted this picture earlier in the thread. I did a very rough take on Fili's signature look, on one side of my head. My hair is fairly greasy and grimy, but you can see that the braids stand out fairly well.
Perhaps you could do something like this Haybop! It isn't too hard to do, but definitely pays homage to the Hobbit and the dwarves!

Kaya
October 4th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Stupid double post! :taz:

Vrindi
October 4th, 2013, 12:32 PM
I hear you about black hair hypersensitive. I found I get better braid definition when my hair is kinda greasy or oiled. Perhaps you could try a hair-friendly leave-in? I'd venture to say that perhaps it helps to give hair texture, which in turn might aid in making braids pop.
I posted this picture earlier in the thread. I did a very rough take on Fili's signature look, on one side of my head. My hair is fairly greasy and grimy, but you can see that the braids stand out fairly well.
Perhaps you could do something like this Haybop! It isn't too hard to do, but definitely pays homage to the Hobbit and the dwarves!

Those beads are great! Where did you find those? Do they snap around the hair or do you have to thread the braids through?

redtuss
October 4th, 2013, 12:53 PM
I am soooo psyched...
And oh, those dwarwen heads, I just LOVE Thorin's hot head o' hair! Dang it. Never thought they'd pull off dwarfs you wanna snatch up and run away with ;) *major dork, sorry*

Tauriel's hair is wonderful, looks like she hennaed it! :D It will be fun to see what they do with the character :)

(Meanwhile I am also eagerly anticipating "Thor, the Dark World" which will have lovely manly locks to get the hairticipation for the Hobbit going..)

Kaya
October 4th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Those beads are great! Where did you find those? Do they snap around the hair or do you have to thread the braids through?

I love my beads! :) You thread the braids through them. Here's the link to the etsy shop. The owner is quite lovely to deal with.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Dwarvendom

Hmm, makes me want to get some more...:D

I am soooo psyched...
And oh, those dwarwen heads, I just LOVE Thorin's hot head o' hair! Dang it. Never thought they'd pull off dwarfs you wanna snatch up and run away with ;) *major dork, sorry*

Tauriel's hair is wonderful, looks like she hennaed it! :D It will be fun to see what they do with the character :)

(Meanwhile I am also eagerly anticipating "Thor, the Dark World" which will have lovely manly locks to get the hairticipation for the Hobbit going..)

Welcome fellow LOTR/Hobbit dork! :flowers: You are in very good company. :thumbsup:
I totally agree with you about Thorin's hair! Whew! He is one good-lookin' dwarf, with that veritable lion's mane. :inlove:

PrincessIdril
October 4th, 2013, 02:33 PM
I had no idea most people didn't know how long Tauriel's hair was! I guess my action figure collection is useful after all! I really can't wait to see what Tauriel is like, though based on the clips on her in the trailers I'm already quite fond of her!

This does leave me with something of a dilemma though, I've been wanting an Arwen costume ever since Fellowship was released (I have never forgiven my grandmother for suddenly deciding that she wouldn't make me an Arwen dress for my prom) and now I want a Tauriel costume to. Which do I make first!?

Vrindi
October 4th, 2013, 05:00 PM
I love my beads! :) You thread the braids through them. Here's the link to the etsy shop. The owner is quite lovely to deal with.

Welcome fellow LOTR/Hobbit dork! :flowers: You are in very good company. :thumbsup:
I totally agree with you about Thorin's hair! Whew! He is one good-lookin' dwarf, with that veritable lion's mane. :inlove:

Thanks Kaya! And that sword behind you is epic. Sting?

Welcome Hobbit dorks! :D

lillithnight
October 4th, 2013, 06:16 PM
I love the beads Kaya! I'm adding them to my christmas/yule list. I need some.

Vrindi- Its ocrist in the picture. I'm thinking of getting one myself, at least a mini one for a hair toy.

Kaya
October 4th, 2013, 06:24 PM
I had no idea most people didn't know how long Tauriel's hair was! I guess my action figure collection is useful after all! I really can't wait to see what Tauriel is like, though based on the clips on her in the trailers I'm already quite fond of her!

This does leave me with something of a dilemma though, I've been wanting an Arwen costume ever since Fellowship was released (I have never forgiven my grandmother for suddenly deciding that she wouldn't make me an Arwen dress for my prom) and now I want a Tauriel costume to. Which do I make first!?

I'm afraid I can't offer any useful input whatsoever, since both Arwen and Tauriel are awesome and I would love to have either of their costumes! :o

Thanks Kaya! And that sword behind you is epic. Sting?

Welcome Hobbit dorks! :D

You're very welcome! :blossom: Nope, not Sting (though eventually I do want to get a full-sized replica). It's Orcrist, the High Elven sword Thorin claims from the troll hoard. My first sword, and not my last! I'm one of those LOTR/Hobbit dorks who has a vast array of books, magazine, swords, statues and assorted collectibles scattered all over my house! :D

jen5972
October 4th, 2013, 07:55 PM

[url]http://www.etsy.com/shop/Dwarvendom[/:

Kaya, thank you so much for the etsy link! I love the beads! I saved the link in my favorites for some great Christmas gift ideas :).

Bambi
October 5th, 2013, 11:49 AM
The beads are seriously gooooorgeous!!!!

redtuss
October 6th, 2013, 01:00 PM

Indeed :P I wouldn't mind joining that party!

Wildcat Diva
October 6th, 2013, 01:11 PM
I'm looking for an idea as an inscription/ inlay on a knife hilt (Elvish hairtoy). It needs to be short, kind of simple and easy to woodburn. Scrollwork, or some Elvish script. Maybe a battle cry? (I've been asked by the artist not to duplicate exactly the look of Legolas' knives. )

Any one able to help me out with an idea?

CaranDulin
October 6th, 2013, 03:50 PM
So excited for the movie! It's getting closer...

That trailer is amazing, thanks so much for posting it humble! Just can't wait!

PrincessIdril
October 6th, 2013, 04:19 PM
I'm looking for an idea as an inscription/ inlay on a knife hilt (Elvish hairtoy). It needs to be short, kind of simple and easy to woodburn. Scrollwork, or some Elvish script. Maybe a battle cry? (I've been asked by the artist not to duplicate exactly the look of Legolas' knives. )

Translate the artist's name in elvish and use that?

Kaya
October 6th, 2013, 07:13 PM

Hmmm. I don't know of any Elven battle cries, just the dwarven one! :D

Perhaps you could look to Elvish phrases or names for inspiration. Like a bit from Galadriel's dialogue from FOTR, or perhaps use Arwen's namesake, Evenstar. If there is a little bit of Legolas influence, maybe his Elvish name, Greenleaf?

Wildcat Diva
October 6th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Those are good ideas, thank you. I'm a little scared to translate to Elvish, I've read that its not like plugging the word into a translator, there are subtle variations. There was a website that had bad elvish tattoos which were basically nonsense to an educated eye. I don't want to be lame.

I might need to do some more research. I bet I can look in the library for some Tolkien texts to come up with something.

Olavi
October 8th, 2013, 01:03 AM
I am happy fan now. Last weekend there was convention named Fanfest and I bought so much stuff, including The One Ring replica and big mug with pictures of both The Ring and Sauron's eye. Perfect mug for work (library) :)

Miasen
October 13th, 2013, 02:59 AM
SCORE! Just got tickets to the movie opening night. :D So excited! So 6 pm on December tenth I'll be in costume, squealing away out of sheer joy. :D There was only like 10 seats left out of 1000 when I ordered, so I'm stoked I got my hands on three of them. Most of the other tickets went to those who have been standing in line outside the movie theatre for the last week.

Do people do that in other countries as well? Lie in tents outside the theatre, to be first in line for the tickets? It's been a thing around here for movies like LOTR, and I think maybe Harry Potter as well.

Bambi
October 13th, 2013, 04:59 AM
SCORE! Just got tickets to the movie opening night. :D So excited! So 6 pm on December tenth I'll be in costume, squealing away out of sheer joy. :D There was only like 10 seats left out of 1000 when I ordered, so I'm stoked I got my hands on three of them. Most of the other tickets went to those who have been standing in line outside the movie theatre for the last week.

Do people do that in other countries as well? Lie in tents outside the theatre, to be first in line for the tickets? It's been a thing around here for movies like LOTR, and I think maybe Harry Potter as well.

Congratulations!!!!!!!!

Well in Sweden it's common to do that aswell, I can see that you are in Norway so it's more or less the same;) Hehehehe..

Ocelan
October 13th, 2013, 05:40 AM
I think in the larger cities in Finland people do camp out for major films, but usually the very early birds come the night before and the rest early in the morning or just in time for the ticket booth to open. I've not been to the premieres for LotRs or Hobbit and I don't know at which point I'm going to see the new Hobbit film now as my friends probably will see it in another city and I don't have anyone to go with in this city. I've only once "camped out" for a movie which was the latest Star Wars film. I think the ticket sale began at 9AM and I went there at about 6AM at which point there was maybe 10-20 people in front of me and this was in one of those bigger cities.

I wish I had someone to go with though and I wish they were likeminded so that they would dress up. I think I'll only wear something hobbit or elven inspired instead of a proper costume as I don't want to be the only one dressed up, especially if I don't get to the premiere.

Miasen
October 13th, 2013, 06:22 AM
I live in the largest city in Norway, but it's still not a very big city. The first people in line came last Friday, so they camped outside the movie theatre for well over a week! Apparently it's become a thing, they make a camp fire (on the sidewalk, in the middle of the city. :p) work on costumes and just hang out. I'm not to keen on sleeping in a tent on the sidewalk in the middle of October though, so I crossed my fingers and waited for the online sale to start up. (They put any tickets left after people in line have bought their tickets online)

Kaya
October 13th, 2013, 11:01 AM
People camp out for movies in the US too. Though I've never gotten the nerve to do it myself. I am obsessed with anything and everything Tolkien, but I cannot bring myself to camp out for a movie premier. I just don't like large crowds in movie theaters. I can handle crowds better with DH by my side, but alone, it's incredibly nerve-wracking. I prefer to go during the week, when there are far fewer people; a few times, there were only two or three other people in there with me when seeing AUJ. Heaven! So, with DOS coming out on a Friday, I will be going to see it first showing possible on Monday. :)

Bagginslover
October 14th, 2013, 04:32 AM
People here camp out to stand alongside the red carpet, but I've never heard of anyone doing it to buy tickets, perhaps thats not something that is available here, or its all done online. We aren't allowed tents for overnight queuing here, so people literally sleep on the street. One of the premieres my friends went to (the final Twilight film), they were put in a little pen with security guards to keep them safe, and they still received abuse from passers-by, and had drinks thrown over them! London at night can be a nasty place :(

Vrindi
October 14th, 2013, 12:47 PM

Thanks for the link! I can't wait to get some. They are truly awesome!

Kaya
October 21st, 2013, 04:01 PM
Thread bump!!!! Woohoo!!! :hollie::hollie::hollie:

52 days and counting. Let's mark the day by further oogling Tauriel's lovely long locks, as done to perfection in her new 1/6 scale statue by Weta. It was officially unveiled today. (I will be getting this at some point before the movie comes out! She's spectacular.:inlove:)

http://www.wetanz.com/assets/Uploads/hobbitdostaurieldlrg2.jpg

http://www.wetanz.com/assets/Uploads/hobbitdostaurielclrg2.jpg

For those who want to further investigate this amazing piece of art can go to Weta's site. But beware, there are many beauties available. It's easy to get sucked in and then bemoan the fact that while lovely, can be very pricey. Peruse at your own risk! ;) Take it from me though, should you decide to get something, you won't regret it. I own quite a few Weta pieces and they are outstanding.

http://www.wetanz.com/shop/

loveisdivine
October 22nd, 2013, 05:08 AM
I saw this and thought of this thread. Apologies if already posted.

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o369/loveisdivine_photos/meme_zps86243826.png (http://s341.photobucket.com/user/loveisdivine_photos/media/meme_zps86243826.png.html)

PrincessIdril
October 22nd, 2013, 08:04 AM
Oh wow that Tauriel statue is beyond amazing. I wish I had the space for something like that (and the money!) Why are all my favourite fandoms releasing cool stuff now?! What with the Dr Who 50th Anniversary, the Sailor Moon 20th Anniversary (and the reboot) and Tolkien related stuff... gah!

Vrindi
October 22nd, 2013, 11:33 AM
Oh wow that Tauriel statue is beyond amazing. I wish I had the space for something like that (and the money!) Why are all my favourite fandoms releasing cool stuff now?! What with the Dr Who 50th Anniversary, the Sailor Moon 20th Anniversary (and the reboot) and Tolkien related stuff... gah!

Wait...there's a Sailor Moon reboot?

When we build our castle (at least outside of our imaginations, it's already fully furnished in our heads) there will be a mage tower/library with all the Tolkien stuff. Tauriel will be in there too now!

PixieKitten
October 22nd, 2013, 12:09 PM
I think I'll definately be re-creating Tauriel's hair when we go to see the new Hobbit film! Can't wait!

SwordWomanRiona
October 22nd, 2013, 03:46 PM
That Tauriel statue is amazing!! I'm learning her hairstyle for The Desolation of Smaug opening :) I'm still planning my Tauriel cosplay (for the last movie's opening, I suppose), but I'll be going as an Elven ranger (and my mum got herself a lovely Bilbo cosplay, too :) ).

Sharysa
October 22nd, 2013, 09:21 PM

We do that in America, too. You have nothing to worry about, so congratulations for getting tickets!

Also, THE TAURIEL STATUE. Combination lace braids that join into two normal braids? Sweet lord, I want to try that!

PrincessIdril
October 23rd, 2013, 06:31 AM
Wait...there's a Sailor Moon reboot?

When we build our castle (at least outside of our imaginations, it's already fully furnished in our heads) there will be a mage tower/library with all the Tolkien stuff. Tauriel will be in there too now!

Yep, I think the reboot is part of the 20th Anniversary celebrations (well it was announced during them). So far there has been a new stage musical (doesn't quite have the cheesy magic of the originals but the costumes are loads better) and there is going to be a new series of the anime starting next year (it was meant to start this summer but got pushed back). Current release date is the nicely vague "January 2014"

Zindell
October 26th, 2013, 01:10 AM
At 0:30; Richard Armitage: "I miss the flowing locks!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYoKDMdz2wc) :crush:

alishaxmarie
October 27th, 2013, 11:18 PM
That Tauriel statue is amazing!! I'm learning her hairstyle for The Desolation of Smaug opening :) I'm still planning my Tauriel cosplay (for the last movie's opening, I suppose), but I'll be going as an Elven ranger (and my mum got herself a lovely Bilbo cosplay, too :) ).

I also plan to learn Tauriel's hairstyle for DoS and just because I like all of the elves' hairstyles, they're so simple and elegant :) Thought I'd post an image I found the other day that really gave me the inspiration to choose Tauriel's hair:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/c4/67/66/c46766b26f72e513f6cc31b6415ed024.jpg

Haybop
October 28th, 2013, 12:57 AM
:agape:

Want want want want want!!

That person has done it really well, I want it!

Bambi
October 28th, 2013, 05:34 AM
Wooooow thanks for posting!

On a side note, as my hair keeps getting longer the more I feel like an elf...:D:D:D.

Long_hair_bear
October 28th, 2013, 12:12 PM
Anyone else have any Tolkien inspired hair sticks? I have like 4!

Miasen
October 28th, 2013, 02:19 PM
There's a LOTR marathon this weekend, so I finally got around to finishing my dwarf woman costume yesterday. It needs a little something something to look more dwarf like, I'm tempting to just toss on a fake beard to really show what it's supposed to be. :P Also, keep in mind, it's all made by a complete amateur, so nothing spectacular! ;)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7235&d=1382991155

lillithnight
October 28th, 2013, 02:59 PM
I love your costume. I'm still planning mine, most likely a dwarf female or elven rannger. I may even go as a hobbit lass.

Kaya
October 28th, 2013, 03:31 PM
I also plan to learn Tauriel's hairstyle for DoS and just because I like all of the elves' hairstyles, they're so simple and elegant :) Thought I'd post an image I found the other day that really gave me the inspiration to choose Tauriel's hair:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/originals/c4/67/66/c46766b26f72e513f6cc31b6415ed024.jpg

That's LaDollyVita33! :) She's awesome and her tutorial is really easy to follow.

Anyone else have any Tolkien inspired hair sticks? I have like 4!

I'm afraid all of my Tolkien-inspired sticks are actually swords, with one exception! I have Orcrist, Sting, Legolas's White Knives and Strider's Elven dagger. The exception is my custom Shadowfax/Rohan hair fork from GTS. I've been hankering after set of NightBlooming's stunning Simbelmyne hair pins along with the matching hair stick. So gorgeous! :inlove: I will eventually get them.

alishaxmarie
October 28th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Where do you guys get your LotR inspired hair sticks? I absoutely must have AT LEAST one!

Long_hair_bear
October 28th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Where do you guys get your LotR inspired hair sticks? I absoutely must have AT LEAST one!

Mainly nightblooming on etsy, but a few other places too..... I'll post pics tomorrow. :)

neko_kawaii
October 28th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Not a stick, but I made a fork that is LOTR inspired.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1174&d=1357085738

Long_hair_bear
October 29th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Ok, here we go!

Arwen Evenstar stick:
http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u456/becky_bear_is_cute/dd2f5f9906166f184948b43c70d98848.jpg

One Ring stick:
http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u456/becky_bear_is_cute/a6350b54a04fff62e6529bdcc0fbb2ca.jpg

Phial of Galadriel stick:
http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u456/becky_bear_is_cute/dc45fb7dd824e027f83639734aea7e1d.jpg

Galadriel fork, side 1:
http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u456/becky_bear_is_cute/75b38dd83ad708dce364a7e8ff1e3019.jpg

Galadriel fork, side 2:
http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u456/becky_bear_is_cute/e6a47053de7b3a4a48cc05dc1deb89b8.jpg

I'm the world's biggest Tolkien nerd.... Name it, and I pry have it in Tolkien, from small things like shirts and blankets, to bigger things like tattoos. :) :eyebrows: :rockerdud:

Actually, my reason for growing out my hair is to be more elf like :lol:

Kaya
October 29th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Mainly nightblooming on etsy, but a few other places too..... I'll post pics tomorrow. :)

Can't wait to see your lovelies!!! :o

Not a stick, but I made a fork that is LOTR inspired.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1174&d=1357085738

Oooo! It's beautiful! :) I get a very Woodland Elf feel from it.

Here's my collection of LOTR/Hobbit goodies.

This was a 'cram all my swords in my hair at once' experiment. With the exception of the really long Narnia sword, all of them are LOTR-related.

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t548/tanookitail/Hair%20Toys/DSC_0426_zpse00b1ff8.jpg

My custom Rohan horse fork from GTS. I call him Shadowfax. :D

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t548/tanookitail/Hair%20Toys/DSC_0020_zps1ad1cd55.jpg

Long_hair_bear
October 29th, 2013, 12:27 PM
[QUOTE=Kaya;2551540]Can't wait to see your lovelies!!

Um, Kaya..... /points upwards :)

Bambi
October 29th, 2013, 01:11 PM
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I neeeeeeeed a sword like that!!!! Where did you get them?

Kaya
October 29th, 2013, 01:25 PM
[QUOTE=Kaya;2551540]Can't wait to see your lovelies!!

Um, Kaya..... /points upwards :)

:doh: I think I was still working on my post when you posted your pictures. Whoops! :o

Adore your Evenstar stick! Every time NightBlooming puts one of them up, I have to exercise extreme self-control to not snatch it up then and there.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I neeeeeeeed a sword like that!!!! Where did you get them?

Legolas's White Knives and Strider's Elven dagger are both from United Cutlery and are hard to come by these days. They were part of a miniature sword line that was released during the initial LOTR movie era.

Orcrist came from the Noble Collection and I can highly recommend them for hair swords! :D They make quite a few LOTR/Hobbit sword letter openers and they are perfect cause they're not sharp, so no hair worries. They tend to be pretty long (between 8-9 inches, possibly longer) so beware if you don't like big, look-at-me pieces. (Though Sting is probably comparatively short.)

3 Sword Set from the Hobbit: Sting, Glamdring, and Orcrist
http://www.noblecollection.com/index.cfm?fa=products.product&id=NN1210&catid=91

Théoden's Sword, Herugrim.
http://www.noblecollection.com/index.cfm?fa=products.product&id=NN9248&catid=17

Narsil
http://www.noblecollection.com/index.cfm?fa=products.product&id=NN6552&catid=17

Long_hair_bear
October 29th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Evenstar stick in action!

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u456/becky_bear_is_cute/cb4314980fbb7f431aa3b1392f9d877c.jpg

Haybop
October 30th, 2013, 01:13 AM
I am jealous of you lucky people yet thoroughly impressed at your goodies at the same time :D

redtuss
October 30th, 2013, 06:06 AM
I'm the world's biggest Tolkien nerd.... Name it, and I pry have it in Tolkien, from small things like shirts and blankets, to bigger things like tattoos. :) :eyebrows: :rockerdud:

Actually, my reason for growing out my hair is to be more elf like :lol:

This was a 'cram all my swords in my hair at once' experiment. With the exception of the really long Narnia sword, all of them are LOTR-related.
. :D

I LOOOOVE both of your hair sticks!! Daaaang! They are so beautiful!

Kaya, all your swords made me laugh so hard, that was so cool! :D

Long_hair_bear - I have a Tolkien-tattoo of my own! What kind do you have?
Mine is Fangorn - Treebeard :) I love him. The ents are my favourites of all the creatures in Middle-earth, they really speak to me. So I designed my own Treebeard (was not happy with the ones I could find online and as artwork) and got him on me arm blowing his horn!

I have plans to also tattoo the ents marching song around it and make it more of a half/full-sleeve, maybe with some mist, text, ents in the distance and branches; I want three roots entertwining to create an Yggdrasil-combo, Yggdrasil is a Fraxinus Excelsior and even if it is not specified in the books what type of tree Fangorn, I don't think anyone would mind me getting some ash-bark around him hehe..
Buuuut that will have to wait, I don't have either the inspiration or the extra money at the moment. :)

I would also like the door of Moria on my back!

Long_hair_bear
October 30th, 2013, 08:21 AM
I LOOOOVE both of your hair sticks!! Daaaang! They are so beautiful!

Kaya, all your swords made me laugh so hard, that was so cool! :D

Long_hair_bear - I have a Tolkien-tattoo of my own! What kind do you have?
Mine is Fangorn - Treebeard :) I love him. The ents are my favourites of all the creatures in Middle-earth, they really speak to me. So I designed my own Treebeard (was not happy with the ones I could find online and as artwork) and got him on me arm blowing his horn!

I have plans to also tattoo the ents marching song around it and make it more of a half/full-sleeve, maybe with some mist, text, ents in the distance and branches; I want three roots entertwining to create an Yggdrasil-combo, Yggdrasil is a Fraxinus Excelsior and even if it is not specified in the books what type of tree Fangorn, I don't think anyone would mind me getting some ash-bark around him hehe..
Buuuut that will have to wait, I don't have either the inspiration or the extra money at the moment. :)

I would also like the door of Moria on my back!

I have the ship that Galadriel leaves middle earth in on top of my foot then right above it going around my ankle I have "The sea calls us home." In elvish. I have another tattoo of myself as an elf sobbing on a cut down tree that evil men have fell. Around the picture, I have in elvish, "The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air."

Vrindi
November 4th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Here's my collection of LOTR/Hobbit goodies.

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t548/tanookitail/Hair%20Toys/DSC_0426_zpse00b1ff8.jpg

My custom Rohan horse fork from GTS. I call him Shadowfax. :D

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t548/tanookitail/Hair%20Toys/DSC_0020_zps1ad1cd55.jpg

WHAT?! That first picture is bad@$$!! I would not want to run into you in a dark ally! and that Rohan horse is beautiful!

redtuss
November 5th, 2013, 02:19 AM
I have the ship that Galadriel leaves middle earth in on top of my foot then right above it going around my ankle I have "The sea calls us home." In elvish. I have another tattoo of myself as an elf sobbing on a cut down tree that evil men have fell. Around the picture, I have in elvish, "The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air."

That sounds beautiful :)

The elves are darlings but a bit too ethereal to be my all-time favourites (but I loooooove em, get me right, I love every creature in Middle-earth, even the orchs!).
But I suppose that I have realised that I have a lot more in common with the hobbits and dwarves.. I love hobbits. I'm homey, I love to eat, I try to live in the moment and be positive about things and just be happy in my life. The dwarf in me loves gold and precious things I suppose ;)

Oh, and I live by the saying "A wizard is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to"!

Tattoos are fun, I need more... I would like something in elvish after all. Not sure what though.

humble_knight
November 5th, 2013, 02:12 PM
A lil treat for those eagerly awaiting Desolation of Smaug :

The song during the credits will be :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7Rtqat4Fd4

Bambi
November 7th, 2013, 09:57 AM
A lil treat for those eagerly awaiting Desolation of Smaug :

The song during the credits will be :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7Rtqat4Fd4

Thank you so much! A very nice song!
Dyed my hair back to dark brown( which I have naturally, so I can start over to get virgin hair) and I feel like an Noldor-elf:) ehehehe very pleased and sooooooo ready for DoS!!!

lillithnight
November 8th, 2013, 12:23 AM
Nice song! I'm still trying to figure out the right style for the premier next month. Any ideas that I could modify for kinky- curly hair?

Kaya
November 8th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Woohoo!!! It's a good time to be a Tolkien nerd!!!! :hollie: :hollie: :hollie:

Got my EE of AUJ and it's awesome! I still need to watch the 9 hours of extras and I can't wait!

I got two statues on their way to me as well. :joy: Next week is going to be epic!

And a special treat just for us LHCers. :thud:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/dcabf69da4220f60fd80756bbe967578/tumblr_mvwtf3xQx21r5e5f8o1_500.png

PrincessIdril
November 8th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Eh, not so hot on the song myself but then again I don't like the song at the end of TT much either. However that is a gorgeous picture of Tauriel.

Annoyingly the EE isn't released in the UK until Monday but since Monday is my birthday that works out quite well! I'm having a Hobbit day (second breakfast will feature! lol) and working my way through those discs. I've spend all afternoon baking the cake (sadly it's not Tolkien themed, I've gone with Tinkerbell for this), oatcakes (seemed like a good Hobbit food) and the trusty lembas.

vanillabones
November 8th, 2013, 02:15 PM
I cannn'tttt wait to see the movie in December with my DBF! I have 'elvish' hair but I don't know how to fishtail braid otherwise I'd love to have some Legolas hair going on. I would love a sword hair toy (preferably Sting) but I don't have enough hair and my hair is so light :( oh well. I don't get dressed up for the movies anyway but there's some nice ideas for dress up, Halloween, or just every day fun.

Ocelan
November 8th, 2013, 02:33 PM
I also find the song a bit... boring... or well, it doesn't have a "catch" like the other songs have had. Also I find it a bit too earthly, not middle-earthly, if you catch my drift. The other songs have sounded like someone from middle earth would have sung and played them, but this to me sounds like it was written and played by an ordinary human in studio with an ordinary guitar. I won't mind that it's there, but I'd have personally chosen otherwise. Only some of the lyrics sound like they could be from the Hobbit.

I also can't wait for the extended version, but I think I'll either have to wait until christmas (I got all the LotR extendeds as xmas present) or then if I won't be getting any presents I will buy it myself. I don't even know when it's coming out here since I've been so focus on waiting for the next movie. :o I still don't know where I'm going to see that and whether I'm going alone or not.

curiouslight
November 9th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Darn, I wish I had long hair already so I could do something nice with it in December! Hopefully by the time the last one comes out it'll have some length to it. If it's still not long enough by then, I always have the local annual "Tolkien Birthday Bash" where they play all three LotR movies. It's something. :) Now to figure out how the heck to do fishtail braids... or any elaborate hairstyle, for that matter...

Bambi
November 10th, 2013, 03:45 AM
Thought that I'll post this here, my elvish twig ring from RedSofa at etsy:

http://i40.tinypic.com/30krkeu.jpg

I absolutely love it, superb quality and all:).

ShieldMayden
November 10th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Bambi that ring is BEAUTIFUL!!!

I dressed up as Arwen last year, even though my hair was still not as long but I figured whatever, you live only once.

Granted this year I may have to throw together a female Ranger or something because these shaggy choppy layers I have in now have me feeling like a female Strider if I let it air dry right before I brush it out. So I'll hopefully be putting something together and I'm pretty excited! :) And yeah, I should put up a pic of me with my hair like that.

lillithnight
November 11th, 2013, 03:28 AM
I would love a female ranger outfit. My weird brain would dictate a everyday version for non costume events though. But that's neither here nor there since it does that with xena and other things I like to.

Bambi
November 11th, 2013, 03:40 AM
Bambi that ring is BEAUTIFUL!!!

I dressed up as Arwen last year, even though my hair was still not as long but I figured whatever, you live only once.

Granted this year I may have to throw together a female Ranger or something because these shaggy choppy layers I have in now have me feeling like a female Strider if I let it air dry right before I brush it out. So I'll hopefully be putting something together and I'm pretty excited! :) And yeah, I should put up a pic of me with my hair like that.

Thank you! You just must go for it and post pictures! :).

So me and my hillarious friend noticed that I've got somewhat the same facial bonestructure as Legolas, and now we can't stop laughing!
I'm darker though;).

http://i43.tinypic.com/2mg7fo4.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/24688k6.jpg

Bagginslover
November 11th, 2013, 04:43 AM
My Tauriel costume is SOOOOOOOO close to being finished! Good job too as I need it for this weekend! Photos shall be shared! ;)

Bambi
November 11th, 2013, 04:56 AM
My Tauriel costume is SOOOOOOOO close to being finished! Good job too as I need it for this weekend! Photos shall be shared! ;)

Awesome! Looking forward to it!

ShieldMayden
November 11th, 2013, 07:28 AM
I would love a female ranger outfit. My weird brain would dictate a everyday version for non costume events though. But that's neither here nor there since it does that with xena and other things I like to.
My weird brain does stuff like that too, I do tend to buy regular clothes because they remind me of fictional characters. It's all too much fun. :) Of course, I have days when I'm equally inspired by Frodo Baggins and Lisbeth Salander (from "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo"), which can lead to a pretty wacky style sometimes. :P But yeah, one month till it's released, need to start cranking on this particular project.

Thank you! You just must go for it and post pictures! :).

So me and my hillarious friend noticed that I've got somewhat the same facial bonestructure as Legolas, and now we can't stop laughing!
I'm darker though;).

http://i43.tinypic.com/2mg7fo4.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/24688k6.jpg
WOAH... you totally DO have the same facial bone structure - that's pretty wicked!!!
I'm washing my hair tonight so hoping I don't want to go to sleep before it's dry... I'll take a few bathroom selfies and post them up. Strider hair ftw!

Sounds exciting, can't wait to see pics! :)

Miasen
November 11th, 2013, 12:00 PM

Oh, I'm looking forward to the pictures! :D

lillithnight
November 12th, 2013, 03:55 AM
I can't wait to see it! I'm sure it will be awesome.

Bagginslover
November 12th, 2013, 04:48 AM
OOh! So manty people excited to see, this makes me happy, thank you! :D
I finished my bow last night, just my quiver to make now, and the closure on the front of my green waistcoat-thing.

Nebulae
November 12th, 2013, 06:25 AM
Oh I want to see it too! :D

I'm thinking I will do some sort of Tauriel-hint when going to see the movie.. Since I'm a henna-head anyway why not. ;) I have to practice her hairstyle, but if I get it right I will probably do that and wear a long green cardigan. Let's call it an everyday-Tauriel? Haha :D Something simple but still geeky!

Ocelan
November 12th, 2013, 07:46 AM
Oh I want to see it too! :D

I'm thinking I will do some sort of Tauriel-hint when going to see the movie.. Since I'm a henna-head anyway why not. ;) I have to practice her hairstyle, but if I get it right I will probably do that and wear a long green cardigan. Let's call it an everyday-Tauriel? Haha :D Something simple but still geeky!

I'm probably doing the same or similar and I did it last year too. I'm not a henna head though. I will probably wear my long jacket with elven sleeves and the tree of Gondor on the back, if it's cold enough. :)

Jolly-Good-Show
November 13th, 2013, 05:47 AM
Great movies :D & and hair growth inspiration ..kinda ironic that they're all wigs haha.. but hey, it's totally do-able ! ^_^

Long_hair_bear
November 13th, 2013, 07:57 AM
I won't do Tauriel since she's not in the book, and I'm a stickler for the book. I have no problem at all with other people as Tauriel, but as for me, I'll stick to the book. I've read the Hobbit over 10 times now and could pry quote the whole thing to you. Its my favorite book ever written!

Anyone else see the Hobbit super tickets coming out?!

I'm going to the movie dressed as a Rivendell elf from Lord Elrond's people. :)

Bagginslover
November 13th, 2013, 08:33 AM
I'm a book purist too, but I also accept that expansion of the original material is sometimes needed, and when that happens, it should be in keeping with canon, which Tauriel (and Legolas!) is. Elves at Helms Deep and the subsequent loss of poor Haldir (who I'll meet on Sunday!!), big fat NOPE! Extra named elves in Hobbit, where only one was named orignally, fine by me.

Long_hair_bear
November 13th, 2013, 09:42 AM
I'm a book purist too, but I also accept that expansion of the original material is sometimes needed, and when that happens, it should be in keeping with canon, which Tauriel (and Legolas!) is. Elves at Helms Deep and the subsequent loss of poor Haldir (who I'll meet on Sunday!!), big fat NOPE! Extra named elves in Hobbit, where only one was named orignally, fine by me.

I'm talking named specific added characters that are not in the book or necessary. Legolas was most likely in Mirkwood at the time, being the son of the king. But Tauriel was completely made up out of the blue by the movie people to be Legolas's love interest (watch the newest production video if you don't believe me!) The elves in Rivendell were also in the book. And the new named orc, don't even get me started there.....

The death of Haldir just pissed me off!

Like I said, I'm fine with other people dressing up as or liking Tauriel, but I myself won't be doing the same. :)

Vrindi
November 13th, 2013, 10:10 AM
I am a huge fan of Tolkien. I'm a bigger fan of myths and folklore, and the reason I am is because it is always relevant. No matter how old, you can put yourself in that story and live it, and by so doing, understand yourself better. What Tolkien did was build an entire world influenced by the myths and folklore he studied. It isn't just a story, he created a world. It's not a closed system, so it begs for people to inhabit it and influence it. I have no problem with additional characters, so long as they fit the world, or other interpretations of the stories as long as they still fit the world. Whether or not it was in the book doesn't mean it "didn't happen" somewhere in that reality, even if Tolkien himself didn't write it. I can't speak for Tolkien, but I feel like he would be really interested— and in many cases, delighted— with the way Middle Earth has inspired people to add to it and want to put themselves in that world in some way. Just look at the Elvish language he created; he set up grammar and exceptions to that grammar and a vocabulary. People are always expanding the language and adding vocabulary, but following the grammar or exceptions so that it's evolving, but it's still Elvish. Myths evolve just like languages, and that's not a bad thing. It doesn't "taint" the original. The purpose of myths is to be inhabited and influenced. And with Tolkien, we still have the original books to see where we started. :)

Treble Bolt
November 14th, 2013, 09:26 AM
Okay, whoever you are Bambi, putting up a thread about LOTR with your screen name just makes me want to be friends with you :D....I love Bambi (and deer in general), and I actually got to know my husband better (when we were friends) in college class all about Tolkein and C.S. Lewis....I am die hard fan LOTR!

That all said, I went to see the The Hobbit....I was very disappointed (I acutally re-read the Hobbit book the day before we went)....I don't want to spoil anything....but there are *cough* character(s) that were never a part of the book that were added to create more action/fan service/what have you.....The special effects were actually pretty poor in some areas, considering this movie has been made long after LOTR trilogy....Otherwise, for fans of the movies who have never read the books, it's entertaining as a movie....but I am not impressed. Now that doesn't mean I am not excited for Part 2 coming out next month >insert Squee here<

hypersensitive
November 14th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Vrindi, which characters were for fan service?

I enjoyed the Hobbit but immediately after the movie ended, I brought out my book and compared all the scenes. I don't think I should do that this time and I should just enjoy the movie without being nitpicky about characters and plot. Of course, I'll pay attention to the hairstyles!

My SO asked me about beads for the beard braids and I told him about this thread hehe!

Bagginslover
November 15th, 2013, 04:13 AM
I'm talking named specific added characters that are not in the book or necessary. Legolas was most likely in Mirkwood at the time, being the son of the king. But Tauriel was completely made up out of the blue by the movie people to be Legolas's love interest (watch the newest production video if you don't believe me!) The elves in Rivendell were also in the book. And the new named orc, don't even get me started there.....

The death of Haldir just pissed me off!

Like I said, I'm fine with other people dressing up as or liking Tauriel, but I myself won't be doing the same. :)

She was, and I agree that she's not neccisary, and the 'love' plot line is totally not needed, but her charachter as an individual is in keeping with Tolkiens established canon. If it weren't, I'd be dead against her being in it (I'm still not 100% decided which side of the fence I'm if I'm honest), but as a kick-butt elf captain, I'm going to cosplay the crap out of her ;)
Heres a preview of my costume-no elf ears or proper hair styling, this was just a final try on before calling it finished ;)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7566&d=1384513916

Nebulae
November 15th, 2013, 04:55 AM
Woah, that costume is amazing! :thud:

Really good job, Bagginslover!

SwordWomanRiona
November 15th, 2013, 05:19 AM
She was, and I agree that she's not neccisary, and the 'love' plot line is totally not needed, but her charachter as an individual is in keeping with Tolkiens established canon. If it weren't, I'd be dead against her being in it (I'm still not 100% decided which side of the fence I'm if I'm honest), but as a kick-butt elf captain, I'm going to cosplay the crap out of her ;)
Heres a preview of my costume-no elf ears or proper hair styling, this was just a final try on before calling it finished ;)
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7566&d=1384513916

I agree, although it's true that Tauriel isn't in the book, her character (an Elven warrior-woman) is coherent with Tolkien's universe, and that's what really counts for me (plus I'm a warrior-women enthusiast, so in that aspect who cares about what's canon :D But it is canon, too). I don't appreciate the fact that a female character must always be someone's love interest to make her more "interesting", but apart from that, I love her, and I think it's going to be a great addition (so long as they don't exaggerate the love interest aspect. Why can't they stick to her being a bad*ss female captain, why isn't that interesting enough??). And judging by the production videos, there's going to be more warrior-women among the Silvan Mirkwood Elves, too!

Your cosplay looks great! I'm also planning a Tauriel cosplay, but it'll be for There And Back Again. I'll be going as my Spanish Tolkien Society character for this film, a Noldorin Elven ranger from Rivendell :)

PrincessIdril
November 15th, 2013, 06:18 AM
Given that months ago PJ made a point of saying she wasn't a love interest I'm going to wait until the movie actually comes out before dismissing her as a love interest or not. IMO the vlog/trailer doesn't make it clear, and recent interviews with Orlando certainly suggest he sees the characters as very close friends rather than lovers.

Bagginslover
November 15th, 2013, 07:27 AM
I took it from the trailers/TV spots etc, that Leggy was interested in her, but she wasn't interested, and Thrandy told her to make it clear to him, and that he didn't approve. We'll all see soon ;)
I totally agree that female characters should be allowed to be just themselves, without having to be attached in some way to one of the males.I do love that she's a strong female, something that was lacking for most of the LOTR trilogy (staying true to the books of course).

SwordWomanRiona
November 15th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Given that months ago PJ made a point of saying she wasn't a love interest I'm going to wait until the movie actually comes out before dismissing her as a love interest or not. IMO the vlog/trailer doesn't make it clear, and recent interviews with Orlando certainly suggest he sees the characters as very close friends rather than lovers.

It is very probable that she'll be having something with Kíli, though. And the last videoblog made the LegolasxTauriel thing more probable, too, even if PJ said that there wasn't going to be any romance between them. I really hope there's not a triangle coming :/
Not that romance isn't cool when it's well done, but it bugs me when they feel that a female character must always be romantically involved with someone!

SwordWomanRiona
November 15th, 2013, 07:38 AM
I totally agree that female characters should be allowed to be just themselves, without having to be attached in some way to one of the males.I do love that she's a strong female, something that was lacking for most of the LOTR trilogy (staying true to the books of course).

Yes, I agree, we need more strong female characters in the media! To Tolkien's credit, he does have a fair number of warrior-women in his universe (I gave a lecture about it at a Tolkien convention a fortnight ago :) ), but there aren't many who are named or who have a big role, at least in LOTR.

angstroms
November 15th, 2013, 08:44 AM
I worry that there is a point at which writing a "strong female character" becomes an issue not only with tokenism, but tends to create a 2D character who exists solely to not be like "other girls." I like when female characters are allowed by writers to do more than one thing, honestly. Even if the "other thing" is a silly romance. Even if the character still falls flat it's nice to be given the impression that, as a woman, I don't have to be just one thing. I'm curious to see what the films do with Tauriel.
I suppose I haven't really been bothered by the fact that the Hobbit films are not like the book at all. Going in, I didn't expect them to be, and have really enjoyed the attempt to bring more lore/characters to the non-reader audience. Perhaps it will get more people interested in the wider body of Tolkien's work?
My only real complaint about the plot changes is the Thorin-centricity possibly pushing out Dain II.

gus
November 15th, 2013, 09:45 PM
anstroms, I totally agree. Plus, I... just love romance! I love watching characters fall for each other, and although the LOTR books and films are among my favorites, they are pretty lacking in the romance department - we get Aragorn and Arwen, and soooort of get Faramir and Eowyn. (And hey, the bromance between Legolas and Gimli is pretty epic, IMO!) So if Tauriel gets to have some romance with Kili or Legolas, I'll be a happy camper. I disagree that this weakens her character - after all, there's no worry about Kili or Legolas having to be attached to a woman! I think Tauriel will be a great, and MUCH-NEEDED, addition to the story.

gus
November 15th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Also Kaya, I totally caved and bought that AMAZING Noble collection for those awesome swords. My grandmother (who's also a long-haired lady) has had the biggest crush on Ian McKellan for something like twenty years now, so I can give her Glamdring, and my best friend's nickname is "Bilbo" so she'll obviously get Sting, which leaves me with the awesome Orcrist to wear in my hair every time I feel like I need to look badass - which you totally do!

Coffee Succubus
November 15th, 2013, 11:13 PM
I will probably be wearing my circlet I had custom made for my wedding/eloping shenanigans(06-14-2013). <3
DIE HARD Tolkien & LOTR fan right here.

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1011902_10151683516482264_1100352513_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/1008281_10200817939184229_2083375095_o.jpg

Crafted entirely in STERLING silver, fresh water pearls, swovarski crystals and lab created Sapphires.

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=12b204e719&view=att&th=13f24a1a5ced1ab5&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P8exM8GK2LKMYL-eDFjby9l&sadet=1384581671143&sads=b_EqibwcJuzqTIQfTvtIx6YUoSY&sadssc=1
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=12b204e719&view=att&th=13f24a1a5ced1ab5&attid=0.2&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P8exM8GK2LKMYL-eDFjby9l&sadet=1384581702270&sads=oA9yUuiGsscfez6l5BcDJq3q3K0
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=12b204e719&view=att&th=13f24a1a5ced1ab5&attid=0.3&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P8exM8GK2LKMYL-eDFjby9l&sadet=1384581755714&sads=Pr54odKM0Tf-I3fmRnRx2xUmcUE

And the matching earrings(however, I wear these EVERYDAY).
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=12b204e719&view=att&th=13f24a1a5ced1ab5&attid=0.4&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P8exM8GK2LKMYL-eDFjby9l&sadet=1384581939740&sads=3RmqgjrVbfuEy7MfIFc2rtkuFPY

longhairedlady
November 16th, 2013, 01:45 AM
Love the circlet :)

lillithnight
November 16th, 2013, 01:50 AM
I have an idea for my outfit to see the movie, but my hair is driving me nuts. All the obviously elf, or hobit like styles don't work without some signifkgant stretching. I'm considering something dwarf inspired. There needs to be more kinky or really curlly hair friendly styles for tolkein lovers with those curl patterns. I'm going to be working on that I guess.

PrincessIdril
November 16th, 2013, 06:29 AM
Coffee Succubus that is a beautiful circlet (and bonus points for using the word shenanigans)

Gingi
November 16th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Coffee Succubus.....perhaps my most favorite name EVER, lol! Love the circlet!!!
One of my mini (but not so mini) hair goals is to have BSL hair in Dec 2014, when the last Hobbit movie comes out. I'll have to come back to this thread for ideas :)

SwordWomanRiona
November 17th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Coffe Succubus, that's a gorgeous circlet, wow!! You look beautiful :)

Vrindi
November 18th, 2013, 01:55 PM
Vrindi, which characters were for fan service?

Tauriel isn't in the books, but like others have said, she fits with Tolkien's Elves.

As for comparing movies and books, they're two totally different mediums. I write both stories and screenplays. Even when I convert a story I've written to a screenplay, it is NEVER the same. It can't be. The story might be the same, but it doesn't make sense on screen in the same way that it does on paper. So, enjoy the book and enjoy the movie, but don't be mad that they're not "the same." They are not and never will be, although they can be very close sometimes. Go ahead and be mad if the book or movie is just really, really bad though. If it misses the point or is trying to cover up bad writing in either instance. Bad writing is bad writing.

I worry that there is a point at which writing a "strong female character" becomes an issue not only with tokenism, but tends to create a 2D character who exists solely to not be like "other girls." I like when female characters are allowed by writers to do more than one thing, honestly. Even if the "other thing" is a silly romance. Even if the character still falls flat it's nice to be given the impression that, as a woman, I don't have to be just one thing. I'm curious to see what the films do with Tauriel.
I suppose I haven't really been bothered by the fact that the Hobbit films are not like the book at all. Going in, I didn't expect them to be, and have really enjoyed the attempt to bring more lore/characters to the non-reader audience. Perhaps it will get more people interested in the wider body of Tolkien's work?
My only real complaint about the plot changes is the Thorin-centricity possibly pushing out Dain II.

I agree with you on the "strong female" character, as if being strong and female were a rare thing somehow. Just write a character who has, you know, CHARACTER. Let her be a strong personality, even if she displays weakness, strength, love, hate, whatever. I don't want any more cardboard cutouts that I'm supposed to admire.

hypersensitive
November 19th, 2013, 04:02 PM
OK, I thought you meant something else (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fan%20service) when you said fan service (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_service).

Vrindi
November 20th, 2013, 10:00 AM
I will probably be wearing my circlet I had custom made for my wedding/eloping shenanigans(06-14-2013). <3
DIE HARD Tolkien & LOTR fan right here.

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1011902_10151683516482264_1100352513_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/1008281_10200817939184229_2083375095_o.jpg

Crafted entirely in STERLING silver, fresh water pearls, swovarski crystals and lab created Sapphires.

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=12b204e719&view=att&th=13f24a1a5ced1ab5&attid=0.1&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P8exM8GK2LKMYL-eDFjby9l&sadet=1384581671143&sads=b_EqibwcJuzqTIQfTvtIx6YUoSY&sadssc=1
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=12b204e719&view=att&th=13f24a1a5ced1ab5&attid=0.2&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P8exM8GK2LKMYL-eDFjby9l&sadet=1384581702270&sads=oA9yUuiGsscfez6l5BcDJq3q3K0
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=12b204e719&view=att&th=13f24a1a5ced1ab5&attid=0.3&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P8exM8GK2LKMYL-eDFjby9l&sadet=1384581755714&sads=Pr54odKM0Tf-I3fmRnRx2xUmcUE

And the matching earrings(however, I wear these EVERYDAY).
https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=12b204e719&view=att&th=13f24a1a5ced1ab5&attid=0.4&disp=inline&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P8exM8GK2LKMYL-eDFjby9l&sadet=1384581939740&sads=3RmqgjrVbfuEy7MfIFc2rtkuFPY

Wow! Congrats on the wedding! (I eloped too— it was definitely the way to go.) That circlet is amazing!

Vrindi
November 20th, 2013, 10:03 AM
OK, I thought you meant something else (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=fan%20service) when you said fan service (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_service).

Oh, haha! Maybe some would say there is some of that in the movies, but my opinion is that there isn't. I think overall, PJ has done an amazing job with Middle Earth, and I'm dying to work with Weta someday (like, tomorrow would be good!) because of it.

Long_hair_bear
November 20th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Just bought this hair sword!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lord-of-the-Rings-Arwen-Hadhafang-Letter-Opener-Noble-Gift-/350829840237?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51af16876d

redtuss
November 20th, 2013, 12:24 PM
That is a really cute letter opener/hairsword! :D

And coffee succubus - your circlet is so beautiful!!

Miasen
November 21st, 2013, 04:55 AM
I want the Collector's edition of The Hobbit so bad, the one with the Bilbo and Gollum statue, but it's a pain in the ass getting my hands on it. They have it on Amazon US, but opinions are divided on whether or not it is region locked. And I do not want to buy it only to end up with not being able to watch it. They also seem to have it on Amazon DE (Germany), but it's a lot more expencive there, and with the fee on buying stuff to ship to Norway it will just be too much. Gah, why can't they just get this in Norwegian stores, they had all the LOTR Collector's Edition back in the day.

*pout*

hypersensitive
November 21st, 2013, 02:27 PM
They finally let us buy advanced tickets! I'm going to a low key theater and not planning on watching in 3D so I don't think I'll dress up this time. I'll just wear my hair down in braidwaves and let a simple circlet peak through.

Vrindi
November 21st, 2013, 02:56 PM
Here's some new geekery!

http://middle-earth.thehobbit.com

Best to use Chrome browser.

Bagginslover
November 22nd, 2013, 05:18 AM
I want the Collector's edition of The Hobbit so bad, the one with the Bilbo and Gollum statue, but it's a pain in the ass getting my hands on it. They have it on Amazon US, but opinions are divided on whether or not it is region locked. And I do not want to buy it only to end up with not being able to watch it. They also seem to have it on Amazon DE (Germany), but it's a lot more expencive there, and with the fee on buying stuff to ship to Norway it will just be too much. Gah, why can't they just get this in Norwegian stores, they had all the LOTR Collector's Edition back in the day.

*pout*

Can't get it here at all witout importing it :( I have all the LOTR collector sets with statues, I am GUTTED I can't complete my collection with The Hobbit ones :(

RedNymph
November 22nd, 2013, 06:36 AM
Here's some Tauriel hair porn:)
http://24.media.tumblr.com/72e4b5d2524acc109f24fa15bb652bdf/tumblr_mwd5rpZley1rwodp4o1_500.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/d1503c8ad69a19aa75f61b446d542735/tumblr_mwcu5cjes61sxjyoho1_500.jpg
http://31.media.tumblr.com/a736d96b00387a83f7f384e732552613/tumblr_mwdppzRUVz1snz2f7o1_500.jpg
http://31.media.tumblr.com/a823ad9e07a6521a968e9309e44c69f8/tumblr_mwdppzRUVz1snz2f7o2_500.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/aab83c930d0de21e333e24634b895666/tumblr_mwhowa7yPI1qj3dvto1_500.png

Miasen
November 22nd, 2013, 07:41 AM
Can't get it here at all witout importing it :( I have all the LOTR collector sets with statues, I am GUTTED I can't complete my collection with The Hobbit ones :(

I really don't know why they don't have these easily available. I've got the LOTR ones, and love the statues that came with them. It makes it a little more special than just the ordinary extended edition. The Bilbo/Gollum statue would look pretty brilliant next to my old Gollum statue!

Are there some reason these are do hard to get a hold of over here, I remeber the LOTR ones were sold in Norwegian stores, they had loads of them. I haven't seen these new ones sold anywhere but those two particular amazon stores. Superannoying.

Bagginslover
November 22nd, 2013, 07:41 AM
*drools*
Cannot wait til my hair is that long.

lillithnight
November 22nd, 2013, 08:18 PM
I can't wait to see the film. Hopefully I can see some female dwarf styles up close.

lillithnight
November 28th, 2013, 02:50 AM
I'm calling my attempt at Thorin inspired style a succes! I'll get pictures posted soon but its deffinitly a style that someone with kinky hair can do using a braid out.

Bambi
December 8th, 2013, 03:20 AM
So it's getting closer!! Wooohooo!

ShieldMayden
December 8th, 2013, 08:34 PM
Here's some Tauriel hair porn:)
http://24.media.tumblr.com/72e4b5d2524acc109f24fa15bb652bdf/tumblr_mwd5rpZley1rwodp4o1_500.jpg
http://25.media.tumblr.com/d1503c8ad69a19aa75f61b446d542735/tumblr_mwcu5cjes61sxjyoho1_500.jpg
http://31.media.tumblr.com/a736d96b00387a83f7f384e732552613/tumblr_mwdppzRUVz1snz2f7o1_500.jpg
http://31.media.tumblr.com/a823ad9e07a6521a968e9309e44c69f8/tumblr_mwdppzRUVz1snz2f7o2_500.jpg
http://24.media.tumblr.com/aab83c930d0de21e333e24634b895666/tumblr_mwhowa7yPI1qj3dvto1_500.png

I'm in love and I can't wait my hair grows that long. Currently it's barely at waist length! *sighs*

amanda_the_tall
December 8th, 2013, 09:36 PM
I'm in love and I can't wait my hair grows that long. Currently it's barely at waist length! *sighs*

Oh my gosh so excited for all the hair in this movie! Haha, and the movie itself, boyfriend and I already ordered tickets for the midnight premiere! :D

Symphony
December 8th, 2013, 09:54 PM
I just realized I have work off on the night it comes out! Woohoo!! Perhaps I will bust out my medieval gown!

bekahleigh
December 8th, 2013, 10:38 PM
The next in the Hobbit triligoy is coming out this week and i'm so excited! I might just have to try out some of these ideas for when I go see it!

Miasen
December 9th, 2013, 12:42 AM
Oooh, tomorrow I get to see it, I'm superexcited! Hopefully my boss will let me leave work a little earlier than usual, so I'll have time to put on my costume and get to the movie theatre a little earlier, to see the other costumes and enjoy walking around in a cloak. ;)

Ocelan
December 9th, 2013, 09:15 AM
I probably won't have time to go see the movie atleast until the next weekend, but it will be worth the wait once it's time. So please, no spoilers please before that! :P

redtuss
December 9th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Oh I love Tauriels braid-net-thingy... I need to try and make that!

ShieldMayden
December 9th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Oh my gosh so excited for all the hair in this movie! Haha, and the movie itself, boyfriend and I already ordered tickets for the midnight premiere! :D

I have my midnight ticket too, I'm hyped!
And yessssss the long hair! I'm also swooning over Luke Evans as Bard the Bowman, his hair looks fantastic too!

lillithnight
December 9th, 2013, 10:05 PM
I really want to know if its a fishtail braid or a three strand braid. The side braids are rope braids located behind the french lace braids I'm sure of that. This movie is sure to have really interesting hair, and costumes, and basicly everything. That and benedict cumberbatch as smauge! He's a pretty good actor, and should make a good addition to the cast.

I can't wait to see it on saterday!

Miasen
December 10th, 2013, 12:19 AM
Oooh, just ten more hours until I'm in the movie theatre! I'm feeling really giddy by now, I've been waiting a whole year for this! :D

Bambi
December 10th, 2013, 03:07 AM
The score is amazing, so dark yet with a little piece of hope, not like the Lotr-ones but I'm not disappointed, judging from it, it seems like a fast paced movie:).

Kaya
December 11th, 2013, 10:55 AM
I swear, I'm losing sleep with all my excitement!!!! :D :D I might have to break my rule of never seeing a movie on it's opening day. I'm hoping that the showing at 12:30, HFR 3D, will be sufficiently un-busy, since people will still be at work. That way I don't have to wait the entire weekend. Heck, at this point, I don't think I could wait a simple weekend. It's all too exciting!!! I might spontaneously combust! :p http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-angry021.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

In the lead-up to Friday, I just got some actions shots of my newest swords!! I can tell you one thing: if you want a serious statement piece, just get Thorin's sword. This sword is massive and heavy! The blade is super wide, so be careful inserting it into your hair. It's not sharp, by any means, but it's not like Thranduil's slender, polished blade. Regardless, I love my new swords!!! :o

http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t548/tanookitail/Hair%20Toys/DSC_0450_zpsda1c752a.jpg

Miasen
December 12th, 2013, 02:06 AM
I absolutely loved the movie, and I really want to go again soon. I actually think I liked this one even more than the last. :D Kaya, I wish I could get those swords of yours, they are beyond awesome (but shipping to Norway would likely be way too much for me to buy them.)

Also, I wish I could get Thorin's sword in a normal size as well, that would have been the PERFECT christmas present for my hubby, who loves dwarves, and was just complaining over the fact that he's six feet tall--too tall to be a dwarf. :p

Bagginslover
December 12th, 2013, 04:11 AM
I absolutely loved the movie, and I really want to go again soon. I actually think I liked this one even more than the last. :D Kaya, I wish I could get those swords of yours, they are beyond awesome (but shipping to Norway would likely be way too much for me to buy them.)

Also, I wish I could get Thorin's sword in a normal size as well, that would have been the PERFECT christmas present for my hubby, who loves dwarves, and was just complaining over the fact that he's six feet tall--too tall to be a dwarf. :p

Tell him hes too short-John Rhys-Davies (Gimli) is well over 6 feet ;)

Miasen
December 12th, 2013, 07:05 AM
Tell him hes too short-John Rhys-Davies (Gimli) is well over 6 feet ;)

That's true! :D I might just have to make him a super padded costume, so he looks broader, and therefore proportionally shorter. ;) He also would like a helmet just like Gimli, he felt he'd look much more dwarfish with one of those! Guess I'll have to take up metal working next year... XD

Vrindi
December 12th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Hey, here's a link to a countdown page for The Hobbit with the trailer:
https://www.dashzen.com/p/F/iud6H
Enjoy! Only a few more hours! :cheese: