PDA

View Full Version : Entertaining Hair Conversations: Let's share!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Wildcat Diva
September 16th, 2012, 08:42 PM
I always seem to like to document the conversations that my family has around my new passion these past few months: hair!

I think that some of our family conversations are pretty funny and cute. You might agree, or not. Anyway, I thought we might need a place where we could share our hair conversations that we have with our family and friends. They don't have to be about the the nicest compliment, or the meanest comment, as we have threads for those already. However, you are welcome to post those here. I want to read the transcripts of your conversations about hair stuff! (paraphrasing is fine) Entertain me!:applause

Here's one from this evening:

8 year old son:
“Can I pull your hair fork out and look at it?”

Me:
“Yeah, I guess so.”

8 year old son:
Pulls hairtoy out of my bun (great!), makes ninja sword sound effect “ching!”
“Is it a new one?”

Me:
“no.”

8 year old:
“What wood is it? It’s really pretty.”

Me:
“Canarywood. I love how it glows.”

Hubby chimes in:
“It’s made out of birds.”

~honeyflower~
September 16th, 2012, 09:05 PM
Aw...cute!

JoieBruce
September 16th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Cute!

My stepdaughter walked into the bathroom when I was fixing my hair yesterday and asked if I was doing my "awesome new bun." It's just a simple double braided bun, but she's impressed!

My 15 month old is drawn to hairsticks. I had one in a few days ago and she attacked it! Not really a conversation, but I shrieked!

BrightEyes
September 16th, 2012, 09:51 PM
Aww, that's cute.

I have acquired quite a few hair toys. My DD5 will often ask me "can I look at your hair sticks?"

So I will pull them out and she will gently hold them and look at them in wonder. She'll then ask me if I will put one in her hair. So I will make a little bun with her hair and put a hair toy in it.

Starting her early:D

irisheyes
September 16th, 2012, 09:54 PM
This happened yesterday, when I was visiting my son's home to celebrate a family birthday. I was wearing my hair down in all its natural glory ( or so I thought ).

9 year old grandson:
"Nanny, your hair looks like a witch."

Me: "It does?"

9 year old grandson:
"Yeah, it looks like a witch but feels like Rapunzel."

I always wanted fairytale hair!

Wildcat Diva
September 16th, 2012, 10:00 PM
Great so far guys! Thanks.

Here's another:

background info: DH's scalp has been getting a lot of attention from me lately, rooibos spray, oiling, scalp massage, and left to sit under my heating cap. (he's fallen asleep a couple of times that way)

8 year old DS says tonight:
"Can you do one of those treatment things on me? Like you usually do to Dad?"

dani18
September 16th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Awww. That's so cute.
A few weeks ago I had this convo with my mom:
Me: I'm going to the store to get more conditioner. Do you need anything?
Mom: didn't you just buy some last week?
Me: yeah, but I learned about this really cool thing called co washing, where you only use conditioner and I'm trying it out.
Mom: makes a disgusted face then asks. You haven't been using shampoo?
Me: nope :D
Mom: that's disgusting.
Me: I know it sounds gross, but feel my hair. It's so soft.
Mom: I'll pass, that's gross.

petali
September 16th, 2012, 10:13 PM
^^
that's funny, my mom was disgusted when I told her about just washing the roots, instead of scrubbing the shampoo down my length.

spirals
September 16th, 2012, 10:34 PM
My mom doesn't think giving up shampoo is "gross." But she supports what she doesn't understand. :lol:
This morning in church my friend, who is really busy with homeschooling 3 kids, said to me "I haven't read your whole thing, but I'm going to wash my hair with the soap!" I made a hair kit last week with castile soap, citric acid, a leave-in, homemade curl spray, and oils. I sent her an email with a bunch of info, which she has had to read bit by bit because she's too busy. But it's cute how excited she is. She wants to do cassia with me sometime. Neither of us has yet; it will be fun.

Irish Fae
September 16th, 2012, 10:46 PM
Wildcat, I'm so sorry to hijack your thread, but I am trying to PM you and your inbox is too full. Would you clear some space? Thank you! :-)

Sarahlabyrinth
September 16th, 2012, 10:48 PM
DH and I were in a large department store last week and I wandered over to the hair care aisle to browse, DH said, "Oh, well, I'll come back for you in a couple of hours then, will I?"

When I'm on LHC he says "Are you with your hairy people again?"

He doesn't understand how hair can possibly be so interesting...

spirals
September 16th, 2012, 10:59 PM
The husbands of the girls on the curly board say the same things.

Wildcat Diva
September 16th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Wildcat, I'm so sorry to hijack your thread, but I am trying to PM you and your inbox is too full. Would you clear some space? Thank you! :-)

Dang it. I always do that. Sorry, I took care of it.

lunalocks
September 16th, 2012, 11:55 PM
Me to DH tonight: I finally feel like my hair is getting REALLY long.

DH laughs hysterically, then says to me: honey, your hair has been REALLY long for decades!

RubyTuesday
September 17th, 2012, 07:21 AM
DH and I were in a large department store last week and I wandered over to the hair care aisle to browse, DH said, "Oh, well, I'll come back for you in a couple of hours then, will I?"

When I'm on LHC he says "Are you with your hairy people again?"

He doesn't understand how hair can possibly be so interesting...

I think it baffles a lot of men! After all, generally they wash and go (to quote a brand) or mess about with some gel or wax for a bit, but that is normally it.

I LOVE products and brands. Could happily spend an hour in the chemist staring at the shelves or online searching Amazon or beauty and hair suppliers.

Ever since I decided to treat my hair nicely and grow it out I have become an obsessed hair freak!

longNred
September 17th, 2012, 08:53 AM
Had some friends over for a backyard bonfire this summer... Didn't bother doing much to my hair in days since I knew it'd stink like bonfire smoke, so figured I'd wash it after the party....

Friend: wow, your hair looks amazing!
Me: thanks, it's kind of a mess today.
Friend: well, whatever your doing, it's working!
Me: thanks, I hennaed about a week ago, and haven't bothered to wash it since then.
Friend: You can't wash after henna? Why, does it wash it out?
Me: no, I can. I just haved bothered in a week. It's kind of a pain in the... and I've been busy.
Friend: a week? You haven't washed it in a WEEK? Omg!
Me: wait, I thought whatever I was doing was working? Now it's all shock and horror? Lol...

young&reckless
September 17th, 2012, 09:09 AM
I am forever lossing my keyto hair sticks whenever a Harry Potter movie comes on. My BF just sneeks over and takes it! Now I'm hair toy less but he has a wand for spell casting :)

AineMuirne
September 17th, 2012, 09:49 AM
Here's one from this evening:

8 year old son:
“Can I pull your hair fork out and look at it?”

Me:
“Yeah, I guess so.”

8 year old son:
Pulls hairtoy out of my bun (great!), makes ninja sword sound effect “ching!”
“Is it a new one?”

Me:
“no.”

8 year old:
“What wood is it? It’s really pretty.”

Me:
“Canarywood. I love how it glows.”

Hubby chimes in:
“It’s made out of birds."

:rollin: hahahaha That sounds like something my boyfriend would say.

My boyfriend says things like, "Are you talking to the hairy people again?" but he does understand and is just being funny, lol. He has instructed me that my hair is not allowed to ever be shorter than classic length when it gets there, and if it were up to him, I'd be growing it to terminal length.

piffyanne
September 17th, 2012, 09:56 AM
This happened yesterday, when I was visiting my son's home to celebrate a family birthday. I was wearing my hair down in all its natural glory ( or so I thought ).

9 year old grandson:
"Nanny, your hair looks like a witch."

Me: "It does?"

9 year old grandson:
"Yeah, it looks like a witch but feels like Rapunzel."

I always wanted fairytale hair!

:crush: I can't get over how cute this is!!

melusine963
September 17th, 2012, 10:12 AM
My brother's comment on seeing me with a pencil in my hair (it was a nautilus bun day): 'Do I need to buy you a hairstick?' I should have taken him up on the offer. :)

Amygirl8
September 17th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Don't have any offline ones really lol.
My bro and I sometimes talk about our hair, since he's growing it out. There's already a distinctive layer of heat damage on top since he's insistent on blowdrying ={

Anyway, I get my most entertaining conversations on another forum where there is a hair club. These guys are more familiar with mainstream hair care tips, so I often find myself lecturing them lol, so I'm known as the hair-guru along as the lecturer to them.

So just now, a newer member posted this tip: When you put it in a ponytail as soon as you brush it when it's wet and leave it in for a a day and take it out your hair won't be to frizzy.

It was for curly hair.
I cringed. I'm sure all of you are cringing too lol.
The lecture I gave to the poor girl... haha.
Much more polite than what I would've done in real life. :roll eyes:

Chimom79
September 17th, 2012, 08:19 PM
I can't recall exact convos, but I am always on LHC here with my Ipad and my Brother, who is staying with us right now always says, "there is those pics of the back of the long haired people's heads again, is that all you look at?" Haha! And when we go into any store, I go to the hair care/toy/supply section and my DH will always say, "well, Im gonna go look at stuff, Ill come back here to find you later. Hehe!

CurlyCap
September 17th, 2012, 09:46 PM
Friend: fluff fluff fluffs my hair

Me: What are you doing?

Friend: Making your hair big!

Me: Ummm. Okay. But...maybe you should trying fluffing more than just the top?

Friend: fluff fluff fluff

Me: Nope.

Friend: fluff fluff FLUFF

Me: Haven't even broken the top layer. :snickers:

Friend: FLUFF FLUFF FLUFF

Me: lol, let me show you how it's done....

She couldn't comprehend that she could make a mountain of hair out of just the first few inches of scalp hair. And then she was afraid to put her hands root deep into my hair to learn how to make volume. I think she feared never getting them back again!

ladylowtide
September 17th, 2012, 11:24 PM
Curlycap. The "fluffs" in your story had me in stitches! :)

Wildcat Diva
September 17th, 2012, 11:50 PM
Hil-LAR-ious!

AnqeIicDemise
September 17th, 2012, 11:53 PM
M: you never said anything about my hair today!:(
DH: it looks like a donut bun!
M:-pause- it looks nothing like 'the donut' bun. Its a whole new braid altogether, sir.
DH: Oh. I see.
M: can you tell the difference?
DH: -squints- its.. its.. um..
M: You can't tell the difference, can't you?
DH: -hangs head- no.
M: Look at this one closely it looks like something we eat.
DH: -squints, steps back, then closer- Umm...
M: we have it for dinner.
DH: wait.. -comes back with dinner- Oh.. you're right. It looks like fish with the way it folds like this and... is it just me or is it messier?
M: its a pain in the but to do and yes, it gets looser quicker so it gets messier faster.
DH: -nod- I don't like it.
M: -pause- me neither.

melusine963
September 18th, 2012, 02:01 AM
DH: wait.. -comes back with dinner- Oh.. you're right. It looks like fish with the way it folds like this and... is it just me or is it messier?

Show us a picture of this bun, please. Curiosity is eating me alive!

piffyanne
September 18th, 2012, 02:24 AM
Me too! :nibblenibble:

:cheese:

Maybe
September 18th, 2012, 12:02 PM
My 3 year old wanted me to take my hair down the other day because "that doesn't look like Mommy hair" (he is not used to seeing me with it up).

So I took it down and it was really humid out so it got bigger and bigger. I fluffed it up even more and said, "is this better, does it look like mommy hair now?".

Said he, "it looks like monster hair".

:o

shutterpillar
September 18th, 2012, 12:14 PM
My husband likes to poke fun at me for putting "food" on my hair. We were at the grocery just yesterday and our conversation went a little something like this:

Me: hey hon, we need more Apple Cider Vinegar.
DH: we do? I thought we had a bottle of it.
Me: I used it.
DH: on what? you haven't made anything that needed ACV.
Me: *pause, knowing the jokes are coming* ..... on my hair. *mischievous look*
DH: (something along the lines of) Do you need more coconut oil, too? We could throw some seasonings in there and fry it up on the stove.
Me: eye roll

He is totally just joking with me though. He gets why I do it, and he has actually begun putting coconut oil on his hair as well. He just likes to poke fun at my alternative hair care. :P

neko_kawaii
September 18th, 2012, 02:08 PM
I know I've had entertaining hair conversations with my husband and son but now I shall have to write them down for you. My husband generally doesn't comment on anything appearance related except to point out when his own hair dried sticking up in a funny way which usually runs like this:

Him: Why didn't you tell me my hair looks funny?
Me: It always looks funny, I figured that was the way you wanted it.

But he does take a passing interest in my hair stick carving efforts. I was burnishing a stick that had gotten damp accidentally and he suggested beeswax might help guard against moisture damage. A day or so later I was trimming and cleaning my nails and even went as far as to put Burt's Bees cuticle cream on and idly read the ingredients list and then went and put some of it on a stick. I told him about it later and showed him the stick and he was actually impressed by how nice the stick looked.

spirals
September 19th, 2012, 11:48 PM
My 3 year old wanted me to take my hair down the other day because "that doesn't look like Mommy hair" (he is not used to seeing me with it up).

So I took it down and it was really humid out so it got bigger and bigger. I fluffed it up even more and said, "is this better, does it look like mommy hair now?".

Said he, "it looks like monster hair".

:o :lol: Gotta love three-year-olds. :lol:

MissAlida
September 20th, 2012, 12:15 AM
Friend nr. 1: "Have you dyed your hair?"
Me: "Yep"
F nr. 1: "Black?"
Me: "No, red"
Friend nr.2 : "What did you use?"
Me: "Henna."
Friend nr.1 & friend nr.2 : :disgust:

AnqeIicDemise
September 20th, 2012, 12:48 AM

Which bun, the 'donut' bun or the 'fish thing bun'?

My husband has food on the brain and renames certain buns as edible things.

piffyanne
September 20th, 2012, 01:58 AM

We get choices? I choose BOTH! :popcorn:

melusine963
September 20th, 2012, 03:16 AM

Both, absolutely, but especially the fish bun. :flower:

Sarahlabyrinth
September 20th, 2012, 03:36 AM
Yes both please, especially the fish bun!

Lucie159
September 20th, 2012, 06:52 AM
I have lots of funny conversations with my husband about my hair... He says he knows way to much about hair for a bald guy! hahha
The funniest thing is that my hair seems to love to ride around on his clothes. When I went from bleached blonde to henna red, he said that the ladies at work looked at him really strangely for like a month until they found out I changed my hair color. haha
Sometimes I get a text from him that goes something like this:

Hubby: I found another one.
Me: Another what?
Hubby: Hitchhiking hair!
Me: ha they like to see the world!
Hubby: Don't know how they can see the world in my UNDERWEAR!!!

Henrietta
September 20th, 2012, 07:01 AM
I approached my fiance yesterday, wearing a Hawser braid (which DOES look like a 8921 strand braid) and holding a brand new video game that had arrived in mail seconds earlier. His birthday is coming but I decided to give him the game now, instead of keeping it on my desk for a week :D
He sees the braid and says:
-Nooooo! What have you done to him?! What have you done to the Kitten? :D
-It's a...
-No! Just no! It's a black magic. No, no, no!
-But it's just...
-It's black magic. Don't come to me! No! ;)
-"No"? Ok. No new game then. If you're so afraid of black magic. :p

And I walked away :D

That's our typical conversation. ANY braid is a black magic. Especially rope braid. But I taught him English braid :demon: Welcome on the dark side, my dear...

piffyanne
September 24th, 2012, 04:07 AM
I approached my fiance yesterday, wearing a Hawser braid (which DOES look like a 8921 strand braid) and holding a brand new video game that had arrived in mail seconds earlier. His birthday is coming but I decided to give him the game now, instead of keeping it on my desk for a week :D
He sees the braid and says:
-Nooooo! What have you done to him?! What have you done to the Kitten? :D
-It's a...
-No! Just no! It's a black magic. No, no, no!
-But it's just...
-It's black magic. Don't come to me! No! ;)
-"No"? Ok. No new game then. If you're so afraid of black magic. :p

And I walked away :D

That's our typical conversation. ANY braid is a black magic. Especially rope braid. But I taught him English braid :demon: Welcome on the dark side, my dear...
:rollin: This^ is hilarious!

DBF has accepted that the Anne-hair is alive, and trying to kill him. They've been discovered marching inexorably up his body, and he recently woke up with one wrapped menacingly around his neck.

We discuss regularly the "you make her cry, I'll break you" warning my hair's broadcasting loud and clear.

One of my dad's favorite train-riding stories included a long-hair sitting on the seat behind him. She tried fluffing her hair over the back of the seat, and he asked her not to, or his wife (my mom) would be suspicious he was having an affair.

He went into work that day and told his co-workers about the fate he'd avoided.

He forgot what pranksters his coworkers are.

He returned to his desk a couple days later in time to see one of the wonderful women the company he works for has brought in from India pluck one of her almost-knee-length hairs, and carefully set it on his coat.

He was paranoid for a couple weeks.:D

We were joking again today how lucky he is to have ME as a daughter, because any long hairs found ANYWHERE around out house are automatically assumed to be mine. (He's not cheating, so it's a good joke.) That, and my hair's starting to sprout BLACK hairs as well, so the breadth of "potential" women he could safely hang out with is increasing now. :demon:

AnqeIicDemise
September 24th, 2012, 08:16 AM
ah! I forgot about this bun. Give me some time. I'm not a big fan of the herringbone braid as it takes a long time to do but I'll see if I can work something out and get the camera to work. I got new lighting in the bathroom that should help!

AnqeIicDemise
September 24th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Oh, here's another.

Dh wanted 'fun time' last night -- and I'm not one to not have fun. But as we were heading off to said have fun, I made a side trip to my desk to comb out my hair and braid it.

DH: where are you going?!
M: To contain the masses.
DH: But..but..
M: Hold your horses, my love. Fun time isn't so fun when you have my hair pinned down by your arms, now is it?
DH: -pause- True. Now hurry woman, for good times await.

piffyanne
September 24th, 2012, 06:46 PM
Oh, here's another.

Dh wanted 'fun time' last night -- and I'm not one to not have fun. But as we were heading off to said have fun, I made a side trip to my desk to comb out my hair and braid it.

M: Hold your horses, my love. Fun time isn't so fun when you have my hair pinned down by your arms, now is it?
:eyebrows:, if you don't mind my saying so.

That's adorable! :joy:

lapushka
September 24th, 2012, 06:54 PM
I have lots of funny conversations with my husband about my hair... He says he knows way to much about hair for a bald guy! hahha
The funniest thing is that my hair seems to love to ride around on his clothes. When I went from bleached blonde to henna red, he said that the ladies at work looked at him really strangely for like a month until they found out I changed my hair color. haha
Sometimes I get a text from him that goes something like this:

Hubby: I found another one.
Me: Another what?
Hubby: Hitchhiking hair!
Me: ha they like to see the world!
Hubby: Don't know how they can see the world in my UNDERWEAR!!!

That absolutely cracked me up. :lol: :D

terylenerose
September 24th, 2012, 10:12 PM
I've had lots of conversations with my parents about wash methods. It usually goes something like this:

Mom: When was the last time you washed your hair, TR? It looks really greasy.
TR: Recently.
Mom: Like when?
TR: You really wanna know?
Mom: Yes.
TR: Five days ago.
Mom: *ew* Please wash it today. It's really greasy, and --
TR: You just said that! :mad:
Mom: Well, it's still true. Are you going to wash your hair?
TR: No. It's fine.
Mom: No, it's not fine. It's embarrassing to me as a parent because people are going to think I don't take care of you.
TR: Moooommm.... :rolleyes:
Mom: Please wash your hair today, would you? Please? With, you know, actual shampoo?
TR: No.
Mom: Oh, come on now.
TR: Oh, for Pete's sake!
Mom: If you don't wash your hair now I'm not taking you to [fill in name of activity]!
TR: Oh, all right. Just this once. For you.

Not exactly cute, I'm afraid. Frustrating, yes. :rolleyes: I think I've seen the end of restrictions on which wash methods I'm allowed to use, but who knows.
Lucie159, that made me laugh too! :D Thanks for posting. :)

AnqeIicDemise
October 12th, 2012, 01:23 AM
re: Fish bun. I'm planning on making that bun on Saturday and photographing it to go in my blog.

I'll be honest, I'm dreading it. Its pretty, but man, what a hassle

neko_kawaii
December 15th, 2012, 07:08 PM
As we were getting into the car my husband said, "What is that clear plastic band? I keep seeing them around; in the bed, on the floor." I rolled my eyes and flicked my hair at him. "Oh. The cat chews on them."

Coolcombination
December 25th, 2012, 05:04 AM
I was saying to my mother that I am finally at bsl and that my ultimate goal was waist and she said " that's too long, it'll get all straggly" silently I passed over the ipad with an enlarged picture of lhc waist length hair and she jus said "oh right" lmao I think that it's common perception with long hair is straggly, damaged, uneven hem hair.

jacqueline101
December 25th, 2012, 12:43 PM
My family was like you joined a long hair forum. Why? When you join do they give you hair as a gift? Then when that was done they asked questions about my hair growth. I showed them they were stunned.

neko_kawaii
December 29th, 2012, 10:54 PM
My red headed mother and I outside a small clothing shop talking about what we had seen within.
Mom - Too bad we don't live closer, but you'd buy the purple one.
Me - Of course, so I wouldn't have to share.
Mom - I'll be gray soon and then I can wear purple. (Note: she swears the poem "When I am an Old Lady I Will Wear Purple" was written by a red head.)
Me looking at her hair - You'll be brown before you go gray.
Mom - True, and then I can wear purple.

Sarahlabyrinth
December 30th, 2012, 12:23 PM
My husband was watching me do a bunned Dutch braid this morning and when I had finished it he said, "You know what you should have? One of those cameras and screens they have in cars for backing up safely - have the camera trained on the back of your head and the screen in front of you, then you can see what you are doing..."LOL

DarkCurls
January 2nd, 2013, 09:09 AM
My husband was watching me do a bunned Dutch braid this morning and when I had finished it he said, "You know what you should have? One of those cameras and screens they have in cars for backing up safely - have the camera trained on the back of your head and the screen in front of you, then you can see what you are doing..."LOL
That's what I should have asked for for Christmas!

A couple days ago I saw my cousin (who's nine, and whom I hadn't seen in a year or so) and she told me, "You have more hair than usual."
I don't know why, but I found that really cute. :)

Sillage
January 2nd, 2013, 09:14 AM
"You need to work on getting your hair some volume"-- my rude azz little sister >:(

patienceneeded
January 2nd, 2013, 10:03 AM
DH - "Why did you buy hairstick arrows? That's ridiculous! I could MAKE you hairstick arrows! Do you know how many arrows I have lying around that are too damaged for hunting anymore but would make perfect hairsticks? I could cut them down and you could choose your color scheme! Silly lady. Bying stuff on Etsy without checking with me..."
Me - "You can make that kind of stuff? What else can you make? Make me something!"
DH - "All you need to do is ask."

I do have two moons (in the style of Ravenscraft) that DH made me. One is Ash and the other (also Ash) he stained a light blue and hung a stream of stars from the end. So pretty! He has also made me 6 or 7 wooden hairsticks. I generally limit my Etsy purchases to things he can't make (like acrylic stuff) because he doesn't have to tools for them.

Unicorn
January 2nd, 2013, 05:23 PM

I bought a webcam just so that I could do this using my computer screen :blushing:

Unicorn

Sarahlabyrinth
January 2nd, 2013, 11:33 PM
I bought a webcam just so that I could do this using my computer screen :blushing:Wow, that sounds really useful, does it work well?

Wildcat Diva
January 2nd, 2013, 11:53 PM
Hubby: (out of the blue) "You know what would be really cool? A hairstick with tiger's eye. That would be really pretty."

Me: "I can show you some in about fifteen seconds."
I whip out the IPhone, open Etsy app, favorites, shops, Nightblooming Store, scroll to Beauty's Guardian hair sticks.
"Here. Bam."

He looks: "those ARE pretty."

Me: "Doh. I forgot... I already have a tiger eye hairstick. I'll show you." I go to hairtoy hoard, dig, dig, dig, extract hairstick. I present it to hubby. "See, there it is."

Hubby: takes off his glasses to examine it closely. "Why have I not seen this one before?"

Me: shrugs

Hwyfar
January 3rd, 2013, 05:08 AM
During the holidays my mother saw my hair open after a while. She said "Oh, it's really getting long isn't it?" and after a while "Hey, what about if you'd grow your hair as long as it gets? Let's see how long it can grow!" and I said "Yeah, that sounds like a plan" :D

A friend of mine also saw my hair open a couple days ago and said "Oh, I didn't realise your hair was THAT long!" and I said "Yeah, and it's gonna get even longer."

Just to make it clear, my hair is currently almost waist, so with this forums standards it's not that long but for normal people it is :P

Unicorn
January 3rd, 2013, 10:47 AM
Wow, that sounds really useful, does it work well?

It does, I have to get the lighting right, but I can look straight at the computer screen to see exactly what's going on from all angles and I'm able to see those odd strays that don't make themselves known until you think you've finished...

Unicorn

lacefrost
January 3rd, 2013, 10:02 PM
Theses stories are great. I have a couple but they're beard related.

So DH and I are sitting on the couch, watching Supernatural. His beard has finally gotten long enough where he can stroke it thoughtfully. Suddenly midstroke he starts pulling out a hair. And pulling and pulling and pulling. He just turns to look at me with a horrified face as hair keeps coming out of his beard like scarves out of a clown's sleeve.

DH texts me while we're at work: Oh my God
me: What? What? Is everything alright?
DH: no! I found another one of your hairs in my beard!

In the middle of the night, if I forget to wear my scarf to bed:

DH: cough cough cough!
me: baby, are you okay?
DH coughing and pushing away from me: your hair is trying to kill me
me: no, baby, it loves you
hair: :demon:

On the rare times I'm washing my hair loose:

DH walks in and notices afro
afro: :demon:
DH shakes head and backs away very slowly. At the last second, slams door and runs away.

Wildcat Diva
January 3rd, 2013, 10:25 PM
That's cute!

Wildcat Diva
February 4th, 2013, 03:25 PM
This morning, I drove up to the driveway coming home. My 10 year old son comes out of the house, "Oh, hey mom, how're you doing? Do you have any groceries or anything you need help with?"

Me: "No, son, that's okay. I don't have anything. Thanks, though."

DS10: "Ok. So, did you need me to take any pictures of your hair today?"

papera
February 4th, 2013, 03:40 PM
haha, nice stories :D

Here's mine about SD with a friend who isn't into this kind of stuff

She: Oh, you're hair is so nice and healthy!
Me: Thanks, I really do a lot to maintain it healthy, like cutting out spliss and so ...
She: Cutting out spliss?
Me: Yeah, I sit on my balcony in the sun and search for split hair, and cut it when I find it.
She: :bigeyes:
Me: Yeah, some people smoke (my friend does), some people drink too much, and I cut split ends! You see, we're all a bit weird :P ;)

Wildcat Diva
February 4th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Ha ha!

I have a second one today.
I plop down on the couch and spy my comb hovering precariously close to the crack in the cushion.
Staring pointedly at it, I threaten to DH, "Don't lose my horn comb."

DH, defensively "but I was 'screenching!'

Me, exasperated: "Scritching!" (Last week he called it 'screeching')

DH: "what is it? Screenching?" (Makes his mouth all funny trying to say it.) "Scritching?"

Me: "yeee-essss."

DH: "Don't act so smart. You didn't know what it was either a year ago before you got on your long hair expert thing.
You didn't know!"

Me: Sigh. "You are right. I'm sorry."

MidnightStar
February 4th, 2013, 05:01 PM
Oh, here's another.

I've had lots of conversations with my parents about wash methods. It usually goes something like this:

Mom: When was the last time you washed your hair, TR? It looks really greasy.
TR: Recently.
Mom: Like when?
TR: You really wanna know?
Mom: Yes.
TR: Five days ago.
Mom: *ew* Please wash it today. It's really greasy, and --
TR: You just said that! :mad:
Mom: Well, it's still true. Are you going to wash your hair?
TR: No. It's fine.
Mom: No, it's not fine. It's embarrassing to me as a parent because people are going to think I don't take care of you.
TR: Moooommm.... :rolleyes:
Mom: Please wash your hair today, would you? Please? With, you know, actual shampoo?
TR: No.
Mom: Oh, come on now.
TR: Oh, for Pete's sake!
Mom: If you don't wash your hair now I'm not taking you to [fill in name of activity]!
TR: Oh, all right. Just this once. For you.

Not exactly cute, I'm afraid. Frustrating, yes. :rolleyes: I think I've seen the end of restrictions on which wash methods I'm allowed to use, but who knows.
Lucie159, that made me laugh too! :D Thanks for posting. :)

LOL at these both!!

DH - "Why did you buy hairstick arrows? That's ridiculous! I could MAKE you hairstick arrows! Do you know how many arrows I have lying around that are too damaged for hunting anymore but would make perfect hairsticks? I could cut them down and you could choose your color scheme! Silly lady. Bying stuff on Etsy without checking with me..."
Me - "You can make that kind of stuff? What else can you make? Make me something!"

I do have two moons (in the style of Ravenscraft) that DH made me. One is Ash and the other (also Ash) he stained a light blue and hung a stream of stars from the end. So pretty! He has also made me 6 or 7 wooden hairsticks. I generally limit my Etsy purchases to things he can't make (like acrylic stuff) because he doesn't have to tools for them.

Aw...he's a keeper, definitely! :)
The cutest hair story conversation I've ever had isn't even a conversation at all. When my oldest niece was old enough to talk but not yet old enough to really engage in a conversation, I'd go visiting my sister and always while we were sitting around talking, my niece would come up to me holding a Lego shaped like a flower, and hold it up to her head in the back. After about three or four times of her doing this, I realized she was indicating that she wanted long hair to hold up in a bun like Auntie MidnightStar's. :crush: I'm now told that she wants long beautiful hair just like Auntie's.
Also, not so sweet, from Christmas (context: I NEVER wear my hair down around my sister, because my beautiful baby nieces tend to pull and tug and I would rather play with them then worry about my hair):
Me, walking into my sister's home with my hair down in all its gorgeous glory: Hi, Merry Christmas!
Sister: Holy crap! When did your hair get that long????
Me: Uh...recently?
Sister: It's time for a cut!
Me: When I can sit on it, then I'll cut it!
Sister: pacified, unaware that "cut" to me is "hip length"!

beryl
February 4th, 2013, 05:24 PM
These are so funny!

My own:

I was at a school helping out with the younger children (grade 4s) and some little girls were fascinated by the chopstick in my hair.

Little girl: Why do you have that in your hair? Are you Japanese?
Me (who, besides hairstick, looks very un-Japanese): No, it's there to keep my hair up.
Little girl: Why?
Me: Because my hair's long.
Little girl: How long?
(I show her where it would come to--hip--were it down)

Then they were all clamouring for me to let my hair down and show them--I like hair compliments too much, so I did. My hair doesn't seem that long to me and the ends are a bit scraggly-looking, but they loved it! We were standing on a type of balcony-thing, and seeing some of my hair that hung on the outside of the railing a little girl exclaimed:

Little girl: Wow! :O Your hair is sooo long. It could save somebody!

I don't think it could, but it was nice to have her think so.

Long_hair_bear
February 4th, 2013, 07:50 PM
Between my husband and my friends, I have alot of funny and akward hair conversations.

One of my friends: My hair is always so dry after I shampoo it.
Me: Does your shampoo have sls?
Friend: :confused:

D'oh..... Then I told her about coconut oiling before shampooing and the conversation went downhill from there..... lol

Zesty
February 5th, 2013, 07:32 AM
DBF and I were going to the grocery store and we were making a list out loud in the car.

Me: ...And we need more eggs.
DBF: Eggs? What have we been making that uses eggs?
Me: *laughing sheepishly* I've been using them on my hair.
DBF: Seriously? No. We're not getting any eggs. That's ridiculous.
Me: But I need them!

Nothing more was said, but later on in the store he reminded me about the eggs and handed me the big carton instead of the usual dozen. So really he loves me no matter what food items I put in my hair. ;)

patienceneeded
February 5th, 2013, 09:38 AM
One of my students: "Mrs. Mac, you always have a stick in your hair."

Me: "A hairstick, yes."

Student: "What's a hairstick? Is it a stick?"

(I explain at this point what hairsticks are)

Student: "Sometimes you don't wear a stick. What are those other things called?"

(Now I have to explain forks, flexis, ficcares, etc. Briefly)

Student: "Oh. Well, they're pretty. Can I see the one in your hair? Were you wearing an axe the other day? DO you have any other weapons?"

And on, and on, and on...by this time I had a small audience. 8th graders are willing to be distracted by almost anything non-educational. (Non-educational to them...that's the trick!)

maborosi
February 5th, 2013, 11:44 AM
My little brother- Didn't you used to have black tips?

Me- Yes, they're still there.

My little brother- But they're not as long as they used to be.

Me- Well, my hair's growing out and so my tips look shorter.

My little brother- But your bangs don't have them anymore.

Me- Well...I mean, obviously not. I have to trim to keep my bangs and so all the black tips are gone and-

My little brother- Puzzled look on his face.

My brother can be such a dunce sometimes.
He's expressed interest in red and black hair, though. Hm.

~maborosi~

MORE
February 5th, 2013, 11:42 PM
Little girl: Wow! :O Your hair is sooo long. It could save somebody!

Aww, that's the cutest thing. :)

spirals
February 5th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Ha ha!

I have a second one today.
I plop down on the couch and spy my comb hovering precariously close to the crack in the cushion.
Staring pointedly at it, I threaten to DH, "Don't lose my horn comb."

DH, defensively "but I was 'screenching!'

Me, exasperated: "Scritching!" (Last week he called it 'screeching')

DH: "what is it? Screenching?" (Makes his mouth all funny trying to say it.) "Scritching?"

Me: "yeee-essss."

DH: "Don't act so smart. You didn't know what it was either a year ago before you got on your long hair expert thing.
You didn't know!"

Me: Sigh. "You are right. I'm sorry."

:lol: You two are hilarious!

Seeshami
February 8th, 2013, 12:08 AM
New Guy: "Oh wow, I didn't know your hair was so long.":bigeyes:

Seeshami: "Yup." keeps brushing out tangles to hair stick a bad naughty mess that just slipped out of his bun.

New Guy: "But it's like really long.":bigeyes:

Seeshami: Looks up at New Guy and has stopped brushing to give him the several exaggerated blinks and the WTF face.

New Guy: "What!?!?!"

Seeshami: "You have a little obvious on your face." Goes back to brushing while shaking head and muttering about muggles.

neko_kawaii
February 8th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Seeshami: "You have a little obvious on your face." Goes back to brushing while shaking head and muttering about muggles.

I must remember that one.

Sequira
February 8th, 2013, 07:01 AM
One day I was about to washing my hair with a mix of Shikakai and other indian erbs when my daddy, which is bald, entered in the kitchen and told me: "One day can you please wash my hair with your smelling-poo-for-hair? Maybe they will grow back if you do..."

It was really funny!

Seeshami
February 8th, 2013, 07:48 AM
I must remember that one.

Asking a person, "Do you need me to get you a phone book?" is pretty funny too. It can also be turned around and you can say, "you''ll have to get me a phone book for that." when something goes over your head.

Now this one is absolutely area specific, the less populated the area the more hilarious and asinine it is to ask the person if they need a phone book/say you need one. Big cities use to have phone books that where several inches thick before they started trying to make them as small as possible and they where perfect for boosting a person up so things no longer go over their heads. :wigtongue

And the obvious doesn't have to be on a person's face, Shirt works okay too, pants only if your being naughty.

And the last two of my great What did you just say? sayings are; when I need your attention and I can't remember your name I will yell at you, "HEY YOU, With the FACE" because everyone turns to look and then I can point. Or when some one says something mean about my cloths/hair or if I have spilled on something and don't feel like catching flack for it I will respond with "I know it's hot, Huh?" spoken like it's a pick up line.

Example:
Mean friend: "You need a bib, you have spaghetti sauce on your shirt"
Seeshami looks at stain and is completely nonplussed, "I know, It's hot huh?"
Mean Friend: :brains:

beryl
February 10th, 2013, 05:03 AM
Aww, that's the cutest thing. :)

She must have been thinking of Rapunzel, with her hair out the tower window. I was flattered :o

Xan
February 10th, 2013, 08:09 AM
I was at the mall yesterday and the lady at the cashier asked how long my braid was. I showed her it is 33" which is half way down my back when braided I'm a guy at almost 6' so its relitive. and told her I just donated 12" and she said she was ready to do the same. I said no your hair is great keep it growing she was an older lady with thick grey hair past her waist. She was happy I was in support of her hair I told her again very nice hair keep it going she was happy. You can't go cutting pretty hair like that.

Zindell
February 10th, 2013, 08:22 AM
DS10: "Ok. So, did you need me to take any pictures of your hair today?"

Naww!! That's cute :o

Zindell
February 10th, 2013, 08:32 AM
... He just turns to look at me with a horrified face as hair keeps coming out of his beard like scarves out of a clown's sleeve.

DH walks in and notices afro
afro: :demon:
DH shakes head and backs away very slowly. At the last second, slams door and runs away.

Hahahaa!! Seems like you and your DH has a lot of fun times together. :lol:

Xan
February 10th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Her hair was in a loose braid and so thick she said she was ready to cut because she was old. I said nooo its great keep growing. I think I made her day.

I was at the mall yesterday and the lady at the cashier asked how long my braid was. I showed her it is 33" which is half way down my back when braided I'm a guy at almost 6' so its relitive. and told her I just donated 12" and she said she was ready to do the same. I said no your hair is great keep it growing she was an older lady with thick grey hair past her waist. She was happy I was in support of her hair I told her again very nice hair keep it going she was happy. You can't go cutting pretty hair like that.

Xan
February 10th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Her hair was in a loose braid and so thick she said she was ready to cut because she was old. I said nooo its great keep growing. I think I made her day.

Xan
February 10th, 2013, 10:59 AM
The funny thing was she said she was ready to cut it because she was old. I said noooooo keep it growing it looks awesome, I think I made her day.Her hair was thick and past her waist just lovely.

browneyedsusan
February 10th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Today, I wore a few pincurls to church and left the back down. After service, the elderly woman behind me said that she had been admiring my hair for weeks! --My hair is NOT long yet, but I do what I can with it. I try to wear it different every week. Lately it's been vintage: soft curls from pincurl sets, Gibson tucks, 1/2 up rope braids, victory rolls...-- She was almost overcome with emotion and told me how I reminded her of her mother. It was very touching.

PixieKitten
February 10th, 2013, 02:22 PM
I'm on skype with my boyfriend at the moment and I just showed him my new heart braid I'm testing out for valentine's day, complete with ribbon.. He said it looked like a festive pretzel.
Thanks? :roll:

gossamer
February 10th, 2013, 07:03 PM
A few weeks ago, I was at multiple day conference at a hotel with some other people in my program. Having spent the evening at the hotel pool the night before, I washed my hair and then went to breakfast the next day with it still in my messy sleep braid. Which, had I already had my coffee, I would have realized would cause a stir.

That night at the pool I got cornered in the hot tub by two very curious young women asking all kinds of hair questions. It was really funny, us sitting there in the steaming water, swimcaps all around (required at the pool), them hanging on my every word about protective updos, stretching washes and C-W-C.

MORE
February 11th, 2013, 12:30 AM
Today, I wore a few pincurls to church and left the back down. After service, the elderly woman behind me said that she had been admiring my hair for weeks! --My hair is NOT long yet, but I do what I can with it. I try to wear it different every week. Lately it's been vintage: soft curls from pincurl sets, Gibson tucks, 1/2 up rope braids, victory rolls...-- She was almost overcome with emotion and told me how I reminded her of her mother. It was very touching.

That's so sweet! :)

alyaziaaah
February 11th, 2013, 04:04 AM
wow Xan!
you just donated 12"???? and your braid is 33"?????:agape:
DH just shaved bold, how i wish he had long hair like you:thud:
i am in awe:crush:

Fyral
February 11th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Was talking with one of the strippers at my work the other day who has rather long hair. ended up on the topic of hair maintenance and I mentioned to her that since I have REALLY dry and brittle hair I only wash mine once a week. she was completely floored by that and just couldn't understand that with how dry my hair is naturally washing any more often then that just doesn't work (for about 2 or 3 days after wash day its pretty much just a giant ball of fuzz on my head)

I'm almost glad I didn't tell her that i'm currently doing water only washing since any shampoo with how short my hair is would leave it a perpetual fried mess even if I did use conditioner. would probably have given her a heart attack. and my boss has told me that I'm not allowed to kill the strippers or I have to subsidize the money the bar would loose :p

Coolcombination
February 11th, 2013, 04:35 AM
Where do you work? :run:

Fyral
February 11th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Where do you work? :run:

I'm a manager at a local strip club. unless you live in toronto you probably wouldn't know it. Its far from being my dream job but it pays well, the staff are pretty awesome, only a handful of the strippers make me borderline homocidal with their idiocracy, and its a joke easy job. (seriously I get payed 200 dollars a day to just sit around reading a book 9 times out of 10)

Edit: and most importantly, the owners don't care what I do with my hair and beard. you have no clue how many times I have been denied jobs because I refused to cut my hair or shave my beard, I was even "forced" to cut my hair for one job (I had hit total desperation in my job search and NEEDED to find employment or become homeless... and I don't think life on the street would have been good for me or my hair)

These guys though don't care if I grow my hair and beard down to my ankles so long as "its kept neat and doesn't interfere with your ability to fight if you need to"

Achlys
February 11th, 2013, 10:55 AM
I know a girl with straight, shiny, hennaed classic (I think) length hair, no split ends or anything. So one day something about her hair (colour?) seemed a bit different to me so I jokingly asked her if she had washed it. She replied that she washes her hair every day.
Me: Every day? With a shampoo? :bigeyes:
The girl: My hairdresser says it's okay, so yeah.
Me: You go to a hairdresser? :bigeyes:

Apparently, if you use henna, I'm going to make assumptions. :lol:

browneyedsusan
February 11th, 2013, 01:09 PM
I know a girl with straight, shiny, hennaed classic (I think) length hair, no split ends or anything. So one day something about her hair (colour?) seemed a bit different to me so I jokingly asked her if she had washed it. She replied that she washes her hair every day.

Tee hee! Only a very few people in my life know about the henna, and they think it's weird/gross. (Somehow it's weirder/grosser than regular hair color?) I am very, very vague about my haircare routine, unless I get point-blank questions. I don't really care if they think it's weird or gross, but I don't want spend a bunch of time trying to explain it to someone who washes, blowdries, and heat straightens daily. I haven't been to the hairdresser since I started growing, but am going in a week or two to get the ends evened up. I'm pretty sure she's going to notice the henna. I suppose a long conversation is coming. ***sigh***

piffyanne
February 12th, 2013, 03:41 AM

:rollin:HAHAHA!

Mesmerise
February 12th, 2013, 04:30 AM
Tee hee! Only a very few people in my life know about the henna, and they think it's weird/gross. (Somehow it's weirder/grosser than regular hair color?) I am very, very vague about my haircare routine, unless I get point-blank questions. I don't really care if they think it's weird or gross, but I don't want spend a bunch of time trying to explain it to someone who washes, blowdries, and heat straightens daily. I haven't been to the hairdresser since I started growing, but am going in a week or two to get the ends evened up. I'm pretty sure she's going to notice the henna. I suppose a long conversation is coming. ***sigh***

I'd just be vague about the colour if I was you ;) a lot of hairdressers don't know enough about henna to pick it from box dye anyway!

When I told a hairdresser friend I used henna she freaked out :rolleyes: she told me my hair would melt if I used chemical dye or bleach over it... I was very skeptical, because I HAVE dyed chemically over henna and my hair DID NOT melt. I later found out the explanation as to WHY she'd have been taught this in the first place, and tried to explain it to her (that henna dye with metallic salts was responsible for the melted hair, and pure henna was not) but I don't think she believed me!!

Easier just to say you coloured it without telling them HOW!

Wildcat Diva
February 12th, 2013, 12:21 PM
So, since there is difficulty finding ammo right now where I live (and from what I understand, many parts of the US), I have resorted to standing in line, often for an hour or two at the local sporting goods store when the supply trucks come in thrice a week. I see the same 15-20 people about every week and we get to chatting this past month or so.

I show up today, and this one lady I recognized from the week before sees me and says
"oh, hey! This is the first time I've seen you with your hair down!" (It's only APL)

I smiled and said, "yeah!" (What else to say?)

I thought it was a funny thing for someone who doesn't really know me to say.
She's seen me like five or six times, maybe.

SnowWhite
February 12th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Conversations with my mum involved every now and then.

Mum: "Alexandra, you should really brush your hair!"
Me: "Yeah..."
Mum: "It's good for your hair! Brush it directly after your shower!"
Me: "NO!" *Horror*
Brother: "It's NOT good for your hair! She told me that!"

Me; "Mum... I don't like my hair at the moment..."
Mum; "Hmm?"
Me; "I don't think it suits me. Did you like my short hair?"
Mum; "Yes, it looked so wonderful. It really framed your face!"
Me; "So, and what do you think about growing out my hair? I'm thinking about cutting it again. But then I told you I wanted loooong hair. Sigh. I don't know what to do."
Mum; "NOOOOO DON'T CUT IT!"
Me; "So, what do you prefer on me. Short or long hair?"
Mum; "Everything suits you, darling..."
Me; "And what about my bangs? Do you like them straight, side swept or just no bangs at all?"
Mum; "Uhhh, everything looks fine on you!"
Me; "Mum, please... I need some help!"
Mum; "Ehmmm... straight bangs"
Me; "But I don't like straight bangs... I think I should grow them out. I've seen other girls with high foreheads with no bangs. I think I look better without. What do you think?"
Mum; "Yeah, sure! Do whatever you like."

* a few months later *

Me; "Mum?? Have you seen my forehead? It's so huge... I think I look better with bangs."
Mum; "Yeah, you're right. I prefer you with side swept bangs."
Me; "....mum?"
Mum; "Hmmm?"
Me; "Do you really think it's a good idea to grow my hair?"
Mum; "Yes of course!!!!! I think you will look very pretty with long hair! I forbid you to cut it! Don't even think of it!"
Me; "So you didn't like my short hair then?"
Mum; "Yes I did!! But now you said you are growing your hair, so stick to your plan!"
Me; "...... it feels so.... so....."
Mum; "Don't worry, it will grow! I'll help you to achieve your goal! Shall I do something fancy with your hair now? Braiding it or so? Wait, I'll do something nice!"

Voila upside down french braid bun, or another fancy hairstyle I can't do myself.

:blossom: I love my mum!!

Wildcat Diva
February 12th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Awwwww! Mums are sweet!

MidnightStar
February 12th, 2013, 04:16 PM

That is very sweet.

Was talking with one of the strippers at my work the other day who has rather long hair. ended up on the topic of hair maintenance and I mentioned to her that since I have REALLY dry and brittle hair I only wash mine once a week. she was completely floored by that and just couldn't understand that with how dry my hair is naturally washing any more often then that just doesn't work (for about 2 or 3 days after wash day its pretty much just a giant ball of fuzz on my head)

I'm almost glad I didn't tell her that i'm currently doing water only washing since any shampoo with how short my hair is would leave it a perpetual fried mess even if I did use conditioner. would probably have given her a heart attack. and my boss has told me that I'm not allowed to kill the strippers or I have to subsidize the money the bar would loose :p

Ha!
Another from a lunch meeting today. I was wearing my hair up in a cinnabun with a fork:
Male Friend, horrified: Did you get a HAIRCUT??
Me: No, I'm just wearing it up.
Female Friend: Oh yeah, she's always got her hair up.
Male Friend: But...it's so long! It's down to your (pause) butt! How did you get it all up?

I think my favorite part of that one was the pause before he said butt. LOL.

Xan
February 12th, 2013, 05:18 PM
wow Xan!
you just donated 12"???? and your braid is 33"?????:agape:
DH just shaved bold, how i wish he had long hair like you:thud:
i am in awe:crush:

Thanks Alyaziaaah I wish more lady's felt that way. : )

Vrindi
February 12th, 2013, 05:18 PM
Conversations with my mum involved every now and then.

Mum: "Alexandra, you should really brush your hair!"
Me: "Yeah..."
Mum: "It's good for your hair! Brush it directly after your shower!"
Me: "NO!" *Horror*
Brother: "It's NOT good for your hair! She told me that!"

Me; "Mum... I don't like my hair at the moment..."
Mum; "Hmm?"
Me; "I don't think it suits me. Did you like my short hair?"
Mum; "Yes, it looked so wonderful. It really framed your face!"
Me; "So, and what do you think about growing out my hair? I'm thinking about cutting it again. But then I told you I wanted loooong hair. Sigh. I don't know what to do."
Mum; "NOOOOO DON'T CUT IT!"
Me; "So, what do you prefer on me. Short or long hair?"
Mum; "Everything suits you, darling..."
Me; "And what about my bangs? Do you like them straight, side swept or just no bangs at all?"
Mum; "Uhhh, everything looks fine on you!"
Me; "Mum, please... I need some help!"
Mum; "Ehmmm... straight bangs"
Me; "But I don't like straight bangs... I think I should grow them out. I've seen other girls with high foreheads with no bangs. I think I look better without. What do you think?"
Mum; "Yeah, sure! Do whatever you like."

* a few months later *

Me; "Mum?? Have you seen my forehead? It's so huge... I think I look better with bangs."
Mum; "Yeah, you're right. I prefer you with side swept bangs."
Me; "....mum?"
Mum; "Hmmm?"
Me; "Do you really think it's a good idea to grow my hair?"
Mum; "Yes of course!!!!! I think you will look very pretty with long hair! I forbid you to cut it! Don't even think of it!"
Me; "So you didn't like my short hair then?"
Mum; "Yes I did!! But now you said you are growing your hair, so stick to your plan!"
Me; "...... it feels so.... so....."
Mum; "Don't worry, it will grow! I'll help you to achieve your goal! Shall I do something fancy with your hair now? Braiding it or so? Wait, I'll do something nice!"

Voila upside down french braid bun, or another fancy hairstyle I can't do myself.

:blossom: I love my mum!!

Wow. Your mom is awesome. Conversations with mine always started with, "You'd look so much prettier if..." She was always telling me to cut it or bleach it. It was horrible.

Seeshami
February 12th, 2013, 07:50 PM
My coworker M, was talking about hair with a customer.

M: But Alicia's hair is ALL the way DOWN to HERE *points at tbl*
Customer: *stares, shocked awed*

Both seemed impressed and all I could think was about it not being all that long. :rollin:

Wildcat Diva
February 12th, 2013, 11:41 PM
DS 13: sends me a text message telling me about this app where you can get a photo album made and a "book" of your photos gets mailed to you. His friend gave him a coupon.

This is actually his IMessages cut and pasted:

"Look at what Gio gave me!**It's a app where you can have a photo book of up to 100 photos!**It's only like $3 for a book but he gave me this coupon so we can get a free photo book."

And this next bit is the best part:

"He gave us 2 so you could use one for your hair."
"100 photos of your hair in a book!"

I think I've gone too far with the hair photos thing. I think I've scarred my kids.

Natalia
February 12th, 2013, 11:55 PM
Bought a big bottle of bronners at target and when i checked out the cashier asked me if i used it to wash my hair :)! I dont but how cool is that? She said she wanted to try it so i pointed her here for articles and friendly advice :)

joflakes
February 13th, 2013, 01:21 AM
Loving these! I just remembered one from work (I work in a primary school).

Child: Miss, your hair is TURNING BROWN! (looking disturbed and confused) (I have ombre hair)
Me: Which colour do you prefer..?
Child: I love the red!! (looking really overexcited)

Aww....I love kids!

beryl
February 26th, 2013, 01:32 AM
Today I tried my first sock bun.

When I mentioned that I'd bought an old sock from the op-shop, my sisters asked what for.

Me: For my hair.
Sis: Really?
Me: It's in there now (turn to show her my hairdo)
Sis: No it isn't. I can't see a sock.
Me: It's under my hair.
Sis: You have a SOCK in your hair?
Me: Yes.
Sis: EW! You didn't wash it first!?
Me: It was clean!
Sis: Ew, a sock!

browneyedsusan
February 26th, 2013, 02:06 AM
This thread needs a "like" button!
Here's mine:
"Hi! I haven't seen you in a while. Did you get extensions?"
Oh
My
Goodness!!! :spitting:

neko_kawaii
February 26th, 2013, 07:18 AM
While leaning down to give my husband a kiss my braid slid down and smacked him in the face. He flicked it out of the way in annoyance and it few around to smack him on the other side of the face. At this point I collapsed in laughter and he demanded to know where I'd hidden his ink wells.

PraiseCheeses
February 26th, 2013, 07:38 AM
While leaning down to give my husband a kiss my braid slid down and smacked him in the face. He flicked it out of the way in annoyance and it few around to smack him on the other side of the face. At this point I collapsed in laughter and he demanded to know where I'd hidden his ink wells.

Ha! Comedy gold!

My mom had pin-straight hair all her life - until about two years ago. Menopause hit, and suddenly she had to figure out wurly hair.

Mom: "I've finally figured it out - if I don't brush it, it actually looks better! Now I know why you hated having your hair brushed!"

Me: :agree: "Yeah - and all those times you told me I only needed a pea-sized bit of conditioner and just on the ends? Guess what - if you use all conditioner and no shampoo, your hair still gets clean and it'll be softer AND curlier."

Mom: "Really?! What else do you know about curly hair?"

She now has aloe and coconut oil, and uses the OCM with jojoba and castor oils. It was so funny to watch her discover that curly hair has different needs. :)

Bagginslover
February 26th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Brushing my hair ready to braid for bed-DBF is in bed watching.

Me-Where does my hair come down to now?
DBF- (pokes just below waist) Here. Its so pretty! Can I brush it?!
Me *melt*

Sterlyn
February 26th, 2013, 08:41 AM
I love this thread, it cracks me up......

and Bagginslover, that is just so sweet :)

islandboo
February 26th, 2013, 12:39 PM
I was taking a class last semester and regularly wore my hair up for it. However, one night I was sick and exhausted so I just wore it braided. The girl next to me spent about five minutes exclaiming over how astonished she was by how long my hair is (tailbone, but it is extremely fine and tapered, so my buns are not much bigger than an apricot). Then, she started going on about how thin it is, and how she never thought she'd meet anyone with thinner hair than she had (gee, thanks for noticing, LOL). I replied that it is thin, but it is perfectly healthy, and she agreed that I didn't have any split ends or anything and it is really pretty but it is just so thin! ...Sigh...

spirals
February 28th, 2013, 01:39 AM
Me: "....and catnip can stain your grays blonder so they are like highlights."
Friend: "Catnip?!?? Like, for cats?!?"
Me: "Yeah, but--"
Friend [cuts me off]: "Girl, you are crazy. I should call you Crazy Catnip Lady."

I've decided that's my official title.

MORE
February 28th, 2013, 11:35 PM
Loving these! I just remembered one from work (I work in a primary school).

Child: Miss, your hair is TURNING BROWN! (looking disturbed and confused) (I have ombre hair)
Me: Which colour do you prefer..?
Child: I love the red!! (looking really overexcited)

Aww....I love kids!

This is so cute! Kids <3

TheMechaGinger
March 1st, 2013, 12:36 AM
DF and I shower together a lot and we both have long hair and it gets everywhere. The other night we're laying in bed...
DF: "What the hell!"
Me: "What is it?"
DF: "I just pulled a long red hair out of my butt"
Me: "Gross"
DF: "It's your fault it's there!"

ghost
March 1st, 2013, 12:40 AM
My friend and I were watching Little Britain together and it led to a discussion about what we would or wouldn't (or could or couldn't) do if we had no arms or legs.

Me: How the hell would I take care of my hair?!
Her: I know you, Lily, you'd be sitting there without any arms or legs yelling for the rest of us to do it. "Can someone please put coconut oil in my hair and comb it? And can you wash my hair with beer?"

...yeah, the girl knows me well xD

neko_kawaii
March 11th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Dr. to my son: Who did you bring with you?
Son: (mumbles his father's name)
Dr: How is he related to you?
Son: We both have short hair.

melusine963
March 11th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Dr. to my son: Who did you bring with you?
Son: (mumbles his father's name)
Dr: How is he related to you?
Son: We both have short hair.

That's adorable! :rollin:

spirals
April 13th, 2013, 02:17 AM
My coworker called out to me from the main hallway today: "Spirals--I thought of you the other day! I was combing out my horse's tail...."

beryl
April 13th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Another sock bun conversation:

Friend: Wow, you have so much hair!
Me: Thanks. Actually I'm wearing a sock bun today so there's a sock in there somewhere...
Friend: A SOCK??
Friend: ... You washed it, right?

I thought sock buns were kind of widespread? :shrug: I've seen quite a few girls wearing them.

CurlyCurves
April 13th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Love this!

CSallaround
April 13th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Can't think of any hair conversations as of late.

My mum is surprisingly encouraging me to grow my hair longer. She's never had hair longer than hovering above shoulder so maybe that's why she likes it so much.

My BF is black and my shed hairs get stuck in his hair and his beard ALL.the.time. He randomly pulls my hairs out of his beard (it's funny how many hairs can hide in there when I think of how short it actually is) and holds them up in front of my hair telling me to eat them O.o

spirals
April 13th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Another sock bun conversation:

Friend: Wow, you have so much hair!
Me: Thanks. Actually I'm wearing a sock bun today so there's a sock in there somewhere...
Friend: A SOCK??
Friend: ... You washed it, right?

I thought sock buns were kind of widespread? :shrug: I've seen quite a few girls wearing them.Yeah, but they're all using donuts bought at the beauty supply.

Wildcat Diva
April 13th, 2013, 10:28 PM
LOL too true, Spirals!

Zindell
April 14th, 2013, 12:01 AM
DS 13:

"He gave us 2 so you could use one for your hair."
"100 photos of your hair in a book!"

Darling son! :o

Sarahlabyrinth
April 14th, 2013, 12:33 AM
I was out having lunch with my elderly mother this last week and she asked me how long I was going to grow my hair. I answered that I would grow it until it was long enough. She paused, thought for a moment, then said, "Well, when you die can we cut all your hair off and keep it?" I cracked up laughing and said yes of course, I wouldn't be needing it then.

Wildcat Diva
April 16th, 2013, 09:21 PM
Oh my goodness, here's one that finally doesn't involve my family members.

Background: I'm going to a training out of town for work. Three nights. Three other therapists besides me are going. All pretty nice ladies, I've known them for a while. Well, we get this email from our finance department:

Subject: Hotel Changes
FYI:
Changes made to your hotel reservations.
Lori’s reservation cancelled. (One of the other therapists)
Sharing room with Wildcat Diva. Please use Wildcat Diva’s confirmation number.

So, annoyingly, now we won't have private rooms! No matter how cool this other lady is, that's kind of jacked up. (Cheapos!)

So, I email the other lady I'm now rooming with to touch base on the situation:
The body of the email reads:

I hope I don’t snore.

Or alarm you with any weird hair deep treatments. (She knows I'm a LHC member/ do lots of "odd" things with my hair)

She emails me back:
Ha!
Well, I do snore!
So, maybe you should plan some really weird hair treatment to even things out!

So I reply:
Ha! All right, I’ll collect some ingredients.

But… update… Mr. Diva just told me that I DO snore. :( so, bummer.

That was kind of fun playing with all those colors for the text.

Sarahlabyrinth
April 18th, 2013, 03:14 AM
This morning I was getting the peanut butter out to have some on toast for breakfast. My sister said to me "Are you going to put that on your hair?" I replied, "No, I'm going to eat it."
She replied "Well you put so many other weird things on your hair you had me wondering."

My thought in response was, "No I don't, only oil - what's wrong with oil?" She thinks I am totally loopy....I didn't bother mentioning that you can actually buy hair products containing oil these days...

piffyanne
April 21st, 2013, 05:37 PM
Dbf just said "I told someone about hyena hair dye today."

He apparently got the facts right, but it makes me giggle.

shutterpillar
April 21st, 2013, 05:59 PM
DH was caulking our roof this evening, and was standing on a ladder which I was bracing for him. As he was caulking, he dripped a little and immediately says something along the lines of "watch your hair... this stuff is getting messy."

I just thought it was hilarious (and kinda sweet) that he knows how much I love and protect my hair, and wanted to make sure I keep it from imminent danger of dribbles from the caulking gun. ;)

spirals
April 21st, 2013, 08:22 PM
^D'awww. I want one.

Latte Lady
April 21st, 2013, 09:56 PM
My four year old nephew came in while I was braiding my hair and was just thrilled to watch me do it, for some reason. "You're making a rope hair!"

My sister and I were making D&D characters for an old fashioned table top game and she got really excited. "You could take a potion that makes you go into a frenzy and then whip your braid around and cut them in half!" I don't know how one cuts anyone in half with a braid or would want to wash it after.

Wildcat Diva
April 21st, 2013, 09:58 PM
So I came out into the living room this evening after putting on my new satin sleep cap in preparation for going to bed soon. DH takes a gander, puts on his glasses to see better, and smiles. I'm waiting...
"So what's with your little muffin hat?"
I didn't even reply. Short conversation, huh?

spirals
May 5th, 2013, 11:03 PM
In Sunday school, I was wearing a T-shirt like this along with a tee-shirt like this (just 'cause it's cute): [img]http://thumbs1.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mUuWerrvHbt3ncGUMHhio8Q.j and had my hair in twin english braids. One of my students told me she didn't think I was having a bad hair day.

Olavi
May 12th, 2013, 11:03 AM
I took nice picture of myself this morning, and shared it in Facebook. In comment area I had funny conversationt with friend who's from another country, but visits here in Finland every year.

he: Your hair looks better than mine in the mornings! Must be the Finnish thing. I better get over there again!
me: You know, I might keep my comb nearby at night ;D But anyway, your arrival would be very desirable.
he: Finnish comb. Doing it like a boss. :D
me: Actually it is Chinese one. I bought it few months ago from etsy. But it really do make my hair look and feel amazing <3
he: Hrr, but considering the film Jade Warrior, then that makes the comb Finnish regardless of its Chinese origin - aha!

He sure was convinced that my good looking "bed head" is Finnish thing - in one way or another :'D

Lovelyharper
May 12th, 2013, 02:44 PM
I had tried henna for the first time on my dark brown hair and it came out a dark coppery color. I got excited and decided to show my mom. Sshe looked at it and then asked why I felt I needed to dye my hair a color that wasn't my natural. I said, why do -you- dye your hair a color that isn't natural. My mom has been chemical dying her hair for as long as I can remember. Mothers....
But she also did say she liked it and when I first walked up she thought I was my grandmother.

Seeshami
May 12th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Co-worker- You have clips now!
Seeshami-yeah I got them at lunch
Co-worker- but your braid was cool
Seeshami- I was tired of dealing with it
Co-worker- couldn't you cut it
Seeshami- why would I cut it when I can put it in a bun.
Co-worker- it's less work to have short hair.
Seeshami- but then I would have to wash it
Co-worker- you really do have a cold *oblivious to the fact I try to skip washes*

Sarahlabyrinth
May 12th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Co-worker- You have clips now!
Seeshami-yeah I got them at lunch
Co-worker- but your braid was cool
Seeshami- I was tired of dealing with it
Co-worker- couldn't you cut it
Seeshami- why would I cut it when I can put it in a bun.
Co-worker- it's less work to have short hair.
Seeshami- but then I would have to wash it
Co-worker- you really do have a cold *oblivious to the fact I try to skip washes*

That's so funny - love it!

battles
May 12th, 2013, 06:43 PM
I was talking to my boyfriend about how blow drying hair takes too much effort, and how I know he likes it straight but it just isn't worth it.

He says, "Baby! I like your hair up. I like your hair down. I like your hair with bangs. I like your hair in a braid. I like your hair in a ponytail. I like your hair in a bun. I like your hair! It's pretty!"

Text can't quite capture the inflection, but he sounded sweet and complimentary rather than annoyed and trying to reassure me so I'd stop whining about it. :p

Bagginslover
May 13th, 2013, 02:16 AM
I was talking to my boyfriend about how blow drying hair takes too much effort, and how I know he likes it straight but it just isn't worth it.

He says, "Baby! I like your hair up. I like your hair down. I like your hair with bangs. I like your hair in a braid. I like your hair in a ponytail. I like your hair in a bun. I like your hair! It's pretty!"

Text can't quite capture the inflection, but he sounded sweet and complimentary rather than annoyed and trying to reassure me so I'd stop whining about it. :p

KEEPER!!! Thats adorable!!

Seeshami
May 13th, 2013, 07:50 AM

I like your hair in a box? I like your hair on a fox? I like your hair here and there? I like your hair everywhere?

Sorry I couldn't help myself.

Coolcombination
May 13th, 2013, 08:00 AM
My fiancée and I were talking and I was complaining about looking ugly with my hair up but I had to to try and protect my ends. And he said I prefer your hair up so I can see your beautiful face baby.

door72067
May 13th, 2013, 08:36 AM
I like your hair in a box? I like your hair on a fox? I like your hair here and there? I like your hair everywhere?

omg!! ~my~ brain went there too!! lol

battles
May 13th, 2013, 11:13 AM
KEEPER!!! Thats adorable!!

He absolutely is!

That's how it sounded, too! I'm surprised he didn't take it in that direction..

Seeshami
May 13th, 2013, 12:57 PM
I love Dr. Seuss. I was sooooooooo disapointed in the new lorax movie.

spirals
May 13th, 2013, 02:47 PM
My fiancée and I were talking and I was complaining about looking ugly with my hair up but I had to to try and protect my ends. And he said I prefer your hair up so I can see your beautiful face baby.*melts* :love: :love:

Wildcat Diva
June 14th, 2013, 01:02 PM
Today's gem:

DS9: Hey Mom?

Me: yeah?

DS9: Do you remember your first hair fork?

Me: yeah......?

DS9: Do you still have it? And was it a stick or a fork?

Me: Yes, I still have it. And it was a fork.

DS9: Can you show it to me?

Me: Yeah, later. I'm actually thinking of selling it, I don't like it so much anymore.

DS9: No, you should keep it, for the memories.

(Hoarder enabler!)

spirals
June 14th, 2013, 11:14 PM

Sorry I couldn't help myself.Yeah, I went all Dr. Seuss, too.

Wildcat Diva
June 22nd, 2013, 05:15 PM
So, I'm at my space in front of the bathroom mirror, fussing with my nautilus bun, repositioning my Elymwold fork. I'm using my hand mirror to check it out. The door's open, so DS 9 pops by, takes a look at my hair.

DS9: sucks his breath in, makes squinchy face, turns head sideways, gives a little hiss. (humor me...do it, and you'll 'get' the expression)
"SSsssssssssh... Mom... that... does. not. look. good."

me: It doesn't look like a bun?"

DS9: "It's a wanna-be bun."

spirals
June 22nd, 2013, 05:36 PM
I love that you and your son have bonded over your hair. :lol:

Wildcat Diva
June 22nd, 2013, 06:02 PM
Yes, my hair obsession has had a strange effect on our family.

Last night:
DH: (looks lovingly my way) Awwww, pretty braid.

Me: It's just a side braid.

DH: (In a sweet little voice) But it's YOUR braid.

Believe me, our family dynamics are so jacked up at other times that these little
cute moments really stand out as gems.

Sarahlabyrinth
June 22nd, 2013, 10:42 PM
I have a recently acquired SO. The other day he said "I love your hair." I asked him why and he said "Because it's YOUR hair."lol. He loves to have his nose buried in it.

On another occasion I took my hair out of it's Nautilus-with -hair-fork and noticed him staring looking surprised. "Where are all the hairpins?" he asked, and looked as if he didn't entirely believe me when I explained that the fork was holding up the hair and that no hairpins are required...

Wildcat Diva
June 22nd, 2013, 10:48 PM
He sounds so sweet! It sounds like you are working the long hair intrigue thing! Keep it up, and I hope it goes well for you. New relationships are can be full of amazement and excitement, enjoy it!

Sarahlabyrinth
June 23rd, 2013, 06:06 AM
Thank you Wildcat - he is SO sweet I keep wondering when I am going to wake up from this dream...he just wants to do anything in the world to make me happy...

beryl
June 29th, 2013, 07:27 PM
A few months ago, a complete stranger came up to me at uni:

Her: You're an arts student, right?
Me: Uh, yes. Yes, I am. How did you know?
Her: Oh, you have a coloured pencil in your hair.

I've never seen anyone else with a pencil in their hair, though, so I'm not sure how she guessed it from that. :rolleyes:

Sarahlabyrinth
June 30th, 2013, 04:45 PM
My SO called me his Rapunzel the other day - SO cute! But slightly exaggerated, I am only MBL! But I liked it anyway!

BlueMuse
June 30th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Brother's Fiancee: I'm not a big fan of Panteen, it gives me hives.
Me: Yeah, Herbal Essence does that to me. That's why I use Garnier Fructis.
Dad: What?
Brother: I don't know. They're either talking about hair or salad.

My mother in law had been telling me that one of her great-nieces had been obsessing over my mom in law's "long pretty hair" so she figured that she'd like my hair even more since it's super long in comparison (mother in law has shoulder length hair).
Mom in law: So what do you think of her hair?
Niece: It's scary.
I have too much hair apparently.

Someone: Wow look at that braid.
Mom: Yeah, her hair is down to her knees (kind of bragging).
Me: Mom, my hair isn't knee length yet.
Mom: Close enough.
Listening to my mom talk about my hair is kind of like listening to someone tell a fish story. It just keeps getting bigger (or longer in this case).

Friend: Yeah, I see you and your creepy-ass hair. Just stay where you are.
(To be fair, we'd just watched The Grudge and I was trying to traumatize him.)

door72067
July 7th, 2013, 09:36 AM
said to me (I am dusting waist-length)

"did you ever hear the thing they used to say years ago that the longer your hair gets, the more strength you lose?"

O.o (<-- me)

reply: ~laughs~ no, but I don't see how it could be true when hair isn't a living thing. How could it take away strength?

"hair isn't a living thing?"

I walked away

spirals
July 26th, 2013, 11:30 PM
So Coworker J wears a topknot every day. She's petite, so it seems a bit prominent on her head. It's cute, though. I never wear a topknot, except in the shower.

This morning I put it up and then didn't have time to do anything else with it, so I went to work and told Coworker K, "I'm channeling J." She laughed when she got what I was saying and then remarked that when she watches J walk, she wonders if "that thing pulls her." (J is slight and walks deliberately, like a ballerina. She looks like one with that bun, too.)

spirals
July 28th, 2013, 05:15 PM
Went to the mall with 2 friends today. I found a metal cuff bracelet and asked D if she thought I could make a bun cover out of it. She said, "You wouldn't be able to fit your bun in that." I was pleased.

LochNessMonster
July 29th, 2013, 12:15 AM
First post on LHC! Yay!:D

I am in a lot of funny situations with my friends regarding hair. Here's one-

Background info: My classmates and I have been working on a movie this summer, and one day, we were a bit pressed for time. We had to get all the actors' makeup and costumes on as quickly as possible. The girl getting makeup done had awesome, thick, waist-length hair. She asked the person closest to her (which happened to be a guy who is basically clueless when it comes to hair :)) to brush it for her. This is what happened:

Guy: *takes brush, shrugs, and tries to rake it aggressively through girl's hair* "Ugh, why is this so difficult?"
Girl: Ow!
Me: *intervenes* "That's not supposed to hurt; you have to work from the bottom up!"

A second guy walks by and says-
"Well, you heard her." He takes the brush from the first guy. "Work from the bottom up." He then pretends to brush backwards from tip to root.

Me: "That's no good either. Do you want me to try?"
Girl: "Yes, please! You have long and pretty hair; you're probably a pro at this!"
Me: "You've got that right!" I start brushing.
Girl: "Yep, I can feel the difference already! No pain."

This exchange made me laugh! :D

spirals
July 29th, 2013, 03:21 PM
^ Sometimes I look at my friend's daughter's hair and say, "Drew did her hair today, huh?" She just laughs.

Coolcombination
July 29th, 2013, 03:54 PM
I had my engagement party recently and in one of the pics I had my hair all over one shoulder.
My dad: why do you have your hair over one shoulder?
Me: well my face is flushed so u can see that it's warm so I've pulled it off my neck
My dad: yeah but why would that make a difference
Me: I was going to put it in an updo but u said it looked better down
My dad: so having your hair down makes you warmer? *quizzical look at me*

BlueMuse
July 29th, 2013, 07:32 PM
Today I got called "a gorgeous brunette Rapunzel" by a lady at a local mineral shop so that was pretty awesome :)

MunaZaldrizoti
July 29th, 2013, 07:43 PM
My mother came home from grocery shopping with a carton of eggs and told me I wasn't to use them in my hair. :lol:

Vampyria
July 30th, 2013, 08:05 PM
My male cousin was visiting by bike and he has past APL wavy hair. He's taking really good care of it, using oils and such. I never saw him wearing a ponytail though. So I saw a black hair elastic without a metal part on the counter. I leave those things everywhere and I'm always loosing them. So I was happy to find another one, since I just needed it. Later when my cousin was going home he looked a bit confused and like he's looking for something.

Me: Lost something?
Cousin: I can't find my elastic, I put it there.
Me: Oh, here you are :grin: (pulling it out of my hair).

FuzzyBlackWaves
July 31st, 2013, 10:03 AM
I wore my chop sticks out to the beach yesterday. Hilarity and cuteness ensued.

Small child: Mummy, is she Chinese?
Mum: Huh? Oh, no, I don't think so.
Small child: Then why does she have chop sticks in her hair?
Mum: Because sometimes people want hair out of their face.
Small child: But why not a hair tie?
Mum: Because chop sticks hold your hair tighter to your head.
Small child: Are you sure she's not Chinese?
Mum: I don't think so... she has double eyelids.

;)

Also...

My grandma: Give me your hair.
Me: Huh?
My grandma: I'll just like, remove your scalp, and replace it back onto my head.
Me: .... shudder:

Olavi
July 31st, 2013, 11:57 PM
This happened few weeks ago, and wasn't that hilarious, but still...

Mom: Your hair is longer! (*with some seriously surprised tone in voice*)
Me: Considering the last time we met was over month ago, I wouldn't be so surprised...

trolleypup
August 8th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Woman sitting down next to me at the restaurant bar, I'm sorry, did I whack you with my hair?

Not hardly, but you are getting there! (She was about TBL)

neko_kawaii
August 9th, 2013, 08:24 AM
I was sitting on the porch with a book and a cup of tea when a long haired neighbor walked by and said, "Oh, you cut your hair." In a very sad voice. I patted my bun and reassured her that it was just tucked away.

Suze2012
August 9th, 2013, 09:41 AM
At the hairdresser last weekend I had already had my hair wetted down and had my own conditioner put through it (which I always ask them to do anyway).
Then back in my seat I pulled out my leave in conditioner and my Boots Essentials (dirt cheap value range) curl creme and the look on the washer's face when she saw it was a picture - 'you use Boots Essentials!!??' She looked like she had seen a ghost! Lol!

Then when my cut had been done my hair dresser sprayed my hair with water (which I had asked her to do) and then I got up, put my leave in on, curl creme in and used my own towel to scrunch while she watched.
When I straightened myself up I became aware half the salon was watching me.
Next thing is my hairdresser asked if I was busy later and could I pop back when it was dry as she was in awe that doing that little and leaving it virtually sopping wet made it look good dry...hehe!
My HD knows me and my ways now but had never before seen me style it.

neko_kawaii
August 10th, 2013, 10:41 PM
As I was combing my hair before bed my husband said, "Sometimes when I'm walking to work I'll feel like I've walked through a spider web. I'll tug on my sleeve to try to find it and I'll find the hair and keep pulling and pulling and pulling."

"I bet the birds appreciate that."

"And it's not a cat hair."

DancingGirl
August 11th, 2013, 12:04 AM

OHHHH! That is so sweet of him. :)

FireFromWithin
August 11th, 2013, 12:19 AM
I was away with my family the past week and we went out to dinner. One night I thought I'd leave my hair down, big mistake, but I had a pencil in my hair so I threw it up in a nautilus.

Mum: is that a pencil in your hair?
Me: yes
Dad: why do you have a pencil in your hair?
Me: it was annoying me and all I had was the pencil
Dad: but its a pencil
Queue incredulous looks all the way around the table. I think one of my parents repeated the word pencil several times but I've forgotten which one...

Wildcat Diva
August 28th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Hey, this next one fits in GREAT as a continuation of the "pencil" comment....

So I was walking into the office today, and I had my hair up with two plain dark blue PM hairsticks. I decided to take my hair down at the last minute. I put my keys and binder and hairsticks down on the table in the office I'm sharing with another lady. I walk into the meeting room, and in a moment my co-worker comes in with her planner and sits down.

I take a look at her, holding one of my hairsticks as she cradles her planner in the crook of her arm.

"So... you planning on taking notes with that?"

She looks down incredulously.

"It's one of my hairsticks," I explain.

"Ohhhhhh, sorry, yeah I guess that wouldn't work too well, now would it?" she says.

"Nope!" LOL.

spirals
September 26th, 2013, 10:31 PM
A really little boy today asked about "the things in my hair." I explained they were special chopsticks to hold it up and pulled one out for him to inspect. It was so cute. I tell ya, I'm trainin' 'em early to be supportive boyfriends/husbands.

Seeshami
September 26th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Seeshami walks into restaurant.
Coworker R: there's Seeshami!
Coworker M's hubs: the one with the hair?
Coworker R and M: the LONG hair
Samsung rep: your hair Is long Seeshami? How long?
Seeshami: I am not taking it down so here is a picture. * passes around phone*
Coworker M: this is how long I want my hair hubs
M's hubs: *looks skeptical at the picture and then at m * that's how long I want your hair then
Coworker R: how long did it take to grow it out?
Seeshami: about 6 years
Everyone: :agape:

MeowScat
September 27th, 2013, 02:13 AM
Sitting across the table from my 4 year old nephew while I had a bun held with a hairstick:

Him: why do you have a pencil in your hair?

Me: because it keeps my hair up out of my face.

Him: why?

Me: it's annoying when my hair gets in the way.

Me: because I can't see what I'm doing when my hair is down.

Me: do you like to ask why?

Him: no, why?

spirals
September 30th, 2013, 11:42 AM
I just texted my crush that I'm looking forward to being able to stand up on my hair accidently [around mid-calf] and he texted "You are a strange one, you know that?" I told him we're all a little crazy on the LHC. (He knows I post here and still likes me, supports my goal, even. <3)

chen bao jun
September 30th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Hubby to me: You are making me as crazy as you are.
Me: How?
Hubby:Do you remember that nice little blonde girl who gave the talk last Wednesday night on her mission trip to Africa?
Me: Yes, she was very interesting and also very attractive.
Hubby: I wouldn't know, all I could think about while she talked was, her hair isn't naturally straight, it's flat ironed.

spirals
October 20th, 2013, 01:03 AM
I have an online crush whom I haven't met in person yet. He's seen only pics with my hair--which he calls "epic," lol--down or in braids. I sent him a pic of me with my hair in a bun. His response: "I'm wondering where you put all your hair."

Casey50
October 20th, 2013, 05:29 AM
Hubby to me: You are making me as crazy as you are.
Me: How?
Hubby:Do you remember that nice little blonde girl who gave the talk last Wednesday night on her mission trip to Africa?
Me: Yes, she was very interesting and also very attractive.
Hubby: I wouldn't know, all I could think about while she talked was, her hair isn't naturally straight, it's flat ironed.

Thats so sweet!

i was at my son's high school swim meet and I told my dh how much I admired a LH. She had strawberry blond hair all one length to her hips in a single braid. We actually had a whole conversation about how that was exactly the color and length of his sisters' hair when they were in hs. I told him how much I admired that her hair was natural and one length. I told him that was my goal and he was supportive. :) He now accepts my LH focus. :)

NuclearApple
October 20th, 2013, 06:10 AM
last day i was at a birthday and I wore my hair down,all my friends started saying:"oooh sandra (me :p) with her hair down!it's beautiful!she's rapunzel!" and when we went out to get some good air two girls started touching it calling me rapunzel :o
it makes me very happy and motivated to grow it longer,it made my week end :)

then last week I was doing a hot oil treatment with olive oil,and my grandma said:"you are killing your roots you don't have to do this!you'll be bald!"
she has very thin hair and just to make it healthier...she uses a plastic brush and tonnes of hairspry every day,every single morning.
I bet she finishes a hs bottle in one week.

neko_kawaii
November 6th, 2013, 01:13 PM
This morning one of my son's classmates said, "Your hair is long! It looks like it goes all the way to the ground."

Made me laugh.

Seeshami
November 7th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Sweet child asked me if he could swing on it because he kept sneaking up behind me and a tried to bop him with it by taking the stick out and letting it fall out of the bun.

Spindle
November 7th, 2013, 11:49 AM
I've had my hair in updo's for the past 2 years (benign neglect) so my almost 3 year old son is not used to seeing Mummy with long hair (hip length).
Yesterday I wore it in two long braids to my waist,

Son: "Mummy, please tie your hair up!! Why you not have it up?!"
Me: "Why, don't you like it like this?"
Son: "No it's too scary!"
Me: "Aw, don't you think it looks lovely?"
Son: "....*sigh*...... oooookaaaaaay"

:rolleyes:

Skade
November 7th, 2013, 01:32 PM
I've had my hair in updo's for the past 2 years (benign neglect) so my almost 3 year old son is not used to seeing Mummy with long hair (hip length).
Yesterday I wore it in two long braids to my waist,

Son: "Mummy, please tie your hair up!! Why you not have it up?!"
Me: "Why, don't you like it like this?"
Son: "No it's too scary!"
Me: "Aw, don't you think it looks lovely?"
Son: "....*sigh*...... oooookaaaaaay"

:rolleyes:

:lol: I can really picture it. Gotta love kids and their comments!

Wildcat Diva
December 14th, 2013, 12:34 AM
DH: "Your hair is getting REALLY long. Just look at it."
me: "thanks!"
DH: "I mean it's almost as long as mine used to be."
me: "What! Like your hair wasn't almost to your waist or anything."
DH: "Well, it was at least to the middle of my back. You remember?"

I think his hair wasn't quite as long as he remembers it to be (cut in 1999). It was long, yes... I'm going to have to break out the photos, aren't I?

Wildcat Diva
December 31st, 2013, 10:05 PM
DS9: "Mom, they should make a video game for you, it should be a first person, like Skyrim, but the weapons are like hair sticks and hair forks.
And you start out the game bald, but as you play the game you can grow your hair really long."

He's such a freak.

lapushka
January 1st, 2014, 05:59 AM
DS9: "Mom, they should make a video game for you, it should be a first person, like Skyrim, but the weapons are like hair sticks and hair forks.
And you start out the game bald, but as you play the game you can grow your hair really long."

He's such a freak.

Haha! :lol: That's neat, actually. How the heck do kids come up with this stuff! ;)

Olavi
January 12th, 2014, 07:51 AM
I was shopping with friends yesterday, and I was looking some hair accessories for myself with friend (male) who previously had long hair.

friend: You must grow your hair long so we can make nice updos with it.
me: What do you think I have been doing for the last year and a half?!
friend: Year and a half? Your hair is growing slowly...

He earned that (soft) punch :mad
On the other hand, I'm glad he didn't see my shoulder length hair as long hair :)

EmmAutumn
January 12th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Last night i went to a metal event with my BF's band, lots of long haired guys there.
So we were sitting backstage and one of them asks for a hair brush, 20 guys instantly whip out all kinds of brushes. Then they started debating about what's best and bashing the guys with the plastic brushes - that was entertaining to listen to :p
After a while the backstage room transformed into a hair discussion room, we talked about brushing, trimming, CO-washing and i was so surprised how many hair-obsessed guys i met.

walterSCAN
January 12th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Last night i went to a metal event with my BF's band, lots of long haired guys there.
So we were sitting backstage and one of them asks for a hair brush, 20 guys instantly whip out all kinds of brushes. Then they started debating about what's best and bashing the guys with the plastic brushes - that was entertaining to listen to :p
After a while the backstage room transformed into a hair discussion room, we talked about brushing, trimming, CO-washing and i was so surprised how many hair-obsessed guys i met.

This is excellent! :spitting:

Wildcat Diva
January 12th, 2014, 11:21 AM
I wanna go to a party like that! Wah, wait, I'm old plus married. I guess I'll just have to be content to long hair conversations with DH and see if he can grow his hair out again.

sumidha
January 12th, 2014, 11:54 AM
So my BF was teasing me about LHC and in a moment of inspiration stole my laptop away from me and googled 'the long beard community' and found that it is totally a thing... We skimmed the message board topics and literally said, at the exact same time like we rehearsed it or something, "oh my god, it's exactly the same!" I could not stop laughing... It's all these old biker dudes and tough looking guys talking about healthy diets, celebrating their beardversaries and combing versus brushing and the importance of conditioning... Their beards!

I can't even pinpoint exactly why it was so funny to me, maybe because I experienced the 'wow, that's weird' feeling that a lot of non-long haired people would have if they stumbled across this forum. I'm not sure, but it definitely made my morning.

EmmAutumn
January 12th, 2014, 12:55 PM
I googled the beard community, just had to see it!
I love the FAQ-section, with questions like "Will shaving often increase my beard growth?" and "How long does it take to reach natural maximum beard length?"
It's just... the exact same thing...

TrapperCreekD
January 12th, 2014, 03:14 PM
I love this thread! :rollin:

I have one from a couple months back, not quite a conversation but still funny. Mom and I stopped by the library, and for whatever reason, my hair was down. She's off browsing in some other section when I happen to spot a family friend. I say hello and we're making small talk when Mom walks up behind me. After we said our goodbyes and FF left, Mom turns to me,
DM: I didn't even recognize you! I saw Lee and wondered who he was talking to, and I didn't even realize it was you until I was right there!
Me: Uh, thanks... I guess. :laugh:

Verdandi
January 12th, 2014, 04:04 PM
- Can you please take your hair out?
- Why?
- So I can pet it!

Said by a close guy friend of mine who really likes my hair for some reason.

HairFaerie
January 12th, 2014, 06:12 PM
OMG! I was very curious and went to the Beard Community message board someone mentioned earlier...I about died when I saw grown men posting pics of Disney characters with beards! And, as mentioned, their "beardiversay". That is AWESOME! It is EXACTLY like this board! The next time a man makes fun of a woman for being on this message board, they can whip that site up and say "Well, apparently some men love their beards!"

My interesting hair conversation took place the other day when I just showered and styled my hair and went to the dining room. My 20 year old son was at the table and looked at me and said "Mom, you look like one of the Beatles. Ringo. Yeah, Ringo." That made me laugh so hard! He's not entirely wrong, sadly....I hate this stage!

trolleypup
January 13th, 2014, 11:01 PM
Finally triggered a scanner at the airport with my hairstick. Umm, sir? Please look at the monitor. Oops, shows my watch so they can see that it is functional, pulls hairstick out so they can see it is a stainless steel chopstick...one on the personel is...ummm, is it OK if I say 'pretty hair' to a man?

spirals
January 14th, 2014, 09:21 PM
^ Yes, yes it is.

Wildcat Diva
March 6th, 2014, 02:00 PM
This is today, random Imessage from my middle son (12 yrs.) to me.
If you can't see clearly from the pic, it's a hair chop icon.
Not amusing. Well, yes it is.

http://imageshack.com/a/img41/9830/bppn.png

MadeiraD
March 8th, 2014, 09:00 PM
My husband and I both have long hair, occasionally people will call out things like "Hey ladies" to us. Which he usually responds to in his very deep, VERY new zealand accented voice "I'm a bloke"

Larki
March 8th, 2014, 09:04 PM
My husband and I both have long hair, occasionally people will call out things like "Hey ladies" to us. Which he usually responds to in his very deep, VERY new zealand accented voice "I'm a bloke"

Haha! I like how he responds to it. :p

EdG
March 8th, 2014, 09:32 PM
So my BF was teasing me about LHC and in a moment of inspiration stole my laptop away from me and googled 'the long beard community' and found that it is totally a thing... We skimmed the message board topics and literally said, at the exact same time like we rehearsed it or something, "oh my god, it's exactly the same!" I could not stop laughing... It's all these old biker dudes and tough looking guys talking about healthy diets, celebrating their beardversaries and combing versus brushing and the importance of conditioning... Their beards!

I can't even pinpoint exactly why it was so funny to me, maybe because I experienced the 'wow, that's weird' feeling that a lot of non-long haired people would have if they stumbled across this forum. I'm not sure, but it definitely made my morning.I too have noticed the amazing similarities between the Beard Community and LHC. It is like stepping into a parallel universe in which Rapunzels and biker dudes are interchanged. :lol:

Finally triggered a scanner at the airport with my hairstick. Umm, sir? Please look at the monitor. Oops, shows my watch so they can see that it is functional, pulls hairstick out so they can see it is a stainless steel chopstick...one on the personel is...ummm, is it OK if I say 'pretty hair' to a man?I occasionally get complements from TSA agents. Maybe the hair breaks up the monotony of their work. :shrug:

My husband and I both have long hair, occasionally people will call out things like "Hey ladies" to us. Which he usually responds to in his very deep, VERY new zealand accented voice "I'm a bloke"I have had that happen when I went out with my former girlfriend. I didn't have as good a reply. :lol:
Ed

MadeiraD
March 8th, 2014, 09:47 PM
I've always dated very pretty androgynous men (when I wasn't dating women... I just like someone I can talk about makeup with)

When people used to ask if I was sure my ex-boyfriend was a guy I used to say "Yeah or he's got 9 inches of explaining to do"

Henna Girl
March 9th, 2014, 06:38 AM
My six year old wants to dye his brown hair blond because he wants to be like his friend Jack. I told him no, I will not dye his hair. Then he complained that it wasn't fair that Jack's mom lets him dye his hair and I don't. No matter how much I try to convince him that Jack's hair is naturally blond, he thinks that everyone is born with brown hair and every other colour is a dye!!!

picklepie
March 10th, 2014, 02:22 PM
I have hair conversations with my daughter every day. She's two, and a little controlling about my hair....
"Mama, are you doing a braid? Are you doing two braids? Don't tuck them up! Don't tuck them up!!"
"[crying] I want braids for bedtime!"
"Are you doing a bun? Are you using a hairstick? Use your fork, mama!!!"
"Mama has a big bun. I like mama's big bun!!"

She also has a long knitted scarf she drapes over her head as her "braids" on either side, or asks her sister to put in a ponytail for her. She wears this probably more than half if her waking hours, lately. The way she handles it and moves it around looks *exactly* like the way I move my HL hair around. Her own hair is tiny three-inch curls, but she's a longhair at heart!

Jumper
March 10th, 2014, 02:26 PM
Went to work with my hair in a Dutch braid from my part around right right side of my head and over my left shoulder (with clips to keep my layers sort of in place, grrr).

Cue immediate oohing and ahhhing over my braid with my store manager patting it for some reason (must.touch. I guess) and then all of a sudden she goes "Can you feel it when I do this?"

"YES"

She stopped right away haha. I don't mind people I know touching it really though.

My favorite manager wants me to braid her hair now but I honestly can't because I have never had hair to braid other than my own, so I can do it on myself but not other people.

LongHairLesbian
March 11th, 2014, 04:00 PM
This situation happened about five months ago (when I still blow dried, haha). A bunch of people were staying at my house for a debate tournament we were all attending, and I wanted to take a shower after they had all gone to sleep. After the shower I put my damp hair in a bun, because I didn't want to wake everyone with the dryer, and I also didn't want to bother people with my wet hair in a crammed sleeping space.

In the morning:

Me: Anyone who wants to use the bathroom, just wait until I grab the hair dryer first.
Male friend: Why do you need to dry your hair?
Me: I washed it last night, and didn't want to wake you guys with the sound of the dryer.
Male friend: Yeah but that was last night, isn't your hair dry yet?
Me: I put it in a bun so it wouldn't bother the person I was sleeping next to, so no. *I take down my hair and show him that the length is still damp
Male friend: Wow, being a girl is hard!

Don't even get me started! :lol:

EdG
March 11th, 2014, 08:28 PM
Male friend: Wow, being a girl is hard!

Don't even get me started! :lol:Your friend's statement is wrong on so many levels. :lol:
Ed

neko_kawaii
March 13th, 2014, 07:18 AM
Husband regarding my new sleep cap, "You have a sack on your head."
Me, "Yep"
Him, "Sack head. Sack head."

LongHairLesbian
March 13th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Your friend's statement is wrong on so many levels. :lol:
Ed

Haha I agree completely. After he said that, I pointed out that plenty of girls keep their hair very short, like my first partner. And some guys keep it long, like my friend's boyfriend! :lol: And my length probably can't hold a candle to yours, Ed.

I do think being a girl is hard, but not necessarily for the reasons he was getting at!

Venefica
March 13th, 2014, 10:20 AM
I reposted a picture, a drawing of a woman with monster eyes and crocodiles woven out of her hair and this conversation happened.

Me: I want hair like this.
My friend: You want crocodiles hanging from your hair?
Me: Yes I want monster eyes and crocodiles made out of my hair hanging from my head.
My friend: You are insane.
Me: Yes I am.

EdG
March 13th, 2014, 08:15 PM
I do think being a girl is hard, but not necessarily for the reasons he was getting at!Yes, it is. :thumbsup:

Being a guy is hard too. As you pointed out, none of this has anything to do with hair. :)
Ed

LauraLongLocks
March 13th, 2014, 09:35 PM
Great thread! I laughed so many times. I just had to post so I could be subscribed to it. Nothing funny has happened to me yet, but I'll post when/if I have anything to add.

neko_kawaii
March 14th, 2014, 08:33 AM
I was at my son's school for an event yesterday. The principal was standing next to me and I felt a gently poke on my hair stick. I turned and grinned at her and pulled it out so she could get a close look (Elymwold) she looked at it and then asked "Can I?" indicating her own hair. I nodded and then she fumbled with it in her hair for a moment then handing it back said, "You'll have to show me some time." Her hair is shoulder length so maybe a half up. . .

FallingDarkness
March 14th, 2014, 09:03 PM
Me: I'm considering washing my hair tonight.
Friend: Definitely wash it!
Me: Well I haven't touched it since Monday, and it's Friday now, so maybe I should...
Friend: You've exceeded the ultimate deadline for hair washing! You can't wait more than 3 days inbetween washes!
Me: . . . Why not . . . ?
Friend: You'll get dandruff! It's healthier to wash your hair every day you know.
Me: ....right.

lapushka
March 15th, 2014, 06:14 AM
Friend: You'll get dandruff! It's healthier to wash your hair every day you know.
Me: ....right.

*Obviously* the friend knows best. ;)

lydiajo
March 15th, 2014, 07:34 AM

A friend's child who had beautiful curls had a conversation with a woman at the store.

woman: What a beautiful little girl. Your curly hair is beautiful.
child: Thank you and I have a penis.
child's mother just smiled.

two_wheels
March 15th, 2014, 07:37 AM
Lydia that is fantastic!

ooglipoo
March 15th, 2014, 08:13 AM
A friend's child who had beautiful curls had a conversation with a woman at the store.

I love it when kids do that! :rollin:

Laurenji
March 15th, 2014, 08:30 AM
Finally triggered a scanner at the airport with my hairstick. Umm, sir? Please look at the monitor. Oops, shows my watch so they can see that it is functional, pulls hairstick out so they can see it is a stainless steel chopstick...one on the personel is...ummm, is it OK if I say 'pretty hair' to a man?

Once when I was going through security at the airport, they put me in one of those full-body scanners and I happened to have my braid over my shoulder. They kept making me wait and making me wait, until I heard the TSA person next to me say into their radio, "That thing on her shoulder is just a braid."

restless
March 15th, 2014, 09:49 AM

Lol what is there to do, really...

SkyChild
March 15th, 2014, 10:03 AM
Ha! Lydia that's brilliant.

Laurenji - what else did they expect your braid to be? Some sort of secret gun storage?

LauraLongLocks
March 16th, 2014, 12:32 AM
Ha ha ha! That was awesome!

Laurenji
March 16th, 2014, 05:15 PM
Ha! Lydia that's brilliant.

Laurenji - what else did they expect your braid to be? Some sort of secret gun storage?

No idea. I could probably use my braid as a weapon if I did like they suggested in another thread and put it in a ponytail braid with weights and sharp things braided in. But I doubt I could hide a gun in there.

LauraLongLocks
March 16th, 2014, 07:26 PM
Entertaining hair conversation? Today's FB post on the Long Hair Community Meeting Place. Wow! It went from hair to sex to penises to circumcision. Oye!

BrendaLoan
March 18th, 2014, 02:54 PM
In my country, everytime someone gets a college degree, family and friends get together and "celebrate": they throw eggs, flour, food coloring, and all sorts of smelly things to the graduate, get him in the car and take a little trip around the city honking the horn (and other cars passing by do the same). For most males, and some females brave enough, the celebration includes cutting their hair. I'm about to get my diploma, and my friends and I were talking about it.

Me: When I graduate, I will be so happy that I won't even care what you do to me
Them (in unison) : So I want your...! *Evil look on their faces*.
Me: EXCEPT cutting my hair! :tmi:
Them: Ohh noo, why? :justy:

Hahaha, evil creatures

HappyHair87
March 18th, 2014, 07:56 PM
Husband regarding my new sleep cap, "You have a sack on your head."
Me, "Yep"
Him, "Sack head. Sack head."

LOL!!! I hope you didn't find it offensive but this was too cute to me lol!

neko_kawaii
March 18th, 2014, 08:00 PM
LOL!!! I hope you didn't find it offensive but this was too cute to me lol!

It wouldn't be a happy marriage without the sophomoric teasing!

Brattina88
March 18th, 2014, 09:53 PM
A week or so ago I began playing with my ends (since they will eventually be trimmed off anyway) and I dip dyed my hair red, fading into black with manic panic. My kids at work (I'm a preschool teacher) were the first to notice and some of them pointed them out to the adults. My co-teacher didn't notice for 3 days until one of the kids pointed it out! lol... Although, I have to admit that I wear my hair up or back at work to protect it, so it would be hard to notice unless I took it down to re-adjust.

Anyways. One of my kids commented on my hair:
Kid: "Your hair looks different"
Me: "Yes, I dip dyed it last week"
Kid: "You look like an animal"
Me: "Oh? And which animal might that be?"
Kid: "A fox!"
Me: " :) I like foxes"

Kid... Bursts into the song "What Does The Fox Say

Me.. a dramatic.... NOOOoOooooOOooooo :spitting:

:lala:

Wildcat Diva
March 21st, 2014, 07:28 PM
So my DH and I are at the dollar store and I come to this end cap display with all these little two drawer plastic containers. I suck in my breath and say "ohhhhhh!" as I pull one of the drawers out.

DH knows what I am thinking...

He says "you could keep hairsticks in there."

I did a little hoppy dance because that was funny to me and I've had a stressful day. I tried out my six inch Quattro stick and it fit perfectly. I didn't get any because I already bought some little cases I'm going to try to use.

But I thought it made for a cute experience.http://imageshack.us/a/img845/8910/yhj9.jpg

patienceneeded
March 21st, 2014, 07:40 PM
I had my hair down this morning and was in the front office of the middle school I teach in, asking one of the secretaries if she could open up the student store for me. (I wanted to buy a new school t-shirt, as the newer designs were nicer looking) I should say that I love all the secretaries at my school, they're wonderful.

She turned to me and said "Girl, your hair is getting soooooo long" and then (as she got the key to the student store asked me if I was growing longer, going to cut/donate, or keeping it. I told her I was still growing and that I was not cutting it or donating it, I was growing it for me and me only. Her response? "Good for you! It's your hair!" She then proceeded to compliment my hair a few more times, always nice to hear. :smile:

Rio040113
March 22nd, 2014, 06:13 AM
Well, it's not really a conversation but DBF (Adam) calls me 'Mrs. Potts (http://statici.behindthevoiceactors.com/behindthevoiceactors/_img/chars/char_20803.jpg)' every time I wear my sleep cap :lol:

AmberJewel
March 25th, 2014, 02:13 PM
My brother was talking today and mentioned my "hair-crown."
Me: "My what ?"
Him: "Your hair-crown. You know, it's like a crown but made of hair."

I was wearing a crown braid at the time.

I think that's the nicest compliment I've gotten all day!

SkyChild
March 25th, 2014, 03:11 PM
I obviously dye my hair too much - my little boy, Fox, (3) says to me of a girl on TV "Look Mama, she's a pretty lady with pretty red hair like you."
Me: "You like my red hair?"
Fox: "Yes. Not like your hair now. Your hair is blue and ginger and yellow and ... and..."
Me: "Brown?"
Fox: "NO Mama, yuck"

He's not a fan of my trying to go back to my natural colour.

EdG
March 25th, 2014, 06:09 PM
When I sleep, I drape my hair over the edge of the bed. My former girlfriend nicknamed it "flamehead".

I assured her that I wasn't a flamehead. :lol:
Ed

spirals
March 31st, 2014, 04:46 PM
I had to teach my coworker about detangling today. She has 1c APL hair while I'm at waist with very tangly 2c/3a strands. She complimented my hair and I said I was surprised it looked good, as I hadn't detangled yesterday, and barely had enough time to comb through it today. In fact, I did it so fast that it ripped through some parts, causing breakage. She then asked what was the difference between detangling & brushing. "I just run a brush through it," she puzzled. I had to explain that my hair isn't as straight, and threrefore very tangly, and that I have to get the tangles out with a special brush (TT-type thing) before a regular brush will even get through. Straighties just don't understand.... :D

Sarahlabyrinth
March 31st, 2014, 05:21 PM
I was at the hairdresser's this morning and she looked at my hair and her jaw dropped and she said "WOW! your hair is SO LONG!!!" I had to stop myself from giggling and managed to say that yes, I am growing it. I almost said "Not really" but then thought she might think I was strange if I said it, lol.

I walked away feeling very gratified! That was my first "Wow, your hair is so looong" comment, yay! Now I feel like an LHCer!

EdG
March 31st, 2014, 05:42 PM
I walked away feeling very gratified! That was my first "Wow, your hair is so looong" comment, yay! Now I feel like an LHCer!Cool, Sarahlabyrinth! :thumbsup:

Whenever I get that comment, I think to myself "hair of this length is not at all unusual in my community." ;)
Ed

FallingDarkness
March 31st, 2014, 05:44 PM
So I'm bored in ap psych and have my scissors with me so might as well S and D, right?
This girl next to me is just staring at me, so I turn to her.
Me: Ummm is there a problem?
Her: Not really. It's just that you're cutting your hair in class. Kinda strange.
Me: Well, I'm not cutting it. I'm just getting rid of my split ends.
Her: OH! Well you should stop and get it professionally trimmed.
Me: I don't need a trim. I only have a few split ends...
Her: Which is why you should stop! If you continue cutting it, then it's going to look strange.
Me: *facepalm*

melomane
March 31st, 2014, 08:00 PM
I can relate too this too well:o My mom will do that with EVERYTHING I do, it is like a weird form of bragging.

melomane
March 31st, 2014, 08:04 PM
My mother in law had been telling me that one of her great-nieces had been obsessing over my mom in law's "long pretty hair" so she figured that she'd like my hair even more since it's super long in comparison (mother in law has shoulder length hair).
Mom in law: So what do you think of her hair?
Niece: It's scary.
I have too much hair apparently.

Someone: Wow look at that braid.
Mom: Yeah, her hair is down to her knees (kind of bragging).
Me: Mom, my hair isn't knee length yet.
Mom: Close enough.
Listening to my mom talk about my hair is kind of like listening to someone tell a fish story. It just keeps getting bigger (or longer in this case).

I forgot the quote

Natalia
April 1st, 2014, 02:47 AM
Had a movie night with my nephews and the youngest kept saying we had to watch frozen because the non magic sister has aunties hair :) lol. I just got bangs and they haven't seen me much since I henna glossed so when they saw my new "do" it made them think of frozen.

Wildcat Diva
April 1st, 2014, 07:24 PM
Me and my sons unbox my most recent swap board purchase fresh from the post office box.

I hold the velvet bag up for all to see:

"Let's take a look at the wondrous artistry inside," I say.
I slowly unveil the beautifully carved fork, pictured below.
http://imageshack.com/a/img534/4562/uxkq.jpg
"Whoa!"
(DS 10) "You spent money on that?... I could have made that for you."
(DS 14, in response) *snorts!* Yeah, right.

Sarahlabyrinth
April 1st, 2014, 07:34 PM
Wildcat, that is the most amazing fork EVER! (drool)....

Wildcat Diva
April 1st, 2014, 08:18 PM
Thank you!

EdG
April 1st, 2014, 08:21 PM
Wildcat Diva- that is the most amazing hair fork I have ever seen. :thudpile:
Ed

LauraLongLocks
April 1st, 2014, 09:30 PM
Whoa, love that hair fork! :thudpile: :inlove: