PDA

View Full Version : Entertaining Hair Conversations: Let's share!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12

languagenut
January 6th, 2019, 09:10 PM
Twin 5yr olds in the bath:

M: J is goin' bald! I see him's head!

[A little later, when I start shampooing M's hair]
[B]J: M is turnin' into a Grandpa! Him's hair is turnin' white!

Crazy guys... :laugh:

Wildcat Diva
January 6th, 2019, 10:06 PM
That is precious!

Kathie
January 7th, 2019, 01:15 AM
Me- I'm going to trim out some split ends... on the LHC they call it "search and distory"
Friend- *laughs* do they also have a "command and conquer"

In hindsight thats pretty much describes any updo :whip:

TreesOfEternity
January 7th, 2019, 05:36 AM
Me- I'm going to trim out some split ends... on the LHC they call it "search and distory"

That’s a good one hahahaha.

DBF: I saw this girl wearing a ponytail while riding a bike, ugh image the knots afterwards!
Me: You are starting to mimic my thoughts haha!
DBF: What no! I already did buns on my hair!... I didn’t care for it further than that though so ok ok, maybe

He’s so precious :o :heartbeat

AmaryllisRed
January 7th, 2019, 08:50 AM

Hehe command and conquer. I like that.

spitfire511
January 7th, 2019, 10:12 AM
So DD (11) yesterday:

#1. She starts an argument about how her hair is longer - until we measure and she discovers that it's actually the same length. I'm just bigger. LOL
#2. I Had my hair up (WAY dirty) in a disc bun all morning then took it down - she looked over and said "Gosh mom - your hair is majestic!"

I'll take it! LOL

Gisela
January 8th, 2019, 04:35 AM
At the bank today,

Security guard: Ma'am, pardon the boldness, but never cut you hair.

Me: Jajajajajaja ok then

I usually don't like when strangers say "cut your hair", "never cut your hair", or just general commands on what to do with my appearance, but he was so polite about t that it made laugh a bit.
On the other hand, I wish I had responded with something clever, but I never know how to respond to comments like that :shrug:

Vampyria
January 8th, 2019, 05:14 AM
My hair is about medium to dark brown, dyed to coppery light brown. I had about 5 cm of roots showing.

Grandmother: "You know my mother had black hair like yours."

Me: "My hair is not even close to being black, it's brown."

Grandmother: "No, I can see it's black."

Me: "That's what it looks like because it's dyed lighter and you can only see the roots. *Shows her the picture of my virgin hair when I was a kid.*

Grandmother: "That's just a picture, but I can see how it actually is. It's black. Plus you were already dyeing it lighter here."

Me: "I was 9."

spirals
January 17th, 2019, 08:14 PM
I decided to wash my hair last night instead of this morning because it's cold out. It was still damp when I braided it so it was more tight waves than curls this morning. My coworker asked me what I did because she thought it was so pretty. Her "I wish I could get my hair to curl like that." Me: "You HAVE naturally curly hair!" she always straightens it in the front and the back of her head looks like a little kid's bedhead. She commented on it throughout the day so when we had a meeting I wrote out condition wash condition instructions for her. I'm sure my boss thought I was taking notes. :D I handed the sheet of paper to my coworker right before she left for the day and she was so excited about trying this. Her complaint is that if she lets it go curly it will get frizzy so maybe this will help.

sophia_
January 18th, 2019, 03:52 PM
Someone I barely know told me today, "If you ever decide to cut off all of your hair, you should let me do it," which is an odd thing to say, I think.

AmaryllisRed
January 18th, 2019, 04:00 PM
Someone I barely know told me today, "If you ever decide to cut off all of your hair, you should let me do it," which is an odd thing to say, I think.

That *is* odd.
Depending on who said it, it could be taken different ways. If this person is a stylist, maybe they think you have nice hair and they have ideas of a shorter style that would suit you.
If they're not a stylist... that's really kind of creepy, isn't it?

sophia_
January 18th, 2019, 04:08 PM
That *is* odd.
Depending on who said it, it could be taken different ways. If this person is a stylist, maybe they think you have nice hair and they have ideas of a shorter style that would suit you.
If they're not a stylist... that's really kind of creepy, isn't it?

He is very much not a stylist. I think I'll avoid him from now on.

JennGalt
January 18th, 2019, 04:19 PM

Cutting off long hair is actually a f3tish for some. He’s probably been dreaming of cutting your hair since he met you. Avoiding him is wise.

AmaryllisRed
January 18th, 2019, 08:31 PM
Cutting off long hair is actually a f3tish for some. He’s probably been dreaming of cutting your hair since he met you. Avoiding him is wise.

Ewwwwww. Yeah super creepy.

trolleypup
January 23rd, 2019, 09:03 PM
Went to have dinner at one of my favorite restaurants in my old neighborhood...the owner greeted me and said that her daughter was just asking about me, whether I still come in...and she checked that she was remembering the right Trolleypup..."Yes, Trolleypup who sits at the bar, Rapunzel!" She's a sweet kid!

JackintheBox
January 26th, 2019, 09:19 AM
One of my friends has taken to calling me Elsa since I started wearing braids. Its good natured ribbing so Ive just started rolling with it.

spirals
January 26th, 2019, 03:27 PM
JackintheBox, it's a compliment. How many little girls want to imitate Elsa's amazing hair? And at one point yours will be longer than hers if it isn't already.

Corvana
January 26th, 2019, 05:25 PM
One of my friends has taken to calling me Elsa since I started wearing braids. Its good natured ribbing so Ive just started rolling with it.

:laugh: You should dress as Elsa for halloween ;) Just go all in!

DaveDecker
January 27th, 2019, 09:24 AM
:laugh: You should dress as Elsa for halloween ;) Just go all in!

Personally, I wouldn't be upset if a friend teasingly called me Elsa... but I would have no interest in donning an Elsa Halloween costume.

cestlavie
January 27th, 2019, 01:15 PM
I was wearing my hair down for my graduation last Friday. One of my brothers told me: "Your hair is getting long and I think it's very pretty!".
I think it was so sweet and encouraging too.

Corvana
January 27th, 2019, 05:07 PM
Personally, I wouldn't be upset if a friend teasingly called me Elsa... but I would have no interest in donning an Elsa Halloween costume.

Perhaps that's just my friends then :laugh:

spirals
February 2nd, 2019, 12:08 PM
DM conversation with a buddy on twitter:

Me: Some women look gorgeous with silver hair. I want a long, silver braid to my fingertips.
S: That would be Hot
Me: LOL I would be old.
S: :D:D:D

spirals
February 8th, 2019, 06:10 PM
I got a "I don't know how you get all that hair in that tiny bun!" from a co-worker today. Funny thing is that she also has hip-length curly hair.

shaluwm_agape
February 10th, 2019, 11:21 PM
Well my hair is officially long when hubby notices. Lol.
He said that now I have to keep it tamed or cut it hahaha! I was letting it air dry and had not brushed it out yet . Guess it's time for braids & buns! Soooo excited! I have secretly been wanting him to notice

Sarahlabyrinth
February 21st, 2019, 12:51 PM
DH and I were getting into the car. I wrapped my braid around my neck so I wouldn't lean on it/get it in the seatbelt etc.

DH: You could strangle yourself with that braid.
Me: Yes, I could. I could strangle you with my braid.
DH: You could even strangle us both at the same time.
Me: :rollin:

Luna Starsetta
February 21st, 2019, 01:02 PM
DH and I were getting into the car. I wrapped my braid around my neck so I wouldn't lean on it/get it in the seatbelt etc.

DH: You could strangle yourself with that braid.
Me: Yes, I could. I could strangle you with my braid.
DH: You could even strangle us both at the same time.
Me: :rollin:

i had the same conversation with my dh lol

also sharing a little tidbit. my mother and grandmother are coming over today they both trust me to cut their hair since i cut my own only difference is the want an actual trim involving layers. i will be trimming and adding long layers to my moms wavy and thick TBL hair... then i will be feather layering my grandmothers wavy VERY TAPERED AND THIN BSL hair. i may take before and after pics just to see how well i do. this will be the second time cutting my mothers hair and first time cutting my grandmothers... excited and nervous but well prepared... may share pictures with permission from there thoughts??

Gem
February 21st, 2019, 01:55 PM
My SO said that he knew he'd fallen in love with me when he realized he could watch me mess with my hair forever.

Lady Stardust
February 22nd, 2019, 02:25 AM
My SO said that he knew he'd fallen in love with me when he realized he could watch me mess with my hair forever.

Aw! That’s lovely.

AmaryllisRed
February 22nd, 2019, 08:48 AM
My husband doesn't remember saying this, but the first time he watched me comb my hair out after washing, he said, "Wow, you sure like combing your hair a lot."
Must have been the look on my face?
He's right though; I did and I still do!

Zesty
February 22nd, 2019, 04:26 PM

That is the sweetest thing! :crush:

My husband doesn't remember saying this, but the first time he watched me comb my hair out after washing, he said, "Wow, you sure like combing your hair a lot."
Must have been the look on my face?
He's right though; I did and I still do!

Me too! :p

DH makes a point to comment on my hairstyles in the morning most days, but this morning he said, "Is that one of those hot cross buns I've heard so much about?" :lol:

cjk
February 22nd, 2019, 04:40 PM
Today I was stopped by different women, twice.

The first was almost bouncing up and down. She started by exclaiming, there is a man who deep conditions! And as I turned around, facing her fully, she started in on the beard too. The excitement was actually rather infectious, she had beautiful hair too. Black lady, probably 3c hair, in a sloppy updo. Nice.

The other one was behind me in line. She started off by stroking my hair. No she didn't ask. That one wasn't as pleasant.

JennGalt
February 22nd, 2019, 04:57 PM
^^That second one is creepy! :shudder: I don’t understand why anyone would just walk up and touch a random stranger without asking.

cjk
February 22nd, 2019, 05:31 PM
^^That second one is creepy! :shudder: I don’t understand why anyone would just walk up and touch a random stranger without asking.

I drive a lot for work. It happens more often than you might think.

I've had people stroke my hair, pretty regularly. Tug my ponytail or pigtails. And touch my beard. Or smell it. Had a few bury their noses in it, but most of them at least asked permission.

At a tire store a middle aged man took hold of my beard and started yanking on it, it was so beautiful that he had to see if it was real. Apparently he didn't want to ask.

The most recent has happened only twice. Had two different people, a woman and a man, who came up to me, hit on me, and cupped my crotch. Same pattern, two different episodes.

As it was in a college town i asked some of my younger friends if that was a new trendy greeting. Apparently not.

People don't seem to understand personal space.

blackgothicdoll
February 23rd, 2019, 08:55 AM
Those are all forms of assault, the last one sexual. :/ that's awful, I'm sorry you deal with that type of treatment. That's just not a normal way for people to behave.

cjk
February 23rd, 2019, 09:40 AM
Those are all forms of assault, the last one sexual. :/ that's awful, I'm sorry you deal with that type of treatment. That's just not a normal way for people to behave.

It's always happened to me, my entire life. It doesn't happen every day, but often enough that it is a burden I bear. It's not easy being beautiful! ;)

Aerya
February 23rd, 2019, 10:07 AM
It's always happened to me, my entire life. It doesn't happen every day, but often enough that it is a burden I bear. It's not easy being beautiful! ;)

Whoa. That's messed up. If someone tugged my hair or touched my crotch just like that, I would probably have hit them. How did you respond?

cjk
February 24th, 2019, 12:06 PM
Whoa. That's messed up. If someone tugged my hair or touched my crotch just like that, I would probably have hit them. How did you respond?

It's somewhat dependent on the situation.

I have an older man at my church who tugs, playfully, on my pigtails. He means no harm and is being...playful. I'm not going to hit him.

The guy at the tire store, well I had been hired to do their back end computers and printers and was actually working. Again, a fistfight would have been inappropriate and quite unprofessional. The manager and I talked about it, afterwards, and while he was willing to help me press charges I figured that no harm was done.

The crotch cupping is new. I recoiled in horror, basically. I was definitely surprised and made it clear it was unwelcome.

Zesty
February 26th, 2019, 04:26 PM
Husband likes to pretend to be me, justifying my hair toy purchases. My favorites from tonight:

"They invented a new type of hair toy! It holds up your hair. With upness!"

"Look at this hair spork. It's only $86! And, if I want to eat fried chicken or baked beans, it is the perfect tool for it!"

lapushka
February 26th, 2019, 04:45 PM
Husband likes to pretend to be me, justifying my hair toy purchases. My favorites from tonight:

"They invented a new type of hair toy! It holds up your hair. With upness!"

"Look at this hair spork. It's only $86! And, if I want to eat fried chicken or baked beans, it is the perfect tool for it!"

:spitting:

Those are priceless! :)

Zesty
February 27th, 2019, 12:06 PM

Those are priceless! :)

Never a dull moment with that one, I tell you... :lol:

Tinyponies
February 27th, 2019, 01:45 PM
Oh please, someone whittle me a hair spork

tekla
February 28th, 2019, 03:21 AM
I had a big chop a couple of months ago (from collarbone to just below ear) and since then people have complimented me on my hair a lot. Usually in my social circles people don't comment on each other's looks at all so it has been a bit weird to hear all these people saying how good my hair looks. Good weird though. I know that it looks so much thicker and healthier now (getting rid of thin ends was the reason I cut it) and it feels nice that other people see it too. Some people have also encouraged me to keep it this short when I have told them I want to grow it.

(My grandma asked if I dyed it because the sun bleached parts are gone. H*** no, no dye for me thanks! :D)

tekla
February 28th, 2019, 03:32 AM
Slightly OT but it never ceases to amaze me how some people can't respect other people's right to physical integrity. A dear friend of mine has had a long, thick and dark beard for over a decade now and he says that people constantly try to touch and stroke it. That creeps me out. In the part of the world where I live, people are usually private and not very "touchy" so it's extra weird that some people think it's ok to spontaneously touch someone else's facial hair. Even though beards are increasingly popular these days, he also gets a lot of long looks and stares and it makes him feel really uncomfortable. Why can't people behave themselves?

spidergoat
February 28th, 2019, 09:04 AM
I had an amusing one at my internship site last week. I was taking a break and knitting, which is always a conversation starter, and someone asked if my hair stick was also a knitting needle.

Me: nope!
Other person: is that the only thing holding your hair up?!

I thought it was cute and it reminded me that most people probably aren't as hair-oriented as we here at LHC.

tekla
February 28th, 2019, 10:21 AM
I had an amusing one at my internship site last week. I was taking a break and knitting, which is always a conversation starter, and someone asked if my hair stick was also a knitting needle.

Me: nope!
Other person: is that the only thing holding your hair up?!

I thought it was cute and it reminded me that most people probably aren't as hair-oriented as we here at LHC.

I'm a knitter also! I have thought many times that DPNs might double as hair sticks. Too bad I prefer using circular needles on everything... :D

Aerya
February 28th, 2019, 10:24 AM
I'm a knitter also! I have thought many times that DPNs might double as hair sticks. Too bad I prefer using circular needles on everything... :D

My "hair stick" as of now is actually a wooden knitting needle with one end sawed off :D

spidergoat
February 28th, 2019, 11:06 AM
tekla and Aerya, knitters unite! Many moons ago I had some unwanted aluminum DPNs that I bent into hair forks, but they never really worked out for me. I prefer circs as well except for socks, and those needles are way too tiny to make decent hair toys, although they are pretty enough. I think they're made out of some type of Dymondwood or Dymalux. I hadn't thought of using a regular needle as a stick. I guess I just saw that they were too long as they were and thought of it no more, but cutting an end off would certainly do the trick!

Zesty
February 28th, 2019, 11:48 AM
This was more precious than entertaining... I pitched the idea of henna-ing the last two inches of my hair and husband said he loves my hair as is and doesn't want me to change it.

Me: Well most of my interest is that it's supposed to straigten your hair and prevent split ends. But I haven't done a ton of research.
DH: Is there a way to do that without changing the color?
Me: Well, there is cassia... And you know, I think I have some of that on hand.
DH: See? Brilliant husbandface!

I just think it's cute that he likes my hair so much. It pleases me. :p

Milady_DeWinter
February 28th, 2019, 01:08 PM
This was more precious than entertaining... I pitched the idea of henna-ing the last two inches of my hair and husband said he loves my hair as is and doesn't want me to change it.

Me: Well most of my interest is that it's supposed to straigten your hair and prevent split ends. But I haven't done a ton of research.
DH: Is there a way to do that without changing the color?
Me: Well, there is cassia... And you know, I think I have some of that on hand.
DH: See? Brilliant husbandface!

I just think it's cute that he likes my hair so much. It pleases me. :p

It is so cute! BTW I have my ends hennaed (and dyed) and the change in texture from the henna annoys me so much. Feels more like plastic and less like hair to me. I would highly recommend to do a strand test (in a lock of your inner layer even) so you could see if you really like how it looks and feels...

I also love your hair as it is now ^^

Zesty
February 28th, 2019, 01:19 PM
It is so cute! BTW I have my ends hennaed (and dyed) and the change in texture from the henna annoys me so much. Feels more like plastic and less like hair to me. I would highly recommend to do a strand test (in a lock of your inner layer even) so you could see if you really like how it looks and feels...

I also love your hair as it is now ^^

Thanks for the insight! If I did decide to, I would be really cautious and test on collected sheds etc... I've read too much about people growing out henna! But I wasn't very serious to begin with, and husband's sweet opinion has pretty much put me off. :p Really the only thing I want to change about my hair is for it to be longer!

sophia_
March 4th, 2019, 05:31 PM
At the grocery store a woman I knew a little said that she recognized me by "that bun [I] wear all the time" (in reference to my braided nautilus) :lol:

Sarahlabyrinth
March 5th, 2019, 05:22 AM
At the grocery store a woman I knew a little said that she recognized me by "that bun [I] wear all the time" (in reference to my braided nautilus) :lol:

That's an excellent way to recognise someone :D

TatsuOni
March 5th, 2019, 10:26 AM
Double posting this conversation from the "How to date a LHC:er" thread.

I was looking at a discounted hair stick a few days ago.

Me: "It's so beautiful and it's free shipping! But I should save my money..."
SO: "How much's the price reduction?"
Me: "Ten percent."
SO: "And could you easily get it an other time?"
Me: "Not really. Maybe a similar, but since it contains real plant parts it wouldn't be exactly that one."
SO: "Then buy it! You'll regret it if you don't!"
Me: "My hair loves you a lot, but my wallet doesn't."

I bought it (waiting for it to be posted now) and I really do love my SO for convincing me to buy hair toys. I actually showed it to him, hoping that he would convince me to buy it :laugh:

Corvana
March 10th, 2019, 07:50 PM
Me: :watching that video of Aliia posted elsewhere:
My husband: "You should grow your hair that long!"

:laugh: More enthusiastic than I am, that one!

Sarahlabyrinth
April 19th, 2019, 10:22 AM
Today I was mixing myself up a SMT while DH was in the shower. He came downstairs, walked into the kitchen, sniffed and said

"That hair stuff of yours smells REALLY bad..."
I said "That isn't my hair stuff you can smell."
DH: "What is it then?"
Me: "The septic tank."

I made him smell my SMT.

DH: "Oh, that's SO much nicer."

LOL.

megthehennahead
April 21st, 2019, 12:44 AM
DH changes his mind each time I reach a milestone.

When I was around waist, he thought he wouldn't like it past BCL.
Then at hip, he thought TBL might be okay.

Now, at BCL we had this exchange:

DH: Your hair is so long! And pretty!
Me: It's getting there...
DH:You know...
Me: Yes?
DH: I think I might like your hair past your butt.
Me. Good. It'll be there eventually.

I think it's funny that he's slowly growing (pun fully intended) to like the idea of my hair being very long.
He's always liked it but is "afraid of it looking too Mennonite-y" (his words - not mine), which I say would be awfully hard with bright henna-red hair and a full face of makeup.

(Of course, my hair=my rules, so I'm going to grow it how I like it)

hayheadsbird
May 9th, 2019, 12:16 AM
My hair stick worked its way out yesterday during PE lesson, so was loose for about 3 minutes till I could pause and put it back up. 6 year old took great delight in telling me I had Princess hair and she loved it 😂 made my day!

Begemot
May 9th, 2019, 01:13 AM
My hair stick worked its way out yesterday during PE lesson, so was loose for about 3 minutes till I could pause and put it back up. 6 year old took great delight in telling me I had Princess hair and she loved it �� made my day!

Awww that is the best compliment (along with mermaid hair, elven hair etc.)! What a sweetheart :o

Tinyponies
May 9th, 2019, 01:50 AM
My hair stick worked its way out yesterday during PE lesson, so was loose for about 3 minutes till I could pause and put it back up. 6 year old took great delight in telling me I had Princess hair and she loved it 😂 made my day!

Aww that’s brilliant and I bet she’ll always remember that moment!

AmaryllisRed
May 9th, 2019, 08:05 AM

Awwww! How cute!

bparnell75
May 9th, 2019, 09:49 AM
Today I was mixing myself up a SMT while DH was in the shower. He came downstairs, walked into the kitchen, sniffed and said

"That hair stuff of yours smells REALLY bad..."
I said "That isn't my hair stuff you can smell."
DH: "What is it then?"
Me: "The septic tank."

I made him smell my SMT.

DH: "Oh, that's SO much nicer."

LOL.

Sarah, please forgive my ignorance. What is SMT?

TatsuOni
May 9th, 2019, 10:06 AM
Sarah, please forgive my ignorance. What is SMT?

I'm not Sarah, but I can answer :) Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment

Sarahlabyrinth
May 9th, 2019, 10:24 AM
I'm not Sarah, but I can answer :) Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment Snowymoon's Moisture Treatment

Yes, that's it :)

Luna Starsetta
May 9th, 2019, 05:36 PM
So I got called repunzel by a young girl who said I want to have long hair like that. I said then you take good care of your curls and the smile on her face was enough to make me smile. It made me smile cause I just got a cut and it felt so short. But to a kid I guess I have very long hair. That made me quite happy. Cause kids don't lie.

iforgotmylogin
May 9th, 2019, 06:27 PM
^ That they don't. Emily-chan, 5 years old, asked me why some boys have girl hair :E

EdG
May 9th, 2019, 06:35 PM
^ That they don't. Emily-chan, 5 years old, asked me why some boys have girl hair :E This is a good time to explain that boys are not born with old men's hair. ;)
Ed

TatsuOni
June 9th, 2019, 06:14 AM
Last week, I put some homemade deep conditioner into my hair, before walking over to my father to use his sauna. I didn't care about the leftovers in the showers, with lumps of mehti, as they would disappear once I showered.

When I reached the sauna, my SO sent me a text.
"Is it your deep conditioner or something similar or has one of the cats thrown up in the shower?"
Me: "Deep conditioner"
SO: "Okay. Very similar to the other thing LOL"
Me: "LOL, hopefully it doesn't smell as bad"

spirals
June 14th, 2019, 10:03 PM
Double posting this conversation from the "How to date a LHC:er" thread.

I was looking at a discounted hair stick a few days ago.

Me: "It's so beautiful and it's free shipping! But I should save my money..."
SO: "How much's the price reduction?"
Me: "Ten percent."
SO: "And could you easily get it an other time?"
Me: "Not really. Maybe a similar, but since it contains real plant parts it wouldn't be exactly that one."
SO: "Then buy it! You'll regret it if you don't!"
Me: "My hair loves you a lot, but my wallet doesn't."

I bought it (waiting for it to be posted now) and I really do love my SO for convincing me to buy hair toys. I actually showed it to him, hoping that he would convince me to buy it :laugh:

This is me with shoes online.

Today I walked by me coworker who has hair as long as mine. It's a conversation point for us, as we are usually in different departments, though for a while she's helping my team. Anyway, she's engaged and I'm known as the vintage girl in the office so she's been picking my brain for '50s hair ideas and jokes that I should do her hair for her wedding. (She doesn't want me! Well, I could roller set it for her, I guess. idk) We got to talking about hair in general and I asked if her messy ponytailer bun was heavy or hurty. Nope; she's alright. I said I have to have a bun with a stick or fork or whatever. She let me put hers in a nautilus with a pen. She was amazed at how comfortable it was. I told her it should hold for a long time and that it's good because it probably causes less damage and the weight is distributed better. She said she was going to Youtube it so she may be watching one of your videos soon. I feel like I opened up her world a little bit. I think I'll look up hairstyles and print them for her for ideas. I can't wait to see what she does.

Sarahlabyrinth
June 18th, 2019, 09:46 AM
Today I was walking upstairs with my hair loose, it was drying after a wash and DH was coming up the stairs behind me carrying a cup of tea. He said "Ugh, your hair is blowing into my cup of tea!" I told him not to walk so close behind me next time.... I guess a little tea won't hurt my hair :p

Zesty
June 22nd, 2019, 06:13 AM
Me: "Ficcare finally has those clips I was talking about that I want."
DH: "Ficcare? Isn't that what you say when you want your dragons to breathe fire?"

Wildcat Diva
June 22nd, 2019, 01:38 PM
That’s super hilarious!

cestlavie
June 22nd, 2019, 02:09 PM
I let my bun loose after a day of work and my two older brothers were in the living room as well, and they both went: since when do you have such long (ha) hair? Who are you? Are you our sister?

They have never seen me with hair that is longer than CBL. It was pretty funny and I felt flattered too because they also said it was beautiful :o

Six Seeds
June 23rd, 2019, 02:03 PM
My mother was just visiting and she was helping me clean out my dresser drawers. I pulled out the ponytail I cut off in 2017 (which she has already seen) and told her to hold it up to my current ponytail to see how much progress I've made. She said "I can't believe your hair was at your butt!"

I guess the length is more impressive against my body than it is in cut-tail form. :rolling:

TatsuOni
July 6th, 2019, 12:23 PM
I wore my hair in a Valkyrie ponytail today (a knot and the rest of the hair hanging down). After having told my friend a hundred times that:

"My hair's so short!"
she replied: "Your hair might be shorter than usual, but it's not short. No one would call it short!"
Me: "It's short! Some people would call it short!"

I admit that BCL may not be short, but it felt comfortably short to me :p

Jo Ann
July 10th, 2019, 02:53 PM
I was walking past a lady with CL+ hair and I mentioned to her in passing that many people find it hard to believe it only takes about 30 minutes/week to "do" our hair, including shampoo time. She smiled and agreed with me, mentioning she can't believe how long it takes someone with short hair to groom their hair, not to mention how many products they use.

We smiled and kept walking our separate ways... ;)

Atarah
July 12th, 2019, 07:37 PM
Recently had my husband cut 7"+ off my hair. From 1/4" shy of classic to somewhere between hip and tailbone. This was the conversation a couple evenings ago:

DH: Your hair is so short :(
Me: It's still way longer than it was when we met!
DH: Yeah, but it's short now.
Me: You didn't know what you had :p (in reference to him always teasing that my hair was short even at almost CL)
DH: I miss it (with a pretend crying face)

It's nice to know he appreciates my hair : )

lithostoic
July 12th, 2019, 08:18 PM
My fiance has CBL hair and wears it in a ponytail for work. Today he was doing chores in the house and his hair kept falling in his face but he didn't feel like putting it up. I put a headband on him XD he looked cute.

AuntyMiki
July 12th, 2019, 11:29 PM
That does sound cute😍

Six Seeds
July 13th, 2019, 01:12 AM
Upon seeing my air-drying hair last night, my partner looked over at me and asked, "Did you make your hair look like tentacles on purpose?" :laugh:

If I don't comb my hair after washing, the waves clump together and twist up like fat, loose spiral curls.

Cg
July 13th, 2019, 08:28 AM
Upon seeing my air-drying hair last night, my partner looked over at me and asked, "Did you make your hair look like tentacles on purpose?" :laugh:

If I don't comb my hair after washing, the waves clump together and twist up like fat, loose spiral curls.

Tentacles. How flattering.

enting
July 14th, 2019, 03:52 PM
Tentacles! Tentacles rock and make me think of a good friend of mine who liked saying the word in a funny voice. I absolutely would make my hair look like tentacles on purpose.

Sarahlabyrinth
July 14th, 2019, 03:55 PM
I was at a photo booth getting a series of official photos taken for my drivers' licence renewal. DH said: "You should send them one of the back of your head. "

I was like: :bigeyes: :rollin:

elise.autumn
July 14th, 2019, 06:15 PM
I braid my hair before each soccer game and a teammate said "you should wear it down or attach a rock to the end of your braid as a weapon".

Luna Starsetta
July 14th, 2019, 08:48 PM
Two things
First one:
(Its my wedding day ((we slept apart the night before)) and have just been pronounced husband and wife shortly after this happened)
DH: pulls me aside at the wedding and says "you took the argon oil!"
Me: well yes I did, i needed it for my hair...I left you the facial wash though.
DH: but I wanted to use the argon oil for my hair too. *small pouty face*
Me: oh i love you! And I am sorry dear. you should have told me I would have put some oil in another bottle for you.
DH: its okay I'll use some tonight before bed.
Me: *shakes my head* oh honey I love you!

Second:
(Were in the car today)
My mom: *compliments my hair*
Me: accepts compliment and comments its day 5!
My mom: I could never have guessed.
(She leaves)
The DH: I could tell it was close to wash day because you have those FlyAway's.
Me: *looks at him*
DH: oh no I'm using hair terminology like FlyAway's and I actually know what it means.... You might be happy that I know that. *looks proud of himself*
Me: actually I am quite proud of you for knowing that and actually I am washing my hair tonight!

Thought I would share! Lol!

Luna Starsetta
July 21st, 2019, 10:41 AM
So I went to breakfast this morning and I saw this child eating her breakfast her hair was the color of strawberry ginger. Very vibrant. I told her I loved her hair color and to never dye it. Or change it. And she looked at me and said I like your hair...don't ever cut it. And smiled. My heart. I said I promise I won't!

AmaryllisRed
July 21st, 2019, 12:46 PM
So I went to breakfast this morning and I saw this child eating her breakfast her hair was the color of strawberry ginger. Very vibrant. I told her I loved her hair color and to never dye it. Or change it. And she looked at me and said I like your hair...don't ever cut it. And smiled. My heart. I said I promise I won't!

Awwww how sweet! And kids are honest like that so you know she meant it. :)

Luna Starsetta
July 21st, 2019, 06:37 PM
Oh red you know it. That's why it have me some pride. Her mom even mentioned that she wants to grow repunzel hair like me. That of course got me to smile and I told the little one how long it is out of the braid and she said wow. Such a cutie

Stardreamer
July 24th, 2019, 06:34 PM
I wanted to put this somewhere. A woman I know has long, waist to hip length hair. It's straight and maybe with brownish blonde and the lower half has a really blonde colour. I asked to braid her hair and I made a sort of crown braid. She had a centre part so I began braiding on one side and ended the braid beside the opposite ear. I wrapped the braid around the top of her head, and I tucked the end in. I was kind of amazed her hair was long enough that the braid would work and be semi-secure (her hair is slippery and doesn't like updos). The blonde really stood out in her hair. Wow. I wished I could do that on my hair while I was braiding hers. We had a bit of discussion about her hair.

Then she took it down... it was amusing to me

Lady Stardust
July 25th, 2019, 03:59 AM
Two things
First one:
(Its my wedding day ((we slept apart the night before)) and have just been pronounced husband and wife shortly after this happened)
DH: pulls me aside at the wedding and says "you took the argon oil!"
Me: well yes I did, i needed it for my hair...I left you the facial wash though.
DH: but I wanted to use the argon oil for my hair too. *small pouty face*
Me: oh i love you! And I am sorry dear. you should have told me I would have put some oil in another bottle for you.
DH: its okay I'll use some tonight before bed.
Me: *shakes my head* oh honey I love you!

Second:
(Were in the car today)
My mom: *compliments my hair*
Me: accepts compliment and comments its day 5!
My mom: I could never have guessed.
(She leaves)
The DH: I could tell it was close to wash day because you have those FlyAway's.
Me: *looks at him*
DH: oh no I'm using hair terminology like FlyAway's and I actually know what it means.... You might be happy that I know that. *looks proud of himself*
Me: actually I am quite proud of you for knowing that and actually I am washing my hair tonight!

Thought I would share! Lol!

Oh how lovely :) Congratulations on your wedding!

Suortuva
August 2nd, 2019, 02:19 PM
We saw the new Aladdin movie, and my DH was like hey, look, there's a hair stick! (There were a hair slide with a stick), ha ha.

And we have visited some museums lately, and he has seen lots of hair sticks and other hair things. Some of them has actually been hair accessories, and some could have been... But because of some mysterious reason he's seeing hair toys everywhere...

Wildcat Diva
August 4th, 2019, 12:26 PM
This should cross-over to the “Aggressive Impulses: Hairtoy Weaponry” thread.

Was out to eat with the in-laws today. Haven’t seen them in over a year. After the meal we are congregating outside the restaurant. Visiting and taking photos together. Of course, to our mutual interests, we’ve been talking about all kinds of new tools/toys, from hiking water backpacks to knives and holsters.

Father-in-law reaches behind me to hug me, and he’s tall, so his hand goes behind my head and bumps my hair (cinnabun) pretty good. He gets the business end of my Baerreis fork, too.

“Whoops!” he says. “Got a blade hidden in there?”

I reply, not missing a beat, “not today!”

“I wouldn’t doubt it because you’ve always got some pointy implement sticking out of there.”

elise.autumn
August 4th, 2019, 02:10 PM
Wildcat Diva perfect

TatsuOni
August 5th, 2019, 05:58 AM
I was cleaning my fathers guest bathroom, when I found what wasn't just a bad plastic comb, but it also had plastic "saw blades" on the upper part of the teeth. So I sent a picture to a friend who's just as much of a hair geek as me:

Me: "Is is just me, or does this look like a torture device for hair?"
Friend: "Not just you!"
Friend: "Is it even meant to be used for hair? :confused: :mad"
Me: "Marketing: "Thin hair hair guaranteed within six months!""
Friend: "Whom does it even belong to?"
"Me: "Don't really know :p Found it in dads bathroom, so E's or forgotten by our relatives???"
Friend: "I vote that you throw it away!"

I did show it to my dad and he told me to throw it, so I happily did :p

Sarahlabyrinth
August 12th, 2019, 09:57 AM
We have some friends staying with us so have been taking them sightseeing. We went into our local town so they could see a 16th century tower. They climbed to the top to see the views and I waited for them at the base. While I was waiting a family with a little girl walked up to see the tower. The mother said to me "I told her it's Rapunzel's tower so she's excited to see it." She then noticed my hair in a paranda braid and said "Wow, look at your hair." I said "Maybe I'm Rapunzel." The woman turned to the little girl and said "Look, there's Rapunzel, look at her long hair." The little girl stood behind me looking at my braid and saying "Ooh. Ooh... Rapunzel. Rapunzel!" She was so awestruck! I was chuckling to myself....:rollin:

JennGalt
August 12th, 2019, 05:33 PM
That must have been pretty amazing for the little girl, getting to see Rapunzel at her castle :)

~~~~

Backstory: I’m adopted and everyone else in my family has type one hair and had zero idea how to deal with a thick, tangle prone mass of curls other than to chop it very short.

I saw my mom today and had my hair in a braid. Normally it’s bunned, so she hasn’t seen the length in quite a while. Soon after we arrived she asked me, “Is that all your hair or have you gotten extensions?” I told her it was all mine, and that I don’t need extensions now that I’ve figured out how to take care of curly hair without burning it into submission with a flatiron. I didn’t undo my braid because we were in a bit of a hurry, but I showed her how long it is most days when it’s down. She was amazed. I think the idea of caring for long curly hair is mind boggling to her :lol:

I also saw some pictures my parents had from my flatironing days. Yikes. Never again!

Vacurlylady
August 12th, 2019, 05:54 PM
We have some friends staying with us so have been taking them sightseeing. We went into our local town so they could see a 16th century tower. They climbed to the top to see the views and I waited for them at the base. While I was waiting a family with a little girl walked up to see the tower. The mother said to me "I told her it's Rapunzel's tower so she's excited to see it." She then noticed my hair in a paranda braid and said "Wow, look at your hair." I said "Maybe I'm Rapunzel." The woman turned to the little girl and said "Look, there's Rapunzel, look at her long hair." The little girl stood behind me looking at my braid and saying "Ooh. Ooh... Rapunzel. Rapunzel!" She was so awestruck! I was chuckling to myself....:rollin:

Cute! I wanna be like you when my hair grows! 🥰

Groovy Granny
August 12th, 2019, 09:19 PM
That is priceless....I love it...and you could pull it off with your length :love:

RunOnCaffeine
August 13th, 2019, 12:14 PM

I love this :D I bet you made her day!

Sarahlabyrinth
August 13th, 2019, 01:00 PM
I love this :D I bet you made her day!

It kind of made my day! :D Hopefully it made hers.

MusicalSpoons
August 13th, 2019, 01:07 PM
Aww Sarahlabyrinth that's both awesome and cute! :heart:

Sarahlabyrinth
August 13th, 2019, 01:12 PM
Aww Sarahlabyrinth that's both awesome and cute! :heart:

It really was :)

Luna Starsetta
August 14th, 2019, 06:25 PM
That was amazing to read! And sounds like a memory that will say with the little girl!

Sarahlabyrinth
August 27th, 2019, 07:55 AM
That was amazing to read! And sounds like a memory that will say with the little girl!

Maybe it will make her want to grow her hair :)

This afternoon I asked DH what colour my scalp hair was, whether it was more blonde or more silver. He said: "It's silver. No, wait, it looks blonde. Why does it look blonde?" I replied, "I don't know, it's years since it had blonde dye on it, it must just be my natural colour." DH: "Now it has darker bits on it too!" Me: It makes it interesting to look at, I guess." DH: "It makes me go cross-eyed..." :p :hmm:

JackintheBox
September 3rd, 2019, 09:03 PM
I was at a family reunion over the weekend and was shocked to see that one of my uncles if growing his hair out. He is currently sporting a still thick head of 50% gray hair that looked great. I talked with him a ton and he is hilarious but my favorite comment was the following:

For context he's the only guy in the house with his wife and 4 daughters. On why he decided to grow his hair out: I was sick of having to clean the hair out of the drains every week, having the vacuum break, hair bands scattered everywhere, and mountains of conditioner in the bathroom. Then I had an epiphany, if you can't beat 'em , join 'em.

ManeGoal
September 3rd, 2019, 10:36 PM
Jackinthebox that's hilarious!:D.

I was complaining about my annoying chin length hair to no one in particular but just out loud. my three year little girl was listening, ,(who when asked about how long she wants her hair will take her hand and place it on top of her head and proceed to run it down the length of herself to the floor saying "this long, like Repunal".) anyway, I was complaining aloud a missing the choice out put my hair in braids and buns, and my three year old says, "well you shouldn't have cut it". She wasn't crazy about me cutting it, the little long hair. She's wiser then her mommy, she knows what she wants.

Knittink
September 5th, 2019, 06:10 AM
I was recently at a reunion for my DH’s family. Two of his cousins wear their hair in long english braids. One has a braid below classic and one has a TB length braid. I was commenting on how pristine their braid looked at the end of the day, barely any shred. My DH pops off with, “(name) has more taper, she probably has layers though.” I just stared for a while. Guess he is listening when I talk about LHC stuff all the time.

Sarahlabyrinth
September 5th, 2019, 10:22 AM
I was recently at a reunion for my DH’s family. Two of his cousins wear their hair in long english braids. One has a braid below classic and one has a TB length braid. I was commenting on how pristine their braid looked at the end of the day, barely any shred. My DH pops off with, “(name) has more taper, she probably has layers though.” I just stared for a while. Guess he is listening when I talk about LHC stuff all the time.

Yup, sometimes they do come out with things that make you think they have been listening when we rabbit on about hair things... :p

Zesty
September 15th, 2019, 12:47 PM
It's wash day...

Husband: Your hair looks pretty!
Me: Thanks! *immediately douses in coconut oil and puts on heat cap*
Husband: ...What is this majestic creature.
Me: *gestures at corgi* She's a dog.

MusicalSpoons
September 15th, 2019, 02:49 PM
This is always one of my favourite threads :D
ManeGoal that's very good!

Quite a few fun comments tonight as I wore it in a braid (special occasion = rare hairstyle!)

"Oh it could be your tail, it sits and comes out just *there*"
"Ow it whacked my knee <fake sobs, rubbing the 'injury' site>" - cue several weapon comments :lol:
In response to saying I can't use it as a scarf because it's too itchy "It's your own hair, you're not supposed to be allergic to it!"
A fun exchange about rebunning at the wrong time when an express train goes past, and being stuck with a wall of hair whooshed out sideways, then we got on to ice pools and hair freezing (yes, I'm pretty sure it would snap off if you break it in icicle form).

And the best one, via Whatsapp from a male (married) friend:
"[Picture]
So when you were talking to Vince I noticed the ribbon in your hair. I thought it was so pretty I stopped to take a pic. It was only afterwards I realised how weird it must have looked me very obviously taking a picture of your bum :doh:"
:laugh:

MusicalSpoons
September 15th, 2019, 03:04 PM
Double post, stoopid internet - sorry!

elise.autumn
September 15th, 2019, 03:36 PM
MusicalSpoons hahaha these are great!

TatsuOni
September 20th, 2019, 10:33 AM
A few days ago, SO was going to cut some fabric, so I handed him my scissor (don't know the exact name in English, but it's made for it).

Me: "It's the same rule as for my hair scissor. Abuse it and die!"
SO: "Or buy a new one that costs twice as much."
Me: "Or that."
SO: "I would go with the second option!"
Me: "Or just don't abuse it in the first place."

enting
September 21st, 2019, 01:21 PM
A few days ago, SO was going to cut some fabric, so I handed him my scissor (don't know the exact name in English, but it's made for it).

Fabric shears? Though as an English speaker I use "scissor" for both. In fact I use the fabric ones for my hair, too.

MusicalSpoons
September 21st, 2019, 01:56 PM
Fabric shears? Though as an English speaker I use "scissor" for both. In fact I use the fabric ones for my hair, too.

I call them fabric scissors too. It's only since coming here I understand why Mum was so frustrated when we used her pairs - yes, multiple - for other things :couch: not even just as children, but as teenagers too :oops: <hangs head in shame>

enting
September 21st, 2019, 02:01 PM
I call them fabric scissors too. It's only since coming here I understand why Mum was so frustrated when we used her pairs - yes, multiple - for other things :couch: not even just as children, but as teenagers too :oops: <hangs head in shame>

I have used my OWN scissors for other things before I knew better! I still have and use those scissors, but I have sharpened the heck out of them in the interim. Perhaps I should buy a new pair someday.

TatsuOni
September 22nd, 2019, 07:04 AM

Then I'll call it fabric scissor in English :)

enting
September 22nd, 2019, 11:12 AM
It wasn't much of a conversation, but I ran into an old flatmate tonight. She said "I thought it was you, but I didn't remember your hair being that long."

My hair is tied up in knotted pigtails that effectively makes the length appear about an inch or two below BSL, while I'm actually hovering around classic! I was very amused. BSL was about as long as I could grow when I lived with her, which was about 15 years ago.

barnet_fair
September 22nd, 2019, 01:40 PM
Then I'll call it fabric scissor in English :)

I call them "fabric shears" in English (UK), just to confuse matters!

barnet_fair
September 22nd, 2019, 01:44 PM
Me: Should I cut in face-framing layers?
DH: What does that mean?
Me: [explains what face-framing layers are]
DH: I'll still love you if you ruin your hair.

He doesn't express a lot of opinions about my hair (although I know he likes it long), but I think this might be his way of saying no!

Crystawni
September 22nd, 2019, 07:52 PM

My mum was a post WWII seamstress, and referred to them as dressmaking shears (long blades of uneven length, uneven finger/thumb hole size), or tailor shears for the heavier/larger ones. Scissors were smaller in size, even-sized when it came to blade length and handle holes, and used moreso for the sewing side of things.

TatsuOni
September 23rd, 2019, 03:09 AM
I call them "fabric shears" in English (UK), just to confuse matters!

My mum was a post WWII seamstress, and referred to them as dressmaking shears (long blades of uneven length, uneven finger/thumb hole size), or tailor shears for the heavier/larger ones. Scissors were smaller in size, even-sized when it came to blade length and handle holes, and used moreso for the sewing side of things.

Perhaps I should just call it "a tool for cutting fabric" :laugh:

In Swedish it's called "sysax"/"tygsax/skräddarsax" = sewing scissor/fabric scissor/tailor scissor. So I guess that English has just as many names.

MusicalSpoons
September 23rd, 2019, 06:06 AM

Ohhhhh that makes sense - I see 'shears' used for haircutting scissors online (UK) but then we also get value packs of 'scissors' for general household use with a mix of medium and large, even and uneven blades and finger/thumbholes. (However, hedgecutting shears have even blades and even handles, but are far too huge to be called scissors :hmm:) Fascinating!

Crystawni
October 23rd, 2019, 11:14 PM
After returning from being outside just now, this was the chat with my hubster as he checked the current temperature on this rather warm day.

His Shorthairedship: "Wind gusts of 34 kilometres per hour. Where?"

Meeee: "Oath it's windy out there. You wouldn't be able to tell because you haven't got hair flying in your face."

*ducks, waiting for the inevitable*

His Shorthairedship: "I do so,

(Meee: :suspect:)

when I'm standing next to you."

:disgust:

Sarahlabyrinth
October 24th, 2019, 05:32 AM
After returning from being outside just now, this was the chat with my hubster as he checked the current temperature on this rather warm day.

Meeee: "Oath it's windy out there. You wouldn't be able to tell because you haven't got hair flying in your face."

:rollin: That sounds like something my DH would say!

Luna Starsetta
October 24th, 2019, 04:02 PM

this is awesome it put a smile on my face cause that is most certainly true!

Linden
October 30th, 2019, 05:36 PM
The other day I was at the library using one of the computers to search for a book. The lady at the next computer leaned over and said in a bright, cheery tone "You know, I almost thought your hair was real!". Note that this was the first thing she said to me, a complete stranger. I really wasn't sure how to respond.

TatsuOni
January 27th, 2020, 08:50 AM
Perhaps not much of a conversation, but entertaning to me :p

Yesterday I saw a long black hair poking out from my fathers shirt and I said:
"I was going to ask why have my hair in your clothes, but it's probably a horse hair."

It actually felt nice to (probably) not be the one responsible for someone having long black hairs, in their clothes :laugh:

vpatt
January 27th, 2020, 10:00 AM
Perhaps not much of a conversation, but entertaning to me :p

Yesterday I saw a long black hair poking out from my fathers shirt and I said:
"I was going to ask why have my hair in your clothes, but it's probably a horse hair."

It actually felt nice to (probably) not be the one responsible for someone having long black hairs, in their clothes :laugh:

Lol. I find myself examining those random hairs to try and determine that they are from SOMEONE ELSE and not always from my head. Of couse, mine have more silver than the others here......sigh

TatsuOni
January 27th, 2020, 10:26 AM
Lol. I find myself examining those random hairs to try and determine that they are from SOMEONE ELSE and not always from my head. Of couse, mine have more silver than the others here......sigh

The only ones with the same lenght as I, around here are horses :laugh:

shelomit
January 27th, 2020, 02:08 PM

Now that I am helping out at my parents' house, I am getting (good-naturedly) blamed for *all* of the shed hair lying around. Only a couple of times have I rules-lawyered it out, held the offending hair up to the light, and demonstrated that it was definitely not my color/texture ( ;

TatsuOni
February 22nd, 2020, 12:41 PM
Not as entertaining as "sweet".

I was at a birthday party today and my grandmother grabs my battle braid, as soon as I sit down beside her:
GM: Can you do this braid yourself!?
Me: "Of course."
GM: "It's beautiful!"
GM turns to the other people in the room: "My mother had hair this long and beautiful, but it was a lighter color."
Me: "I dye mine."
GM: "So do I. Otherwise it would be white. Or I use a semi permanent dye. It gets lighter with every wash."

Lately she gets very nostalgic whenever she sees my hair and talks about her mothers :o

Milady_DeWinter
February 25th, 2020, 09:50 PM
Awww that is so sweet Tatsu :blossom:

Suortuva
February 26th, 2020, 02:34 AM
DH has become so hair conscious. He saw a woman with a huge curly bun, and said to me 'I bet she has donut bun forms inside, maybe even two'.

Then he came up with a plan how to apply two forms above each other, it sounded a bit complicated, but he said he would demonstrate it with my hair, which he though is long enough for his plan, but I doubt it's not.

Milady_DeWinter
February 26th, 2020, 02:58 AM
DH has become so hair conscious. He saw a woman with a huge curly bun, and said to me 'I bet she has donut bun forms inside, maybe even two'.

Then he came up with a plan how to apply two forms above each other, it sounded a bit complicated, but he said he would demonstrate it with my hair, which he though is long enough for his plan, but I doubt it's not.

OMG love it XDDD

A co-worker was convinced I was using donuts all the time, because when I started working I was wearing my hair up all the time - I think it was the 2nd or 3rd month when they saw my hair loose (was a shock at the office must say, people from other departments came just to look at me :bigeyes: :doh:) So, one day I casually redid my bun in front of her and she was taken aback: Told me she thought I was always wearing a giant donut and a zillion hairpins, instead of just a slim stick :rollin:

Suortuva
February 26th, 2020, 03:34 AM
OMG love it XDDD

A co-worker was convinced I was using donuts all the time, because when I started working I was wearing my hair up all the time - I think it was the 2nd or 3rd month when they saw my hair loose (was a shock at the office must say, people from other departments came just to look at me :bigeyes: :doh:) So, one day I casually redid my bun in front of her and she was taken aback: Told me she thought I was always wearing a giant donut and a zillion hairpins, instead of just a slim stick :rollin:

Ha ha :cool:

By the way, I'm quite sure the woman we saw didn't have any donuts, she just had thick and long curly hair in a messy bun. DH is used to my type of hair...

TatsuOni
February 26th, 2020, 12:04 PM
OMG love it XDDD

That's hilarious :laugh:

pailin
February 27th, 2020, 12:28 AM

Might not be remembering correctly, but I thought I remember someone posting a picture at Christmas time a while back of their hair with 3 different sizes of donuts to make a christmas tree.

Suortuva
February 27th, 2020, 01:42 AM
Might not be remembering correctly, but I thought I remember someone posting a picture at Christmas time a while back of their hair with 3 different sizes of donuts to make a christmas tree.

Yes, we have somewhere a thread with hilarious hair pictures, this made me think about it. I think someone was using a bottle as a donut form and then we had a face bun too... :D

pailin
February 27th, 2020, 06:34 AM
Yes, we have somewhere a thread with hilarious hair pictures, this made me think about it. I think someone was using a bottle as a donut form and then we had a face bun too... :D

That's right, might have been a bottle!

Sarahlabyrinth
February 27th, 2020, 06:42 AM

Yep, that was me, using a bottle! :D

pailin
February 27th, 2020, 08:10 PM
Yep, that was me, using a bottle! :D

I thought it might have been you, bt wasn't sure if I should say since I wasn't sure!

TatsuOni
February 28th, 2020, 07:49 AM

Wasn't the donuts in a hair snowman?

MusicalSpoons
February 28th, 2020, 08:21 AM

The face bun was me :D but the bottles were genius - definitely a thread to be revived!

Edit: here's the thread, with the bottle that started it all ;) https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=150771

elise.autumn
February 28th, 2020, 10:56 AM
Aaaaa the face bun. These are great.

Alexandrina
February 28th, 2020, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the link, those are hilarious

cjk
February 29th, 2020, 02:24 PM
To my mother it is inconceivable that random strangers come up and pay anyone compliments. Particularly to a man, and about his hair.

Today we ordered Domino's, picked it up at the store. In the parking lot, I had a woman come up to me, touch me on the shoulder, and tell me that I have amazing hair.

In front of my mother.

Getting compliments is a thing that happens. I'm sure we all get them, everyone on this forum has got incredible hair.

But I think it is particularly funny that today it happened right in front of my mother.

Yesterday it happened three times, including two men who wanted to compliment my beard and one woman who almost started jumping up and down when she saw that I was wearing a hair chopstick. That's how she described it. Hair chopstick.

The other day I was in an elevator at a hospital, and had two women complimenting me; one made the comment that if she was able to do her hair like that (braids) she would wear it that way every day.

My mom always looks at me with disbelief when I tell her, but today it happened right in front of her.

Very entertaining ride back to the house.

squirrrel
February 29th, 2020, 11:31 PM
Talking compliments, I was talking with someone a few weeks back about fidgeting. I admitted that I stroke my braid end quite a lot, it helps me concentrate. Her response was that she finds my hair mesmerising. I thought that was a wonderful compliment.

CJK... I don’t normally get strangers complimenting me, and even with people who know me it’s rare here. However I wonder if it’s partially to do with the fact that you break the norm, and people feel more inclined to let you know how good it looks.

cjk
March 1st, 2020, 06:23 AM
CJK... I don’t normally get strangers complimenting me, and even with people who know me it’s rare here. However I wonder if it’s partially to do with the fact that you break the norm, and people feel more inclined to let you know how good it looks.

It's always happened to me, at every age, and in every style. Whem I wore the standard business man's taper I would have the same thing happen, though from slightly different people.

When I grew the beard, same thing. When I was shaved completely bald, same thing. Flat top, ditto.

I've always deviated from every mold, but not so obviously on the outside.

squirrrel
March 1st, 2020, 11:20 AM
Cool. And the important thing is that you like the style you wear, so all good.

AmaryllisRed
March 20th, 2020, 02:01 PM
Talked to my mom on the phone for the first time in a while today (I've had a cough). She said, "I haven't seen you in so long! Do you still have long hair?" :rollin:
Yes, Mom. Yes, I do.

TatsuOni
May 28th, 2020, 08:21 AM
I went thrifrting with my mother yesterday and my mother found a sweater (she owns a lot of them already).

Me, while picking up a hair scarf: "Do you really need another sweater?"
Mother: "You can never have too many sweaters!"
Me laughing: "You can! But you can not have too many hair scarves or shoes!"

A while later my mother pays for her stuff and is about to leave the store but stops as I'm not coming.

Mother: "Did you buy something? I didn't see that you found something? Wait, did you by another hair scarf!?" :laugh:

AmaryllisRed
June 16th, 2020, 05:42 PM
Gah!
I took my boys to get their MUCH needed haircuts today. And the lady who cut my oldest's asked me how I did my hair! I had it in a French braid with the length in a LWB, held with my sunflower flexi. She had a French braid with the length in a ponytail. I had noticed how pretty it was when I walked in. I told her about LWB's and stick buns. I NEVER get hair comments, especially since it's always up.

purple_omelette
June 16th, 2020, 06:48 PM
Haha reading through this thread is wonderful! :D I always get the googly-eyes when I tell people how long my hair is (it's always up, and because it's ii thickness, it compacts down quite a lot). People are genuinely shocked that it is as long as it is.

I do get a warm fuzzy feeling when someone compliments my braiding skills, as I think the nicest compliments one can receive are about skills and abilities, rather than appearances: I feel like I've achieved something when someone says my braid looks nice, as opposed to just saying I have nice hair!

Jo Ann
June 17th, 2020, 11:21 AM
I'm looking through my hair dyes, trying to decide which way to go. I've got my choices narrowed down to two, but don't have a quarter to flip. I go to my Youngest Dear Son (YDS) to decide for me...

*knock knock*

YDS: Yes?

Me: I can't decide which color to do my hair. Purple or green?

YDS: Purple.

Me: Thank you!

Iyashikei
June 17th, 2020, 12:45 PM
Me and my mom talking the other day.

Mom: You know, I dreamed about you last night. You went out to get a haircut and came back with short hair. You said you made up your mind and wanted your hair short now.

Me: Well, you prefer me with short hair anyway.

Mom: But not that short. It was as short as your stepdads.

Me: Yeah, that won't suit me alright.

AmaryllisRed
June 17th, 2020, 03:34 PM
I'm looking through my hair dyes, trying to decide which way to go. I've got my choices narrowed down to two, but don't have a quarter to flip. I go to my Youngest Dear Son (YDS) to decide for me...

*knock knock*

YDS: Yes?

Me: I can't decide which color to do my hair. Purple or green?

YDS: Purple.

Me: Thank you!

Haha! How old is he?
I always ask my kids stuff like that. Which shoes look better with this outfit, etc. :)

meepster
June 17th, 2020, 04:03 PM
My 4 year old daughter calls updos “updoops” and credits them to various composers. The other day, she asked for “an updoop by Scott Joplin”. I did my best to oblige. :)

MusicalSpoons
June 17th, 2020, 04:28 PM
My 4 year old daughter calls updos “updoops” and credits them to various composers. The other day, she asked for “an updoop by Scott Joplin”. I did my best to oblige. :)

Awwww so cute!! :heartbeat:heartbeat:heartbeat

Jo Ann
June 18th, 2020, 01:57 AM
Haha! How old is he?
I always ask my kids stuff like that. Which shoes look better with this outfit, etc. :)

YDS is 21. He's my Mini-Me--same sense of humor, same outlook on life.

He calls my dyeing my hair different colors each month my "second adolescence" :p

Sarahlabyrinth
June 23rd, 2020, 07:57 AM
DH and I were having lunch at a restaurant today (in this country, the main meal of the day is eaten at midday, so we were there a good couple of hours). I was wearing my hair in a paranda braid which reached the floor when i was siting down. The proprietor of the restaurant had her nephew there, an eight year old. She came and asked me if he could come over and see my braid, as he was fascinated by it. I replied that of course he could.

But he was too shy to come over. We could see him looking at it from the far end of the restaurant, and as we continued our meal, DH began chuckling. I asked him what was so funny and he said "He's stalking you. He's hiding behind the tables so he can get closer." Then he chuckled some more and said "Now he's crawling under the tables on hands and knees and popping his head up over the edge of the tables to look at your hair better and to get get closer." "Now he is at the table right behind you, looking over the top of the table at your braid." I thought this was all pretty funny, so I waited a little while, then turned around and said "Bonjour." He squeaked out a "Bonjour" and scuttled back to his mother...

So, it seems I have a French stalker... :rollin:

Lady Stardust
June 23rd, 2020, 03:34 PM

Oh I love it :)

TatsuOni
June 27th, 2020, 02:54 AM
Just ignore this post

AmaryllisRed
June 27th, 2020, 07:14 AM
Oh Sarah that's adorable!

lilbee
June 27th, 2020, 07:27 AM
@meepster : awwww now I want to have "updoops" too ! Updoops sound sooooo much sweeter than updos, don't they !!! :)

@sarahlabyrinth : such a sweet and funny story ! :heartbeat kids always seem to be fascinated by very long hair, like there is some magic behind it, , lol. I had my first "rapunzel" comment a few months ago and I consider it an achievement in terms of hair length, ha ha ha !

elise.autumn
July 1st, 2020, 06:58 AM
sarah awww that is so cute

I visited my family and talked with our neighbor who sees me around twice a year. My hair was in a bun, but she asked how long it was now.

She said when she was younger, her hair was to her knees. I never knew! She has medium length grey hair now, but I bet she had LHC-worthy knee length blonde hair when she was younger. That was neat to discover.

TatsuOni
July 31st, 2020, 02:12 AM
Text conversation with one of my brothers yesterday (we're neighbours):

Brother: "Have you been at my place, spying?"
Me: "No. Why? :p"
Brother: "Found a super long hair in the refrigerator"
Me: "Haha :p"

Iyashikei
July 31st, 2020, 07:04 AM
Me, who sees boss coming in: It's haircut week I guess?
Coworker: Seems like it. My hair has been cut too.
Me: Yeah, that's why I mentioned it.
Boss: What's the matter?
Coworker: Nothing. Iyashikei just wondered if it was haircut week because both you and me had one this week.
Boss: Oh? Then it must be. But tell me Iyashikei, when are you going?
Me: ...
Boss: I'm joking. Nowadays it's accepted to wear your hair long as long as it's well cared for. You're not even due for one.
Coworker: Indeed. If it's well cared for and it suits you there isn't any problem. However some clients here really should be ashamed of how unkempt their hair is.
Boss: Yes, and that's why people don't like us having long hair. I'll tell you something. Back when I was young I worked for someone who couldn't stand "those young bastards with their long hair" but when he saw me and my long curls he complimented me on them.

elise.autumn
August 2nd, 2020, 07:39 PM
Iyashikei that's neat. I'm glad your coworkers support your hair. Not that you need their approval, but it's still nice.

Cue mini ramble about professional women's hair in the US:

Most professional women have both medium/short and straight hair. I have neither and I think I always look somewhat unprofessional, no matter what outfit I wear. And even wearing a bun, my hair is still obviously wurly, and has the natural frizz that goes along with that texture.

In a past job where I wore my hair down a lot, some people suggested could model, probably because I was tall and looked different (this was honestly a bit weird and confusing to handle at work - I don't mean this as a brag - and it made me uncomfortably self-conscious at work). Someone else suggested that I could look good with my hair shorter. I do feel like my hair doesn't look like it belongs in an office. Really, with my clothing style, I rarely look like I belong in an office. :)

Funny thing is, I spend much less time and money on my hair than my current coworkers, who do have pretty hair, but regularly dye and straighten. One girl has a naturally wurly texture like mine but both straightens and then curls again to have a more controlled, wavy look.

Thankfully, I work in an industry with few fashion standards, and I don't care to look shiny professional.

boc69
August 9th, 2020, 12:01 PM
I think it baffles a lot of men! After all, generally they wash and go (to quote a brand) or mess about with some gel or wax for a bit, but that is normally it.

I LOVE products and brands. Could happily spend an hour in the chemist staring at the shelves or online searching Amazon or beauty and hair suppliers.

Ever since I decided to treat my hair nicely and grow it out I have become an obsessed hair freak!
i love the hair care aisle with my gf.i love beautiful hair

spirals
August 9th, 2020, 10:35 PM
In the '90s I flat-ironed my hair so much that it would break off into the sink. I was trying to look professional. I was in dry California so I didn't know how curly it could get but it looked unkempt to me. Now it's always up.

Alexandrina
August 9th, 2020, 10:49 PM
In the '90s I flat-ironed my hair so much that it would break off into the sink. I was trying to look professional. I was in dry California so I didn't know how curly it could get but it looked unkempt to me. Now it's always up.

Oh no at that much breakage! I probably wouldn't even have blinked at it tho before I learned about taking care of long hair.
Your curly hair looks so nice, it makes me sad that curly is not considered as professional as straight to a lot of people even today.

Iyashikei
August 10th, 2020, 07:04 AM
Oh no at that much breakage! I probably wouldn't even have blinked at it tho before I learned about taking care of long hair.
Your curly hair looks so nice, it makes me sad that curly is not considered as professional as straight to a lot of people even today.
I think lots of people only consider it as professional if it's artificial curls. You know, the ones that are clearly done with a curling iron. Although I've had teachers and met bank employees with the same curling pattern as spirals and one of our part timers has a wonderful bunch of natural curls. Unfortunately we work with food and she refuses to do any hairstyle but wearing it down.

spirals
August 11th, 2020, 07:20 PM
I think lots of people only consider it as professional if it's artificial curls. You know, the ones that are clearly done with a curling iron. Although I've had teachers and met bank employees with the same curling pattern as spirals and one of our part timers has a wonderful bunch of natural curls. Unfortunately we work with food and she refuses to do any hairstyle but wearing it down. I assume she has it above shoulder level? I would think an updo would be required otherwise. I completely know what you mean about artificial curls. I used to do those, too, and the heated rollers damaged my hair as well. I'm shocked I've got to tailbone.

Thank you! I'm not sure what the corporate climate is nowadays. If my coworker can get away with a hip-length Ariel mermaid wig in the office, I guess it's pretty casual haha. Now that I'm working from home I don't even brush it in the morning.

Dark40
August 11th, 2020, 08:09 PM
I've always remember having hair conversations with my late girlfriend on the phone. When we first met I asked her, "What is your favorite hair product?" She said, "Pantene Pro-V," and I told her that is also my favorite hair product as well! It's also funny that one day when we were talking on the phone before we hung up she went, "My hair is to my butt!" I said, "Really? Wow! And, that was because I hadn't seen here within a few months. That brings back some many good memories! It's also so funny that I asked her one day at school, "What was the longest your hair hair ever been in high school?" and she told me, "To my thighs!" I was in total shock!

Iyashikei
August 11th, 2020, 09:21 PM
I assume she has it above shoulder level? I would think an updo would be required otherwise. I completely know what you mean about artificial curls. I used to do those, too, and the heated rollers damaged my hair as well. I'm shocked I've got to tailbone.

Thank you! I'm not sure what the corporate climate is nowadays. If my coworker can get away with a hip-length Ariel mermaid wig in the office, I guess it's pretty casual haha. Now that I'm working from home I don't even brush it in the morning.
Nope. It's solid mbl. I'm shocked I never hear any clients about it.

I've always remember having hair conversations with my late girlfriend on the phone. When we first met I asked her, "What is your favorite hair product?" She said, "Pantene Pro-V," and I told her that is also my favorite hair product as well! It's also funny that one day when we were talking on the phone before we hung up she went, "My hair is to my butt!" I said, "Really? Wow! And, that was because I hadn't seen here within a few months. That brings back some many good memories! It's also so funny that I asked her one day at school, "What was the longest your hair hair ever been in high school?" and she told me, "To my thighs!" I was in total shock!

Sounds like some beautiful memories indeed.

Jane99
August 11th, 2020, 09:55 PM
My best friend from school also had hair that seemed to grow so fast. Beautiful long red super healthy soft and silky hair. She donated it to Locks of Love one year and it seemed like it grew right back over night. I think it was down to her butt too but can’t remember. Last time I visited her (she lives across the country now) I asked her what type of conditioner she uses... and I think she said just regular Head n Shoulders.

Dark40
August 12th, 2020, 10:06 AM
Nope. It's solid mbl. I'm shocked I never hear any clients about it.

Sounds like some beautiful memories indeed.

Yes, they were some beautiful memories indeed.

Dark40
August 12th, 2020, 10:59 AM
My best friend from school also had hair that seemed to grow so fast. Beautiful long red super healthy soft and silky hair. She donated it to Locks of Love one year and it seemed like it grew right back over night. I think it was down to her butt too but can’t remember. Last time I visited her (she lives across the country now) I asked her what type of conditioner she uses... and I think she said just regular Head n Shoulders.

Wow! I bet your best friend from high school's hair did seemed to grow very fast. I also bet that it was beautiful, long red super healthy soft and silky hair too. Ahhhh, that was very sweet of her that she donated it to Locks of Love. I also bet that it seemed like it grew right back over night. She might have been doing something to make it grow right back over night. Or, to even make it grow very fast. She might have been taking hair vitamin supplements or something. Wow, I bet her hair was to he butt if you could remember.

I had a best friend from high school too that had a beautiful head of long medium brown hair, and it was super healthy soft and silky. When we first met it was thick, curly, and very long like at BCL! But during her graduation year she had gotten all of her BCL relaxed! I was in total shock! It was the most gorgeous long relaxed hair I had ever seen. Her hair also seemed to grow very fast too., Because, I hadn't seen her in 3 months and she cut a few inches off up to BSL, and then another 3 months had passed by, and I noticed that her BCL hair had grown all of the way back again. I've always wanted to ask her....what type of hair products was she using.

TatsuOni
August 14th, 2020, 06:57 AM
We have new neighbours and we mostly communicate in English, since they don't know much Swedish and I don't speak a lot of Finnish. This conversation with the woman two doors away, took place a few days ago.

Neighbour: "You have long hair!
Me: "Yes"
Neighbour: "The girls told me it was" points on her thigh with her hand.
Me: Points to around half a decimeter above my knee.
Neighbour with big eyes: "Really! I haven't seen it yet, but the girls have. But I will!" The last sentence was said with a very determined voice :laugh:

Jools69
August 14th, 2020, 07:22 AM
We have new neighbours and we mostly communicate in English, since they don't know much Swedish and I don't speak a lot of Finnish. This conversation with the woman two doors away, took place a few days ago.

Neighbour with big eyes: "Really! I haven't seen it yet, but the girls have. But I will!" The last sentence was said with a very determined voice :laugh:

She does seem to be very determined to see all of your hair! :laugh:

I just finished work and both my manager and a colleague asked me if only the hair stick in my hair was holding up my nautilus bun. They were amazed to find out is was and I explained and later demonstrated how :)

TatsuOni
August 14th, 2020, 07:27 AM

I just finished work and both my manager and a colleague asked me if only the hair stick in my hair was holding up my nautilus bun. They were amazed to find out is was and I explained and later demonstrated how :)

Hair sticks are like maic wands :p Normal people desn't understand how they can work :laugh:

Jools69
August 14th, 2020, 07:36 AM
Hair sticks are like maic wands :p Normal people desn't understand how they can work :laugh:

Indeed. :laugh:

Feral_
August 14th, 2020, 10:54 AM

Be afraid, be very afraid.. new stalker neighbour lol! I saw a friend who hadn’t seen me since last year and the first thing she said was “Wow you’re hair’s grown!” It made my day :D

Hair stick sorcery! I had my hair up in nautilus today too, and when I took my pin out to show Mr Feral a bun drop, nothing moved! :laugh:

Baba Yaga
August 14th, 2020, 12:59 PM
Hair stick sorcery! I had my hair up in nautilus today too, and when I took my pin out to show Mr Feral a bun drop, nothing moved!

I love it when hair keeps up like that, even if it's only for a few seconds! My sister's hair does that when it's still slightly wet. Mine is just to thin/straight to stay curled up when I remove the hairpin/scrunchie. I adore gravity-defying hair sculptures.

TatsuOni
August 15th, 2020, 06:48 AM
Be afraid, be very afraid.. new stalker neighbour lol! I saw a friend who hadn’t seen me since last year and the first thing she said was “Wow you’re hair’s grown!” It made my day :D

Hair stick sorcery! I had my hair up in nautilus today too, and when I took my pin out to show Mr Feral a bun drop, nothing moved! :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Cg
August 15th, 2020, 09:44 AM

I expect you'll accommodate her some time if it's convenient. Recently a friend came to my house and asked me to take mine down so she could see the length. People only ever see it up, so she was quite surprised.

Feral_
August 15th, 2020, 10:08 AM
I love it when hair keeps up like that, even if it's only for a few seconds! My sister's hair does that when it's still slightly wet. Mine is just to thin/straight to stay curled up when I remove the hairpin/scrunchie. I adore gravity-defying hair sculptures.

I think mine does it because of the sebum (I do WO). The other day I put it in a plait and at some point the hair tie fell out - didn’t realise til later in the day as it was still in its braid! I spent the rest of the time worrying where the tie was as I hate to think of it as litter or getting tangled around some poor little creature :(

TatsuOni
August 16th, 2020, 06:21 AM
I expect you'll accommodate her some time if it's convenient. Recently a friend came to my house and asked me to take mine down so she could see the length. People only ever see it up, so she was quite surprised.

I mostly wear mine up, but I sometimes comb or let it dry outside, so she'll see it at some point :p

spirals
August 24th, 2020, 11:43 PM
It's sort of a conversation--I found a post on a video of Exposé's "Come Go With Me".

Españas Princesa Úrsula
3 weeks ago
In 1987 I made my international modeling debut to this song! I had all my hair up in a hat and then at the extended *come go with me" I went to the end of the catwalk and put my head back while letting my thigh length hair flow out of the hat. Thank you for being with me at that moment Expose, as well as in my memories.

elise.autumn
October 10th, 2020, 04:52 PM
A female friend, in context and non-offensively, asked if my hair down there was longer because my hair is so long. I said uhh.

Sidenote: As an auburn redhead, I've never been asked if the carpet matches the drapes. So it entertains me that this is what I'm asked instead.

ZoeZ
October 10th, 2020, 05:25 PM
Oh my goodness that's too funny! What an odd thing to say!

Jane99
October 10th, 2020, 07:21 PM
A female friend, in context and non-offensively, asked if my hair down there was longer because my hair is so long. I said uhh.

Sidenote: As an auburn redhead, I've never been asked if the carpet matches the drapes. So it entertains me that this is what I'm asked instead.

People are so weird. Lol.

Hellebore
October 10th, 2020, 10:25 PM

There's always the option of saying "yes, but I keep it braided and bunned" and gauge the reaction.

Jo Ann
October 10th, 2020, 11:36 PM

ZoeZ
October 11th, 2020, 08:03 AM
There's always the option of saying "yes, but I keep it braided and bunned" and gauge the reaction.

:hifive: Perfect answer!

Wildcat Diva
October 11th, 2020, 06:46 PM
Well, being a couple of hundred pages into this thread, that’s surely a very unique remark and worthy of the classification as part of an “entertaining hair conversation!” Even if it did inspire speechlessness.

Alexandrina
October 13th, 2020, 01:14 PM

I know you said "non-offensively" but it still sounds like your friend is super rude!

Zesty
October 31st, 2020, 09:38 AM
Me: I need to do a protein treatment.
Husband: Why do you need to do a protein treatment?
Me: My hair is stretchy.
Husband: I think you just make up adjectives to apply to hair. Like 'My hair is in retrograde today.'

:p

AmaryllisRed
November 8th, 2020, 09:37 AM
I'm sitting on the couch with my hair in a low ponytail. My 4yo daughter is sitting next to me with my ends in her hand, waving them around, making them sing, "I'm free! I'm free!" And hitting me in the face with them.

TatsuOni
November 11th, 2020, 03:47 AM
I'm sitting on the couch with my hair in a low ponytail. My 4yo daughter is sitting next to me with my ends in her hand, waving them around, making them sing, "I'm free! I'm free!" And hitting me in the face with them.

That made me laugh! :laugh:

Lady Stardust
November 11th, 2020, 04:29 AM

I love the way 4 year olds think! That made me laugh out loud :)

Amenahh
November 11th, 2020, 04:50 AM

This made me laugh :lol:

Echileruwen
November 15th, 2020, 01:23 PM
Yesterday I was reading the comments under a religious themed video, and the people were discussing heaven, and how they want to reunite with their relatives, pets, and so on. One woman posted that to be heaven for her, she would get to keep her curly hair, but there would be no more frizz because, well, it's heaven, and otherwise it wouldn't be heaven.

OK, my hair is straight and doesn't like to hold a curl, but this comment in the middle of posts about reuniting with lost loved ones made me laugh anyway. Maybe some people here might relate to her somewhat out-of-place comment. :D

MusicalSpoons
November 15th, 2020, 01:32 PM
Yesterday I was reading the comments under a religious themed video, and the people were discussing heaven, and how they want to reunite with their relatives, pets, and so on. One woman posted that to be heaven for her, she would get to keep her curly hair, but there would be no more frizz because, well, it's heaven, and otherwise it wouldn't be heaven.

OK, my hair is straight and doesn't like to hold a curl, but this comment in the middle of posts about reuniting with lost loved ones made me laugh anyway. Maybe some people here might relate to her somewhat out-of-place comment. :D

Haha, that's kind of sweet.

(Although I don't share her beliefs, it does strike me as amusing that people think they would have physical bodies in heaven when heaven is clearly described in the Bible as a spiritual realm ... I guess any spiritual representation of any kind of hair would definitely not be frizzy! :lol:)

barnet_fair
November 16th, 2020, 11:35 AM

With apologies to John Donne,

Bring us, O Lord God, at our last awakening
into the house and gate of heav'n:
to enter into that gate and dwell in that
house,
where there shall be no frizz nor limpness, but one
equal curl;
no lint nor Houdini-hair, but one equal smoothness;
no tangles nor shedding, but one equilibrium bun;
no ends nor splits, but one even hemline;
in the habitation of thy glory and
dominion, world without end. Amen.

Ylva
November 16th, 2020, 12:23 PM

house,
equal curl;

I'm so tempted to convert right now!

Jane99
November 16th, 2020, 05:46 PM

house,
equal curl;

It takes a lot to make me laugh out loud sometimes, but this did it!! Thank you!!:hifive:

TatsuOni
November 17th, 2020, 02:52 AM

house,
equal curl;

That's brilliant!

Cg
November 17th, 2020, 07:43 AM
Thank you, barnet_fair, for the chuckle.

KokoroDragon
November 17th, 2020, 04:31 PM
Just got done reading through this thread. There are a lot of entertaining stories!

Here's one of mine:
For context, I've been trying to encourage waves in my hair, since for a while I thought it might be wavy. Turns out it's 1c, so not many waves to be had. I had braid waves the other day, and my partner did a double take and said, "That's the method you should use to get waves, not the other way".

Butterfly Blue
November 18th, 2020, 08:35 AM
Since I sit on my couch A LOT, I usually have a silk pillowcase draped over the back to protect my hair from friction. The color of the pillowcase doesn't match my couch, and I've been using it awhile. The other day I thought " Why am using this ugly color? I have so many silk scarves, why don't I see if one of them looks nice against the couch."
Well, my sister had bought me a beautiful silk scarf that I decided to use. I wanted to show her, but she wasn't available for What's app at the time, so I sent her a picture of it on my couch and said "explanation required. Call me later"
So when she called, I started to tell her why I was using it on my couch and she started laughing (Not at me), she said my niece, who saw the picture, immediately said " It's for her hair". And she was right!
My teenage niece and I like to share hair tips and routines and it made me feel good that she knows me so well!
(We live in different states so my sister wouldn't have noticed I always have a pillowcase on my couch:D )

enting
November 18th, 2020, 09:27 PM
That's delightful, Butterfly Blue!

AmaryllisRed
November 18th, 2020, 09:35 PM
Awww, that made me smile, Butterfly Blue. :)

Butterfly Blue
November 19th, 2020, 09:59 PM
That's delightful, Butterfly Blue!

Thank you, It was very sweet:)

Butterfly Blue
November 19th, 2020, 10:02 PM
Awww, that made me smile, Butterfly Blue. :)

Thanks, it made me smile too! :)

Siv
November 20th, 2020, 01:02 PM

This is so hilarious, I'm dying oh my gosh

TatsuOni
November 24th, 2020, 12:25 PM
Yesterday we watched a serie, that ended with a Chinese hiphop song.

My SO took up my braid and started wawing it around.

Me: "Does my hair dance?"
SO: "Mm."
Me: "So my hair likes Chinese hiphop music?"
SO: "Mm." He then proceds to wave my braid in my face and the lets go of it.
Me: "Is my hair done dancing now?"
So: "Mm."

KokoroDragon
November 24th, 2020, 02:39 PM
My partner says he prefers short hair on women, though he's so supportive of me growing my hair. I've been slowly trying to win him over. The other day we had a conversation that went like this:

Me: What would you think if I had hair down to my butt?
Him: That would be hot. Especially...in the bedroom.

I think I've won! :lol:

neko_kawaii
November 30th, 2020, 02:54 PM
My husband to our long-haired cat: "You are just a hairy sausage."

For some reason that cracked me up.

Finda
December 1st, 2020, 01:29 PM
Today I was wearing glasses and a frenchbraid over my shoulder and I had the following conversation with a 5 or 6 year old girl, who hasn't seen me with either (usually I wear contacts and bun):

Girl (studying me): "You look somehow weird today."
Me: "Weird? You mean different."
Girl (shakes head severely;)): "No, weird. I mean the braid is pretty but the glasses look really weird."

At least the braid had her approval :p

Ylva
January 29th, 2021, 06:48 PM
Instagram...

https://i.ibb.co/wR6Jp5G/haircon1.jpg

KokoroDragon
January 29th, 2021, 06:53 PM
That gives me some serious creeper vibes, yikes!

JasminxCat
January 29th, 2021, 07:21 PM
Instagram...

Guess the guys got a ****** for low sleek and parted buns :lol:

oldrocker
January 29th, 2021, 07:35 PM
I can't make out anything on the screen re: the Instagram post....but I know there are a lot of creepy, creepy guys out there. I apologize for my gender in general....you ought(actually ought not) to hear some of the comments, etc... on all topics the umm unenlightened(hope I am at least slightly elevated from that group) males can come up with. I'm no saint....but geeze

O.R.

oldrocker
January 29th, 2021, 07:40 PM
My partner says he prefers short hair on women, though he's so supportive of me growing my hair. I've been slowly trying to win him over. :

Maybe this deserves it's own thread, but I was thinking earlier of how anyone's SO, partner,etc.... thinks about us growing/having longer than usual hair. are they supportive, help out, or are at least appreciative of the effort and work that goes into growing and maintaining longer hair. This is a touchy subject for me, since as a guy, within my own family, and then with the STBX(wife), there was a lot of negativity for me to not be the cookie cutter guy/father figure with short hair. It wasn't until last year when I was unfettered of these 'opinions' that I started the regrowth journey.

Unfortunately, even though I am committed in my soul and being on this journey, the negativity still circulates in the thinking area of my noggin, and makes me worry that I am just an old freak who is kidding himself....

O.R.

Iyashikei
January 30th, 2021, 02:19 AM
Maybe this deserves it's own thread, but I was thinking earlier of how anyone's SO, partner,etc.... thinks about us growing/having longer than usual hair. are they supportive, help out, or are at least appreciative of the effort and work that goes into growing and maintaining longer hair. This is a touchy subject for me, since as a guy, within my own family, and then with the STBX(wife), there was a lot of negativity for me to not be the cookie cutter guy/father figure with short hair. It wasn't until last year when I was unfettered of these 'opinions' that I started the regrowth journey.

Unfortunately, even though I am committed in my soul and being on this journey, the negativity still circulates in the thinking area of my noggin, and makes me worry that I am just an old freak who is kidding himself....

O.R.

This is something many of us went through. Back when I was still in school my family just kept on complaining about me wanting to have long hair. Every family meeting they reserved about half an hour asking me why I wanted it, complaining about how it looked, how I won't find a job with long hair, etc. Luckily this all went away when I finally got a job and long hair seems to suit me, but when starting to grow it out I did brace myself for another blitzkrieg of complaints.

My advice is to not pay attention to the negativity around you. You are old enough to make your own decisions. If that means long hair, then great! If it means a buzzcut or crewcut, also a good choice.

oldrocker
January 30th, 2021, 04:41 PM
My advice is to not pay attention to the negativity around you. You are old enough to make your own decisions. If that means long hair, then great! If it means a buzzcut or crewcut, also a good choice.

Thanks, but still not sure I AM old enough to make my own decisions...(ha ha...born in the 60s) Also, Mom passed away last November, and no longer with the wife, so just a matter of trying to slough off all the previous negativity. Unfortunately, it was piled high and deep. even as recently as early 2020, comments were made about my hair back in the 80s (and in a non-complimentary way) Just a matter of time, and it would be nice to have a supportive person or two IRL. But for now, the support here helps me ride the roller coaster of opinion.

O.R.

Iyashikei
January 31st, 2021, 03:19 AM
Thanks, but still not sure I AM old enough to make my own decisions...(ha ha...born in the 60s) Also, Mom passed away last November, and no longer with the wife, so just a matter of trying to slough off all the previous negativity. Unfortunately, it was piled high and deep. even as recently as early 2020, comments were made about my hair back in the 80s (and in a non-complimentary way) Just a matter of time, and it would be nice to have a supportive person or two IRL. But for now, the support here helps me ride the roller coaster of opinion.

O.R.

I know what you mean. I still have traumas from having a horrible youth where I grew up in an abusive household and was bullied at school at the same time. It left me with self-esteem issues that only went away with the help of a therapist. I'm sure you will find someone who supports you along the way. In the meantime we are happy to provide for all the support you need.

Aerya
January 31st, 2021, 05:25 AM
Instagram...

Yikes! I love how he basically went, "I hear it's not comfortable for you, but have you considered this: it will make my ***** happy!" :crazyq:

I do applaud your ability to remain polite though.

Ylva
January 31st, 2021, 06:43 AM
That gives me some serious creeper vibes, yikes!

Yep!

Guess the guys got a ****** for low sleek and parted buns :lol:

Without a doubt! :D

I can't make out anything on the screen re: the Instagram post....but I know there are a lot of creepy, creepy guys out there. I apologize for my gender in general....you ought(actually ought not) to hear some of the comments, etc... on all topics the umm unenlightened(hope I am at least slightly elevated from that group) males can come up with. I'm no saint....but geeze

O.R.

Oh, don't worry, O.R.! I don't blame the entire male gender for one individual's behaviour, but I always appreciate your sweetness.

Unfortunately, even though I am committed in my soul and being on this journey, the negativity still circulates in the thinking area of my noggin, and makes me worry that I am just an old freak who is kidding himself...

I feel the same way regarding my natural hair colour. In this country, it's never described as anything other than "boring", "no colour at all", or "regular".

I know what you mean. I still have traumas from having a horrible youth where I grew up in an abusive household and was bullied at school at the same time. It left me with self-esteem issues that only went away with the help of a therapist. I'm sure you will find someone who supports you along the way. In the meantime we are happy to provide for all the support you need.

I'm sorry to hear you've had to go through that, and I'm glad you're doing better now. :grouphug:

Yikes! I love how he basically went, "I hear it's not comfortable for you, but have you considered this: it will make my ***** happy!" :crazyq:

I do applaud your ability to remain polite though.

Exactly!!

I have a really hard time being rude with people like that. Creepers gonna creep, but most of the time, I don't think they deserve a rude response. Maybe at some point, though, if they don't get the message!

oldrocker
January 31st, 2021, 07:33 PM
I feel the same way regarding my natural hair colour. In this country, it's never described as anything other than "boring", "no colour at all", or "regular".

well, come visit, I'll find an audience that will stand up and applaud your color and overall hair appearance(ok...maybe I exaggerated a little...but I would stand and applaud. Is that good enough??? lol)

O.R.

Jane99
January 31st, 2021, 07:50 PM
Creepers gonna creep, well put, and ugh sorry you had to deal with that weirdo.

OR, one of my old coworkers decided he wanted to grow long hair. He must have been 70 by the time he got it long enough for a ponytail. I love it. I think he feels pretty liberated by it. But I get it... my grandfather passed away when I was pretty young, probably around 10, but I remember him being pretty negative about men with long hair and/or earrings. I’m glad the culture has changed.

My random hair conversation from last week, more like a random hair comment... I go through security at work every day. One morning last week, one of the security guards asked me if I was hiding a dagger. I looked at him kindof funny and he gestured towards his hair, meaning, he thought my hair stick could double as a dagger. The context was funny and it cracked me up.

Iyashikei
January 31st, 2021, 08:15 PM
Creepers gonna creep, well put, and ugh sorry you had to deal with that weirdo.

OR, one of my old coworkers decided he wanted to grow long hair. He must have been 70 by the time he got it long enough for a ponytail. I love it. I think he feels pretty liberated by it. But I get it... my grandfather passed away when I was pretty young, probably around 10, but I remember him being pretty negative about men with long hair and/or earrings. I’m glad the culture has changed.

My random hair conversation from last week, more like a random hair comment... I go through security at work every day. One morning last week, one of the security guards asked me if I was hiding a dagger. I looked at him kindof funny and he gestured towards his hair, meaning, he thought my hair stick could double as a dagger. The context was funny and it cracked me up.

That would be a more appropriate question for Tatsu 🤣

oldrocker
January 31st, 2021, 09:41 PM

And then you quickly stabbed him with it...lol

O.R.

lapis_lazuli
January 31st, 2021, 10:54 PM

LOL tell me why I've gotten this exact question more than once! Like no...this is a stick, sir... not that it can't do damage but still :pins:

Kat
February 1st, 2021, 09:35 PM
Well, I mean, every time I've gone through airport security with my hair in a single braid they insist on patting down my back under the braid... what do they think I could be hiding under there??? (I can't remember if anyone has ever wanted to actually handle my hair as well.)

JasminxCat
February 1st, 2021, 10:31 PM
Well, I mean, every time I've gone through airport security with my hair in a single braid they insist on patting down my back under the braid... what do they think I could be hiding under there??? (I can't remember if anyone has ever wanted to actually handle my hair as well.)

To them, possibly drugs
They make sure to do a very thorough search. A lot of people are smart and can get away with some things
I used to work inside of an airport and had to go through security every day to get to my job. I was searched 20% of the time for no good reason, usually just random checks

Hexana
February 2nd, 2021, 12:40 AM
To them, possibly drugs
They make sure to do a very thorough search. A lot of people are smart and can get away with some things
I used to work inside of an airport and had to go through security every day to get to my job. I was searched 20% of the time for no good reason, usually just random checks

While I was never checked due to my hair (not long enough) I was checked 50% of the time until now, when me and my husband went on vacation (like searched shoes and everything). I mean besides me is a 6 ft 4 tall guy and you decide to check the 5 ft 4 hobbit?! :confused: I guess I look like a terrorist or something... :P

This "entertaining" (or annoying) hair conversation happened when I was like 17 or 16. A guy at a local gathering/kind of party started arguing with me that I absolutely HAD to be a natural redhead (I am blonde with some freckles that were more visible back then). The more I told him I am naturally blonde the more he kept going at it that I must colour my hair blonde and that I have red hair underneath. This arguing went on like 10 min until I dragged my brother to the conversation so he could vouch for me that I was actually naturally blonde and not a redhead. WIN FOR ME! :joy:

JasminxCat
February 2nd, 2021, 01:27 AM
While I was never checked due to my hair (not long enough) I was checked 50% of the time until now, when me and my husband went on vacation (like searched shoes and everything). I mean besides me is a 6 ft 4 tall guy and you decide to check the 5 ft 4 hobbit?! I guess I look like a terrorist or something... :P

A lot of their checks are mostly randomized by the system. The alarm sound you hear 50% of the time isn't from anything setting off, it's just random sometimes, at least at the airport I was working at. I agree sometimes I notice they'd choose to pat someone down who was sagging or otherwise looked like a thug. But my scrawny underage looking self would get pat down often, shoes checked and everything too :lol:

Jools69
February 2nd, 2021, 01:51 AM
A lot of their checks are mostly randomized by the system. The alarm sound you hear 50% of the time isn't from anything setting off, it's just random sometimes, at least at the airport I was working at. I agree sometimes I notice they'd choose to pat someone down who was sagging or otherwise looked like a thug. But my scrawny underage looking self would get pat down often, shoes checked and everything too :lol:

I used to travel overseas quite a lot over the years and I have noticed that security would appear to choose certain people to ‘pat down’, or to go into the body scanner. I’ve been chosen several times: coming back from India and I was wearing the traditional flowing Indian clothes; the time in Australia when I grabbed all of my family’s luggage after going through the X-ray machine; taking a stroller through Heathrow; the body scanner at Birmingham (UK), on my way to Australia via Dubai.

Although I believe security is probably acting upon certain criteria, I don’t mind if I’m asked to have more security checks at airports. I have nothing to hide and it makes me feel safe that they’re being so stringent. I just chuckle to myself if my body piercings are picked up by the wand, or seen on the body scanner. :D

TatsuOni
February 2nd, 2021, 11:10 AM
That would be a more appropriate question for Tatsu ��

"Nahh, this is just a letter opener. Any stabbing will be mild." :laugh:

Jane99
February 2nd, 2021, 02:39 PM
"Nahh, this is just a letter opener. Any stabbing will be mild." :laugh:

You probably HAVE set off security systems with a hair dagger, haha

Bri-Chan
February 2nd, 2021, 04:14 PM
I asked my boyfriend to take a photo of my hair.
Me: "Oh, is it that frizzy in real life? I don't think so..."
He: "Yes, it's like that, very frizzy!" , with such a positive tone. I was like "oh, ok" , kinda upset, because I didn't think so.
After some minutes I added: "Are you sure? I mean, I know I have frizz, but in the photo it looks so much worst..."
He: "Yes, it's super frizzy!" still positive tone of voice "It's as frizzy as in real life, it looks very frizzy to me!"
Me: "Ok, never mind" sad "My hair looks terrible lately".
He: "But it's very frizzy!"
Me: "Ok, I know, stop saying it now!"
He: "Why?"
Me: "Well it's not so funny to hear thousand times my hair's problems, especially when you're smiling and looking happy for my hair being frizzy."
He: "Is frizzy hair a bad thing?"
I was like :confused:. Then, I discovered that my boyfriend thought "frizzy" was a synonymous for "wavy" :p he didn't know what "frizzy" stays for!

JasminxCat
February 2nd, 2021, 05:13 PM
I asked my boyfriend to take a photo of my hair.
Me: "Oh, is it that frizzy in real life? I don't think so..."
He: "Yes, it's like that, very frizzy!" , with such a positive tone. I was like "oh, ok" , kinda upset, because I didn't think so.
After some minutes I added: "Are you sure? I mean, I know I have frizz, but in the photo it looks so much worst..."
He: "Yes, it's super frizzy!" still positive tone of voice "It's as frizzy as in real life, it looks very frizzy to me!"
Me: "Ok, never mind" sad "My hair looks terrible lately".
He: "But it's very frizzy!"
Me: "Ok, I know, stop saying it now!"
He: "Why?"
Me: "Well it's not so funny to hear thousand times my hair's problems, especially when you're smiling and looking happy for my hair being frizzy."
He: "Is frizzy hair a bad thing?"
I was like :confused:. Then, I discovered that my boyfriend thought "frizzy" was a synonymous for "wavy" :p he didn't know what "frizzy" stays for!

Lol that's too funny. The fact that he was smiling and looked happy about it being "frizzy"
I would have thought he was being a jerk and purposely insulting me for laughs :lol:

Bri-Chan
February 2nd, 2021, 06:07 PM
Lol that's too funny. The fact that he was smiling and looked happy about it being "frizzy"
I would have thought he was being a jerk and purposely insulting me for laughs :lol:

Ahah I was so confused :p

Jane99
February 2nd, 2021, 06:38 PM
Haha that’s very funny!

Hexana
February 3rd, 2021, 05:53 AM
Hahahaha, Bri-Chan he just wanted to let you know that he thinks it pretty. How cute! :o

Bri-Chan
February 3rd, 2021, 02:49 PM
Hexana ah, that's true indeed!

momof3mary
February 3rd, 2021, 03:17 PM
My 64 year old father was wondering why I started putting laxative on my scalp. It's castor oil dad. Good for the scalp. He just grunted and walked away😂

Suortuva
February 3rd, 2021, 03:32 PM
My 64 year old father was wondering why I started putting laxative on my scalp. It's castor oil dad. Good for the scalp. He just grunted and walked away��

Laxatives, Monistat... What's else do we have here?