Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do fairytale ends depend on hair texture?

Length
    short/mid/long
    Type
    1b/F/iii

Default Do fairytale ends depend on hair texture?

I really want fairytale ends, but it seems like whenever I see pictures of them it is someone with much more wave to their hair than what I have. Is it necessary to have more wave to get fairytale ends? Also, in Sept. it will have been a year since I trimmed, and my ends are getting pretty raunchy. Is that just something I'm going to have to embrace in my quest for these ends?
    “You'd find it easier to be bad than good if you had red hair." ~ Anne Shirley

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Default Re: Do fairytale ends depend on hair texture?

I think that wavies tend to want fairytale ends for the look (I don't but its lovely on others). Straight haired people can have fairytale ends, its just a matter of not trimming the hair often (except S and D).
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

Length
    HL/TBL/CL
    Type
    1b/1c/M/C/iii

If you stop trimming, your hair will EVENTUALLY start to fairy tail. The question is how long it will take before you notice. If you've got a pretty thick hemline, it may very well take a while.

Length
    34"/45"/IDK
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I'm not sure if only wavies can get them, I think anyone can if they don't cut or trim their hair. I haven't cut, other than s & d, since January 1, 2011 and I still don't have fairy tale ends. When I joined I did, but I'm not too sure when my last cut was before then. It was at least a year, but could've been longer.

You don't have to have "raunchy" ends to have have fairy tale ends. Just make sure you baby them and S&D. Is it just your ends that are bad? Have you clarified within the last few months? There are many factors that can affect your ends. Did you used to color, flat iron, or blow dry? If you did then your ends will still be affected by that until the hair that was treated that way is gone. If that is the case I would suggest microtrimming, or just cutting, to get rid of them and not try to attain fairy tale ends until that hair is gone.

Good luck.

March 2014 - Almost to fingertip

Length
    22"/31.5"/CLSC
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Anyone can get them. It can take awhile though. Most people I see with fairytale ends either have thin hair -or- hair past hip length at the very least (I guess because with thick hair it's just too hard to notice on WL hair, for example).

When you do trim, how do you do it? If you want fairytales, try trimming in a V shaped hemline next time, maybe even a deep V. IMO, as a V shape starts to grow out it looks more like FT ends than if you start with a blunt, straight across hem.
    Lady Diana of the Moonlit Night in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

APL ~ BSL ~ MBL ~ WL ~ HL (32") ~ BCL (37") ~ TB ~ CLSC (43")

Length
    ../??/Term
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/iii

Since I quite trimming, I have started getting some fairytale-ends. I think it will happen to anyone who stops trimming.
    Final Goal: Terminal lengthLady Randiriel, Shepherdess of Tithenmamiwen

Length
    <bsl/39"/long!
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

My sister has straight hair, and since she started growing her hair out from BSL to now just past waist without trimming, her hair has developed some lovely fairytales.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    bra strap - mid back - waist - lower back - hip - tailbone - classic - knee
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Length
    24/23/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

What are fairytale Ends? Sorry I may sound crazy lol

Length
    SL/W/?
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

You don't need wavy hair to get fairytale ends. It happens to straight hair too. But when they will develop depends on your starting haircut, thickness, and terminal length. If you're starting from a blunt cut and always trim your hair blunt, it won't fairytale as much as layered hair. On the other hand, if you love the look and don't want to wait for it to happen naturally, or your hair is too thick for it to happen at your goal length, you can get a really similar look by getting a V or U hemline with layered ends.

Length
    ~Calf/Pixie/?
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I have them and I'm 1b.

All you have to do is: not trim your hair and wait. It may go a little quicker if you start with a reasonably pronounced U- or V-shaped hemline.

All they are is damage-induced taper. (Meaning no offence at all to anyone - they may be caused by excess damage, but they may just be caused by the inevitable day-to-day damage that happens and is impossible to stop). Because of this, they are more common with longer lengths (longer hair = ends are older than they are on shorter hair = ends are more damaged than on shorter hair = more taper). They are also more common on delicate hair - this may mean fine, or it may mean curly, or it may mean some other parameter.