Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pantene Ice Shine- Wow.

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/38.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Default Pantene Ice Shine- Wow.

So I was in the grocery store the other day. My hair lately's been suffering because the old conditioner I was using had too much protein in it (didn't have a lot of choice- was the only one my local supermarket had at that time). So I was looking around and I saw a bottle of Pantene's Ice Shine conditioner.

Now it is a coney product-however, the cones that it does have in it aren't fast building-up ones and won't require something like SLS to remove - but wow. Just...wow.

It left my hair so incredibly, unbelievably soft. I can literally use it on my scalp as my CO conditioner- even a lot of the cone-free ones that I'd been using just left my scalp so greasy.

I decided to try out leaving it on before I even shower to see if I get even better results.

So, this is probably my new conditioner for my CO-wash times

~maborosi~

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Default Re: Pantene Ice Shine- Wow.

Ice Shine FTW! \(^(oo)^)/
    I'm a little piggy! (^(oo)^)v

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

The softness is really lovely isn't it? I tried it not expecting much and was really surprised how nice the results were.

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Pantene has changed their bottles lately, at least in PL, and the names and ingredients of whole series. Which I don't like, but anyway... Is Ice Shine in new bottle or old? And in general, did they change everything in your areas or not?
    I wish I could find it here. I know it was available in PL some time ago because I can see reviews, but now? Gone. Even before the change of bottles.

may the forks be with you faellen's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Thinking of trying this. What's the shampoo like?

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/38.5"/55"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Henrietta View Post
    Pantene has changed their bottles lately, at least in PL, and the names and ingredients of whole series. Which I don't like, but anyway... Is Ice Shine in new bottle or old? And in general, did they change everything in your areas or not?
    I wish I could find it here. I know it was available in PL some time ago because I can see reviews, but now? Gone. Even before the change of bottles.
    I've never actually used the old formulation, so I'm not sure about how it compares.

@faellen- I have not tried the shampoo yet. I'm thinking I might pick some up, though!

@luxepiggy- I had heard that you've used it with good results, so I kinda had to try it, lol!

@pepperminttea- YES. Incredible. My hair has not had any tangles all day and I washed it last night. Also, my hair is so incredibly shiny o_o

~maborosi~

Huge Tolkien Nerd! Long_hair_bear's Avatar
    Length
    bob/41.25/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Meh, now I have to try it!

“Some of the worst mistakes in my life were haircuts." - Jim Morrison
    "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her." 1 Corinthians 11:15
    *UNICORN* Looking for Maxima Diamond Two toned Amethyst in Large

Length
    22"/32"/50"
    Type
    1b/F/M/iii

Hmmm, no-build-up cones, must have.

ETA-

These are the ingredients for Ice Shine at drugstore.com, is this the magical coney formulation that is getting all the love?

Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Glutamic Acid, Bis Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone
    Last edited by julierockhead; May 27th, 2012 at 11:57 PM. Reason: ETA
    Guardian Julia of the Rock, Shaman of Animism in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    hip/hip/hurra
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Henrietta View Post
    In the USA, Pantene discontinued most of their established products in 2010 to make way for a reconfigured product lineup that was supposed to be targeted by hairtype: fine, medium-thick, curly, colour-treated, etc. Much to my chagrin, Ice Shine was one of the discontinued products. That's actually how I found LHC! Note my August 2010 join date (^(oo)^)v

Then in January 2012, a miracle! Ice Shine was returned to the market!

Quote Originally Posted by maborosi View Post
    @luxepiggy- I had heard that you've used it with good results, so I kinda had to try it, lol!
    I'm glad you like it! Gotta keep those sales up so they don't pull it again (^(oo)~)

Do you always CO-wash, or do you tend to rotate between wash methods?

Quote Originally Posted by julierockhead View Post
    Hmmm, no-build-up cones, must have.

ETA-

These are the ingredients for Ice Shine at drugstore.com, is this the magical coney formulation that is getting all the love?

Water, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Glutamic Acid, Bis Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Citric Acid, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone
    That's what it says on my bottle I really like how short the ingredient list is, compared to other conditioners. It reduces the risk of unexpected interactions with my other hair-care products.
    I'm a little piggy! (^(oo)^)v

Length
    BSL/Waist/TBL
    Type
    1b/M/i/ii

It has the exact same ingredients as the other pantene bottle I looked at... hehe
    Last edited by Correa; May 28th, 2012 at 01:33 AM. Reason: meep