Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Honeysuckle Rose conditioner NEW recipe

Length
    <apl/hip/BCL
    Type
    1a/F/iii

Default Honeysuckle Rose conditioner NEW recipe

Has anyone tried the honeysuckle rose conditioner from Aubrey Organics with the new recipe? I'm really panicking about losing the conditioners that saved my hair. The same with the GPB, they changed the recipe...

INGREDIENTS INCI: Aqua, cetyl alcohol, alcohol denat. (38b, lavender*), butyrospermum parkii (shea butter)*, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, lonicera caprifolium (honeysuckle) extract, aloe barbadensis (aloe) leaf juice*, glycerin, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, rosa rubignosa (Rosa Mosqueta®) seed oil*, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, tocopheryl acetate, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) fruit extract, humulus lupulus (hops) extract, melissa officinalis (balm mint) leaf extract, chamomilla recutita (matricaria) extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, beta-carotene, hamamelis virginiana (witch hazel) water, angelica archangelica extract, chrysanthemum sinense flower extract, magnolia biondii flower extract, ascorbic acid. *Organic

The old recipe was this:
    Ingredients: Coconut fatty acid cream base, organic aloe vera, organic shea butter, wheat germ oil, organic jojoba oil, organic rosa mosqueta® rose hip seed oil; extracts of fennel, hops, balm mint, mistletoe, camomile, yarrow, chrysanthemum, angelica, forsythia and magnolia; honeysuckle oil, carrot oil, aubrey’s preservative (citrus seed extract, vitamins A, C and E).
    DUTCH or FLEMISH speaking?
    www.hairfairforum.be

Length
    Apl/Bsl+/Waist
    Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: Honeysuckle Rose conditioner NEW recipe

That really sucks! I'm worried about the alcohol denat (which is a drying alcohol) being up so high on the ingredient list. Don't get why they had to change such an awesome conditioner.
    SL-APL-BSL-MBL-WAIST-HIP
    **Almost there!!!**

Length
    Waist/Chin/Neck
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Are you sure the ingredients have actually changed, or is just that the labeling is now more accurate? I mean if you look at the old labeling, to me it seems pretty vague...What is "Coconut fatty acid cream base" for instance? Maybe the old one already had alcohol denat. in that cream base along with cetyl alcohol etc?

You could sent them email and ask.

Length
    15/22/36
    Type
    2a/M/i/ii

I am worried about the new recipe too. I still have a bottle of the old formula left but I have since switched exclusively to coconut oil for conditioning.
    I do use the shampoo with the new ingredients and did not notice a difference.

Length
    SL/SL+/TBL??
    Type
    2c/M/iii

I read somewhere that it has likely NOT changed, that they have just changed their label to be more in-line with what is expected. See here and here.
    Lady Brave, the Not So
    medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by brave View Post
    I read somewhere that it has likely NOT changed, that they have just changed their label to be more in-line with what is expected. See here and here.
    I don't know, it's a different order too, so the quantities or ratios look to have been messed with at least. I also can't spot glycerin anywhere in the older ingredients list.

Length
    <apl/hip/BCL
    Type
    1a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by pepperminttea View Post
    I don't know, it's a different order too, so the quantities or ratios look to have been messed with at least. I also can't spot glycerin anywhere in the older ingredients list.
    Yes, that what's worrying me.
    And in this review if you read all the way down, people are saying it doesn't work as well in the comments too:
    http://www.amazon.com/review/R31GCR9...R31GCR97M3URK6

Still, brave, I really really really hope you're right

I had the lavender ylang ylang version of the GPB and the regular versioni. The lavender version had the "new" listing, the GPB the old one. I remember I found there was difference between the two and the I liked the original more...
    www.hairfairforum.be

Length
    Chin/Hip/TBL
    Type
    3b/F/ii

I own the old one...it's perfect. On Monday I will be searching every whole foods I can get to for more of the old one, just in case the old formula is not brought back.

Why did they add witch hazel...isn't that drying?!?

Chin-Shoulder-APL-BSL-Waist?-Hip-Tailbone--GOALOn to classic?

Length
    ?/55"/44"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Siiri View Post
    Are you sure the ingredients have actually changed, or is just that the labeling is now more accurate? I mean if you look at the old labeling, to me it seems pretty vague...What is "Coconut fatty acid cream base" for instance? Maybe the old one already had alcohol denat. in that cream base along with cetyl alcohol etc?

You could sent them email and ask.
    Quote Originally Posted by brave View Post

The official line seems to be that they've updated the lables to make them more accurate, which may be partially true, but they don't actually deny changing the formula at the same time, either. For whatever it's worth, I was a dedicated Honeysuckle Rose user for 10+ years, and I've had to give it up because it is different. The "new" stuff is different in appearance, consistency, and effectiveness, and it contains soybean oil, which I am allergic to. The old formula was creamy and smooth, about the consistency of room-temperature butter, and totally opaque with a slight almost pearly sheen. The new one is gooey- almost sticky even, and slightly translucent. It doesn't "melt" into my hair the way the old one did, doesn't detangle anywhere near as well, and afterward my hair felt coated and slightly sticky, as well as being much more tangle-prone. (This is pretty much on par for my experiences with using products containing glycerine on my hair or skin.) I used to use a bit of the old formula mixed with some coconut and jojoba oils as a leave in, but when I tried that with this stuff I just got a sticky tangle-prone mess and an itchy rash on my neck and ears (soy allergy). Since I was so used to it being "safe", it wasn't until then that I actually thought to check the ingredients for soy, which is totally my own fault- I know well enough that "always check for sensitivities with new products" also applies to old products with suspiciously "new" formulas.

Length
    <apl/hip/BCL
    Type
    1a/F/iii

Thank you for confirming UncommonTart.
    I'm glad I know for sure now. Although it makes me so incredibly disappointed in the company. I will not be buying a thing from them again.
    www.hairfairforum.be