Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Duchess of Cambridge "elaborate updo" - I've seen more impressive on LHC

Length
    22/281/2/35
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Re: Duchess of Cambridge "elaborate updo" - I've seen more impressive on LHC

I think it's pretty.
    Psalm 62:1 My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him.

[22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35]

Length
    22/38.5/42
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Duchess of Cambridge "elaborate updo" - I've seen more impressive on LHC

Quote Originally Posted by Unofficial_Rose View Post
    Style is lovely, dress is beautiful.

But dear God, the standard of writing. It is so bad it actually sounds as if the journalist is taking the p1ss. "Ladies", "updo", "coiffed" "flowing locks", ugh - is this the Hyacinth Bouquet school of twee, anachronistic journalism?
    Oh, it's sparklies like this that make me LOVE the LHC. I almost fell off my chair laughing.

I love the dress, and I wish we could set TorrinPaige or one of our other hairstylers (I know Torrin's name better because her videos are my lifeblood) loose on her just ONCE, and see whether the media start calling for an overhaul of the entire fashion system.
    Beware, the Lipstickless Bandit rides again, roaming the period-correct countryside and absconding with the kisses of all those who take her fancy!

I think her updo is gorgeous. It's crazy how hair is heat styled and then teased and hair sprayed for updos but I do understand the necessity for it to come out amazing on the first try and last through an event without any mishaps.

Length
    15/39/42
    Type
    1c/F/ii

I don't know if anyone else saw this, but one of the Mail columnists wrote (last week?) moaning about how Kate's hair was too long and dragging her down etc... Diana's was much better... too old for it... she (the columnist) had just had her shoulder-length hair cut short and it was so much better.... Philistine. I think she'd die of fright if she came on here!

I'd like to see Kate do more updos, they suit her.

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Remember, to most people, that IS an elaborate updo. And I think she looks lovely, as usual. I'm very impressed with her dress. It's perfect in every way.

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!

Length
    13?/30/Long
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I thought it was quite pretty. "Elaborate" is hard to quantify. It is a little like "tall," line up a whole bunch of people and the tallest ones could be labeled tall, but where along the line is the break from average to tall? What happens when an NBA basketball player walks in? Then everyone is short comparatively.

I think it is a pretty updo. It might not be elaborate compared to some LHC styles.....but come on people. We ARE the NBA players of the updo world you know.
    Everything comes gradually and at its appointed hour.~Ovid~
    Nae

Length
    APL/Hip +/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I agree with pepperminttea lets make it up has a tutorial virtually the same as that, but i also think it looks very pretty and that dress is gorgeous
    APL 2010 BSL JUL 2010 WSL 2011 HIP 2013 Going for Tailbone December 2017

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I wonder if people would be so critical about her "amateur" up-do if she were a member and posted a "what do you think of my new up-do" thread.

Length
    shldr/bsl+/:)
    Type
    2c/F/ii

She looked gorgeous in her 'elaborate updo' and her dress was stunning too

10 out of 10 to her hairdresser/stylist!
    Lady Laucamiluiel of the Silken Crown, in the order of
    The Long Haired Knights

Length
    28"/36"/42"
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

I really liked the updo, I loved the dress, but her shoes, HER SHOES!!!!!! I LOVE JIMMY CHOOS.

But seriously, I actually thought the hair looked really nice. maybe not as smooth as what I would have pictured on her, but she still wore it well. It would be nice to know if it can be done minus the teasing and curling and texturising before hand.

I also like the idea of making up some sort of look at this pic, lets see how many of us can recreate it on ourselves thread.
    PARTY PARTY PARTY!!!!! the cheese says PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chin length..... for now.