Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Duchess of Cambridge "elaborate updo" - I've seen more impressive on LHC

Length
    16 in/25 in/????
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Duchess of Cambridge "elaborate updo" - I've seen more impressive on LHC

Yes that dress is something great. The hair is pretty, needs a hair toy.
    This article was obviously written by someone who is not very long hair savvy. Some non long hair's think a quick bun or twist is an elaborate updo.
    Wonder what they would write if arc691 worked some of her braid magic on the Duchess?

Length
    hip/hip/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Duchess of Cambridge "elaborate updo" - I've seen more impressive on LHC

I love the dress! the cut, the colour, the way it fits on her figure! I agree, the hair stylist could do better job and play more with braids in her hair and with the actual "chignon".

Length
    sl/APL/wl+
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Jing View Post
    That sounds awesome! Not that I have the length or skill to participate. But it would be immense fun to see?

We could try Quinn's prom hairstyle from Glee, she's only UBL and I want to see if it can be done without a ton of product.
    Lady Cuilpantiel Of The Raven Tower in the Order of the Longhaired Knights.
    The Few, The Proud, The Vaguely Creepy

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

I like the style. I think I read somewhere that she did her own make-up for her wedding, so it wouldn't surprise me if she'd done the style herself, in which case I think it's quite well-done. [ETA] Never mind, I see in the article she had it done professionally. [/ETA]

The article is too tame by the Fail's standards for me to get worked up about it

Quote Originally Posted by faellen View Post
    It seems to me that, like Diana, Kate is not much more than a clothes horse.
    I'm assuming you mean that the media sees her as just a clothes horse, not that she herself is, in which case I agree. She strikes me a reasonably intelligent, but, of course, as far as the Fail is concerned women's intelligence isn't important, it's their looks that matter.
    Last edited by florenonite; May 12th, 2012 at 08:34 AM.
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Style is lovely, dress is beautiful.

But dear God, the standard of writing. It is so bad it actually sounds as if the journalist is taking the p1ss. "Ladies", "updo", "coiffed" "flowing locks", ugh - is this the Hyacinth Bouquet school of twee, anachronistic journalism?
    Last edited by Unofficial_Rose; May 12th, 2012 at 06:35 AM.

Account Closed by Member Request

Her hair looks beautiful, just as beautiful as any style I have seen.

Length
    23 in/29 in/34 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I think her hair looks beautiful although I can see pins which is a pet hate of mine personally. But I really like her hair and it suits her well.

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I like it except for the pins showing. I'm a big fan of the slightly messy styles that are so in right now. I think Kate has fabulous hair and I've always wished she would branch out into some other styles. I adore her signature styles but I've always wondered why she didn't vary it a little more often. That dress! OMG that dress! It's absolutely stunning and so is she.

I am not here to decorate your world

She could wear a potato sack and still look beautiful

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

OK, I've been staring at this style, and I've got the front bit worked out: French braid on the "small" side of the part, slight poof at the back on the other side, swoopy bangs. What I can't for the life of me work out is the bun. Does anyone have any ideas? I don't care if it's the same or not, but I can't think of any buns that would yield a similar effect in that style.
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB