Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Really grossed out- worst day ever...

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Unhappy Really grossed out- worst day ever...

I had to go on a long metro ride and bus ride today- half of the journey was spent with my husband, but after I got off, I was alone.

I took my bun down, but had hard gunk in it... At first I thought it was honey, because I wash my face with it in the morning... But then realized it couldn't be that because I wash my face with my hair already up in a bun. I've just been trying to comb it, and keep finding sections which are HARD, clear, and like I have dried gel in my hair.

I then remembered that I had to keep turning around on the metro, because the guy behind me kept bumping my bun... I was alone in this metro car. I think that this stuff in my hair might be... I don't think I really have to spell it out. Unless he decided to put hard gel in my hair, then I can't figure out what else it could be...

My husband looked at it... he thinks it might be... that guys... yeah. I'm right.

I'm really really freaking grossed out. This is the second time a man has done something perverted to my hair. The first time was when I had waist length hair and always wore it down and felt tugging on my hair and turned around to find a man sniffing it- and who smiled when he saw me. That was the reason I cut my hair in the first place... I don't know what to do anymore... I already wear my hair up.

I'm pretty freaked/scared right now... I know it's silly because this already happened... but I keep being targeted because of my hair. I don't know what to do. This makes me feel dirty.

Going to go shampoo my hair now... And have a cry.

EDIT:
    A big thank you to everyone who responded, and who has supported me/given me advice. I'm going to be ok. Not going to cut my hair. I'm just going to be more careful on the metro, and everywhere else for that matter.

Thank you again! You LHC people rock!
    Last edited by Amber_Maiden; April 6th, 2012 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Wanted to say thank you
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Length
    Chin/Neck/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default Re: Really grossed out- worst day ever...

OMG that is so awful, I'm so sorry. It is totally natural to be feeling violated right now, what this guy seems to have done is so utterly disgusting.

Please don't feel like this is in any way your hair's fault. It has every right to be beautiful without being targeted. Cutting it off won't make people less perverted It might make you feel better to wear a scarf or something over it in places where you might be exposed to people like that, though.

Ugh, what is wrong with the world. I don't know what the right thing to say is, I'm sorry
    Miss my ponytail.
    Undercut~chin~midneck~shoulder~collarbone~APL~BSL~waist

Length
    bob/hip/long
    Type
    1a/M/iii

You poor thing....I don't really know what to say, but sending hugs.
    Lady Israfel of the Lyrical Blessing in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    sl/mbl/tb
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i/ii

People are weird and gross. It is in no way you or your hair's fault.
    -ladycaladium

so far from tailbone!

Length
    SL/27.5/Waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

wow that's awful.

Length
    12/mb/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I'm so sorry this happened to you. I can't think of what else to say.

Routine for my dyed mid back length hair: shampoo and condition twice a week, with Alterna Kendi Dry Oil Spray all over and shea butter on ends and lightly on length as leave-ins on wet hair, and blow dried with a Sedu on low heat

Length
    ///Tlb/knees
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Oh, Amber I'm sorry that this has happened to you.. you'd think wearing it up would deter the freaks, wouldn't you?

I agree with Changling when you're on public transport try wearing a scarf to give you that protection. Yuck.. gosh some people are gross.

Hugs to you

Length
    APL/Hip/Hip
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Oh, wow, what a jerk!!! I can't believe that someone would do something so disgusting and gross. I'm so sorry

little hair obsessed too littlenvy's Avatar
    Length
    10"/waist/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i

(( Hugs to you ))

To me that's assault!
    What a sicko.
    I love mixing up my oils!

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Thanks guys. Feeling pretty down about it now... I just feel so gross. I can't stop crying about it- I know it's silly...
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length