Thread: Hair shopping in the Netherlands?

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

Default Hair shopping in the Netherlands?

Soon, I'll be spending some weeks in one of my favorite countries, the Netherlands.

Please, let me have any advice that a long hair fanatic might crave. Hair toys, special shampoos, conditioner? Everything that is cone freed, gentle, pleasant smelling? Special shops? Things you can find only in the Netherlands?

I'll pretty much all over the Netherlands, not only Amsterdam and den Haag, but from 's Hertogenbosch to Groningen and Enkhuizen... doesn't it sound great?

Yes, this cheese is Dutch! the most perfect cheese in the world!
    1b F ii/iii
    92cm/36.2"

Default Re: Hair shopping in the Netherlands?

At Claire's you can get toys (expensive) and some other store I cannot remember the name of. Oh yeah! Bijoux Brigitte. The choice is limited. It isn't a coincidence that most Dutch shop in the USA online

As far as products are concerned, I use Wonderwel, at Dirk van den Broek.

Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Den Haag and 's Hertogenbosch both have Lush stores, if you like Lush :-)
    Almost every city has a Bodyshop

Departmentstores Hema and V&D has some nice things at times, drugstores like DA, Kruidvat and Etos also have hairtoys, but don't expect hairsticks or anything, but they usually have a lot of Zenner brand stuff.

*Pictures*
    *Rosettebun tutorial*
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be
    judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi

Length
    30.5/44/45
    Type
    1a/M/ii

De Traay is super shampoo and conditioner! I love the honey (honing) and the rose (rozen) shampoo. The normal cremespoeling is better for my hair then the nut conditioner. You can find it in healthy food shops, natuurwinkels.

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

Than you very much! Actually my first visit to a Lush shop was in Amsterdam, two years ago... ;-) ...and Amsterdam was also where I had my last hair cut, in the Cyber Salon. The young woman there did a great job on my hair - layers and all but still very good. Actually, I began to re-grow my hair because I knew nobody would be able to give me such a good haircut back home.

I'm looking very forward to my stay in the NL and wrote all your advice in my little notebook. I'll report when I come back.
    1b F ii/iii
    92cm/36.2"

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

So, I"m back. Actually I did less hair shopping than I intended to, was too busy with the wonderful museums and old cities and the sea... a beautiful country you have there, I love it.

I did check out etos and Lush and Body Shop, but I find that German and Dutch shops offer more or less the same. Our Mueller and dm have just the same stuff and I was saddened by that. The Lush people in den Haag told me proudly that they discarded the SLS from all their shampoos so I bought Big which I know already and use for clarifying - heavily diluted.

On my way out of Amsterdam I discovered that in the Centraal Station they have a shop for natural cosmetics (Erica or something similar) and would have LOVED to check out their shampoos and stuff. To my regret, I had to rush with all my luggage and only bought a little body of almond oil...
    1b F ii/iii
    92cm/36.2"

Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Melisande View Post
    The Lush people in den Haag told me proudly that they discarded the SLS from all their shampoos so I bought Big which I know already and use for clarifying - heavily diluted.
    Really???
    Wow! I might give it another try then :-)

Edit: Just checked the Dutch website and all the hairproducts still have SLS listed in the ingredients (also Big)

Good to hear you had a wonderful time here.
    Ah if you liked Erica, next time also go to De Tuinen ;-)
    Last edited by eresh; August 23rd, 2008 at 04:07 PM.

*Pictures*
    *Rosettebun tutorial*
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be
    judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi