Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mositure help!!!

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Default Mositure help!!!

Ok, so about 6 months ago, i began heavy protein treatments on my hair in an attempt to repair damage done by heat and straight irons. Now, i am still struggling to get my hair back because not only did the treatments not help, they completly ruined my hair. I have a major case of protein overload and now, as i read all of my moisturizing products, they all contain proteins. I need straight moisture NOW without using something with keratin protein or anything like that. Any suggestions? i will take homemade treatments with stuff on hand but they must be safe for colored hair. I am currently using nexxus ultimate moisture shampoo and conditioner but am afraid to conitue because it had keratin in it that seems to be negativly affecting my hair. Help please fast! specific instructions also please!

Length
    TBL/TBL/KL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Default Re: Mositure help!!!

Not sure about homemade moisture treatments, but Live Clean's Moisture CO is protein free! I love it!
    Lady Amber, High Priestess of Viva Naturalis, in the order of The Long Haired Knights.
    Using Curly Girl approved haircare... but being utterly neglectful of my curls....
    Longest Length: TBL Current: TBL Goal: Knee Length

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I don't know where to get it and i doubt that i will be able to buy ANY more hair products only because i have soo many right now. Maybe i will ask for it for Christmas. Do you know if sally's ion pure moisture mask (or something i think thats the name) is protein free? Or any of the sauve conditioners and shampoos?

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

Garnier Triple Nutrition spray and conditioner are really good, as well as Dove conditioner in the white and blue bottle..damage repair? They're my go-tos for hair in need of a drink

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I think i had the garnier moisture conditioner at one point, wish i still had it. How do you know when your hair is back to normal after protein overload?

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Hollyfire3 View Post
    I think i had the garnier moisture conditioner at one point, wish i still had it. How do you know when your hair is back to normal after protein overload?
    I would guess when I feels heathy to you. I found personally that somes I'll do too much to it and it starts to feel heavy and overloaded and I actually just shampoo and condition in the shower and don't do any leave-ins and it actually felt really nice surprisingly, maybe you could try that? The less is more concept lol although sinces it's winter now (or getting close) it might not work

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I have tried nearly everything. This is not one protein treatment too many only, this is build up of months of continuous abuse of protein. My has has lost a lot of curl, is brittle and just looks like it has been rubbed the wrong way. It was getting bet at first then just, poof, even after several deep moisture treatments, it is all brillo padish and sticking out. It is really horendous and doesn't even feel like my hair anymore. I want to chop it all off, (it is at BSL right now) and my hairdresser doesn't even know what is wrong with it. Its like yeah, i purposly make my hair look teased and brittle and disgusting, yeah sure.

Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Hollyfire3 View Post
    I have tried nearly everything. This is not one protein treatment too many only, this is build up of months of continuous abuse of protein. My has has lost a lot of curl, is brittle and just looks like it has been rubbed the wrong way. It was getting bet at first then just, poof, even after several deep moisture treatments, it is all brillo padish and sticking out. It is really horendous and doesn't even feel like my hair anymore. I want to chop it all off, (it is at BSL right now) and my hairdresser doesn't even know what is wrong with it. Its like yeah, i purposly make my hair look teased and brittle and disgusting, yeah sure.
    Don't cut it! Have you tried coconut oil? I haven't used it but I hear it works wonders, and also "It's a Miracle 10" is suppose to be amazing, although it's a bit pricey, you can get it at any salon, (even salons at like, Walmart and Meijer) I would try it, I've heard only good things about it, but I'm cheap lol )

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GoldberryHair View Post
    Don't cut it! Have you tried coconut oil? I haven't used it but I hear it works wonders, and also "It's a Miracle 10" is suppose to be amazing, although it's a bit pricey, you can get it at any salon, (even salons at like, Walmart and Meijer) I would try it, I've heard only good things about it, but I'm cheap lol )

yes, i have tried the it's a Miracle 10 but it also had alot of protein (too much for my sensitive hair at this time) I read at alot of websites that coconut oil is pure protein and i have also tried coconut oil based products with not good results. i am SOO frusterated! I really hate my hair right now and i just want my pretty, thick, curly/wavy, silky hair back! sorry for rambling, i am just angry at my hair! I'm still tempted to shave it! (i don't want to but i fear this is not fixable)

Length
    Chin/TBL/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/iii

I would suggest something like coconut oil, olive oil, jojoba oil, evening primrose oil, or shea butter. They are all very natural and very moisturizing. You should check out your local health food store for some good oil.
    Slowly creeping towards knee-length hair...