Page 1 of 80 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: How long is too long?

Length
    shldr/apl/hip
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Arrow How long is too long?

So I know we all can't wait to have our hair our goal length or something, but I've been thnking If we reach there, would you keep trimming it so it stays that length you always wanted so it doesn't get too long? Also, if we had no terminal length and hair could just keep on growing forever, how long would you think is freakishly long or so long that you may have trouble doing daily activities?
    Last edited by claymoregalatea; July 13th, 2011 at 04:36 AM.

Length
    buzz/33"/45"
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: How long is too long?

I woultn't want hair longer than classic, I think it would get in the way and tangle horribly and I'd end up cutting it.
    Buzz~Pixie~Chin~SL~APL~BSL~Waist~TBL

Length
    20/33.5/Tb
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

I think its a very subjective view, what is too long for one, is too short for another.

Personally I wouldn't like much longer than classic - for aesthetic reasons.
    Practically not much longer than knee, depending on thickness it would be impractical for my daily activities. That said, it will vary tremendously from person to person.
    "Beauty in things exists in the mind which contemplates them.” - David Hume

Length
    Bsl/41"/Knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

when i will reach classic i will keep it at classic for a while, mostly because of wanting my ends to get thicker and will do regular trims.i was thinking about knee before but im not sure how to handle that.. so classic is my goal but nice and thick, right now i'm just a new tailboner who needs thicker ends to grow further to classic..
    BCL right now w a thick hemline. Aiming for classic this year

Length
    shldr/apl/hip
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

That's why I posted this thread to see everybody's opinion

No longer than hip because for me it would be too hard to take care of and get in my way too much.

Length
    shldr/apl/hip
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

I'm trying to grow mine to classic and maybe a bit longer, but any longer and I would get a cut.
    Last edited by claymoregalatea; July 12th, 2011 at 05:39 AM.

Length
    shldr/hip/bcl
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I love classic and a bit below hair, and I would love to have me some. I don't think it gets freaky until you're beyond floor. Then it's a tad...weird. But still cool!
    For me, I think my final goal will be hip or a couple of inches below hip. I wouldn't really have the time to care for longer, and with my thin and fine hair, I don't think it would look good either. I think I'll get to hip, maintain, then layer it like crazy, then grow out layers/henna, then go blunt, then someday I'll chop to a pixie. I do want to go back to the pixie, and go through all the stages, and do crazy stuff, but right now I'm a bit too attached to my length.

Length
    0''/neck/bun
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Though my goal at the moment is bsl I wouldn't mind it growing more than that. I think that waist length would be perfect for me, classic would be too long when I think about it now. Though my mind may change with this subject, but now when I have chin length I just think that I would have so much trouble with classic length or anything longer than bsl.
    Lady Fainauriel, Sourceress of Ice, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

No longer than tailbone length for me personally. On other people... as long as it looks healthy and not like a stringy mess, I don't care how long they have it, they could have it running down the floor. But, I don't feel like I would really want hair longer than my tailbone. Honestly though, I think waist might even be as long as I'll make it. I have a feeling once I get to waist, I'll keep trimming it from there.

Once I do reach a stage where I am happy, I will definitely maintain it at that stage with trimming.

~ APL ~ BSL ~ WL ~ TBL ~