Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lush Caca and Colour B4

Length
    22/22.5/36
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i

Default Lush Caca and Colour B4

Just wanted to share that after lots and lots of research on here, I have finally lifted my henna/indigo with Colour B4. It only took one application, but I rinsed for double the recommended time (so 20 mins, not 10, then 10, not 5) and left it on for a full hour in clingfilm and a carrier bag.

I'm hoping it wont re-oxidise (I know that is a common occurrence) but we'll see! It has none of the green hint I was concerned about (I used Caca Noir last, but have used rouge, brun and marron too! I got progressively darker). I have applied lush henna at least 6 times in the last 6 months and my hair looks like it's old self on the top 6 inches. The bottom parts are warmer, but they were bleach blonde before I started henna. My natural colour is a mid-to-dark brown (in my avatar it looks a little darker).

I seem to have got very lucky, because the bleached ends aren't far off the roots colour with the staining. So, I'll report back in the next few days to let you know how I have fared! I have previously tried castor oil (lifted slightly), and lemon in conditioner (lifted very slightly). I am not sure whether the lift from these methods was just wishful thinking though, as in different lights, I had very different shade. I have no doubt about the colour lift this time though. My room mate was also amazed at the colour.

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default Re: Lush Caca and Colour B4

This is encouraging. I don't think Color B4 is quite the same formula as Colorfix, so it may not re-oxidise.

I loved henndigo - I got a gorgeous dark brown at first, but it basically got darker and darker until it was black, give or take, and I had to cut it off. I did switch to roots only, but that didn't help much.

It would be nice to be able to remove a significant amount of henndigo when these issues occur.

Length
    22/22.5/36
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i

Scott Cornwall is the manufacturer of colour B4 and he has a significant web presence trouble shooting for clients. He says the product wont do anything for henna. But it has.

He does mention reoxidising of colour with chemical dyes, but says that this occurs when it isn't rinsed properly. I think it's a red herring as far as henna is concerned, as oxidation seems to mean something else in this context (particles expanding). Maybe I have got away with it??!!! Gah! I am now checking obsessively. So far, still mid brown hair.

Length
    22/22.5/36
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i

Happy to report it's still lighter. I washed again with some more of the buffer shampoo this morning. It stinks of eggy rubber though.

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I did this too on saturday with colour B4. I have 2 applications of lush brun (one id mixed with marron) and 2 powdered red henna. My henna was fading due to age (not done a henna since January) and id also done some honey treatments which did darken a little. However the colour B4 really lifted the colour from a medium chestnut to a medium strawberry blonde, I left mine on for 2 hours and double rinsed, I did get some slight khaki green to the ends of some but not all of my hair, which kinda freaked me out but I used ketchup for 2 hours on my hair and it shifted it.

Three days on and it has not darkened as yet! I plan to do another at the end of the month when I get paid. My hair did feel a little dry but a good conditioning sorted that out. I used the extra strength one too. So far so good, I don't think i will get the whole of the henna out but I have faith that I can accomplish a dark blonde with strawberry hints. My natural colour is a dark blonde with copper highlights so i will be very happy if I get this.
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    22/22.5/36
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i

Yay Jojo! I'm so pleased mine has stayed light. DH even noticed it was lighter. This means it is significantly different!

It does still smell bad though...

Length
    18.5/BSL/waist
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Hmmm...I might have to try the ketchup...I got green ends from Lush Brun over highlighted blonde...

I love chickens.  vanity_acefake's Avatar
    Length
    13/33/Termi
    Type
    1a/F/M/iii

Do any of you have before and after pics?
    I am watching this thread avidly.
    Growing old DISgracefully!

Length
    24/28/waist
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Thisischristine and Jojo, thanks so much for trying this out and telling us about it! I'm starting to feel a bit hopeful about removing some of the three years of henna from my hair.

I second the picture request . Am very interested if the colour lifts evenly, or rather patchy. Also, how many packages did you guys use and do you think extra treatments may have an effect? (I need to order from Ebay.co.uk because the stuff isnt available in the Netherlands. Would be nice to know exactly how much I need )

Length
    22/22.5/36
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i

I have a disappointing addendum, although this is entirely my own fault......

I was soooo confident the henna was gone that I tried to highlight my ends so that they would match up with my lighter roots a little....green and blue hair. And the more I put on, the worse it gets. I can't seem to get through the murky shades! I'm putting on a semipermanent golden brown tonight to try and warm it up, but I'm sad that I wrecked the experiment.

I'm still only going to put the semi on the ends. I'm determined to grow out and if I have to grow out the semipermanent it's not worse than growing out the henna. I wont go back to the start!