Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bangs? Should I or shouldn't I?

Length
    9"/20"/30"
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Default Bangs? Should I or shouldn't I?

Hi all, I'm looking for a little input from you all.
    I have been growing my hair for almost 4 years now from a pixie cut.
    I love my henna'd hair but work as a dog groomer & have my hair pulled back all the time. When I'm not in the shop working, I spend a lot of time in the gym or just busy running around with the kids.
    I feel like my hair is pulled back in a french braid or pony tail about 75% of the time.
    In the past, I always had bangs & liked how they looked on me but decided that when I grew out (4 years ago from pixie) I was going to try it without bangs. I went through all the difficult stages & grew them in. I always thought my face was too long & narrow to have my forehead bare...that's why I always had bangs. Anyway, now that I have had a chance to have my bangs grown in for quite some time, I am starting to get that itch for a small change & i am considering bangs again.
    I have created an album with potential options for bangs.
    You can also see a pic of what my hair looks like pulled back in the same album.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...p?albumid=7010

What do you think? Should I cut some? If so, Should I cut just below the eyebrow or mabye chin length?
    If they were chin length & i drew them over to the side, i could have some hair on my forehead but it would still be long enough that I could bobby pin it up & back if I wanted it off my face.
    Here is an album of how my hair looks when it's down & bangs long of course.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...p?albumid=3024
    Long term henna head currently growing out my hair. Currently shoulder length. Goal, bra strap length.

Type
    1a/1b/M/i/ii

Default Re: Bangs? Should I or shouldn't I?

Check out this thread. I bought false bangs and love them. The best part is you can take them out!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ighlight=bangs
    Back after a loooonnngg hiatus. 🌷Going Gray

Length
    9"/20"/30"
    Type
    1b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Coriander View Post
    Check out this thread. I bought false bangs and love them. The best part is you can take them out!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ighlight=bangs
    I was reading that thread with much interest earlier this week. The only thing is, when I've looked for hair pieces (clip on pony etc when my hair was shorter) I could NEVER find any color that came close to henna red hair. I have a lot of grey so the red is even more hard to match as I have 2 tone red (grey/medium brown base=bright red/auburn henna hair).
    Did you find one that matched yours closely?
    Long term henna head currently growing out my hair. Currently shoulder length. Goal, bra strap length.

Type
    1a/1b/M/i/ii

Mine matches so well that my boyfriend watched in horror as I detached the piece. He spent two days thinking they were real.

There are several other sites that offer bangs. Let's try and find you a match.

Type
    1a/1b/M/i/ii

Those are the bangs. The color looks different in the first photo because I was silly and set the flash. LOL

Length
    18"/36"/37"
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Well, if you did cut them and changed your mind of course it would take quite a while as you already know to grow them out again. I have had bangs for years - I love them and will always have them, and the 'style' of the bangs can change quickly, achieving different looks. If I want, it can also keep me 'current' so to speak. I like the way bangs can frame the face and bring out eyes and cheekbones. Let us know when you decide which way you'll go!!

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

I think you would look great with or without bangs! You have a beautiful shaped forehead; I don't think it's too high at all.

I personally like relatively wispy/thin/longish side bangs ... they would soften the updo like you want but they're also very versatile and easy to style in a way that makes it less obvious you have bangs, when you don't want the bangs to dominate your look.
    Like this:
    http://shortlonghairstyles.com/image...-Hairstyle.jpg
    http://www.hrhairstyles.com/carrie-underwood-updo.jpg

Length
    17.5"/APL/APL
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cleanbug View Post
    I was reading that thread with much interest earlier this week. The only thing is, when I've looked for hair pieces (clip on pony etc when my hair was shorter) I could NEVER find any color that came close to henna red hair. I have a lot of grey so the red is even more hard to match as I have 2 tone red (grey/medium brown base=bright red/auburn henna hair).
    Did you find one that matched yours closely?
    Is there any way you can find hair pieces made of real hair that is very close to your natural color? When you next henna, you can leave a bit for that hair piece. Hopefully it will be a close enough match.

As for the issues with greys, I'm not sure if they have hair mascara that matches your hennaed color but I was thinking that you could probably use hair mascara on days that you want to wear the faux bangs. Afterall, I'm assuming that you won't be wearing the hair piece everyday and would probably want to switch up your look once in a while

Length
    1"/Chin/?
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I'll be watching this thread closely... I have the same shape face as you; a long oval with a high forehead. I've had bangs most of my life, but I'm kind of wondering the opposite: can I get away with growing them out?

Pros: they're versatile, trendy, and can flatter a lot of faces.

Cons: They're trendy! I love your classic look. Your hair as it is now is timeless and very flattering. If you cut in some bangs you'd lose that sense of timelessness.

Your hair is lovely, and I agree you would look good either way.
    Last edited by silverjen; January 7th, 2011 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Edited for grammar!

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

I too have a similar shaped face to yours and had bangs for ever upto finding LHC in 2007. I love bangs but my hair is way too wavy and unless I straighten them every day which i am far to lazy to do, they look awful.

Id say go for the fake ones, at least if you get bored you can just unclip them, growing bangs out is a pita, mine are past shoulder now from above eyebrow and its taken forever.

eta- never took much notice or measured my bangs, they are in fact just past apl hey how did that happen?
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip