Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mane and Tail Shampoo & Conditioner

Default Mane and Tail Shampoo & Conditioner

Does anyone here wash their hair with horse shampoo?
    Ive seen a many shampoo,s to horses that are for sensitive skin and does not contain silicone and outdrying ingredients .
    One of the horseshampoo s ive looked at contains aloevera and is allergi free ,,because horses are often sensitive
    Jennifer Aniston uses main n tails shampoo
    So do you have any expierience of this?

hippie in a redneck world naomimcc's Avatar
    Length
    chin/?/?
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i

I use mane and tail...and love it! My sister in law owns a tack store so it's also readily available. However... I do have to clarify a bit more when I use it...

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

I've used mane n tail, both the shampoo and conditioner, for years. I'm talking since I was a kid. I love it. I mostly CO now with V05 but I still like to use the shampoo about once a week, and I still use the conditioner pretty frequently as well. I like it as a leave-in. I use them to give my dog a bath too, helps keep her skin and fur so soft and silky and as she has dry skin it has helped get her skin moisturized too.

Length
    1/4/short/n/a
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Mane N Tail didn't work for me. It left my hair kinda limp. And, it felt coated. Which was strange for me because I use -cones and my hair never feels coated. Odd.

Posterchild for Monistat
    Length
    1"/26"/waist
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

i use to use the mane and tail condish all the time but it was drying my hair out.. found out later it is a protein based mixture, i use it once in a while now and my hair reacts better to it
    Makeup Tutorials for the brave and colorful
    View the Monistat Tutorial
    here
    My Hair Blog:
    http://suicideseve.blogspot.com

Length
    BSL?/MB/class
    Type
    2b/M/iii

(That is a bit odd Joi...)

I used to use it about 2years ago, Mane'n'tale work just fine for me. In fact, I'm thinking about going back to it for a while, TRESame takes too much condish. anymore. Just like anything else, it works with some hair, and with others it just doesn't!

under some trees, where the clouds meet the ground
    Length
    pixie/waist/term.

I use Mane N Tail, and love it. Both the shampoo and conditioner, although the shampoo last me forever, as I use very little(and pretty rarely). The conditioner makes a good leave-in (personally switched to coconut oil - less washing later) or a good deep treatment(I completely soak my hair in it, then do the rest of my shower/shaving/whatever before rinsing in cold water). Some people have problems with it though because of the cones(which you mentioned, so I guess that's eliminated here) or the high protein content. Does your hair maybe not like lots of protein? Also, it does have emulsifying wax in the ingredients - maybe that was the problem? Some people hate it because of that; the worst it means for me is the next wash has to be a bit sooner if I use it as a leave in. Different things work for different people though sorry it doesn't seem to have worked for you

eta: sorry I'm a bit slow, some others seem to have covered what I mentioned, sorry for repeat

Sometimes lurking, always growing my hair

Length
    baby/59"/60
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I used to use the shampoo, but because of the Sodium Laurel Sulphate, I stopped using it.
    I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well.
    -Psalm 139:14

Length
    26/32.5/term
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

I've used Mane and Tail in SMT. And I use it as a leave in sometimes. But cant use it to much or my hair gets really waxy.
    "Lady Atlanta" keeper of the boundless winds in the order of the Long Hair Knights.

Length
    chin/waist/hip
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Shirlpunzel View Post
    Some people have problems with it though because of the cones
    As far as I know M&T is cone-free. I looked over the ingredients when I decided to stop using cones and didn't see any cones listed. I'm currently out so I can't check the label to see, but I am pretty sure it doesn't have cones.