Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: flyaways means growth?

Length
    TBL/BSL+/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Default flyaways means growth?

Hi all I have had a big shed about 2 months ago,and lost some thickness.But now i noticed i have alot of flyaways,and my hair is not breaking.does this mean im regaining my thickness back and these are new hairs? or is it just normal? TIA

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: flyaways means growth?

I think if it has a tapered point it means its new growth.
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

Length
    CL/APL/BSL
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

I have a whole lot of new hair coming through. I can tell because it is all the same length (around an inch, now) but too short to have been caused by eg ponytail damage.

Length
    <2"/~clsc/uhh..
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

It can definitely be new growth. Just like Kathie said, you can tell when it's new growth because the ends are tapered, or come to a point. If it's trimmed or broken it won't, just like if you trim or break a blade of grass halfway down its length. If it's all new growth that happened post-shed, then yay!

Length
    ~23/33/33
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Before LHC, I always thought flyways were breakage, but thankfully that's not always the case! It's most likely new hairs, especially if you just had a big shed.

Length
    8/20/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii/iii

Does anybody have any clever ways to avoid an aura of new hairs sticking up when hair is down? I usually wear my hair up but sometimes when I keep it down I will notice the little antennae sticking up. I don't want to traumatize them with any heat (which in the past when I was using the dryer about 6 months ago would do the trick), but would like to wear my hair down and NOT have these wonderful new growths exposing themselves. ideas??

Length
    pixie/25"/32"
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by cubedcoley View Post
    Does anybody have any clever ways to avoid an aura of new hairs sticking up when hair is down? I usually wear my hair up but sometimes when I keep it down I will notice the little antennae sticking up. I don't want to traumatize them with any heat (which in the past when I was using the dryer about 6 months ago would do the trick), but would like to wear my hair down and NOT have these wonderful new growths exposing themselves. ideas??
    How resiliant are your sticky-upy hairs? Have you tried taming them down with some clear aloe gel at all? I also read a tip once about using clear mascara for that, the little wand is tiny enough to just brush the spots you need to with the mascara and it sort of glues the flyaways down.

Account Closed by Member Request

I still freak out a little when I see those baby hairs... After my head injury, I lost over an inch from my thickness...now I have lots of these baby hairs.

I have to remind myself that this is not breakage!

Length
    ??/??/term
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

It means loads of growth for me, for which I am endlessly thankful. All those hairs with fine taper at the end, spell out new! I too recently lost a good bit of thickness from illness, and now I have the crazy halo effect.

I can get them to sort of lie down with a dab of aloe gel rubbed in my palm and smoothed along the direction I wish them to lay. By the end of a few hours though, they are right back up and wurling all over. If I worked in an office that frowned on such things, I think I'd carry a tube of aloe in a travel dispenser for touch ups. Congrats on your new hairs.

Length
    TBL/BSL+/CL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

That's great news then! I am so frustrated right now i was at the salon and felt little bad for seeing all those thick long haired people,glad to know there's hope.thank you all for the responses.