Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone successfully highlighted after henna/indigo?

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: Has anyone successfully highlighted after henna/indigo?

Definitely strand test. Preferably not on your head.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Type
    2c/M/ii

I thought I'd cut out all my henndigo. Went and got highlights, and the hairdresser kept saying "just a few more minutes" and the bleach ended up staying on for about an hour. Roots were almost white blond, ends were mushy green. A lot of the ends broke off, they were a strange jelly-like consistency. The rest of the ends that stayed relatively healthy were green to stay. Ended up going to between shoulder and APL to get rid of the green. Ended up not liking the highlights and dyed it black anyway. Could have kept the green ends, the black would have covered it up. Then I went and did a henna, no more indigo for me. No more highlights either, for that matter. Tried it twice, went green twice. Henna only now!

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Ive managed to remove hendigo from my hair with 4 honey treatments, followed by 4 colour B4 treatments. My hair has gone from this
    to this
    this is my virgin colour
    I am really pleased with the results, my hair is now near enough back to its natural colour.
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Ive managed to remove hendigo from my hair with 4 honey treatments, followed by 4 colour B4 treatments. My hair has gone from this
    to this
    this is my virgin colour
    I am really pleased with the results, my hair is now near enough back to its natural colour.
    jojo, what are honey treatments and color B4 treatments you used to get out the henna/indigo. I really want to do this!!!!

Length
    Pixie/Bob/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I've done 2 rounds of hendigo removal with bleach. One was swamp monster green that resulted in a pixie cut I'm trying to grow out desperately; the other lifted with several bleaches to a very light blonde light enough for a pastel pink to go over it. That was VERY UNUSUAL though (sorry for yelling ) so strand testing is key! I've since learned the errors of my ways and am quite contentedly carrying on with my henna. Indigo, on the other hand... Lol

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Has anyone else successfully removed henndigo with colorb4? Or some other type or dye remover?

Length
    bob/Bsl/Hip
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Seems like indigo is a serious commitment. I'm glad I haven't yet touched it, just in case!
    Long hair until Henna disaster April 2014.... Big Chop April 2015 to cut it out. Growing my natural color long! My blog