Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: breakup haircuts

Length
    12"/25"/48"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default breakup haircuts

Don't get excited. I haven't broken up or cut my hair, but I did do it once, in high school. I cut my hip length hair to mid back with shorter layers on the sides. I hated it. Not only had I lost my BF, but in a fit of stupidity I self mutilated my hair. I had no BF and my beautiful long hair was gone too. Wah !

Why do women torture themselves with bad haircuts, dyejobs, etc. when they experience a breakup? Is it insecurity?

Did you ever cut your hair after a breakup? Did you like it or did you hate it?

The Last Hairbender Dreams_in_Pink's Avatar
    Length
    pob/Hip/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

Default Re: breakup haircuts

i didn't cut, i got extensions! seriously, i went from barely shoulder length to tailbone in 3 hours. I took them out after a month though, they were causing so much pain.

It looked awesome while it lasted.

Chin /// Shoulder /// APL /// BSL ///Waist /// Hip /// BCL /// Tailbone /// Classic (final goal) /// All one length Classic

Length
    APL/TB/TB
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

I cut my hair from hip to chin when I broke up with my first boyfriend. I liked it well enough. I didn't do it to torture myself, though. I did it because I couldn't help but think of the hair I had as having been "his", somehow. I remembered it draped over his chest when we were in bed, I remembered him running his hands through it. I just wanted to be rid of it, like I wanted to be rid of him.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Yes. I've even radically changed mine (cut, perm) after an argument. I think it's natural that when you want a change, the easiest thing to change is what you see in the mirror. I always hoped that deeper changes would come, and sometimes they did.

Length
    <apl/hip/BCL
    Type
    1a/F/iii

Same here. I felt I needed a change and it is easier to change something on the outside. It goes a lot quicker than things on the inside...
    DUTCH or FLEMISH speaking?
    www.hairfairforum.be

Length
    Pixie/APL/35"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I've done breakup haircuts, post-bad semester haircuts, and now holy-cow-I'm-really-stressed-I-need-a-change-or-to-feel-in-control-of-something haircuts. However, I've never regretted them. Usually the bad thing in my life simply acted as a catalyst, allowing me to let go and do something I'd been wanting to do but never had the courage to, or was told not to by the ex-boyfriend.

Of course, just because I don't regret the cuts doesn't mean I don't kick myself for waiting and thinking of how long my hair would be if I'd just left it alone
    Goals: Ponytail | French Braids | 1 French Braid | English Braid | Bun
    Ultimate Goal Length: Hip

Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I have changed my hair every time after a breakup. Fresh start, good riddance and so on. Pluss I like that if I meet one of them again I will not look so familiar. Itīs marking a distance between us.
    :: 1b/F/M/ii :: Classic ::
    Hair goal: Long healthy natural silver hair
    Starting point: Corona pandemic 2020

Length
    19/29.5/35
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I started growing my hair after a break-up. The ex had been totally controlling and loved long hair, so I kept cutting it while I was with him to remind him that I was my own person. I dumped him over a year ago and I haven't cut my hair since!

Length
    12"/25"/48"
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Dreams_in_Pink View Post
    i didn't cut, i got extensions! seriously, i went from barely shoulder length to tailbone in 3 hours. I took them out after a month though, they were causing so much pain.

It looked awesome while it lasted.
    I'll bet it did !!

Quote Originally Posted by anneisanne View Post
    I started growing my hair after a break-up. The ex had been totally controlling and loved long hair, so I kept cutting it while I was with him to remind him that I was my own person. I dumped him over a year ago and I haven't cut my hair since!
    That's a very original way to handle things. Hah !

Quote Originally Posted by spidermom View Post
    Yes. I've even radically changed mine (cut, perm) after an argument. I think it's natural that when you want a change, the easiest thing to change is what you see in the mirror. I always hoped that deeper changes would come, and sometimes they did.
    Very true. I agree that we sometimes need to make a change that at the time we cant do.

My recent bangs adventure was due to a guy (not a break up), thank goodness two months later i finally have some side swept bangs i like and can live with.