Page 1 of 79 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Camellia Oil! (See first post for sources)

Length
    10 in/14.5/27 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i

Default Camellia Oil! (See first post for sources)

What a treat! I've been experimenting with oils for about 7 months now, trying like mad to find the best for my hair. I went thru the usual suspects Coconut, Jojoba, Sweet Almond, Shea Butter, Grapeseed and had the same problem with them making my hair, well, oily. (Since no hairtyping now I will elaborate a bit: I have fine hair, medium coarse-ness, with some waves and poof.) The oils listed above seemed to make my hair very greasy, no matter how much or how little I used, wet or dry. Then, after sitting and 'cooking' in my hair for a bit, my hair would become crunchy. Too much protien, I gather. I gave up on oil completely until I found Camellia oil.
    Here's what I found for my hair anyway -the oil leaves my hair soft and silky. Plain and Simple. I can practically load it on, and I dont get the greasies or the crunchies. I use it for dry oiling, and as a leave-in after each washing. I've had great results both ways. I cannot beleive after all this time there is an oil for my hair! If you are like I was, fed up with oil and wondering why none of the most common were working for you - give Camellia a try. It's a bit more expensive but worth it if you must have oil.

Click here for sources
    Last edited by Flaxen; October 22nd, 2008 at 07:52 PM. Reason: adding sources link
    'You are the master of the spoken word! Once it has left your tongue you are it's slave' -Krushchev - I've opted out of the friends program - please no requests -

Length
    SL/37"/40"
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Alys

Your post on camellia oil has stirred my curiosity.

Elenna
    Silver-haired temptress of the order of the gaming Knights.

Length
    22/22/40
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

You've stirred my curiosity too. I'm tempted to try it, but so far, plain old olive oil is working for me.

What's this I keep hearing about oil and protein? Does oil have protein in it?

Length
    short/32''/40''
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

Camellia seems to work better for me than any other too. It really makes it very soft and tames frizz.

Length
    10 in/14.5/27 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/i

Well I'm glad you all are interested. I'm no expert, but there is a whole balance between protein and moisture, both of which your hair needs. Too much moisture = not good, I'm told - leads to delicate hair. Too much protein = crunchy hair. This I can attest to. I dont need all that extra protein as I get it in my diet, I would guess.
    Some oils must have a higher protein content than others. Everything I had tried was making me crunchy. And I gave it the ole college try, too. Wasted a pot of money
    Apprently Camellia is very popular in Japan, where it grows, and many asian women swear by it both on hair and skin. I also use it in my facial moisturizer 'tincture'. Camellia oil as the carrier and Carrott Seed oil as the EO ingredient. Excellent facial prep, in my opinion.
    Anyhow Good Luck - try the Camellia if you get a chance and post if it worked out well. I've seen so many LCHers posting about the 'crunchies'...
    alysan
    'You are the master of the spoken word! Once it has left your tongue you are it's slave' -Krushchev - I've opted out of the friends program - please no requests -

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

lol ive been using camellia for 6 months now and it seems to be the only oil my hair likes... where did you get your camellia... im always up for looking at a new supplyer...
    can i call this classic length

Thank you for posting this, alys. Would you be so kind as to provide a link for us, in case we would like to purchase some of this oil?

Length
    2/69/70?
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

This is the kind I have (although I bought it at a Japanese store in Hawai'i, not from Amazon) - excellent stuff!

Length
    Nape/nape/BSL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/i

I love camellia oil!
    I have a 500ml bottle of it with a pump on it, I don't use it a great deal on my hair but I love using a pump of it with a teaspoon of soft brown sugar as a facial and body scrub, its fab!!!
    Lady Gylly, Scion of the Blessed Island in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    28/tlb/tlb
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

I use Camellia oil on and off. I currently have the Oshima one but I was using the one from From Nature With Love (FNWL) before. They finally have it in stock again. It works better on my skin than on my hair. It is ok for my hair.

Mahars - I believe this one does not have protein. Coconut oil does.

Indian Herb Article Wstern Herb Article 2b/C/ii/iii .
    Lady Aes Cyprium, Potionmaker and Alchemist to the Order of the Long Haired Knights