Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tresemme naturals - cone free

Persistent Procrastinator teela1978's Avatar
    Length
    19/34/36
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Tresemme naturals - cone free

Just bought some last night, I was out of my cone-free conditioner (I switch between coney and cone-free depending on how my hair feels) and was rather surprised to notice that the new tresemme has a little "cone free" label on it. And it is, cone free. Not very cheap at my local grocery store, but you get an awfully large bottle.

I'll report back once I try it out.

Length
    APL/TB/TB
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Tresemme naturals - cone free

Neat! I like Tresemme, and while I do use cones, I like having cone-free options in my conditioner stash as well.

Length
    Chin/Waist/FTL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I picked this up last time I was at the supermarket about two weeks ago - my hair seems to love it.

Length
    pixie/pixie/??

I bought this last week...found it at Wal-mart. I've used it once for CO and really liked it. I got the aloe & avacado conditioner. It has a nice, clean smell and the texture is pretty thick...not too thick though. Yes, I couldn't believe the front of the bottle actually says, "silicone free"! That's a first, huh. Maybe some of these companies are catching on.

I didn't get the shampoo. I've got to use some of mine up before I buy again. At least I hope I can wait that long. Ha!

Oh man! I saw that and didn't buy it! My hair's being finicky again so I've gone back to cony Aussie to see if that helps. If it doesn't I'm going back to cone free and I'm SO going to get this!!!

Length
    :(/:|/:)
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

I've been looking at these... fairly big bottles for fairly cheap, and available all over the place. I'm confused as to why Tresemme put isopropyl alcohol in them though, even though it's a teeny amount.

Moisturizing, with Aloe and Avocado
    Ingredients: Water (Aqua, Eau), stearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, fragrance (parfum), lauroyl lysine, caprylyl glycol, brassica campestris/aleurites fordi oil copolymer, aspartic acid, distearyldimonium chloride, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, citric acid, alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, aloe barbadensis leaf juice

Volumizing, with Sweet Orange
    Ingredients: Water (aqua, eau), stearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, caprylic/capri triglyceride, stearamidopropyl dimethylamine, fragrance (parfum), caprylyl glycol, aspartic acid, distearyldimonium chloride, lauroyl lysine, benzyl alcohol, citric acid, alcohol, isopropyl alcohol, cymbopogon schoenanthus extract, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) peel extract

Length
    12/20/36
    Type
    3c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MandaMom2Three View Post
    Oh man! I saw that and didn't buy it! My hair's being finicky again so I've gone back to cony Aussie to see if that helps. If it doesn't I'm going back to cone free and I'm SO going to get this!!!
    Aussie's my 'base' conditioner too, but my hair is pretty accommodating right now, so I'll try it.

It's weird to see 'Silcone Free' ARE THEY WATCHING US?
    Last edited by Twil; March 1st, 2010 at 02:02 PM.
    ~Lady Caoimhe of the Roasted Tea Leaves in the Order of the Long Hair Knights~

In all things, be more like Stevie Nicks.

Length
    19/34/36
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MandaMom2Three View Post
    I actually just finished off a bottle of aussie. I find that too many cones and my hair goes flat, too few and it takes forever to detangle. I just flipflop between conditioners pretty much every time I wash, keeps a good cone level

Length
    short/short/long!
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii

wonder why they added the alchohol and isopropyl alchohol. THose are drying arent they?

Length
    19/34/36
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Looking at it, there aren't any preservatives other than the alcohol, so I'm guessing that's the reason its in there.

Used it tonight, its very slippy and nice. We'll see how it stands up to repeated use