Thread: 'Shaking' sock bun

Length
    Chin/APL/Waist
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default 'Shaking' sock bun

I did my first sock bun today, and it seems to 'shake' when I walk or eat, haha. It doesn't bother me too much, but I hope it'll stay up, because the bun isn't super tight.

Anyone else experiencing this too?

Length
    17'/29'/30'
    Type
    2a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: 'Shaking' sock bun

My sock bun always feels really secure but I think that's because I made it out of a "tight" sock - it wasn't very big so it fits more securely around my pony tail. But I'm sure yours should stay up regardless just because of the second elastic that you use to secure it...

Length
    SL/HIP/CLSC
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

mine is always rock solid.. I don't think it would move if an airplane hit my head are you securing it with a second elastic or using hair pins/sticks/forks?

Lady Ardwinna of the Blessed Soil in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    Chin/APL/Waist
    Type
    1c/F/ii

You're right, the gap in my sock is slightly bigger than the thickness of my ponytail. I still have to buy a new sock that matches my hair color better (in case my hair doesn't cover the sock anymore in all places), I'm using a black one right now.

I'm glad I tried a sock bun because it looks like I have more hair. My mom likes it too!

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry_Sprinkle View Post
    mine is always rock solid.. I don't think it would move if an airplane hit my head are you securing it with a second elastic or using hair pins/sticks/forks?
    Yes it's secured with a second elastic and I'm using hair pins and clawclips. My bun is still in place and doesn't feel loose, but it shakes a little when I move.
    Last edited by Finoriel; February 28th, 2010 at 01:11 PM. Reason: merged doubled post
    'No one can make you feel inferior without your consent' - Eleanor Roosevelt

Coconut Oil

Length
    16/32-34/42
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/iii

I've heard of people using old nylons to cover their sock buns to make the color closer to their own haircolor. Not sure what your hair color is, but you can get nylons ussually in shades from a yellow-blonde color to black, if that helps
    "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him"1 Corinthians 2:9

Length
    Chin/APL/Waist
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Thanks for the tip! I didn't think of that!
    'No one can make you feel inferior without your consent' - Eleanor Roosevelt

Coconut Oil

Length
    16"/BSL/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

I made my sock bun out of 2 old (had runs) thigh highs that I just cut the gripper part off of. Works very well and the color is a much closer match to my hair then the white tube sock I was using.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]