Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Holiday Gift Exchange 2009

Length
    chin/APL/?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Thumbs up Holiday Gift Exchange 2009

Since there's been a few of us who have been interested in a gift exchange this year, I decided to go ahead and start one. Here are the general rules:
    - You have to let me know you are interested by November 27th. By that point, I'll assign everyone a giftee, and I'll take on any extras should it be uneven.
    - Please mention if you are not interested in, or cannot mail overseas or out of country.
    - Final mail out date should be December 20th, at the very latest. December 15th should be ideal.
    - Our cap price will be $20. You can go more, or less, depending on what your giftee mentions they would like, and don't rule out homemade items! They don't have to be hair-related, but I figure we'll at least have one hair thing in here, since we are a hair-focused crowd
    - I'd like you to include a note explaining why you chose the things you did, but this isn't mandatory I figure it will get members who might not know each other that well a chance to meet someone new.
    - Should you be interested, please post on this thread your desire to take part, and your "wish list".

To give you an idea for the wish list, here's mine: I like anything penguin-related, and love lip balms- I can always use more! A huge pack of them would rock Hair-wise, I love deep conditioners and would love to try something that's not sold at the typical American drugstore. I'd love to try a vanilla-based Bpal, but since those are super expensive, I'd love a decant from one of yours if you have it! I don't mind shipping overseas.

Have fun, all, and I look forward to the exchange!

***edited to note that the last day to sign up has been changed***
    Last edited by amaiaisabella; November 23rd, 2009 at 07:10 PM. Reason: new sign-up date limit
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts.
    Study hard. Be evil.

Royal Buness/Jedi Master Hypnotica's Avatar
    Length
    Pixie/Calf/?
    Type
    1a/M/ii

Default Re: Holiday Gift Exchange 2009

Sign me up!

- I'm an earing junkie (silver colour or oxidized yellow metals).
    - I would love to have more single hair sticks.
    - I knit, so I also collect knit related items as stitch markers.

I'm willing to ship international.
    Last edited by Hypnotica; November 10th, 2009 at 03:59 AM.
    Emerald Green Henna Dragon, Guardian of ALL THINGS GREEN.

Length
    23/27/TBL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I'd love to do this again

• I like bright colours (jewel colours are my favourites, blues, greens and pinks. Most colours work but not so keen on pastels) , silver metal tones, not keen on gold colours.
    • Anything warm and snuggly
    • Hair sticks are always welcome, I dont use many other hair toys but always open to tryng new hair gadgets
    • For hair sticks Im happy with pairs or singles, I get on with most types of sticks / forks. Length I use is about 6"
    • Hair wise im SLS and cone free and like most smells apart from bananas
    I'm happy to ship overseas
    Last edited by Monsterkitti; November 13th, 2009 at 12:08 AM. Reason: to add colours / sizes :)

Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I'd like to play, and I'm also willing to ship overseas.

Um.

- I really like anything lavender or sandalwood scented (I enjoy other scents as well but not fruity scents). That goes for pretty much anything- candles, lip balms, creams, oils anything. EO's/scented oils are great and I can usually handle oils but commercial spray perfumes make me sneeze
    -Hair-wise, Im very much into decorative pain-free! headbands and headwraps right now(decorative meaning sparklies, bows, feathers, flowers, leaves- you get the idea). In general, corkscrew shapes hold my hair better than straight sticks.
    -I'm also on the hunt for the perfect headcovering/mantilla so scarves that will stay on my head are always welcome.
    -I'm also intrigued by anything (not necessarily hair related) that isn't easily found in the US- be it hairtoys, beauty products, whatever. Ethnic stuff welcome.
    -I can only wear sterling earrings, so earrings should probably be avoided.

I should add that I'm very into Celtic/Asian cultures, am Orthodox Christian, love fantasy/sci-fi, and I'm a stage performer so I can always use "period" looking stuff. I am also obsessed with the Muppets.

My favorite colors are blues, greens, purples, black, and metallics (copper, silver, or gold) Least favorites are red or orange. Beige makes me look incredibly ill.

Feel free to be creative (or not!) Other than sending me a kitten (horribly allergic) I'm sure I'll love whatever you send!
    Last edited by Magdalene; November 11th, 2009 at 10:41 AM. Reason: eta: colors
    Picture on left in front of "my" flower.
    Photo Album
    No more Mr. Nice Gaius.

dreamed she was human... halo_tightens's Avatar
    Type
    2b/C/iii

Okay, I want to do this too! I would prefer to ship within the US, but I can ship worldwide if needed.

Like Magdalene, I'm also very interested in items from other cultures/ethnicities. (Heck, I get a huge kick out of the packaging when I get henna just because it's imported.) I too like pretty coverings/mantillas. Anything hippie-ish is pretty cool, too.

I'm cone-free, and I love oils/butters/balms/treatments, especially natural. I love trying all kinds of natural products, hair or otherwise (makeup?). I've never tried poo bars, but am very interested in trying them!! --or other alternative washing methods... aritha? shikakai? and so on....
    I'm fine with animal products and don't know of any allergies or sensitivities (except chemical hair dyes!!).

I love kitties, froggies, dragonflies and hummingbirds.

When it comes to anything metal, I prefer gold-tone to silver-tone (but occasionally stray).

This is the LHC, so of course hair toys are always fun too. I don't yet have ANY forks with 3+ prongs, or smooth wood/bone/horn/etc combs, or good hair pins. I LOVE bun cages and bun covers, hard or soft! I'm also not opposed to previously-loved items if they seem a good fit for me. I'm not picky about length on sticks/forks; I like to play with different sizes and styles anyway.

Color-wise, I really like greens and earth tones, and also jewel tones, and natural wood.

ETA: I keep adding info as it comes to mind-- I hope that's all right. I'm just trying to make things easy for whoever gets me.
    Last edited by halo_tightens; November 14th, 2009 at 10:02 AM. Reason: added info

Length
    APL/APL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/i/ii

Count me in =) I'd prefer to ship U.S. only, but if it comes down to it, I don't mind overseas.

WishList:
    I love horses
    I have a Saint Bernard pup
    I love drawing, painting, sculpting, etc.
    My hair eats hairsticks, but loves hair forks so no hairsticks please. 4" - 5" usable length
    Favorite colors are teal, green, red, white. My complexion / season is winter if that helps.
    I don't wear much jewelry unless it is silver. Earrings, rings or a simple necklace.
    I love anything that is hand made.
    Always wanted to try Bpal and Goth Rosary inspired smells...
    Favorite scents... Vanilla, Cinnamon, Pumpkin, Hazlenut, Coffee, Apple, Jazmine..
    Scents I dislike... Patchouli, Strong floral scents

I spend a lot of time at the stable, and winter is coming so I can use gloves/fingerless gloves, so I can easily groom without taking the gloves off, scarves, headband/ear warmers, etc.
    If you can knit/crochet I have always admired the Hannah hat design...I have a small head though
    I will love anything that you decide to gift me, so don't stress... I'm not a picky person
    Last edited by JessTheMess; November 16th, 2009 at 11:10 AM. Reason: adding shipping

Chocoholic bookworm little_acorn's Avatar
    Length
    17"/27"/31"
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

Heh I'm in ,

I can post internationally - not many members in NZ

- I love wood sticks predominantly or sticks that reflect nature in some way
    - I also love forks too
    - fav colours are green, purple, red, blue and black
    - fav scents are lavender, patchlouli, ginger
    - hated smells are anything artificial, bananas

Length
    3"/20"/30"
    Type
    3b/F/i/ii

I'll play too!

I've been looking at calorimetries, they look really useful now that winter is coming.
    I don't have hair friendly pillow cases, and my office chair eats my hair, if'n my gifter makes satiny/silky things. I've not managed to keep anything like a sleep cap on my head at night, and DH thinks I look silly...
    I love soft snuggly scarves.
    I like leafy/nature themes, favorite colors are black, blue, green, purple, brown. Really don't like pink of any sort, and pastels usually look icky to me.
    I don't wear anything gold toned, and due to a nickel allergy stick to silver and titanium, etc.
    I like those african comb/easy comb style hair things that are two hair combs with stretchy decorative stuff between them. The one I picked up is way too big on me though, I have very compactable hair.
    Scents, I love Nag Champa. How boring! Don't like flowery smells, I usually prefer manly scents.

Gosh I don't like making wish lists, it feels greedy to me!

~____________________________~~____________________________~

Type
    1a/M/iii

How fun! I would love to join in too!!! Although I'm located in the US, I can ship overseas (I love receiving/sending packages )

It feels so fun to make a list (a little like being a kid again, no?) Here's mine:

- I LOVE anything fantasy, Renaissance, or mythology themed, and am an avid reader
    - Jewel tones are my favorite, especially greens (love leaf themes) and purples
    - I adore natural woods
    - Silver and copper are my preferred metal tones
    - I am a coconut oil, ketylo, and quattro addict (sticks need to be 6")
    - I love to make and wear jewelry, so I'm always up for receiving beads/gems
    - I'm allergic to a lot of fragrances and makeups, unfortunately (no EOs yet that I know of though)
    - I have a cat and am slightly obsessed with him!

I can't wait to get to shopping/crafting!!!
    Last edited by elianne; November 12th, 2009 at 06:05 PM.

Length
    22"/35"/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Count me in! I can ship anywhere

Wish List:

- Natural woods rock my socks, but dymondwood and aluminum works too! 5.5" length. Sticks and forks only please - no clips or pinchy stuff. I love ketylos!

- I am on a cone-free regimen. I am willing to try any natural or organic shampoo/poo bar/conditioner/hair oil

- I am allergic to nikel! Yikes! So if you want to make or buy me earrings, they have to be hypo-allergenic. i <3 earrings!

- I knit! You could maybe find a few skeins of a cool color/texture.

- I love flowers, glass, anything nature themed. Darker colors rock; light colors disappear in my hair. Fave colors are: dk. blue, purple, black, green, vivid magenta and silver.
    Last edited by Sha-na-na; November 20th, 2009 at 04:21 PM. Reason: updated description