Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Drinking water?

Length
    15"/BSL/hip
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Drinking water?

They say that drinking a LOT of water will help your hair grow plus it is good for over all health.
    I have a HARD time drinking a lot of water for some reason, & need to set up a way to get it all in.
    I was wondering how do you drink a LOT of water?
    Also how much water do you drink?

So what is your secret for drinking a LOT of water?

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    shldr/shldr/shldr

Default Re: Drinking water?

I drink tons of water because it's all I drink. I just like it, so it's not hard for me. My hair has always grown fast but I don't think it's because of the water. I gave up soda completely about 9-10 years ago. Back when I drank soda more than water, I still had fast growth.

Length
    18"/BSL/term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

if you dont like just plain water, slice up some lemon, lime and orange wedges and squeeze them into the water. It will help you get it down.
    I drink tons of water all day, but wouldn't attribute that to making my hair grow faster. I do think it helps the overall appearance of my skin, nails and hair though. I also drink lots of green tea.
    Sail Away where no ball and chain can keep us from the roaring waves Captain Adiranna Brightwing of the Flame-Sailed Ship in the Order of the long Haired Knights

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I try to drink at least one 8 oz. glass with each meal. Sometimes I have two. I've always liked to drink a lot with a meal. I always carry a bottle of water with me when I'm out and about. I can easily finish off one or two a day. When I'm sitting at the computer here at home I always have water. I've substituted water for most of my pop drinking. There are meals that pop just tastes better than water so I go ahead and have pop. I often start my morning with a big glass of water. When I was getting in the water habit I had to force myself to gulp it down and get it over with. Now I just do it. I think keeping water handy is a good way to get it down. Make it easy access. Drink water that you like. Different kinds of water taste different. I can't stand our tap water so I drink bottled water. I buy a gallon jug to use here at home as it's less pricey than individual bottles. You can also buy flavored waters and little packets of flavorings. I find those to be too strong and use them at half strength.

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    .../33,07/wrist
    Type
    3a/3b/M/iii

I drink about 2-3 liters of water everyday..I've always the bottle with me, and I fill it at university everytime I want to take a break while I'm studying
    when I'm at home I put a glass on the fridge, so everytime I go in the kitchen for eating something I see the glass and I drink

I don't have a fast growth, and I don't think water could make it faster, but it helps to purify all the body and the wellness is reflected on the health of hair too
    she got long black wavy hair
    faunesque photo album
    my style game log

Length
    APL/26/???
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I drink easily 2L or more everyday, but I don't think it impacts on my hair growth.

It does prevent my skin drying out through so it likely could impact on hair.

I don't find it difficult, I drink water when I first get up in the morning, and a glass with each meal. I will often put a glass next to me when I'm cooking. I think the best way is to just always have it there, whether its a water bottle at your desk, or you just refill your glass whenever you get up.

The lemon slice is a good idea, you could also have sparkling mineral water with a lemon slice for variety.

Another trick if you drink alot of tea or coffee is to drink a glass of water while you wait for the kettle to boil. Once your in the habit it becomes easy to drink enough water.

Length
    17.25/17.25/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

I swear I could go without drinking hardly anything unless I put my mind to it. So here's what I try to do:

I drink green tea in the morning, spearmint/feungreek tea in the afternoon, and sleepytime tea before bed.

Drink one glass of water before a meal and another with the meal.

I drink club soda or seltzer (sodium free) when I'm out and if I want an alcoholic drink I have a wine spritzer (wine with club soda). Although some will say the carbonation takes away from the amount of water your body gets, it is still better than drinking a sweetened drink or a full glass of wine.

I add cucumber to my water - love it!!
    Chin...Shoulder...Collarbone...APL...BSL...Waist!
    << I miss this hair
    DanielleDoucette.com

Length
    21"/39"/44"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Hey, recently I went from drinking barely a cup of coffee and some more tea (and both are dehydrating as much as they are hydrating), to drinking almost 2 liters of water a day. It was a fairly easy transition, and a positive one. It would take time, but you'll be sursprised how fast you can teach yourself to drink more.
    First you need to remind yourself to drink water all the time. Make up a bottle of water, and carry it around wherever you go. Always remind yourself consciously to drink a bit, very often. At first you won't drink alot, as you're not used to that. That's okay. After a while it becomes a habit. If you can make yourself drink a cup of water after dinner and lunch, it's a great habit too to acquire. I personally feel like it fills me up and makes me feel full, so I like it (I don't like to leave the table feeling hungry).
    After a while of doing this, your body gets used to the new found water intake amounts, and adjusts accordingly. At some point your actually start to feel thirsty the way you did feel before, because your body learns to ask for the water, now that you intake such amounts. So, apart from making it a habit, you also start to feel the need to drink, even plain water (bottled water is better IMO, I always try to drink bottled water). This way, after a while, you don't make yourself drink alot, you just do.
    I recommend it to everyone, such a good thing to do to yourself.
    HTH

Soft hair that is nice to sit on - now I'm bragging!

It's embarrassing to even admit this, but I don't like water. It's so boring, I have a hard time drinking it. In the summer is better, when I play tennis or something outside I can down an icy bottle or two pretty quick. But, otherwise, I make sort of a weak lemonade and keep it around. That's my water.

Length
    20"/43"/40"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

At one point I weighed 330 pounds, it became very important to lose that weight (family history slapped me in the face very hard). I'm still a very round person, but not as round. I used to not drink water at all, unless I had to - I hated it. I drank coffee in the morning and soda in during the rest of the day - I polished off nearly a whole 2 liter bottle of soda daily. I realized I had to quit drinking the soda along with my dietary changes and I HATE diet soda way more than water.

I started forcing myself to drink more water. I always drink a lot of liquids so it was a bit difficult at first to switch over since I really did hate water. After a couple of weeks of forcing myself to drink water I realized I liked it and if I wanted to cheat I'd have a glass of soda, drink about a 1/4 of it, dump it and get water instead.
    I'm not ADHD, it's just... Do you like cookiesSewing Blog!