Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling all Norwegians (products)

Length
    waist/tbl/clsc
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Default Calling all Norwegians (products)

I thought it would be nice to have a place to discuss the availability of (hair cair) products in Norway, products sold in Norway and, well, other things that may not be of any interest to other than Norwegians. For instance, where do I find essential oils (eteriske oljer)? I know Apotek1 has some, but I'd like to know of a place with a bit more to choose from.

Also, I wonder if any of you have experience with the First Price conditioner? It's cone free, really cheap and pretty basic, so I thought I might be good for CO and everything that requires loads of conditioner. Haven't tried it yet though, as I am currently on WO.

Hope to hear from you.

Default Re: Calling all Norwegians

I thought it would be nice to have a place to discuss the availability of (hair cair) products in Norway, products sold in Norway and, well, other things that may not be of any interest to other than Norwegians.
    I'm not Norwegian, but there are social groups here for Swedes, Finns, Germans, Aussies, maybe someone could start one for Norwegians?

Length
    waist/tbl/clsc
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Radulfr View Post
    I'm not Norwegian, but there are social groups here for Swedes, Finns, Germans, Aussies, maybe someone could start one for Norwegians?
    Yeah, that would be nice. Until then, though...

Length
    APL/Tbl/Clssc
    Type
    2b/M/ii

(May I just start off by saying that I was totally confused when I saw this thread? I'm Norwegian AND my name is Kristine. For a moment there I was wondering if I'd done something odd with my screen name and started a thread without remembering. )

Anyway, can't help you with the essential oils because I've never bought any in Norway. I did come across a nice UK-based website once, though, which sells both carrier oils and essential oils at a nice price. I've purchased their carrier oils in the past:
    http://www.aromantic.co.uk/home.php

As for the First Price conditioner, I've used that for CO with quite good results! I've given up CO for now because I just can't be bothered (I spend so much time rinsing. I probably use way more condish than I need, though). But it's definitely worth trying.

Other cone-free conditioners I like are Elvital Nutri-Gloss Hårmaske and Elvital Renutrition Hårmaske w/ Royal Jelly, both for ordinary use and as part of deep conditioning recipes like SMT. (Also, the royal jelly one smells delicious.)

Currently: tailbone length
    Next goal: classic length

Length
    Pixie/Shldr/Trmnl
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Hei på deg!

The First Price Condish is great for CO, and the equally amazing Bamse conditioner, the bottle is pink, there's a picture of Brummelise on it, it's cone-free and I think it's Apotek 1 who carries it
    EO's I don't know much about, but I think you might have luck with so called "alternative" stores. You could also try Kvasir, there's bound to be someone who sells them over the net
    If you haven't caught the rave about soapnuts go read up on it over in the henna/herbal forum here on LHC, if you want to get them Bleieboden.no is a good place to buy, the product is good, the price is good and you'll get them just a couple of days after ordering.

Good to see more Norwegians here!

"We are now entering subspace. Please stand by and await further disruptions."

Length
    short/37in/???
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Hei,

not Norwegian, but living in Norway?
    Anyway, I buy all EO's from the helsekostbutikk, alternative foods store, in ours (Arna) they have quite a good selection. An the first price condish, I use it to mix my cassia with and for when my giovanni, smooth as silk, is depleted... For being dirt cheap, it's brilliant!
    If you live in the neighbourhood of Fusa, Vestlandet, we do order quite a lot of "natural" goods (food and non food) from Solås Økohandel, they deliver straight to your door, and carry everything in the Helios-Weleda-... range. But only in and around Fusa...
    If you're intrested, just drop me a line on marijke@marijkes.net (can't pm me yet, just a new member)

Length
    26/30/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Hello!

The First Price conditioner works great for CO, and it's what I use most often.

There are also cone-free conditioners to be found in health food stores. The one I've tried is the Einerlåg Balsam; it's a really rich and creamy conditioner. Useless for CO when I tried that, but great if you have quite dry or damaged hair, and works good with SMTs. In larger towns they also often carry Giovanni.

I can recommend www.northernhenna.com for anyone looking to try BAQ henna or cassia. The product is good and the prices quite reasonable.

EOs I don't know too much about, but they sell some at Indiska and in some health food stores. Indiska also had hair sticks here some time ago. They were a bit short, a bit thick, and a bit expensive, but they were hairsticks.

Glitter also has some really cheap and fragile-looking plastic hair sticks. I haven't tried them, but they might be worth a look if you don't have any.

Fluke, thanks so much for the soapnut link! I've been wanting to try those.

Amfibi sells microfibre towels (look under "Friluftsutstyr" and "Hygiene") and other sites do too. Google "Sea to summit" (that's the brand) and "mikrofiber" and you'll find them.

Length
    waist/tbl/clsc
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Brianna View Post
    (May I just start off by saying that I was totally confused when I saw this thread? I'm Norwegian AND my name is Kristine. For a moment there I was wondering if I'd done something odd with my screen name and started a thread without remembering. )
    Oh, but you did. You really don't remember? :P

Great to see you all, and thanks for the tips. I guess I haven't searched my health food stores for EOs, so I'll try that.

Thank you so much Samikha, for linking to the nothern henna site. I appears that they even have a shop (well, "utsalg" atleast) in Trondheim, which is where I live No more worrying about keeping orders under 200 kr.

Thanks for the soapnut-link too. At 15 kr, included shipping, for a sample, it's definitely worth a try.

Type
    1a/F/i

I've gotten quite a few EO's from myrra.no. The prices aren't too bad, and the selection is pretty good. They've also got carrier oils and such.

Fitjarsoap carries Too Shea-products, and CurlyGirl-stuff, plus they sell soapbars, and they've got a forum.

Änglamark, found in Mega, has a cone-free condish. Neutral does as well.

All in all I'd say going CO in Norway is bound to be a bit expensive... But since it didn't work for me I'm good either way

There's also a place in Oslo that carries Ficcare. I forget which parfymeri it was, but you can find it on Ficcare's own pages. However, when I was in contact with them the selection was slim, and the prices so stiff that I went with ordering them straight from the source...

Sunvita.no sells a bunch of basic stuff for making your own lotions and stuff. I haven't ordered from them, but their response was very fast when I had a couple of questions about their shea butter.

Nini

My friend's most impressive fourth ever braid on real hair a week after first learning, february-23.

Length
    26/30/32
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Nini, now that you mentioned it, I remember reading somewhere that Gimle Parfymeri in Oslo sells Ficcares, so probably the same place.

I forgot Fitjarsoap! They're REALLY quick with shipping. Usually they have a couple trial packs of Jessicurl around, but I'm afraid that me and my best friend got the last they had It probably won't be too long until they restock (or so I hope).

Kristine, you should know that Northern Henna's actual location is kind of, no, really difficult to find. I got there in the end, but...you can PM me if you don't fancy wandering around like a henna-crazed lab rat. (That goes for everyone who wants closer directions, btw )